• Mark1412 23 Feb 2012 13:55:37 531 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Where the flying fuck is Rock Band?

• FuzzyDuck 23 Feb 2012 13:57:35 4,119 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    yegon wrote:
    Alpha 3 works, looks and controls brilliantly BUT! Unless I'm missing something, it glitches out when you try to save. Feels like you have to create a virtual memory card outside of the game ala the PS3, but of course that doesn't seem to be an option here.
    Oooh, i've been hovering over 'buy' on this, love my fighters. Does it have the PS1's adventure mode?

I'm happy enough with the Vita's controls for 2-D fighters - picked up Blazblue for it yesterday and it controls beautifully.
  • Deleted user 23 February 2012 14:01:18
    @FuzzyDuck As far as I know it does. I played this in galway and it had the old world tour where you had to use certain combos and beat certain enemies within a time limit. If its a tenner I'd say go for it. It will look rather nice on the OLED screen. Should not have a problem with the memory card as I've saved 2 PSP games onto the new memory card without fuss.

I'd say it controls beautifully with the analogue sticks.

Where'd you get Blazblue from?

Edited by WeakOrbit at 14:01:39 23-02-2012
  • Ignatius_Cheese Moderator 23 Feb 2012 15:44:53 10,856 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmmmmmmm had trouble transferring some PSP games across from my PS3...

I have Burnout Dominator, FF Tactics, the MGS Digi Comic and MotorStorm: Arctic Edge sitting in their bubbles on my XMB but only FF Tactics would transfer.

The same with MJ Dancing Extravaganza. This had an issue with content licences. Then again, it was the demo/free game so no skin off my nose.

Can anyone help with the PSP titles though? Had any issues transferring across games?
  • Deleted user 23 February 2012 19:39:35
    @Ignatius_Cheese I found issues if I was transferring more than one PSP game over at a time but here is a list of compatible games so far
  • HyperShadow 23 Feb 2012 20:11:31 339 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'd like to throw The 3rd Birthday into the ring, it's an excellent little game. Although, having not played any of the Parasite Eve games, my views are not affected by that baggage.

Xbox Live: Heinrad DX
    PSN: Heinrad

• yegon 23 Feb 2012 21:41:15 5,262 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    (Alpha 3) Should not have a problem with the memory card as I've saved 2 PSP games onto the new memory card without fuss.

I've saved successfully with several other PSP games too, but Alpha 3 doesn't want to play nice it seems. When it boots the only way to proceed is to click "yes" to "continue without memory card?". When you select memory card options in the menu, it flickers as it tries to find a memory card and a hard reset is required.

I know you don't create virtual memory cards yourself (thankfully) or any of that nonsense, all I meant was Alpha 3 is acting like PS2 games on a PS3 did if you hadn't already created a memory card.

Deffo a problem specific to the game, I've zero other problems with other PSP games or the memory card in general either.

Edited by yegon at 21:53:36 23-02-2012
  • ilmaestro 23 Feb 2012 22:51:06 32,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    Sony seem to have removed some of the older PSP games, such as the first two Patapon games, which is quite annoying.
    You might have seen this now, but all three Patapon games are in the store.

Boab wrote:
    ilmaestro wrote:
    It was fairly non-standard to provide PSN versions of the games when Crisis Core came out, surely? I feel pretty confident that it was Squeni's decision (and what they do with their other games has little to no bearing on what they do with FF), but since they did put Type-0 up for download (in Japan, where you also can't get Crisis Core on PSN) I can't imagine it was one they would make again given the chance.
    I'm not talking about going back in time or doing a remake.
    I... did I mention doing that? My point was more along the lines of "are there any games that didn't already have a PSN store version that have been added since the Vita came out" ie. do we know it is non-trivial and totally just a case of "dumping an ISO"?

I think it's a no-brainer, and I'm pretty sure Square and Sony would be aware of that, too, so it makes more sense to me to assume that there is a reason - selling and reselling ports of FF games has been staple business for quite some years now.

Edited by ilmaestro at 22:52:37 23-02-2012

• FladgeMangle 24 Feb 2012 15:50:14 42 posts
    Seen 37 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Downloaded it, tested it. It works... beautifully!

Right stick can be mapped to camera control, up-scaled textures can be filtered. Loading times appear to be shorter too. You can also get your save file from a PS3 (assuming you've uploaded it from your PSP). It also works multiplayer with other PSPs, although I've not tested it on Ad-Hoc party yet.

Overall. a big bag of WIN for this particular game.
  • FuzzyDuck 24 Feb 2012 18:35:56 4,119 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FladgeMangle wrote:
    Monster Hunter Freedom Unite.

Downloaded it, tested it. It works... beautifully!

Right stick can be mapped to camera control, up-scaled textures can be filtered. Loading times appear to be shorter too. You can also get your save file from a PS3 (assuming you've uploaded it from your PSP). It also works multiplayer with other PSPs, although I've not tested it on Ad-Hoc party yet.

Overall. a big bag of WIN for this particular game.
    Is this a multiplayer-centric game, or a lonesome Joe kind of thing?
  • Gambit1977 24 Feb 2012 19:11:09 9,636 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Gah! Have only bought 2 games online for the PSP ever. Pixel junk Monsters and Killzone Liberation. Neither work...yet :-(
  • Deleted user 24 February 2012 19:24:11
    @yeagon I stand corrected good sir. Hmm thats a bit annoying. I do know that sony is updating more further down the road but bugs like this seem as though they will stick. Oh well.

Oh and Loco Roco is another recommendation too. :D
  • Deleted user 24 February 2012 19:24:11
    Post deleted
  • yegon 24 Feb 2012 20:23:41 5,262 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    WeakOrbit wrote:
    @yeagon I stand corrected good sir. Hmm thats a bit annoying. I do know that sony is updating more further down the road but bugs like this seem as though they will stick. Oh well.
    Yeah, it's a shame because otherwise it's awesome on the Vita.

Motorstorm (the old one) works fine. Sure I read that it didn't work somewhere, but it does.
  • Kangoo 24 Feb 2012 20:29:26 1,016 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Has anyone tried Powerstone as it is stated as PSP only, seems a bargain at 7.99?

PSN: Adwab2

• FuzzyDuck 24 Feb 2012 20:34:24 4,119 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Kangoo wrote:
    Has anyone tried Powerstone as it is stated as PSP only, seems a bargain at 7.99?
    Seriously tempted by this! (if it works)
  • SomaticSense 24 Feb 2012 20:44:43 8,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There's not enough Disgaea in this thread to be perfectly frank people.

Afternoon of Darkness first got inserted into my PSP a couple of years ago now and has been removed only once, maybe twice, since for other games.

Best handheld game ever.
  • el_pollo_diablo 24 Feb 2012 21:16:03 2,083 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was there ever a Viewtiful Joe psp game?
  • steninja 24 Feb 2012 22:27:00 8 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    i just grabbed Half Minute Hero and GTA Chinatown Wars for 5 odd each.

Half min.. is right up my street. 8bit FF style retro gfx with a bit of gloss, quirky tongue in cheek, self deprecating humour and bite sized erratic gameplay. ideal for a portable. arcade mini game mechanics with rpg asthetics. deffo recommended.

gta i aint touched yet but its top down gta, what can go wrong?

PSN ID: FRENZIED_SALMON
    PS Vita Games: Uncharted, MotorStorm: RC, Frobisher Says

• chasejamie 24 Feb 2012 22:38:25 816 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Was there ever a Viewtiful Joe psp game?
    Yeah, Red Hot Rumble. Which I think was a smash bros type beat em up if I remember correctly. Never played it though.
  • THFourteen 25 Feb 2012 14:01:29 33,393 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre... Which should I get?

7.99 vs 15.99

I haven't played either. Ever!
  • santashi 25 Feb 2012 14:14:00 5,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    FF Tactics or Tactics Ogre... Which should I get?

7.99 vs 15.99

I haven't played either. Ever!
    I really loved FF Tactics personally (got addicted then took a longish break about halfway through, got addicted again later and finished it... story has some good twists and I found the combat quite satisfying), although I think Tactics Ogre is preferred by many.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• THFourteen 25 Feb 2012 14:47:10 33,393 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So what you are saying is... Get either!

Think I will go for ff, I can get ogre later if I think I get on with this sort of game...
  • santashi 25 Feb 2012 15:01:14 5,136 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    So what you are saying is... Get either!

Think I will go for ff, I can get ogre later if I think I get on with this sort of game...
    I like Tactics Ogre, but I haven't completed it yet so I don't feel like I can comment on it fully like I can with FF Tactics. :) If you're not completely sure if you'll like them then it probably is better to go with 8 rather than 16. I think Tactics is a great game, anyway, with sound effects that really get stuck in your head. Let me know what you think if you do get it!

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• THFourteen 25 Feb 2012 17:10:43 33,393 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bought!

Will let you know if I ever get round to playing it (still addicted to stupid Motorstorm)
  • spamdangled 25 Feb 2012 17:27:28 27,355 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    If you get on well with FF Tactics and/or Ogre, definitely consider giving Disgaea 2 a punt. Tonnes and tonnes of content.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Deleted user 25 February 2012 17:56:39
    Can you transfer PSP games from MediaGo?
  • ilmaestro 26 Feb 2012 04:09:04 32,419 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    FladgeMangle wrote:
    Ad-Hoc party yet.
    So does Ad-Hoc party work with the Vita?

• Deleted user 26 February 2012 09:16:02
    CrispyXUK wrote:

Can you transfer PSP games from MediaGo?
    I'd like to know too. Don't have a Vita yet but surfing through Media Go I can't see any Vita demos or games. I thought Media Go was like iTunes in that you could download content to your Pc without actually having the device?
    Edit: Sorry this was probably supposed to be in the PS Vita thread.

Edited by Cosmopolitan at 09:21:59 26-02-2012
  • wobbler147 26 Feb 2012 09:45:25 5,138 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Unfortunately not, you have to use PS3 or direct on the vita PSN store. I've tried using the content manager on PC but no dice :(
  • Page

of 25 First / Last