Mobile Site 3DS Page 2

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next
  • DFawkes 26 Mar 2012 20:24:04 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anything yet EG bods? Given how slow it is to load and reload, I'm by re-trying every day to see, so when you fix it give us a shout. Cheers :)

Edited by DFawkes at 20:25:38 26-03-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• DFawkes 27 Mar 2012 11:32:04 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I keep bumping this at night or on the weekend which is inadvisable given I doubt the lovely tech guys work at those times :)

So here it is, middle of the day on a weekday, nice and easy to see.

• DFawkes 27 Mar 2012 13:53:20 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Think I'm just going to drop this? Well I'm not until I get told that it's not going to happen! Maybe fixing this bug (and it IS a bug) would cause problems elsewhere. I could accept that, and I'll move on :) Maybe it's on the agenda, in which case I'll shut up (for now). But for all I know no-one even realises there is a problem, so I'll keep posting. Until death!

• mal 27 Mar 2012 14:00:35 22,473 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I did post in the main feedback thread that it was titsup on 3DS and PS3, but I've not seen a bite there.

I've still a bit of investigation I can be doing, but so far I've been busy with other stuff or just lazy. The behaviour can be reproduced in Firefox using the PS3 user agent string, so it's easier there to watch what differs between the PS3 string and any of the other strings that work.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DFawkes 29 Mar 2012 12:25:24 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You really shouldn't have to do any investigating though, but it's very nice of you to do so :)

So any word on this yet from any kind of official source? I'm not dropping it.

• Nazo 29 Mar 2012 19:09:48 351 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My little script for the mobile comment threads has really made a difference to site usability for me (it's the little things...) but unfortunately I couldn't try something similar for the PS3 browser to try to keep it in HD mode as it won't allow long enough bookmarks.
    I'd assume the 3DS browser will be similar but if you want to give it a try, check how many characters it will let you type in.
  • DFawkes 29 Mar 2012 23:24:44 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How many would it have to be? I tested up to 450 and that bookmarked fine, but I mostly got bored. If you need me to test to a specific higher target, let me know and I'll do it :)

I assumed it'd be similar to the comments one so tested up to around double that number of characters in that script.

• DFawkes 30 Mar 2012 00:54:11 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's fixed! It's fixed and no-one is taking credit. No responses, just fixed stealthily like coding ninjas. Or maybe it's coincedence.

Assuming it was indeed fixed on purpose, thanks EG! You are entitled to some sexy time with me. Not really much of a prize, to be honest, but the offer is there. Thanks again, and also thanks to Nazo for his offer to make a fix bookmark thing, as well as mal for doing science :)

• mal 30 Mar 2012 01:16:47 22,473 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QC-SCIENCEVERB&Category_Code=QC

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• DFawkes 30 Mar 2012 02:00:53 22,831 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was split between "doing science" or "fixing Internets". I stand by my choice.

• Nazo 30 Mar 2012 08:00:07 351 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Cool! I didn't see that coming. They haven't fixed the mobile sites width problems yet though.

In case of future need it sounds like the 3DS has plenty of bookmark characters. The PS3 only let me put in around 20.
  • Raiko101 3 Apr 2012 19:15:13 6,223 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Finally! I'm able to browse the forum on my 3ds at a normal pace. Still have a laptop right next to me, but i've become too lazy to even move. :D

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Page

of 2 First / Last

Next