The Last of Us Page 9

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 4 Feb 2013 09:38:44 3,265 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Lots of previews up today - the best one so far being over at Destructoid.

This game does sound phenomenal and, more importantly, nothing like the Uncharted clone a lot of people said it would be.

Love the sound of crafting weapons and health kits out of stuff you find, the 'Clickers' sound absolutely terrifying too.

Cant wait for this!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• mcmothercruncher 4 Feb 2013 21:50:32 6,451 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It does sound awesome, love the tense, dark atmosphere in the videos. However, the ign guys talking about the aiming-down-the-sights shooting mechanic feeling a lot like the Uncharted series is a big disappointment for me.
  • King_Edward 4 Feb 2013 22:38:21 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    How else would you aim?
  • GuiltySpark 4 Feb 2013 23:15:52 6,322 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They should turn it into an on-rails lightgun game.

Get bent.

• mcmothercruncher 5 Feb 2013 21:51:36 6,451 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Down the sights of course, just with the feel of countless other shooters. Uncharted 3 was fussy and awkward to aim with, even when there was enough fuss that they relented and changed the new "improved" system back to the approach of Uncharted 2 with a patch.
  • Ultrasoundwave 7 Feb 2013 09:52:14 3,265 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I realise i am absolutely miles behind everyone else here, but i've only just seen the Cordyceps disease that Naughty Dog used as inspiration for Last of Us :

Christ, that is actually terrifying. I love the fact that Naughty Dog could have been very lazy and just said "lets use zombies". The fact they've researched a genuine, horrific disease and incorporated it into their game is very impressive.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Daeltaja 13 Feb 2013 20:25:36 1,036 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Delayed until June 14th :(
  • King_Edward 13 Feb 2013 22:29:36 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didn't realise it had a set release date.
  • Deleted user 13 February 2013 22:41:48
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    I realise i am absolutely miles behind everyone else here, but i've only just seen the Cordyceps disease that Naughty Dog used as inspiration for Last of Us :

Christ, that is actually terrifying. I love the fact that Naughty Dog could have been very lazy and just said "lets use zombies". The fact they've researched a genuine, horrific disease and incorporated it into their game is very impressive.
    its awesome isn't it, its probably one of the best moments on planet earth. I was thinking when i first saw this about writing a film script or something around it (think this meets radiohead just video or something). Perfect for a movie/game tie in.

It looks like we are going to get a decent slew of games throughout the year now.
  • Flying_Pig 2 Apr 2013 22:11:20 10,686 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    New Trailer
  • Triggerhappytel 3 Apr 2013 01:21:59 2,667 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Really looking forward to this. Trailers look very impressive, I just hope it has some scope for gameplay variety (ie optional stealth, wide open ended environments which mean you can circumnavigate enemies entirely) and it has a brain and doesn't devolve into endless combat. The storytelling and technical achievements certainly seem up to the usual ND standard.
  • smoothpete 3 Apr 2013 08:18:00 31,333 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I really want to watch the trailer but I said ages ago that I was going to go media blackout and just wait till its released..
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Apr 2013 08:21:37 14,407 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The very reason I rebought a PS3, can't wait for it.

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• King_Edward 3 Apr 2013 09:48:47 11,454 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    The very reason I rererererererererererebought a PS3, can't wait for it.
  • Triggerhappytel 3 Apr 2013 10:32:28 2,667 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    joelstinton wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

its awesome isn't it, its probably one of the best moments on planet earth. I was thinking when i first saw this about writing a film script or something around it (think this meets radiohead just video or something). Perfect for a movie/game tie in.

It looks like we are going to get a decent slew of games throughout the year now.
    Isn't that genuinely creepy? Especially how he closes by saying "the more numerous a species becomes, the more likely it will be attacked by its nemesis". Seems quite plausible that this could mutate to target humans. What an intriguing concept; so much better than the easy and lazy plain zombies they could have just gone for.
  • Triggerhappytel 9 Apr 2013 22:19:01 2,667 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    A really interesting developer diary about the game's environment, art and lighting. No spoilers to speak of, although it's doing a great job whetting my appetite.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ZJ2C6wAVpg&feature=youtube_gdata_player

Here's the prior episode, not sure if it has already been posted. It's about designing the infected:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-ICRQYIoORg&feature=youtube_gdata_player
  • Deleted user 17 April 2013 17:56:27
    After the YLOD of my original PS3 I repaired it and sold it on, and decided to wait for the PS4. It's been about 1 year now, I can't wait for PS4, and with the news of Gran Turismo 6, i've just picked up a little used PS3 from Ebay, the MW3 pack 320GB. I opted for this model, as I don't like the look on the latest PS3 shape, as it looks cheap. Along with Gran Turismo 6, i'll get to play The Last of Us, which i really want to play. Once the console arrives, I'll get to play MW3, as I wanted to check that out too. Time to put the PS2 back in its box, and return to HD gaming.

Edited by blacksea at 17:56:45 17-04-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Apr 2013 18:10:21 14,407 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    blacksea wrote:
    After the YLOD of my original PS3 I repaired it and sold it on, and decided to wait for the PS4. It's been about 1 year now, I can't wait for PS4, and with the news of Gran Turismo 6, i've just picked up a little used PS3 from Ebay, the MW3 pack 320GB. I opted for this model, as I don't like the look on the latest PS3 shape, as it looks cheap. Along with Gran Turismo 6, i'll get to play The Last of Us, which i really want to play. Once the console arrives, I'll get to play MW3, as I wanted to check that out too. Time to put the PS2 back in its box, and return to HD gaming.
    Great stuff
    Get your ear plugs out...the noise the drive makes while playing MW3 is fookin LOUD.

• Deleted user 17 April 2013 19:53:31
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    blacksea wrote:
    Great stuff
    Get your ear plugs out...the noise the drive makes while playing MW3 is fookin LOUD.
    My original PS3 was almost silent. I hope the PS3 slim is silent. I know for the sure the new PS3 makes noise, as I know someone who has one. But i'm not getting one of those.

Edited by blacksea at 20:07:08 17-04-2013
  • DUFFMAN5 17 Apr 2013 19:56:14 14,407 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It is not the machine. I'm playing Ni No Kuni at the mo on my rather spiffing White 320gb slim, it is the game, no install I assume.
    Happy playing.

• Deleted user 18 April 2013 07:04:57
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    It is not the machine. I'm playing Ni No Kuni at the mo on my rather spiffing White 320gb slim, it is the game, no install I assume.
    Happy playing.
    I wanted a White slim too, but they are double the price of a Black slim 320.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Apr 2013 07:07:26 14,407 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @blacksea
    :)
    As long as it plays the games
    ...it is rather sexy though, looks lovely next to my Gears of War 3 console (the proper one, not transfers on a 360!)

• Widge Moderator 18 Apr 2013 08:55:52 13,260 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @blacksea

My original PS3 that I got on release only had 2 fan settings: off and the other is still waiting for the World Meteorological Organization to give it a name.

Slim has been a dream. I mainly run from HDD so it is a bit of fan noise (very quiet) or the odd whirr of the hard drive. The disk is another thing entirely. That chunks and whines like some sort of dockside crane machinery. It *isn't* bad in the grand scheme of themes, but it does ruin late night low volume gaming/video. However, in the world of PSN+, 90% of my stuff is now HDD based.

Slimmy slim, no idea of this thing. The cheap looking casing doesn't give me hope though. I have no urge to upgrade.

_ _ _

www.unpaused.co.uk - electronic noise adjective salad

• Deleted user 19 April 2013 19:59:44
    Widge wrote:
    @blacksea

My original PS3 that I got on release only had 2 fan settings: off and the other is still waiting for the World Meteorological Organization to give it a name.

Slim has been a dream. I mainly run from HDD so it is a bit of fan noise (very quiet) or the odd whirr of the hard drive. The disk is another thing entirely. That chunks and whines like some sort of dockside crane machinery. It *isn't* bad in the grand scheme of themes, but it does ruin late night low volume gaming/video. However, in the world of PSN+, 90% of my stuff is now HDD based.

Slimmy slim, no idea of this thing. The cheap looking casing doesn't give me hope though. I have no urge to upgrade.
    Been playing MW3 on my Slim for the past hour. The console is all but silent. My original PS3 made little noise, but the slim I have now makes less noise, close to zero, even with MW3 running. Just getting back into MW, and am a little rusty. Roll on June/July for when The Last of Us arrives, as I can't wait!
  • Rodriguez 19 Apr 2013 20:22:05 1,083 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Flying_Pig wrote:
    New Trailer
    Just watched that trailer and damn it looks good! Definitely far more violent than Uncharted ever was, some of that stuff looked absolutely brutal, especially the machete to the face followed by decapitation, ouch!
  • Errol 24 Apr 2013 00:03:14 12,457 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    I definitely see this game having a fantastic story. I'm keeping hold of my PS3 for Last of Us and GTA 5.
    Indeed.
  • Deleted user 27 April 2013 18:59:20
    DarkSpaceDS wrote:
    I definitely see this game having a fantastic story. I'm keeping hold of my PS3 for Last of Us and GTA 5.
    After a year out, I just picked up a new PS3 too, just to play The Last of Us, and the new Gran Turismo game (when it arrives). Last not least, The Last Guardian. Another game that's caught my eye is Metro Last Night, the video looks interesting. For the moment it's MW3
  • ecureuil 2 May 2013 10:33:19 76,501 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Article on the front page says ending spoilers have leaked. Might want to be careful browsing the forum front page if you don't want it spoiled, we all remember what happened with Bioshock Infinite..
  • DUFFMAN5 2 May 2013 10:50:44 14,407 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @ecureuil
    Right then, last time I visit any thread about TLoU until I play it next month.

• Page

of 84 First / Last