WipEout 2048 Page 4

  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

  • FuzzyDuck 1 Mar 2012 20:49:54 4,736 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Just don't do what I did and accidentally use it for a combat event - there weren't any boost pads on the track at all.
    I managed to do that in the single player alright!
  • infoxicated 1 Mar 2012 20:54:56 1,230 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The circuit Basilico in WipEout Pulse is distilled WipEout - one of my favourite tracks of the entire WipEout series. :)

    I'm finding most of the 2048 tracks a bit samey to be honest, but I think Subway is really rewarding to play. :)
  • Deleted user 1 March 2012 21:54:18
    See I find the early tracks are good, fun even, but not great but once you get to Sol and Altima it's just magnificent. Just did Altima in Zone mode and it was the most amazing "flow" I've experienced in a long time. If I still smoked I'd have been utterly blown away by it ;)

    And yeah, bringing the wrong ship for a given event = nightmare, easy to do online too. Did it last night with another prototype. The Auricom, which is an amazing combat ship, brought it to a race though. :redface:

    Would love to hear how the PSP version looks and plays on the Vita. I had them both, but the PSP hurt my hands so much I never gave them the time they deserved.
  • FuzzyDuck 1 Mar 2012 22:44:40 4,736 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've no point of reference for how it looks on the original PSP, but i'd imagine it benefits from the screen (the colours do look nice and vibrant). Didn't realise it ran at 60FPS! Just hopping on 2048 now, that'll be an unwelcome shift.

    IS there a track after Altima/Sol?
  • INSOMANiAC 2 Mar 2012 02:59:12 3,841 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just had a few hours on the online, good stuff. For some reason I seem to be winning all the time which is always a bonus.

    Shame you cant seem to invite friends to a race, unless I'm missing something

    Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

  • Ziz0u 2 Mar 2012 07:08:40 8,604 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What is up with the whole taking a photo before a race? I gave in out of shock and haven't received any hate mail, so not sure if my pic went through. I didn't get any from the other racers.
  • Deleted user 2 March 2012 09:46:50
    @INSOMANiAC friends can join races pretty easily, either from the party chat app or in game directly via the community screen. In-game, if you see a friends name on the right with a dark blue background you should be able to tap it and join them. I've done it several times now. Works a treat.
  • Altmayer 2 Mar 2012 12:01:56 187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ZizouFC wrote:
    What is up with the whole taking a photo before a race? I gave in out of shock and haven't received any hate mail, so not sure if my pic went through. I didn't get any from the other racers.
    That must mean they were all indifferent to a picture of your penis, only explanation really.
  • neems 2 Mar 2012 13:37:39 1,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Altmayer wrote:
    ZizouFC wrote:
    What is up with the whole taking a photo before a race? I gave in out of shock and haven't received any hate mail, so not sure if my pic went through. I didn't get any from the other racers.
    That must mean they were all indifferent to a picture of your penis, only explanation really.
    Your picture will be shown if you place in the top three, or when you destroy another ship (the victim gets to see your gurning mug*)


    * In general I mean. I have no idea what you look like, or whether you are gurning at any given time.**

    ** Or do I?
  • Jeff73 2 Mar 2012 13:44:37 4 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Are your cross-play (vita vs ps3) maps running a lot slower? do you think there patch it so that it runs at the same speed as the vita tracks??? Loving this game though!!!
  • INSOMANiAC 2 Mar 2012 13:58:29 3,841 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @BraveArse Cheers

    Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

  • INSOMANiAC 2 Mar 2012 14:01:32 3,841 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just tried to get it multiplayer and it's still pretty fucked. If you press the ps button at any point then go back to the game it just boots you out or blows you up at the start. You have to reset the game then it works fine, needs sorting fast.

    Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

  • SomaticSense 2 Mar 2012 15:21:22 8,989 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    infoxicated wrote:
    The circuit Basilico in WipEout Pulse is distilled WipEout - one of my favourite tracks of the entire WipEout series. :)

    I'm finding most of the 2048 tracks a bit samey to be honest, but I think Subway is really rewarding to play. :)
    Awesome circuit that.

    As a non-Vita owner I feel that HD/Fury really could do with another DLC pack, specifically containing the Pure and Pulse tracks they didn't initially convert.

    Some of my all time favourite Wipeout tracks were in those games and didn't make the transition. Especially Blue Ridge.

    Edited by SomaticSense at 15:21:49 02-03-2012
  • FuzzyDuck 3 Mar 2012 15:45:55 4,736 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Holy crap, so that's two of yer all time tracks that didn't make the cut for HD/Fury? Blimey. I'm considering going the whole hog and buying the dlc for Pulse too, it's a belter of a game.

    I can see the criticism that the 2048 tracks are a bit samey, but at the same time it has a more coherent feel to the world that a lot of the previous Wipeouts lacked.

    Also getting to grips with Sol - being able to perfect lap this on A or A+ is a gaming reward and joy scarcely found outside of Wipeout :D
  • don81 3 Mar 2012 22:24:31 194 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Tried the demo earlier. Loved the feel of it. Looked briliiant and played great, is the rest of the game as good? Tempted to get it. Loved the action and look of it.
  • neems 4 Mar 2012 08:08:59 1,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's a fantastic game don, one of the must have titles for Vita if you ask me.
  • Anthony_UK 4 Mar 2012 15:43:14 2,543 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Absolutely loving this, trying Sol for the first time on A class has to be one of my favourite recent gaming memories full stop!

    Multiplayer is also great full but seems to be quite laggy which is a shame.
  • GJS 4 Mar 2012 16:43:17 12 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Haha I also simultaneously love and hate Sol - just took me about 10 tries to elite pass one of the time trials on it.
  • Darren 6 Mar 2012 08:08:06 9,045 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I was playing this game yesterday lunchtime and for about three hours last night having only had a brief go on it since launch (Rayman Origins, Uncharted: GA and Lumines ES have been sucking up most of my gaming time). It is superb but also very difficult at times, demanding perfect racing in order to pass events nevermind come first. I've managed a few Elite passes which I'm pleased with but some events have taken me several frustrating retries (I hate it when I do a perfect lap and look at the position indicator to see I'm still 8th out of 8!!!).

    I completed the 2048 season and am well into the 2049 one having unlocked 5 or 6 ships and reached Rank 7. The visuals are wonderfully sharp and crisp, which is important as you need to see where the road markers are. It only gets a bit messy during combat events (which I'm personally not too keen on as they are a bit too chaotic and aren't focused on racing). The audio and slick presentation round off a very nice package. Shame about those loading times though; even restarting an event requires a 5-10 second load for some reason (you'd think the data would be in the PSV's ample 640 MB of memory?).

    PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

  • FuzzyDuck 6 Mar 2012 08:43:51 4,736 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think they've hit the difficulty sweet spot with this; 2048 is still a seriously challenging game (particularly if you fly with all the assists off) but on the whole it's way easier than Wipeout HD/Fury (which was borderline masochistic in its difficulty)

    Even the trophies are easier - I'm just over 2 seconds off Beat Zico in 2048 without much effort. Took me over 1,000 laps to do it on HD/Fury! :eek:

    I like the Skill Cuts. The more difficult sections are the serpentine nightmares from Wipeout of old that offer a definite advantage, whereas the standard routes aren't utterly punishing and still provide a viable route.

    Really looking forward to see what they do with the DLC for this :D
  • Altmayer 6 Mar 2012 12:06:57 187 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've found most of the elite passes have been alright after a couple attempts. Got 3 or 4 left and that's them all. Think they are all zone events, I've always been shit at them. Any tips?
  • FuzzyDuck 6 Mar 2012 12:16:55 4,736 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Try to keep as tight to the racing line as you can (ie, hit those speed pads as cleanly as possible). In the earlier zones try to move your ship as little as possible on the track, that way when you reach the faster speeds you've got minimal movement and not ping-ponging about the place.

    I've temporarily abandoned my attempt to get the Zone Zeus trophy on HD/Fury. Reached level 70, but my hands couldn't keep up with my eyes!

    Just did the Auricom prototype Elite Pass - ranked 55th globally! This will not happen me again :D
  • Progguitarist 6 Mar 2012 12:49:01 10,509 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    I was playing this game yesterday lunchtime and for about three hours last night having only had a brief go on it since launch (Rayman Origins, Uncharted: GA and Lumines ES have been sucking up most of my gaming time). It is superb but also very difficult at times, demanding perfect racing in order to pass events nevermind come first. I've managed a few Elite passes which I'm pleased with but some events have taken me several frustrating retries (I hate it when I do a perfect lap and look at the position indicator to see I'm still 8th out of 8!!!).

    I completed the 2048 season and am well into the 2049 one having unlocked 5 or 6 ships and reached Rank 7. The visuals are wonderfully sharp and crisp, which is important as you need to see where the road markers are. It only gets a bit messy during combat events (which I'm personally not too keen on as they are a bit too chaotic and aren't focused on racing). The audio and slick presentation round off a very nice package. Shame about those loading times though; even restarting an event requires a 5-10 second load for some reason (you'd think the data would be in the PSV's ample 640 MB of memory?).
    It has alot to do with the pylon buffer Z axis which is sometimes anti aliased with SSAO and Tri Linear Axis filtering. When you combine this with a Z RAM decrease you are in a world of trouble really.
  • Gregolution 6 Mar 2012 13:15:09 3,858 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    It has alot to do with the pylon buffer Z axis which is sometimes anti aliased with SSAO and Tri Linear Axis filtering. When you combine this with a Z RAM decrease you are in a world of trouble really.
    rofl

    PSN : Gregolution
    XBL : Gregolutionz

  • Rauha 11 Mar 2012 13:05:04 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished the first year. Woweee, tons of fun. The green of the tree and grass is so surreal for a wipeout game, and with the branching paths it has a hint to motorstorm. Loving the combat challenges.
  • Murbs 11 Mar 2012 13:37:15 22,527 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I loved the look of Zone in Wipeout HD, but if anything I think it looks even better here. Glorious.

    Would like some buddies please! I'm amibob
  • Murbs 12 Mar 2012 13:25:59 22,527 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rauha wrote:
    Loving the combat challenges.
    You see, I've always preferred the racing to the weapons and always found combat focused modes a pain. Yet they've got something right here, as I've been pounding away desperate to get the trophy for 100 points in the one of the early major side challenges. Got so close with 91, then 96, 97 then nailed it with 108. The scoring has been properly refined and there's not a desperate need to destroy (although it helps a bunch!); as long as you're maintaining the challenge your score will continue to rise.

    Better than Mario Kart has ever been ;-)
  • Rauha 12 Mar 2012 15:47:08 4,271 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    lolol :D

    It's that exact trill Murbal, going for Elite pass. Also liked the zone event too, but unusually it was a tad too easy. But yup, absorbing, leeching to replenish health and wishing for quake during combat challenges. <3

    More people need to buy this. Will add you later on Murbal :)
  • Popzeus 12 Mar 2012 16:12:39 8,416 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finding it very difficult to make the step up to B class at the end of the first season. God knows what it'll be like at the even faster speeds /o\

    Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

  • neems 12 Mar 2012 17:09:43 1,393 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Your choice of ship can be very important - try to find one where you're happy with the handling, and everything else will follow.
  • Page

    of 12 First / Last

Log in or register to reply