Xbox One Page 9

• Page

of 977 First / Last

• dominalien 19 Jan 2012 16:39:37 6,835 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    They'll probably simply push Kinect functionality down peoples' throats, the way Sony used to do with Sixaxis. Luckily, they don't do that any more.

PSN: DonOsito

• Psychotext 19 Jan 2012 16:59:40 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    As backwards as I'm sure this will sound to the "ultra-hardcore" amongst you, how much I want the next xbox will come down to whether Microsoft put out a new version of Kinect with it.

I'm dying to see what they could do with a higher capture rate / better resolution. Could be epic (and no, probably not for your average FPS).
  • Deleted user 19 January 2012 17:07:31
    I wonder how powerful MS are going to go with it? Personally I don't think it's going to be that big of a jump over the 360, MS have changed thier focus to the casual audience it seems.
  • Bremenacht 19 Jan 2012 18:01:18 17,613 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    More hardware speculation. Basically, predicting a SoC with a HD7000 architecture. I'd be a bit surprised if that's true - HD7000's rather up to date. I'd be a bit surprised if it's a SoC too, but then I suppose they'll have plenty of time to make that work.
  • Deleted user 19 January 2012 18:47:42
    Shadow of the Colossus was a great game however dated so im hoping there is some truth to it
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2012 18:57:58 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    :champ:
  • Deleted user 19 January 2012 19:05:45
    About two years ago I was well up for some new consoles in a wee while but the thought of either a new Xbox or PS3 leaves me utterly cold now. The last couple of years (with the odd amazing blip) have shown me nothing but sequels or already bankrupt game genres.

I'm almost to the point of not caring less if I ever buy another console.
  • Deleted user 19 January 2012 19:28:17
    Boab wrote:
    About two years ago I was well up for some new consoles in a wee while but the thought of either a new Xbox or PS3 leaves me utterly cold now. The last couple of years (with the odd amazing blip) have shown me nothing but sequels or already bankrupt game genres.

I'm almost to the point of not caring less if I ever buy another console.
    I know what you mean, I play more games on emulators these days and there is enough good games to keep me going for years.

But I think the games industry don't care about people who grow older, they happily move on re-market the same stuff in new clothing to incoming generations, For me I have felt this since the start of the PS2 generation.
  • Psychotext 19 Jan 2012 19:48:46 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Complete rubbish. You're just old and jaded now.
  • pinebear 19 Jan 2012 21:18:16 8,565 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:More hardware speculation. Basically, predicting a SoC with a
    HD7000 architecture. I'd be a bit
    surprised if that's true - HD7000's
    rather up to date. I'd be a bit
    surprised if it's a SoC too, but then
    I suppose they'll have plenty of time to make that work.
    AnotherIdiot wrote:
    Shadow of the Colossus was a great game however dated so im hoping there is some truth to it
    \o/ PotD!

• Psychotext 19 Jan 2012 23:52:31 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    TooOldToGame wrote:
    Finally, and without question, there definitely hasn't been as many new stand-out titles this gen.
    Just some completely new stand-out titles for (me) this gen...

Arkham Asylum, Bioshock, Dance Central, Dead Rising, Demon's Souls, Gears of War, Heavy Rain, Left 4 Dead, Limbo, Little Big Planet, Lost Odyssey, Mass Effect, Portal, Valkyria Chronicles, Uncharted.

That's before you take into consideration the ridiculous amount of considerably improved sequels and the insane number of excellent PSN / XBLA games that I've failed to mention in the list above (Castle Crashers, Geometry Wars, Flower, Pacman DX, Peggle, Plants vs Zombies, Super Meat Boy, Trials HD, Trine, World of Goo etc etc etc).

If you really believe that the PS2 had more variety I can only really assume that you're one of those nutters that doesn't think downloadable titles count as "real games". Take off your rose tinted nostalgia specs. That, or give up gaming because you're obviously not enjoying it any more.

Edited by Psychotext at 23:56:18 19-01-2012
  • Psychotext 20 Jan 2012 02:14:18 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    "The majority of the 'best' games on the current systems are just techically superior versions of previous great games from the past generation"

It's that I disagree with mostly... there a wealth of new IP (and fantastic new IP at that). It just astonishes me that you fail to acknowledge it. There are very, very few games from last gen that I'd rather be playing than what have now.

I can really just think of one genre that was better represented last gen and that was JRPG. If you're a JRPG addict, then yes, I see your point of view.
  • Zizoo 20 Jan 2012 08:45:49 8,112 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Give him a break! He's clearly TooOldToGame.
  • mikew1985 20 Jan 2012 09:56:52 12,589 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    did you re register with the correct spelling after FAN pointed it out?!

:D
  • richarddavies 9 Mar 2012 10:30:12 2,581 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's the strictest NDA ever but it's been almost instantly leaked? Interesting if true though.
  • Bremenacht 9 Mar 2012 12:08:31 17,613 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sounds very much like discussion being presented as fact.
  • Psychotext 9 Mar 2012 12:17:37 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I really, really doubt this, far too expensive to distribute games that way. Maybe in 5 years time but not now.
  • Deleted user 9 March 2012 13:04:07
    disc or disk drive?
  • oceanmotion 9 Mar 2012 14:23:38 15,651 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    A SKU option perhaps. In some ways I can see why not, people download stuff all the time, downloads will be larger but it's not like people will be buying five games at once, likely one.

Pre loading as well I suppose and who knows even some fancy streaming tech that lets you play as you download, obviously not for every game but an idea.

License stations at retail that don't download but just copy the game to the consumer's memory device along with a unique key license. Take your flash card and grab a copy on the high street, take it home, copy it over to the Xbox or play from flash card. For those that want to download at home, just stock code cards. Really not that crazy to imagine.

The worst thing is Microsoft aren't Valve so that great sales attitude and digital distribution is all right as long as Valve and other good companies do it goes out the window.

Only thing I not sure of is do Microsoft want to become the all in one streaming entertainment gaming box or the all in one entertainment gaming box. Is Blu Ray worth the extra expense or is getting people to use Xbox Live and the ever growing apps worth a lot more to Microsoft?
  • Psychotext 9 Mar 2012 14:45:29 53,809 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    oceanmotion wrote:
    License stations at retail that don't download but just copy the game to the consumer's memory device along with a unique key license. Take your flash card and grab a copy on the high street, take it home, copy it over to the Xbox or play from flash card. For those that want to download at home, just stock code cards. Really not that crazy to imagine.
    You'd be looking at at least 10 minutes in the store to get a 25gb game copied over... and that's assuming that the memory cards were extremely fast and the files stored in one big archive file rather than thousands of little ones (negative is, you'd need to unpack it later).

You're more likely to have success just swapping your card at the retailer... though that's got its own problems.
  • oceanmotion 20 Mar 2012 20:35:41 15,651 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Would next gen be close to this ?

• Page

of 977 First / Last