Criterion's Need for Speed: Most Wanted Page 14

  • Page

    of 26 First / Last

  • Whizzo 5 Nov 2012 14:17:49 43,372 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    griff0x wrote:Anyone tried the Tesla yet?
    What engine noise?, quite off putting :>
    It's very silly when you get nitrous for it, perhaps they should have called it KERS or something because nitrous on an electric car makes no sense.

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • Pinky_Floyd 5 Nov 2012 14:18:30 8,394 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Doesn't the other lad with two 680s own it :D
    heheh this is one game where it seriously doesn't give a shit how many graphics cards you have. Any more than 1 is just wasted space :D

    Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 14:19:20 05-11-2012
  • asphaltcowboy 5 Nov 2012 14:19:24 5,143 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    asphaltcowboy wrote:
    Btw to the people having trouble with evading - if you manage to break the radar/line of sight from the cops and get some space: Find a nice, quite back alley or factory to sit in, come to a stop and click the left stick in. Your engine will switch off and your cooldown will RAPIDLY speed up.

    Obviously if they find you again, it takes a second to start the car and start moving but your heat level should be well down from how it was prior to hiding.
    Just posting for a new page in case people miss it!
  • asphaltcowboy 5 Nov 2012 14:20:41 5,143 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Edit: Nevermind! Reading comprehension fail!

    Edited by asphaltcowboy at 14:22:21 05-11-2012
  • Kay 5 Nov 2012 14:26:55 17,971 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any news on a 360 demo? I, like many others no doubt, am trying to decide between this and Forza Horizon.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 14:29:09
    I think the general consensus is Horizon for what it's worth. Having played this and the demo of Horizon, I think Forza is the better game.

    2 cents
  • GeezaTap 5 Nov 2012 14:32:22 288 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can you lovely people help me wrap my head around the MP?

    I joined a game the other day and the first challenge was a Takedown challenge, which is fair enough. Although takedowns only counted in a certain area, which everyone either ignored or didn't know.

    Is this part and parcel of MP, or is there a way to get races only etc?

    Cheers in advance!
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 14:37:21 780 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @kay, get em both, different styles of game.
    If i had to choose i would go with horizon though as i dont feel like i have touched the surface of that in a week where as nfs:MW i think i have done 90%+ of the races in 2 days.

    Have tried NFS on my pc with SLi'd 680, Sli doesnt seem to help in anyway and the game runs like a dog in some places.

    i5-3570 @ 4.4ghz
    32gb ddr3
    2 x 680
    tried without the oc too, ran much the same.
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 14:40:02 780 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @GeezaTap,

    you can create custom event lists from what i made out when i tried it, although only 2 of us on at the time so the takedown bits and jump over so many players bits was all a bit meh. once i had left i noticed the edit custom list where you can select to add just races to the list.
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 14:40:33 14,661 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They are totally different. they both are about driving -that's it nothing else in common.

    Horizon makes a great first impression - racing ot the festival and the realisation of that atmosphere as you drive up the firs tfew times. It's also good for just cruising along the roads in.

    However I'm quickly tiring of it (shh i know it's not the 'correct' opinion :D) because a lot of the racing is along fairly straight roads there's no sublety to the way you should build your ride - power > all else. addtionally there's no penatly for wall riding, rewinding etc - making a bit of a mockery out of rivals. for sure driving properly will get you so far - probably into the top 500 if you're good but after that it's jinking the system. Plus i find that the roads are walled off a tad too much, there's a weird juxtapoision of illegal racing but no police presence. and it's very brown.

    Bascially it's all very well done but not very varied.

    NFS:MW is for sure not without faults either (it could have done with a 'festival' treatment similar to FH to give at least osme structure to the most wanted blacklist, and the barriers ot each level should be higher) but for me I enjoy the no holds barred racing more, it's world is cremmed with detial and areas to explore, so it actually feels less hemmed in than FH to me.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 5 Nov 2012 14:42:11 26,631 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    If you could only get one, I'd go with Horizon.

    Whilst this has grown on me a little, there are still far too many annoyances to outright recommend it. Also, purely as a driving/racing game I feel Horizon offers the best overall package.

    IMO etc etc etc.
  • mikew1985 5 Nov 2012 14:47:45 13,054 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's best to play with a group of like minded individuals. That way you can all communicate and enjoy the utter mayhem together.

    I can imagine that playing with randoms is just absolute carnage to a less fun degree.

    Also to add my own two cents to the debate as to whether this game is worth it: If you were a big fan of Hot Pursuit, this is an absolute no brainer in my opinion. I loved Hot Pursuit from the off and equally I am really enjoying this.

    I think it's slightly less structured but thats offset against it being a proper open world unlike Hot Pursuit, which itself was confusingly structured as well.

    To summarise; I love it.
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 14:49:38 780 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    NFS:MW sucks on a wheel though, it has no cockpit view, which is why i prefer horizon as the wheel support is great, Manual with Clutch just adds that xtra layer.

    but on a pad the intensity defenately lies with Most Wanted as Shamble has pointed out, Autolog just sucks you in and don't let go.

    Edited by griff0x at 14:52:13 05-11-2012
  • Whizzo 5 Nov 2012 14:52:28 43,372 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They're very different games and I'd suggest that any 360 owner who enjoys racing games should buy both, if not now but get one and pick the other up later when it's going to be cheaper.

    Horizon is certainly the looker of the two and going from that and its 100% stable 30FPS to the more ambitious environment of Fairhaven but with some performance issues is a bit of a shock.

    Edited by Whizzo at 15:05:01 05-11-2012

    This space left intentionally blank.

  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 14:54:14
    griff0x wrote:
    NFS:MW sucks on a wheel though, it has no cockpit view, which is why i prefer horizon as the wheel support is great, Manual with Clutch just adds that xtra layer.

    but on a pad the intensity defenately lies with Most Wanted as Shamble has pointed out, Autolog just sucks you in and don't let go.
    I'm jealous of your computer so it's some comfort to know you probably look like a tool playing with a steering wheel :D
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 15:16:16 780 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @bitch_tits_zero_nine

    Maybe i do, but it feels great, even better with the new v2 CSR pedals that were installed other week.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 15:18:12
    Awesome!
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 15:31:23 14,661 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @griff is your pc hooked up to that too?
  • christourlord 5 Nov 2012 15:32:24 2,498 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    lol
  • griff0x 5 Nov 2012 15:47:33 780 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Shamble, yea its just out of shot too the left , this is early pic whilst putting it together when we all went onto the Pro Race sessions for a while, just after quitting on with F1'11 due to the bugs with the car going in a straight line when someone spoke out of turn :>
  • shamblemonkee 5 Nov 2012 15:48:53 14,661 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ah yeah that. heh.

    you need to get in on some MP with us for this - been too long.
  • Kay 5 Nov 2012 15:54:23 17,971 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    shamblemonkee wrote:
    They are totally different. they both are about driving -that's it nothing else in common.

    Horizon makes a great first impression - racing ot the festival and the realisation of that atmosphere as you drive up the firs tfew times. It's also good for just cruising along the roads in.

    However I'm quickly tiring of it (shh i know it's not the 'correct' opinion :D) because a lot of the racing is along fairly straight roads there's no sublety to the way you should build your ride - power > all else. addtionally there's no penatly for wall riding, rewinding etc - making a bit of a mockery out of rivals. for sure driving properly will get you so far - probably into the top 500 if you're good but after that it's jinking the system. Plus i find that the roads are walled off a tad too much, there's a weird juxtapoision of illegal racing but no police presence. and it's very brown.

    Bascially it's all very well done but not very varied.

    NFS:MW is for sure not without faults either (it could have done with a 'festival' treatment similar to FH to give at least osme structure to the most wanted blacklist, and the barriers ot each level should be higher) but for me I enjoy the no holds barred racing more, it's world is cremmed with detial and areas to explore, so it actually feels less hemmed in than FH to me.
    Cheers. As much as I like the idea of Horizon, it still felt a bit sterile to me in the demo. Driving fast down wide country roads does offer its own thrill, but the world seemed empty otherwise.

    NFS certainly looks more exciting and "alive", but from what I've read & seen it has some annoying gameplay (and performance) issues.
  • woodsey1982 5 Nov 2012 15:55:43 2 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Got this for 360 over the weekend and I'm loving it! Need more friends who play it though, only have 1 friend showing up on Autolog. Add me!

    GT : WoodseyEFC

    Thanks!
  • monkman76 5 Nov 2012 16:36:19 5,424 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kay wrote:


    Cheers. As much as I like the idea of Horizon, it still felt a bit sterile to me in the demo. Driving fast down wide country roads does offer its own thrill, but the world seemed empty otherwise.

    NFS certainly looks more exciting and "alive", but from what I've read & seen it has some annoying gameplay (and performance) issues.
    I'm in the same boat deciding between the two, and I entirely agree with your impressions of the Horizon demo. Maybe it feels more alive in the full game.

    Let us know which you plump for!
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2012 16:39:41 15,427 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @woodsey1982
    Hi mate
    I will add you, you had better not start beating my scores/times though ;)

    "Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

  • Adamical 5 Nov 2012 17:44:34 316 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I wish I were as rich as griff0x.
  • uk-kob 5 Nov 2012 17:56:34 130 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    it took me a few hours, to get into this, now i have a hang of the controls, im enjoying it a lot more, i was constantly watching my crash animation to start with.
  • Deleted user 5 November 2012 18:15:12
    Horizon did feel a bit sterile, I thought I might as well be playing forza 4 and doing some serious racing, I think Hot Pursuit remains my favourite 'long open road' type racer, even if the cars handle like boats.

    Spong's review of NFS MW sums up the game well

    Pros
    + Looks lovely
    + Huge selection of desirable cars
    + Humorous in places

    Cons
    - Confusing
    - Uninspiring
    - Frustrating

    6/10

    Surprised Edge sold out and gave this a 9/10, but they do get their name plastered on all the NFS adds.
  • Kovacs77 5 Nov 2012 18:40:02 381 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If someone released a mod to turn off the slo-mo crash replays (boring, especially with the lack of actual vehicle damage) and the (admittedly skippable) intro movies for each race that have to load every single time you play, then I'd like MW a hell of a lot more.

    Oh, and the police chases are shit.
  • Angry_Man_Dan 5 Nov 2012 18:58:30 212 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Loving this so far - stuck to the single player so far, had an hour on MP last night and it was utter chaos! Looking for some people on PSN for slightly more organised games!

    PSN - Angry_Man_Dan

    PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan
    Live - AngryManDanHD

  • Page

    of 26 First / Last

Log in or register to reply