DayZ Page 70

• Page

of 76 First / Last

• BillMurray 28 Dec 2012 15:46:58 7,739 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wasteland is great. Seems to be growing in popularity from when they were just a couple of servers not very long ago. Definitely relies a lot more on teamwork though but then there is the option of being part of the independent faction.
  • jonsaan 28 Dec 2012 17:34:24 25,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Picked this up today. Looks great!

FCUTA!

• urban 28 Dec 2012 17:41:32 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Taviana is brilliant, it's stocked full of goodies, within half an hour of being in game I had found a helicopter with half fuel, proceeded to pick up some people then have a heli battle with some bandits. Good times, recorded the whole thing too.
  • bodhi85uk 28 Dec 2012 22:47:34 179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @urban He has to play for hours to get all the footage he needs for a 30minute episode, so of course it will look like he's come across a lot of weapons, cars etc in that time. Use your head, man.

The whole hacking accusation is daft, and the evidence is non existent. The only server admin who ever said he had "logs" has unsurprisingly refused to release them to put an end to it.

So what if his temperature gauge or combat indicator blinks a lot, so does mine, its a buggy game. Is it not possible that he's just really good at the game? He's equally excellent at BF3, or MoH, just go watch the videos. The whole thing stinks of jealous YouTuber's (who don't have as large, and as loyal a user base) trying to defame him.

As much as I like them, it wouldn't surprise me if Sacriel, Oshi, Frohpe etc were the one's who started all this hacking stuff after they spent many an evening trying to figure out why their videos weren't as popular. You don't see any of them on each others recommended channels section. Save for Sacriel's group all following each other, and Jackfrags promoting/appearing on both. Seems's kinda strange to me. The two biggest DayZ YouTuber's, no obvious problem between the two, but no acknowledgement of the other's existence either.

Anyway, rant over. I'm still liking DayZ (play on the zombies.nu servers) but find myself playing Wasteland more. Its improved my aiming no end with all the military hardware laying about, and my navigation skills too, seeing as you can get a car within a minute and regularly drive about the whole map looking for bases.

Edited by bodhi85uk at 22:49:38 28-12-2012

Edited by bodhi85uk at 22:51:32 28-12-2012
  • monkehhh 28 Dec 2012 22:59:55 3,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, I've played on some private servers where the drop rate and quality is tonnes better than 'stock'. Need to check out this Wasteland thing though..
  • urban 29 Dec 2012 01:13:31 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @bodhi85uk Other people think he's a hacker too? I was basing my opinion on watching a few videos. I don't actually give two hoots one way or the other. Jus' sayin.

Taviana has brought a whole new light to the game for me, funnnnn.
  • Errol 29 Dec 2012 01:22:28 12,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @OneLove.

Yes. He (FrankieonPc) seems to rate himself very highly. Apparently everyone else on the server is always inferior to him etc etc.

Comes across quite badly, imo.

Edited by Errol at 01:22:40 29-12-2012
  • jagg3r 29 Dec 2012 08:41:30 1,037 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Errol wrote:
    @OneLove.

Yes. He (FrankieonPc) seems to rate himself very highly. Apparently everyone else on the server is always inferior to him etc etc.

Comes across quite badly, imo.
    Watch some of his other bf3 or black ops vids and you will see why he rates himself so highly :) the mans a exceptional player.I never watched YouTube until I saw some frankieonpc dayZ vids and I've been hooked since, he just has a way of commentating and is entertaining to watch.
  • bodhi85uk 29 Dec 2012 12:08:14 179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Errol He's very, very good. Some of the shots he makes are truly world class. He's not the best though, he even says so himself in several of his video's how he's not as good at certain games, Counter-Strike being one that springs to mind.

I'm surprised you say he comes across badly. I think he comes across as a really nice guy (perhaps your misunderstanding the whole "Bambi" terminology he uses with new players - who he goes out of his way to help in every video) I'd go so far as to say often he's very humble. He's not at all patronising or pedantic. If you still think he is, go watch a few of Sacriel's videos, especially live his live streams.

Edited by bodhi85uk at 12:09:03 29-12-2012
  • superdelphinus 29 Dec 2012 13:03:32 8,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bet he's good at parties
  • Progguitarist 30 Dec 2012 01:03:30 10,439 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'd love to play this but it seems like as nightmare to get it working.
  • monkehhh 30 Dec 2012 01:16:21 3,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Progguitarist I'd go for installing Arma2 and Arma2 OA, patching, then doing the rest via DayZ Commander - it seems to handle all the nasty DayZ / beta patch / extra map downloads for you, and has a decent server browser.
  • Errol 30 Dec 2012 01:50:33 12,483 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    jagg3r wrote:
    Watch some of his other bf3 or black ops vids and you will see why he rates himself so highly :) the mans a exceptional player.I never watched YouTube until I saw some frankieonpc dayZ vids and I've been hooked since, he just has a way of commentating and is entertaining to watch.
    Not really. Seen plenty better. I've noted a lot of poor play in his BF3 videos - I frequently spot enemies/movement well before he does. He would die very often in the servers I play in.
  • bodhi85uk 30 Dec 2012 10:55:58 179 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Errol His popularity is as much to do with his video editing skills, commentary and dialogue (with the people he plays with and against), as it is to do with his outright skill as an FPS'er.

Perhaps we could have a look at our channel on YouTube? For comparison.
  • Tomo 30 Dec 2012 12:57:30 13,910 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    I'd love to play this but it seems like as nightmare to get it working.
    I found it a pain in the arse to get working tbh. And I'm fairly experienced with mods for various games. Took me about 2-3 hours of faffing to get it going.

That said, it really is a very special game. If you do get it, let me know and we can go zombie-running (like the old days! :D)
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2012 13:23:14 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    its a piece of piss to get going with Dayz commander, just install game and add on and use the update feature of commander.

MAKE SURE YOU RUN THE GAME AND THE ADD ON FIRST or you wont install vital files. You just have to start both to the main menu then you can quit.

Well def just been on a hacked server, gutted because I was finally inthe middle of the main city, minding my own grabbing some loot and about 200 zombified doctors appeared form nowhere and fuck me up in a quite horrific way.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• captbirdseye 30 Dec 2012 13:26:01 4,978 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm guessing they've not made any announcements about thevl retail release?
  • Tomo 30 Dec 2012 13:43:22 13,910 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I tried DayZ commander and the other one. DayZ Commander I found didn't work, but the other one did. I think I had a bad time compared to most people though.
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2012 14:22:29 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Coolish story finally,

couldnt find a weapon for love nor money, met a bloke who threatened to kill me, we went our seperate ways, he spotted me getting eaten so he came and axed the bastards down. Later on I was bleeding out and managed to scramble to a hut and find a bloodpacks, patched myself up I'd lost too much blood. He reappeared but didnt have any bandages, suddenly we were overwhemled by xombies so I attracted their attention and lets them eat me while he escaped.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 14:22:59 30-12-2012

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• superdelphinus 30 Dec 2012 14:30:27 8,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    And you were married happily ever after
  • INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2012 14:35:02 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    what he did with my battered,dead corpse, is his business

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• superdelphinus 30 Dec 2012 14:41:38 8,059 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Heh
  • urban 30 Dec 2012 14:55:34 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still use play with six launcher. Updates and locates everything for ya.
  • jonsaan 30 Dec 2012 15:15:00 25,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Spawning miles from anywhere is the most annoying thing for me.

FCUTA!

• INSOMANiAC 30 Dec 2012 15:55:28 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    theres some prick who seems to be in every fucking server I go in, chatting to a load of cockeny children and teleporting people to the middle of nowhere, these children and their new toys have totally ruined the game

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• urban 30 Dec 2012 15:56:00 10,945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @jonsaan when you first spawn into the world you should get some text in the bottom right hand corner which tells you the nearest town or city. Use that to consult dayzDB to check your location and general best place to head.
  • monkehhh 30 Dec 2012 16:01:09 3,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Tried signing up for a whitelist server?

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/forum/64-private-hive-discussion/
    - UK#10 seems popular
  • jonsaan 30 Dec 2012 20:05:32 25,352 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @urban cheers. I'll give it a shot.

FCUTA!

• INSOMANiAC 31 Dec 2012 17:27:30 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @monkehhh

Cheers havent tried those yet, but really into the game at the moment, did at least six hours yesterday and a couple today, kept getting shot on sight by pricks, this current playthrough has lasted a long time now, keeping myself alive foraging for food etc, not come across a single human yet, just walked from Elektro to the airbase to find something to do but theres noone about.

I;ll tell you this, next time I spot someone im shooting them before they go for me the fuckers, its all very lord of the flies.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• monkehhh 31 Dec 2012 17:42:21 3,315 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Yeah, once it gets its hooks in to you..

Think I'm gonna get back in to it in a big way in a couple of days, when I've finished stupid uni work. Spent my days writing assignments and my evenings watching all of Frankie and Jack's videos :)
  • Page

of 76 First / Last