Official UK Playstation Vita Store Thread Page 46

• Page

of 139 First / Last

• jonsaan 23 Jan 2013 22:02:47 25,352 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Where is good for J imports, aside from yes asia?

FCUTA!

• Flying_Pig 23 Jan 2013 22:20:48 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Still no sign of Ratchet & Clank: Q-Force

:(
  • PazJohnMitch 23 Jan 2013 22:35:44 8,044 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought it was meant to be ass?
  • Flying_Pig 23 Jan 2013 22:38:57 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @PazJohnMitch - I'm not listening. La la la laaaaaa
  • santashi 23 Jan 2013 23:04:38 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @jonsaan AmiAmi and CD Japan. There's also PlayAsia.

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• HiddenAway 23 Jan 2013 23:06:54 14,887 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi I got charged import tax with PlayAsia when I bought a DVD of Persona Music Live - almost the price of another copy :(

On Twitter: @HiddenAway1

• dominalien 23 Jan 2013 23:08:41 6,854 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @HiddenAway

Of course you would. Import taxes are evil, especially on such small amounts on private imports.

PSN: DonOsito

• santashi 23 Jan 2013 23:14:21 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HiddenAway Ouch! Yeah, I don't use PlayAsia these days, although I know some people who still prefer them. Technically anything over, um, what is it now? £17? Can get charged, but some places are more likely than others. Customs is bad enough without the extra RM/Parcelforce charge which really brings the cost up. :/ What's the DVD like, by the way, if the memory isn't too painful?

I use AmiAmi primarily as it's usually the cheapest but CD Japan is also good and I think used to mark down. Points system on both.

• HiddenAway 23 Jan 2013 23:16:38 14,887 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @santashi The DVD wasn't that impressive TBH. Some decent songs but I haven't watched it since that day.

You could probably see most of it on YT anyway :p

• santashi 23 Jan 2013 23:22:37 5,136 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @HiddenAway Aw, I guess that's how it works these days. Unless it's someone trying to post a clip from a Channel 4 program.

• esrksr 24 Jan 2013 09:24:26 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hi,I'm new to the forums.I have a doubt regarding cross buy.My PS3 account which is linked to my vita account belongs to US region.Now i moved on to EU region.My question is if i buy an EU version copy of upcoming sly cooper 4,Can i use the cross-buy feature and redeem the game on my PS vita's US account?Is cross buy region restricted or is it region free?I heard that cross buy is under disc benefits,not as a voucher.I don't want to make another EU account on PS3 again to get the game :(
  • monkman76 24 Jan 2013 09:28:01 4,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The key to compatibility in the EU region is spaces after punctuation marks.

In all seriousness, I doubt cross buy will work across regions like that, sorry. Can't you keep both the PS3 and the Vita on the US region?
  • Zizoo 24 Jan 2013 09:36:08 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I have a silly question... does certain content on the store download slower than others?

I downloaded a couple of things of similar size Jet Set Radio, but when I try download JSR, it throws up some stupid amount of time remaining and is taking forever. I'm working with a 1mb connection, but I just expect similar speeds with all content.
  • Flying_Pig 24 Jan 2013 11:18:59 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @esrksr - Welcome. You've selected a decent thread for your first post. Us Vita users are generally a friendly bunch.

Anyway, while I can't vouch for Sly specifically, the cross buy works as a Disc Benefits thing, which links you to the PS Store. No codes in sight. However, as it will probably link you to the same region store as the game/your account, then you probably won't be able to redeem a European copy of Sly to your US account.

Can you not get hold of a US copy?
  • Flying_Pig 24 Jan 2013 11:20:16 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    I have a silly question... does certain content on the store download slower than others?

I downloaded a couple of things of similar size Jet Set Radio, but when I try download JSR, it throws up some stupid amount of time remaining and is taking forever. I'm working with a 1mb connection, but I just expect similar speeds with all content.
    I'd say that's extremely unlikely. Sometimes the store is unbelievably slow, though...
  • monkman76 24 Jan 2013 11:22:15 4,229 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Is it possible that JSR is downloading more slowly than other games because more people are downloading it (as it's just been made free)? Or does it not work that way?
  • Zizoo 24 Jan 2013 11:29:01 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's what I was thinking, but yeah, I did eventually think it didn't work like that.
  • esrksr 24 Jan 2013 11:36:25 2 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Flying_Pig Thank you.I have to import a US copy in this case or i need to buy it digitally on PSN.I wish to get my hands on a physical copy of the game but now i guess i've to go with the digital one.
  • HiddenAway 30 Jan 2013 20:45:52 14,887 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    *Sigh* Why do my trains always get delayed on Wednesdays? Anyway, thankfully, the PSN update this week wasn't delayed so let's crack on! Two Vita games out this week and at fairly decent prices.

First up, we have Let's Fish: Hooked On, which may not surprise you to know, is a fishing game. It's a fishing game with a difference though. The serious side of fishing makes way for anime styled characters ready for some wacky adventures. If you need any information, you may want to seek out trav on these forums as he works for the publisher :).

The other game is the chalky curiosity, Dokuro. The game sees a skeleton guard set eyes on a captured princess and decide that she deserves to be free. Thus begins a long journey through the Evil Lord's castle in a puzzling platform adventure.

I should point out that if you bought it early, you may have ended up with a trial by accident. If this happened to you, you'll need to contact customer services to get a refund. It's relatively safe to buy now though as my version has updated the trophies list :).

If freebies are more your thing, then you could grab the Sound Shapes demo if you haven't tried it already. There's a new version of the PSP mini version of Jetpack Joyride, which gives you 50,000 in-game coins to use and is ironically cheaper than the original version of the mini! You'll also find a couple of bits of Street Fighter x Tekken DLC and a Groundhog day costume for LBP.

So, that's your lot for this week. Hopefully you know that February's got a packed schedule of fun thanks to WipEout 2048 and Lumines: Electronic Symphony hitting PSN+ later in the month, Persona 4 Golden hitting a couple of days before Vita's first anniversary and a Vita sale (more next week).

Next Week
    Convert waking up for work into a game with trophies. Yes, the legendary Wake Up Club app hits Vita next week.

30th January 2013

****Full Vita Games****
    Let's Fish: Hooked On! - £14.99
    Dokuro - £11.99

****Vita Trials and Demos****
    Sound Shapes (D)

****PSP minis****
    Jetpack Joyride + 50k Coins - £1.59

****Vita DLC, Game Packs and Online/Network Passes****
    Street Fighter x Tekken: DLC - See Store for details

• H1ggyLTD 30 Jan 2013 23:05:59 1,711 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Never mind a Sound Shapes demo, get me some more albums ffs.
  • HiddenAway 1 Feb 2013 20:33:09 14,887 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Games you might not want to purchase for a few days:

Asphalt Injection
    Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
    Lumines: Electronic Symphony (especially if you're on PSN+ obviously)
    Michael Jackson: The Experience
    Rayman Origins
    Army Corps of Hell
    Touch My Katamari
    Ridge Racer: Ultimate Edition
    Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    F1 2011
    A-Men
    Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Street Fighter x Tekken

SCEE have shot themselves in the foot and put them on a page on the web store marked "PS Vita 1st Birthday Sale" ^_^ (they're not on sale yet)

• ibenam 1 Feb 2013 21:03:59 1,413 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Games you might not want to purchase for a few days:

Asphalt Injection
    Dungeon Hunter: Alliance
    Lumines: Electronic Symphony (especially if you're on PSN+ obviously)
    Michael Jackson: The Experience
    Rayman Origins
    Army Corps of Hell
    Touch My Katamari
    Ridge Racer: Ultimate Edition
    Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen
    Tales from Space: Mutant Blobs Attack
    F1 2011
    A-Men
    Blazblue: Continuum Shift Extend
    Street Fighter x Tekken

SCEE have shot themselves in the foot and put them on a page on the web store marked "PS Vita 1st Birthday Sale" ^_^ (they're not on sale yet)
    Slighlty depressing but none of that interests me.

Already got Raymans, Katamari and Mutant Blobs.

Streetfighter has been done to death and the rest look average.

I want Journey on my Vita!
  • jonsaan 1 Feb 2013 22:11:42 25,352 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Street fighter is fabulous.

FCUTA!

• ibenam 1 Feb 2013 22:52:10 1,413 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    Street fighter is fabulous.
    can you really pull of any moves with the vita?

surely streetfighter needs an arcade stick
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 23:04:54
    @ibenam

Its pretty intuitive plus for what its worth Steret x Tekken isnt actually that hardcore a brawler, so specials moves etc aren't so critical.

Its just good goofy fun and it looks pretty bloody good on the vita, despite an ever sop slight downscale of tey characters and backgrounds.

I own the 360 and vita versions and I've put more hours in on the vita.

the game is just so suited to the pick up and play nature of the vita
  • Flying_Pig 1 Feb 2013 23:08:13 10,978 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    HiddenAway wrote:
    Games you might not want to purchase for a few days
    F1 2011
    Yes!
  • Zizoo 1 Feb 2013 23:21:34 8,371 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Aww. I really expected to see Unit 13 in a sale like that.
  • Deleted user 1 February 2013 23:24:16
    Bah, knew there was a sale coming up but I'm genuinely not interested in any of those :-(
  • JayG 1 Feb 2013 23:30:36 842 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I was hoping for Dynasty Warriors. Some good games there though, surprised to see Street Fighter reduced so quickly.
  • el_pollo_diablo 2 Feb 2013 00:47:33 2,083 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Is that Ridge Racer going to pack in everything? Been put off thus far...
  • Page

of 139 First / Last