FIFA 13

• Page

of 40 First / Last

Previous
  • Shane86 7 May 2012 20:32:16 280 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    [QUOTE]At the recent London showcase, the main producer David Rutter, told to his guests that FIFA 13 will have 5 major improvements and we will list them below:

[B]First Touch Control[/B]
    One of the first things to do at FIFA 13 was to implement a more realistic ball control. Now it will be more difficult to control a receiving ball with your player. It all depends on the strength, the speed, the ball height and the technical skills of your player to achieve the control of the ball and run with it.

[B]Player Impact[/B]
    Another feature that got improved is the player impact engine. There will be no more unrealistic animations in the players challenges! The engine has been optimized and new a set of impact values ​​has been added at the hip and the upper body area.

[B]Complete Dribble[/B]
    In FIFA 12 you could dribble just by changing direction, in FIFA 13 this won’t be possible anymore!

[B]Tactical Free-Kicks[/B]
    The free-kicks got a new free kick system. Up to three players can now gather around the ball and make fun of the opponent’s defense and goalie. You can now feint a direct shot and adjust it to a player who comes off the wall. Also the defense set pieces have been improved to go with the new free kick system.For example, you can make a defensive team with more players into the wall and send out a player to block the ball.

[B]Attacking AI[/B]
    The offensive Artificial Intelligence got a huge improvement. The CPU-controlled players got better running routes and better guessing options of where you pass the ball. Also the strikers are smarter and move with the offside line of your defenders, waiting to receive the ball and run with it towards your goal post.

Beside all of these improvements, David Rutter still wants to make other upgrades to the game such as new passing types, new shot rotation moves and new goalkeeper animations. Also the cheering animations have been adjusted to the current football atmosphere. One last thing he really wants to improve is the referee!

The graphics in FIFA 13 will also have a big update after EA Sports adopted the new Dimensional Imaging software to boost player likeness! Full article here[/QUOTE]

Pics

[img]http://i.imgur.com/eGSXS.jpg
    [/img]
    Edited by Shane86 at 20:33:08 07-05-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 20:33:30 07-05-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 20:34:03 07-05-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 20:36:40 07-05-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 20:37:20 07-05-2012
  • Deleted user 7 May 2012 20:38:11
    Edited by Shane86 at 18:36:40 07-05-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 12:36:40 04-05-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 13:36:40 02-03-2012

Edited by Shane86 at 08:36:40 13-08-2008
  • Shane86 7 May 2012 20:46:02 280 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There were A LOT of typos in the text I quoted!
  • Zizoo 7 May 2012 20:50:12 8,282 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Thanks for the info Shane.

I hope there's a decent Vita version.
  • Mr_Sleep 7 May 2012 21:09:15 16,935 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    If this is all true then I can't help but think this series may have gone a bit too far down the realism route.

You are a factory of sadness.

• puddleduck 7 May 2012 21:14:04 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It all sounds good to me. I particularly like the idea that first touch could make a difference so that players who are rapid with no ability aren't able to just skin their man with ease.
  • thenastypasty 7 May 2012 21:15:17 5,180 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    If this is all true then I can't help but think this series may have gone a bit too far down the realism route.
    Couldn't agree more, they seem to be sucking the fun out of it.
  • Fydria 7 May 2012 21:18:31 561 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    A more in-depth career mode would be nice, can't see it ever happening though as they'll be more interested in making UT a main attraction for extra £££. I dream of them combining some of the detail from FIFA Manager into a FIFA game career mode, would be drool!
  • Mr_Sleep 7 May 2012 21:36:35 16,935 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    puddleduck wrote:
    It all sounds good to me. I particularly like the idea that first touch could make a difference so that players who are rapid with no ability aren't able to just skin their man with ease.
    This is true, I suspect that will aid online play quite a lot but as someone who tends to play it versus the AI quite a lot of the time I can only hope that the AI is not impervious to the control problem.

You are a factory of sadness.

• puddleduck 7 May 2012 21:57:19 1,853 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I never really understand the idea that the more realistic it gets the worse the game gets. Surely the closer to football it gets the more variation the game will bring and offer?

I felt on the most recent one for example it went too far in the direction of passing/dribbling and as such completely ruined the lower leagues. In FIFA 11 it felt a lot more like playing a league 2 game when you did a lower league career because it was far more physical. In the current FIFA on legendary all the league 2 teams just dribble from side to side playing nothing passes looking for an opening, when in reality 90% of them would just lump a ball into the box and hope :p
  • Lyserberg 24 Jun 2012 16:48:37 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    That's so cool, it needs an up

Come on FIFA fans animate this thread ;)

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• RyanDS 24 Jun 2012 16:56:35 9,255 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    That's my problem. They lost me about 3 years back by making the game too complicated.

i want button to pass, button to shoot and through ball button. All this tactical defending etc can piss off.
  • Lyserberg 24 Jun 2012 17:01:27 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    ryandsimmons wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    That's my problem. They lost me about 3 years back by making the game too complicated.

i want button to pass, button to shoot and through ball button. All this tactical defending etc can piss off.
    You have the option to buy PES and then patch it balls to the walls with every single patch avaible outhere to make it very license rich.

FIFA is realism, it's not throw the ball and then do a magical shot 35M away from the goal and bam a goal! :lol:

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• kentmonkey 24 Jun 2012 17:03:39 20,586 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    As somebody that has played football, I can assure you FIFA is not realism. At all. It's about as close to a simulation of real football as Farmville is to farming.

Edited by kentmonkey at 17:04:06 24-06-2012
  • graysonavich 24 Jun 2012 17:04:07 7,320 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    They've made 1 positive change in gameplay since the 08 revival; 360 movement.

Lap up all that fluff and chuck money at it if you like, but this series is years behind some of the 2ksports titles in America.
  • Lyserberg 24 Jun 2012 17:08:09 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    As somebody that has played football, I can assure you FIFA is not realism. At all. It's about as close to a simulation of real football as Farmville is to farming.
    Well i shoudln't say realism it's more like a simulation of real football, i mean they can make it even more realistic, but these guys have restrictions in terms of processing power (basically it won't go any much further if next-gen consoles aren't out yet) ;)

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• kentmonkey 24 Jun 2012 17:13:19 20,586 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think you could make it more realistic though, without adding to processing power or anything like that.

They go for glitzy stuff over realism. And a realistic take on football would be unbelievably dull (as, without being on the pitch yourself, it just would be), so I doubt it'll ever be done for good reason.

Pro Evo in some ways is closer to real football than FIFA, and vice-versa. FIFA is running the risk of making itself over-complicated though, without really adding much to the overall experience.

I'd personally rather they worked on the reaction time of my players to button presses I am making, and drastically improve team mate AI.
  • Lyserberg 24 Jun 2012 17:24:17 349 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    I think you could make it more realistic though, without adding to processing power or anything like that.

They go for glitzy stuff over realism. And a realistic take on football would be unbelievably dull (as, without being on the pitch yourself, it just would be), so I doubt it'll ever be done for good reason.

Pro Evo in some ways is closer to real football than FIFA, and vice-versa. FIFA is running the risk of making itself over-complicated though, without really adding much to the overall experience.

I'd personally rather they worked on the reaction time of my players to button presses I am making, and drastically improve team mate AI.
    We're exactly thinking the same way, totally agree.

Yeah the delay BTW the press on the bouton and the action on the screen bugs me a bit, it makes all the difference in delicat situations, especially in these famous 360 degrees thing, i mean if controls aren't that much responsive how can you even take advantage of that (that is not to say that FIFA is unfluid, it operates at 60FPS, its super fast but i feel it's more of a programmable thing than being a native processing delay)

Also they should include mandatory install on PS3 i played it with my friend it takes ages to load up even compared to the DVD operating 360 version, the PC version kicks butt with loading times not any longer than 10-15 serconds, that it with an old-school IDE drive (i feel SSD will be totally load-free).

Which brings me to my next point, which is optimisation, the game runs great (talking about FIFA 12) but what really annoys me is that on Windows 7 on certains configs, it starts to litterally "asks" for other windows programs (svchost.exe,service.exe and that sort of stuff) to cranck up their CPU usage which is on FIFA 12 running only from 50 to 80% on a low frequency Pentuim Dual Core, which makes the CPU running at 100% almost all the time.

I'm asking PPL all over the forums to get rid of this weird Windows activity while running FIFA but there was no help (baring in mind that i own the legal retail copy and i get the update whenever it arrives)

Edited by Lyserberg at 17:27:07 24-06-2012

La cerise sur le gāteau!

• ginge51 25 Jun 2012 12:51:04 26 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    rubbish football is realisium, if you do not like it go buy a 'fun' football game.
  • Zizoo 25 Jun 2012 12:52:50 8,282 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still no info on the Vita version?
  • THFourteen 25 Jun 2012 12:55:46 33,189 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ginge51 wrote:
    thenastypasty wrote:
    Mr_Sleep wrote:
    rubbish football is realisium, if you do not like it go buy a 'fun' football game.
    yeah agree with you here. Or don't play as Crystal Palace.

I like the sound of the new changes. One of the main gripes about FIFA is that the players lack individuality. I have a midfielder who has a rating of 75 and he's pretty much the same as other midfielders with a rating of 75. Theres no real need for me to buy another midfielder apart from if that one gets tired.

with the new changes it sounds like if you are playing as palace you'd see an immediate improvement by purchasing one or two real quality players.
  • King_Edward 25 Jun 2012 13:01:06 11,454 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I just want to be able to press a button and a thing happen within a reasonable timeframe. They haven't said anything about addressing the annual increase in input lag so colour sceptical.
  • danathjo 7 Aug 2012 22:41:27 7,341 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nice little Q&A regarding the career mode here
  • Deleted user 7 August 2012 23:20:47
    Worst. Football. Game. Ever.

/trolololololool
  • Tom_Servo 7 Aug 2012 23:46:16 17,547 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    danathjo wrote:
    Nice little Q&A regarding the career mode here
    I don't play online, so my FIFA time is spent between exhibition matches and manager mode. The changes there sound good, looking forward to it now.
  • Deleted user 8 August 2012 09:08:14
    Would be nice if I could just buy the online side, I'm not interested in all the other wank that comes with this.
  • Zizoo 8 Aug 2012 09:12:28 8,282 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I too only play offline...
  • roz123 8 Aug 2012 09:23:27 7,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    FIFA 12 fail video number 52

I hope its as buggy as the last one was as the game itself was boring
  • Deleted user 8 August 2012 09:26:58
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I too only play offline...
    That's not what I said.
  • Zizoo 8 Aug 2012 09:28:37 8,282 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sorry, I was referring to what Tom_Servo said.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last

Previous