of 42 First / Last

• Benno 21 Nov 2012 08:12:28 9,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The domination point B on that shipping container map is a right bitch
  • 1Dgaf 21 Nov 2012 08:23:54 3,775 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To many people get fixated on holding the middle flag on any map. If it looks hard to take, avoid it. Take their home flag instead.

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• Br0ken_Engli5h 21 Nov 2012 09:31:12 1,170 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think point B is really key in games of domination. Your team isn't as split over the length of the map and by guarding B and it's flanks your team is defending the other point by proxy. The only way around for the other team is by skirting the edges of the map. Of course this works less on the more square maps.
    The problem with defending two opposite points is that any players taken down at one point are more likely to spawn with their team mates at the opposite side, where there is less action. That means that it's almost impossible to die, spawn in, then rush up to reinforce a point that's being contested.
  • 1Dgaf 21 Nov 2012 15:40:44 3,775 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Br0ken_Engli5h wrote:
    I think point B is really key in games of domination.
    I agree. But you've got to look at ways to make it easier to take if you lose it. If it's hard to take, send a couple of people to flank and take the far flag.

They don't have to hold it for long, just enough to make bad guys in the middle to panic and pull back , allowing your guys to take B with fewer problems.

It's hard in BLOPS2, but it's possible.

Edited by 1Dgaf at 15:44:43 21-11-2012

www.hatchetjob.com - more than games. "Seemingly trivial, surprisingly deep"

• motti82 22 Nov 2012 08:10:19 2,810 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sorry 1dgaf I've not been ignoring your invites, just trying to battle through the single player story before going to bed.
  • LeoliansBro 22 Nov 2012 08:39:15 41,863 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's a typo in the BLOPS Vita ad on the site.

'Pick of enemies with dual analogue thumbsticks'. Think you mean 'off' fella.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Deleted user 22 November 2012 09:02:19
    Machine Guns seem like a more viable option than in previous COD's. They seem more accurate and dont slow you down as much.

Had quite a lot of sucess teaming one with 'Full Metal Jacket'. When people try and hide behind cover I can often shoot straight through it...hehe.

Really enjoying it overall - played 10 hours just of team deathmatch. There is so much other content I feel like I have barely touched the surface.

Knife attacks are a bit crazy but I seem to remember the first Blops was like that to and it was soon nerfed in a patch.
  • aeschylus 22 Nov 2012 10:59:23 446 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    After playing it for a week I can honestly say this to me is the only call of duty where I have purchased the season pass (and I am tight)

However it is not without issues, and some may say "cry baby" but it is not about that, all I ever want is fairness, I am just an average player not a great player, I can finish at the bottom or at the top, but mostly plum in the middle, so I feel as a "typical" player there will be others like me.

The issues are

Sniping, if they dont do something the game will just become a snipe contest, and I dont mind snipers but they are not skilled snipers they mostly just quick scope whislt hoping like a bunny rabbit.

also they need to fix where people can crouch behind a windowsill or object and not be visible but still kill you, that is not fair...

The issues with lag and it's fairness or non fairness will probably always be there whilst they insist on a p2p style.

Kniveing is a joke and if I join a game where you have one or two idiots just running around knifeing people I usually just quit as there is no fun there.

Teamwork is mostly non existent but until they do away with K/D ratios there will always be a problem, I dont know the fix
  • aeschylus 22 Nov 2012 11:11:20 446 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I forgot spawning on the Nuketown map, it is terribly broken, just played a game and had 6 deaths where I spawned and 3 secs later I get a bullet in the back
  • Benno 22 Nov 2012 11:16:06 9,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ghostwhistler, just stop playing it and find something else to do
  • Humperfunk 22 Nov 2012 11:16:54 1,606 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    the online for this game is the worst i've ever seen in an fps. It trumps mw3. The gameplay is utterly broken and the worst part is that all these stupid practices are supported and rewarded by a development team staffed by cunts. Simple as that: cunts. Happy to take payment for something that's a broken mess and can't even gather the decency to publicly address or even acknowledge these issues. I hold out little hope of this getting fixed which is unfortunate because if they had put as much effort into programming a decent game as they had in talking about how great it will be the game would live up to that hype.

For shame that, once again, the gaming community of journalists ignore all of this. If you're going to review a multiplayer game like this, then you should acttually PAY full price for your copy and play it under proper conditions. Not just a two minute office LAN party. Anything else is just bullshit.

Fuck Vonderhaar, fuck his stupid fat money grubbing face. The guy is a cunt. I don't have loads of money and it takes the utter fucking piss that people can be fleeced like this.
    Passion.

PSN & NNID: Wedjwants

• L_Franko Moderator 22 Nov 2012 11:32:11 9,686 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I might be reading into it a bit too much but I think ghostwhistler has a problem with Black Ops 2, ya know.
  • aeschylus 22 Nov 2012 11:37:02 446 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I find the people who get the most upset are those who are besotted by stats..

Play the game for fun
  • Deleted user 22 November 2012 11:40:08
    I cant say I find the online any different to any other Call of Duty game. I prefer the pace of this one though - MW3 was a bit manic.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 22 Nov 2012 11:40:55 8,284 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    the online for this game is the worst i've ever seen in an fps. It trumps mw3. The gameplay is utterly broken and the worst part is that all these stupid practices are supported and rewarded by a development team staffed by cunts. Simple as that: cunts. Happy to take payment for something that's a broken mess and can't even gather the decency to publicly address or even acknowledge these issues. I hold out little hope of this getting fixed which is unfortunate because if they had put as much effort into programming a decent game as they had in talking about how great it will be the game would live up to that hype.

For shame that, once again, the gaming community of journalists ignore all of this. If you're going to review a multiplayer game like this, then you should acttually PAY full price for your copy and play it under proper conditions. Not just a two minute office LAN party. Anything else is just bullshit.

Fuck Vonderhaar, fuck his stupid fat money grubbing face. The guy is a cunt. I don't have loads of money and it takes the utter fucking piss that people can be fleeced like this.
    Can you please reign in the venom. Stop playing the game and do everyone here a favour.
    The guys at Treyarch are super busy and to be honest if I worked there (I don't; but I know people who do) and read your comments I wouldn't bother replying to some foul mouthed child.

Edited by Scurrminator at 11:42:11 22-11-2012

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Deleted user 22 November 2012 11:50:35
    It isn't though, the online is completely fine. Just stop rage spazzing because you are shit at the game.
  • ElNino9 22 Nov 2012 12:02:54 13,140 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wowsers.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Zizoo 22 Nov 2012 12:04:02 7,704 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    K/D ratio BRAH!
  • Scurrminator Moderator 22 Nov 2012 12:07:58 8,284 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ghostwhistler wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:Can you please reign in the venom. Stop playing the game and do everyone here a favour.
    The guys at Treyarch are super busy and to be honest if I worked there (I don't; but I know people who do) and read your comments I wouldn't bother replying to some foul mouthed child.
    Please don't make excuses for these lazy cunts. It's perfectly obvious that what they are doing is anything other than their jobs.

If you know the people there (and you don't, that's obvious), why not find out why they have made not a single effort to respond to the community's problems.

Or are they just a bit too precious for that.

So spare me the sanctimonious bollocks and tell your 'friends' to get their collective thumbs out their arses and do their fucking job.
    Contrary to what you may believe fixing the issues is more than flipping a switch. It takes time, testing and certification to get these things through. And even then the issues may not be their end.
    Their personal facebook and twitter pages are not there to answer the queries of cretins such as yourself.
    And no, I don't know everyone there, but I know some being as we work for the same parent company.
    Once again I'll ask you to reign in the temper. I believe that's the third time.

Edited by Scurrminator at 12:08:18 22-11-2012

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Physically_Insane 22 Nov 2012 12:10:22 7,856 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @ghostwhistler

Whhhhhhhhhhhhyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy? If you think it's broken shut the fuck up and play something else. I actually hope you don't play something else and get so pissed off you die of being pissed off. Then your family members will reminisce of how you "would always be playing that CoD title before he passed, he must of loved that game". And there would be nothing you could do about. Everybody would think you fucking loved that game, but the truth, THE TRUTH, was that you absolutely hated it.

Have you tried one in the chamber?
  • ElNino9 22 Nov 2012 12:10:42 13,140 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Scurrminator is like the Latvian police; stern. Stern but fair.

Hated, adored, never ignored.

• Page

of 42 First / Last