of 131 First / Last

• Flying_Pig 11 Dec 2013 12:19:12 10,682 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Velocity Ultra is the awesome.
  • santashi 11 Dec 2013 12:20:25 5,044 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    We got that on Plus, I think, didn't we? I need to get through the massive PS+ catalogue at some point.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• aros 11 Dec 2013 12:40:07 2,559 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    northernlights wrote:
    @aros why is it risky. ?
    There's been a lot of cases of payment problems, along with download and file problems for those who buy before the store is officially updated.
  • evild_edd 11 Dec 2013 14:25:59 3,010 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just checked some reviews for Velocity Ultra. Looks a though I'll be buying another Vita game then...

First play of Super Stardust Delta last night. It's no geometry wars, but impressed nevertheless!

Why look, it's a blog:
    http://www.edwardlaven.blogspot.co.uk

• TheSaint 11 Dec 2013 14:27:37 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hasn't been a great sale if you've had plus for a while.

Hopefully The Last Of Us will pop up at 15 and make everything right.
  • Chopsen 11 Dec 2013 17:24:21 15,709 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Terraria is up. Woo!
  • jonsaan 11 Dec 2013 19:04:50 25,326 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hmmmm...Terraria...

Is it any good?

Never heard of it.....

FCUTA!

• HiddenAway 11 Dec 2013 19:40:17 14,856 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• HiddenAway 11 Dec 2013 19:43:01 14,856 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh god, I just posted over last week's update XD

The penultimate update of the year is upon us and while we start to wind down operations in game land, the final few residents of Hotel "Not released yet" are checking out and checking into the Playstation Store.

First up is Doki Doki Universe, a cross-buy game (PS3/PS4/Vita) with a very distinctive art style and the ability to ride on a flying poo. That said, the one everyone has been asking for is Terraria, a sandbox adventure game which has been the talk of the Vita town since it's announcement.

Shockingly, both games have demos and the Terraria one is microscopic in size, allowing even the most space challenged Vita owners to have a quick go. On the PSP, there's an Ultimate Runner Game sale, which includes the PSP mini versions of The Impossible Game and One Epic Game. There's also a shedload of DLC for Doki Doki Universe but if you prefer to save a bit of money, you're probably better off getting the limited edition bundle which gives you all the DLC released here in one go.

Those more observant among you will notice that there's a Story Trailer for Oddworld: New 'n' Tasty and a wallpaper for Stick it to the Man. On PSM, Fuel Tiracas and Super Crate Box are now free assuming you didn't buy these 2 blockbusters at launch. On the sale side, you'll find Velocity Ultra for a measly 2.39 on the 12 Deals of Christmas Sale. If you didn't grab it on PS+, here's your chance to grab it!

Last update of 2013 next week. Which means Christmas is round the corner and hopefully more sales!

Next Week
    It's the Christmas special, featuring Commander Video, promoting his new game, "Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2" and a special performance from Eufloria!

11th December 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Doki Doki Universe - 5.99
    Doki Doki Universe: Limited Edition Bundle - 9.99
    Terraria - 11.99

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    Doki Doki Universe (D)
    Terraria (D)

****Full PSP Games****
    The Ultimate Runner Game Bundle - 1.59

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Doki Doki Universe - See Store for Details

Edited by HiddenAway at 19:44:30 11-12-2013

Edited by HiddenAway at 06:59:25 13-12-2013

• Moot_Point 11 Dec 2013 19:44:33 3,912 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I have Terraria, now where is Minecraft? Hmmm...

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• aros 12 Dec 2013 09:14:53 2,559 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Moot_Point wrote:
    I have Terraria, now where is Minecraft? Hmmm...
    I doubt Minecraft will hit before Q2 next year now. Indies always seem to be months behind schedule sadly, no matter how rich the companies are who make them.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Dec 2013 09:27:38 10,682 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Terraria is great. Stunned by the comments on the PS Blog claiming that the 11.99 price point shows that Sony/the developer have no 'respect' for Vita owners :/

Liking the look of Doki Doki, but just too much going on ATM
  • TheMayorOfJugs 12 Dec 2013 09:29:52 3,033 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    Terraria is great. Stunned by the comments on the PS Blog claiming that the 11.99 price point shows that Sony/the developer have no 'respect' for Vita owners :/

Liking the look of Doki Doki, but just too much going on ATM
    It's probably because the ps3 version was available for a fiver not so long ago. I bought that and it's put me off paying €15 (13.50 with plus) for the Vita version, even though I know I'd play it much more on my Vita.
  • TheSaint 12 Dec 2013 09:30:18 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's tough though isn't it. You can't help but compare it to the price of the Steam version which was 1.70 or something in the sale the other week.
  • aros 12 Dec 2013 11:38:10 2,559 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    How many hours will you play the Vita version though? I'm confident it's one of the best investments I've made in months.
  • TheSaint 12 Dec 2013 11:43:41 14,199 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not going to bother as I already have it on Android / PC. I'll get it when it inevitably pops up on PS Plus though.
  • Flying_Pig 12 Dec 2013 12:40:24 10,682 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    aros wrote:
    How many hours will you play the Vita version though? I'm confident it's one of the best investments I've made in months.
    This. I haven't bothered with either the PS3 or PC versions as I'll never have time to play them. The Vita one is perfect for me - already played for 2-3 hours :)
  • northernlights 12 Dec 2013 16:04:16 647 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had an 30 min go on Terreria demo. Controls when building the wooden ledges a little fiddly. Assume you have to get the other little guy out of the tunnel b4 the tutorial will continue
  • aros 13 Dec 2013 14:26:28 2,559 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Northern, there are two cursor options, the second one is best for fine control like ledge building, the one where a circle comes out from your character is only for filling in background walls and digging as far as I can tell.
  • northernlights 15 Dec 2013 12:27:13 647 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    12 days today is soul sacrifice id hold off as it's on ps plus on Xmas eve
  • Dave_McCoy 19 Dec 2013 12:38:17 2,770 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Today's deal is Pixel Junk Monsters. Another 48 hours to wait and see if Persona will be one of the deals.
  • The_Goon 19 Dec 2013 12:41:27 124 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    Got money waiting in my wallet. Give me something I want, dammit!
  • H1ggyLTD 19 Dec 2013 12:42:43 1,571 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Enjoying Monsters.
  • HiddenAway 19 Dec 2013 13:02:34 14,856 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hello everyone to the last PSN update of the year. Well, actually it was supposed to be yesterday but an addiction to levelling up my miner in a certain online game (NOT Spelunky :p) just took over and sadly I didn't get a chance to compile the HUGE list of games available.

We'll get right into it by starting with Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse. This game is split into 2 parts and while you can get the first part today, part 2 won't be released until sometime in 2014. If you want to save yourself a little money, you can grab the 2 part bundle now with the caveat that part 2 isn't out yet.

Also out this week is the "slightly" surprising release of Bit Trip Presents Runner 2. I say surprisingly because I half expected this to slip to 2014 but here it is. Commander Video is running through levels and making music while he goes. Eufloria HD is also out this week. The game was something of a curiosity on the PS3 so you may want to look at a few videos.

Also new out this week is Age of Zombies, a top-down zombie/mummy/ninja/cavemen shooter. Finally (from a new game point of view) is Backgammon Blitz. Err, You'll have to look up the rules for that as I've never played it. You'll also find a few extra trinkets and bundles, such as MotoGP 2013 Compact (I presume stripped down?), a bundle pack for A-Men 1 and 2, a Foosball 2012 bundle (comes with all DLC included as standard) and finally an Indie Hits Bundle (featuring Foosball 2012 and Atomic Ninjas).

Just one game on the PSP this week. Or should I say 9? Yes, it's a mega 9-in-1 mega pack (though 5 of them are in 1 pack) of PSP mini games from Grip Games. Worth a look if you haven't bought any of their games.

Those requiring FREE stuff can grab a demo of Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z. There's also a demo for Age of Zombies and Backgammon Blitz - so you can at least figure out how to play if you've not played the game before.

To finish off, there are some DC Comic characters and a Winter Seasonal Kit for LittleBigPlanet Vita (the latter may be time limited to grab it quick!). There's a new Zen Pinball 2 table released as well and finally you'll find a character pack for Runner 2, which includes everyone's favourite spelunker and Josef from Machinarium.

The 12 Days of Christmas promotion is coming to an end and for the next 48 hours, you can grab PixelJunk Monsters Ultimate for just under 4 (down from 10). You may have missed out on the Lone Survivor offer if you're using this thread for updates. It's rumoured that Persona 4 Golden might be one of the last 2 games but that could be just a cruel tease from the Playstation Blog.

Finally, I'd like to thank you all for keeping me company and I wish you all a Happy Christmas and New Year and I'll see you in 2014! (well, unless there's a Christmas sale next week)

Next Year
    I don't know about you but I hope January is quiet because the list of games I'm interested in through February and March is insane.

18th December 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse Episode 1 - 9.99
    Broken Sword: The Serpent's Curse Episode 1 and 2 bundle - 15.99*
    Bit.Trip Presents... Runner 2: Future Legend of Rhythm Alien - 5.49
    Eufloria HD - 7.99
    Age of Zombies - 3.99
    Backgammon Blitz - 4.99
    MotoGP 13 Compact - 7.99
    A-Men 1&2 Bundle Pack - 9.99
    The Ultimate Foosball 2012 Bundle (DLC included) - 2.39
    Indie Hits Bundle (Foosball 2012 and Atomic Ninjas) - 3.19

* Episode 2 launches in 2014

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (D)
    Age of Zombies (D)
    Backgammon Blitz (D)

****Full PSP Games****
    9-in-1 Mega Pack - 2.39

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    LBPV: DC Comics Costume Pack 1 - 4.79 (individually 1.59 each)
    LBPV: Winter Seasonal Creator Kit - FREE (may be time limited)
    Runner 2: Good Friends Character Pack - 1.59
    Zen Pinball 2: Doctor Strange Trial - FREE
    Zen Pinball 2: Doctor Strange - 2.39

• Flying_Pig 19 Dec 2013 14:10:14 10,682 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Blog will explode of P4G isn't one of the final 2 deals. And even when it does come, some people will complain that because it's more then it was reduced to in the US, that it's still too expensive ;)
  • Help_me 19 Dec 2013 14:53:22 939 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And a Happy Christmas to you too.
  • el_pollo_diablo 19 Dec 2013 15:43:10 2,064 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Thanks again HiddenAway, have a nice christmas.
  • kentmonkey 19 Dec 2013 18:03:15 20,424 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Happy Christmas HiddenAway
  • Progguitarist 19 Dec 2013 19:03:39 10,400 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Flying_Pig It's probably because it's 4.99 on Steam?
  • Ryze 19 Dec 2013 19:05:30 3,121 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is excellent stuff, HiddenAway.

Reminds me of the PSP group from years back.

Quick question, guys. I don't have a Vita yet, but I'm very close to impulse buying one depending on whether I drive on my next job role or catch a train.

Anyway - is VVVVVV out on the Vita at all? I'm about to Google, so don't jump on me for that...

Just watching a speedrun here, and it's reminded me of how much I'd play this game on the Vita over the PC version, and there's a nice, growing list of Vita games that I'd be interested in.

I wonder if anything's been said about the Vita Bioshock game, or if it's still in limbo? I reckon there'll be a PS4/X1 Bioshock Infinite port next, ala Tomb Raider.

Edited by Ryze at 19:07:00 19-12-2013
  • Page

of 131 First / Last