EP-1 deleted photos

• Page

of 1

Previous Next
  • AaronTurner 21 Jan 2012 10:46:45 7,591 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hi chaps,

My EP1 seems to have deleted a load of my photos off my flash card (or whatever it is in the EP1 camera) before I managed to download them. I was out this morning and after one photo I got a "CARD ERROR" message. I checked through the photos and the were all still there but when I connected to a pc they seem to have disappeared and I can't see them on playback in the camera either. Is there a way I can get those photos to "reappear"?
  • kalel 21 Jan 2012 10:57:31 86,261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If you're using a direct connection from your camera then try a card reader instead. And vice versa.
  • Slint1000 21 Jan 2012 10:57:59 3,073 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You can use a file recovery program to get them back I should think. I once had to do that when I suddenly got a card error message when I'd taken more than a thousand photos at a wedding and I thought I'd lost them all!

I can't remember what program I used but google seems to come up with a bunch of free ones
  • AaronTurner 21 Jan 2012 11:04:54 7,591 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There is an MMC-SD slot on this netbook but I've never tried it before, not sure if that's the right size to be honest. I think it is an SD card in the EP1 though.

I'm currently running a program called Recuva that I found on the internet, it didn't have any joy with the first run though.
  • kalel 21 Jan 2012 11:14:39 86,261 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Card readers are not expensive and a worth having. They tend to be more reliable.
  • Page

of 1

Previous Next