Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • dominalien 10 Jul 2013 15:39:41 7,953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Mine downloaded of its own accord, while I was asleep... does this mean it'll have just gone and grabbed the lot? 2D AND 3D?
    They're both added to your download list, so most probably.
  • MrSensible 10 Jul 2013 17:41:34 26,376 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    thefilthandthefury wrote:
    Mine downloaded of its own accord, while I was asleep... does this mean it'll have just gone and grabbed the lot? 2D AND 3D?
    They're both added to your download list, so most probably.
    Ah right, ok... I actually prefer that - can just find the 3D ones and delete those!
  • CharlieStCloud 10 Jul 2013 17:55:32 5,820 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    At almost 13GB, it saves a hefty amount of memory if you choose to delete the 3D movies file!

... my download started at twenty past one this afternoon and it is STILL going.

*frowns*
  • greg_wha 4 Jun 2014 14:37:08 402 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Apparently UC3 is free on PSN at the moment according to Kotaku.
  • Widge Moderator 4 Jun 2014 14:41:36 13,846 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not requiring a PSN+ account either. Standard one will do.
  • dominalien 4 Jun 2014 15:43:00 7,953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In the US.
  • DUFFMAN5 23 Apr 2016 15:34:46 19,542 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    In readyment for UC4...

After owning UC3 several times! including the fiasco of when it was free on PS+ I finally decided to continue my playthrough from chapter 3 where I left it over a year ago.
    I'm now 10/22 and really enjoying it the enemies are massive bullet sponges but we all know that anyway.

It is still a good looking game, 5 years on and the script/banter between the cast is great. That was also a strong point in the previous games and I'm sure will be in 4.

I also dipped my toe in TDM and some other mp stuff. Loads of options as you would expect from ND also seems very much alive with player counts.

I do not even know if 4 is a continuation in the story line but I will be happy to have played and completed 3 just in time to start 4.
  • Derblington 23 Apr 2016 15:58:44 25,519 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    None of the games are story related, each is self contained. The narrative arc continuation is done through the "lives" and relationships of the characters, who often reference past adventures/events/relationships. That's actually one of the best things about 3.

Edited by Derblington at 15:59:10 23-04-2016
  • blackwid0w 25 Apr 2016 08:49:59 61 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    Played and completed this back when it first launched. Sold it. Now I own it again and giving it another bash, it seems better than I remember it.
  • kadooosh 25 Apr 2016 10:12:41 2,424 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not played 3 before, was ill over the weekend so yesterday I smashed out about 5/6 hours worth yesterday. Great game, close to the end already me thinks. The writing, jokes, relationship between characters is awesome in the UC games. Can't wait for 4!
  • blackwid0w 25 Apr 2016 12:39:26 61 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 4 months ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    Not played 3 before, was ill over the weekend so yesterday I smashed out about 5/6 hours worth yesterday. Great game, close to the end already me thinks. The writing, jokes, relationship between characters is awesome in the UC games. Can't wait for 4!
    Have 4 on pre order. Can't wait!
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Apr 2016 12:54:09 19,542 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    kadooosh wrote:
    What chapter are you on, there are 22. I'm on 12 and yes it is great. I started QB today :)
  • DUFFMAN5 8 May 2016 20:18:57 19,542 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    On the last chapter now and I have to say from around chapter 15 on it has been a bit of a bore fest and the fucking shooting after shooting after fucking shooting. Surely there is more than in the first and second game.

What makes it worse is the god awful hit detection. I have dropped skill to easy just to get through the game and you still have enemies taking loads to drop.

I HATED the ship section but loved the Horse/desert section. Happy to get it completed.

I will be starting 4 as soon as it unlocks on psn I just hope for a bit more adventuring and better gunplay. As is stands 2 is still the best by a good margin.
  • DUFFMAN5 9 May 2016 06:41:53 19,542 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mothercruncher wrote:
    I know, I'm late to the party, but picked this up in the HMV scalper sale and, boy, I'm disappointed.
    It's like they amplified all of the infuriating bits of the previous two games to make a third that is, amazing graphics aside, the poorest of the three. Why don't Naughty Dog cut to the chase and just make a sodding film?
    Very regular moments when control is taken from me, endless hand holding, QTE's like its the mid 90's, even more ludicrous jumps, utterly predictable set pieces (what, I just picked something up/unlocked something and my moment of triumph is going to be spoiled by a load of goons walking in and taking it from me? Oh, that pipe I'm climbing is loose? Floor about to fall in? Enemies waiting for me at the end of that long corridor? Ugh). When you get to the end of the long Indiana Jones lite "event" you have to sit through, the gunplay is even worse than Uncharted 1 and 2. Most offensive of all, there is absolutely zero sense of jeapardy- the kid's escape on the rooftops where I just endlessly died and re-started, sometimes seconds apart, was laughable.
    It's a game where the motion capture, the sound, the graphics and the story have all been assigned more importance than the moment to moment gameplay. It's a perfect example of where most big budget games have gone wrong this generation.
    I platinum'd 1 easily and loved every moment, struggled more to platinum 2 but just about made it. This though, I'm giving it a few more hours, but I think I'd rather do the ironing :(
    Replying to a 3 year old post here but MC has typed everything I felt about the game. Completed last night and I think I loathed the last few chapters overall. I completed as I'm a stubborn twat and simply have to complete any (well 90%) of any game I start.

Did we get the plethora of options (mirrored,b&w etc) to take into the campaign for a second playthrough, like in the others ? I could not see the prompt.

...on that bombshell Uncharted4 is downloading to my ps4 as I type!
  • X201 9 May 2016 09:03:43 17,357 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Did we get the plethora of options (mirrored,b&w etc) to take into the campaign for a second playthrough, like in the others ? I could not see the prompt.

We got colour filters
    Mirror mode was absent and a massive mistake to leave it out - which I suspect was caused by them going to filmic with the whole thing and the tightness of the schedule, there were glitches and errors in 3 on release.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.