Paedogeddon - Jimmy Savile and other celebs Page 91

• Page

of 121 First / Last

• Deleted user 28 November 2013 22:27:38
    Re: him joking about it. That's believable. There was an interview from a guy that himself interviewed Watkins a fair bit over the years, said the guy had a particularly dark sense of humour. Could be the humour was masking his true thoughts and his bands mates just assumed that it was his so called blackly comical streak. I can't think they actually knew, or even suspected that he really was a paedophile. They surely wouldn't be able to rationalise not saying anything or acting.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 22:33:53 28-11-2013
  • onestepfromlost 28 Nov 2013 22:32:27 2,039 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    well at 9.20 in the video the other one comments hes seen the video and they joke about the "dark place". Sounds a bit suspect to me.
  • JYM60 28 Nov 2013 22:47:45 16,783 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This makes Savile look like a saint tbh. Babies....Really....

I actually had their second record, and thought it was decent. Listened to it quite a lot when I was 15. A few good songs, but a bit too emo-nu metal, so never listened to them after that.

Shocked, appalled and disappointed to hear this.

Edited by JYM60 at 22:48:15 28-11-2013

[8/10] http://www.youtube.com/lllBetterThanHalolll

• EMarkM 28 Nov 2013 22:51:30 3,173 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've said it before and I no doubt will again.

Pretty much the only thing that surprises me about human behaviour is that people are surprised at human behaviour.

We are capable of the worst things imaginable, simply because we CAN imagine them.
  • Deleted user 28 November 2013 23:11:32
    EMarkM wrote:
    I've said it before and I no doubt will again.

Pretty much the only thing that surprises me about human behaviour is that people are surprised at human behaviour.

We are capable of the worst things imaginable, simply because we CAN imagine them.
    I can imagine Ian Watkins strung up naked and beaten to death with chopsticks by 1000 incensed high-security inmates.

If chopsticks are off the menu I'll happily swap to rusted cake forks.

How's THAT for imagination? Does that make me worse?
  • Popzeus 28 Nov 2013 23:23:31 8,272 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Kostabi wrote:
    onestepfromlost wrote:
    Kostabi wrote:
    BillCityfingers wrote:
    That stupid geldof bint tweeted the names of the mothers. Obviously didn't think about the children or families involved.

Looks like she might get charged. Another z-list jumping on a news story for twitter followers. I hope they do charge her.
    I think it only carries a hefty fine for going against a Section 39 order (not naming children involved in a case).
    pretty sure its contempt of court can be a jail sentence. if they decide to make an example of her.
    True enough but for some reason contempt of court is hardly ever thrown at people and even then a day in the court cells and a 'sorry' is usually enough to purge it.
    It's not contempt of court or section 39. It's a breach of the Sexual Offences Act which grants all victims in sex cases lifetime anonymity. By naming the mothers you'd identify the children.

Penalty-wise, likely to be more severe than for contempt.

Currently playing: Standing In A Car Park Simulator 2013

• Deleted user 28 November 2013 23:24:57
    @Ironlungs76 That would be quite hard, unless they stabbed him with the chopsticks? A beating motion with something so small and light, they'd end up punching him more than hitting him with the sticks. Also, the really thin pointy chopsticks or the large blunt ones? I don't know why it matters, but it matters.

And do you mean high-security inmates that also smell nice? Personal hygiene is important in prison.
  • Deleted user 28 November 2013 23:27:45
    Anything that does a tiny bit of damage but is effective over a long timeline is fine by me - a Chinese paper torture if you will. But with blunt objects for added huzzahs for those of us with common decency left in our bones.
  • Deleted user 28 November 2013 23:31:41
    Skewer a pickled onion on the tip of the chopsticks, the vinegar will hurt if any small lacerations appear. Job done.
  • Scurrminator 29 Nov 2013 00:04:20 8,387 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hmmm. But surely when it's a public figure naming them can encourage other victims to come forward? Those that would never do so 'first'.
    I guess it can also bring out those looking to make a quick buck.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Dirtbox 29 Nov 2013 00:10:52 77,480 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wrong way round. Infinitely better to encourage the paedophiles to come forward so there are fewer victims. Instill the fact it's an illness that can be treated instead of something to be immediately feared and loathed. Victims should obviously also be encouraged, but this isn't the way to do it.

Edited by Dirtbox at 00:13:03 29-11-2013

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• Armoured_Bear 29 Nov 2013 00:27:06 10,308 posts
    Seen 39 seconds ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Wrong way round. Infinitely better to encourage the paedophiles to come forward so there are fewer victims. Instill the fact it's an illness that can be treated instead of something to be immediately feared and loathed. Victims should obviously also be encouraged, but this isn't the way to do it.
    I have to agree with this.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 29 November 2013 00:35:22
    That's assuming that the paedophiles first accept that it is an illness and would be willing to come forward, which I very much doubt. It is a chargeable offence, unless you start rewriting laws, and isn't always committed by the mentally unsound. That suggests they are not fully in control of their actions and are not culpable. Would that not give others more of a licence to do it? Knowing that it could be merely claimed that they were mentally unsound when they committed the act?
  • Dirtbox 29 Nov 2013 00:41:53 77,480 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    No one is coming forward once the media injects it's massive social stigma in the pursuit of selling more rags or keeping you tuned in.

• Deleted user 29 November 2013 00:56:08
    That's the media regardless though, and to be honest there's not much in the way of the media injecting social stigma into an act that repels every other person on a base level. The very act itself disgusts and that's not the media, that's the effect knowledge of the actual act has in itself. As far as I was aware, they generally do give paedophiles or suspected paedophiles some discrepencies, including re-homing them in areas in absence of public knowledge. But a public figure committing the act has to be held up in public for what he has done. Portraying it than anything other than a dire act, the worst kind of offence, would be unthinkable. Not pushing those responsible first in front of a court of law would, whilst not condoning it, but would inadvertently mark the whole paedophilia thing as purely a mental disorder, which it isn't. That's like saying any criminal act where a person gives into dark urges is a mental disorder. It's not.
  • Dirtbox 29 Nov 2013 01:03:03 77,480 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    All the more reason to nip it in the bud rather than hang draw and quarter people after the damage is done.

All this has done is drive existing paedophiles further underground where they're potentially more dangerous than ever.

Edited by Dirtbox at 01:06:19 29-11-2013

• Deleted user 29 November 2013 01:06:40
    If that were possible, then it would be happening that way. You cannot predict everyone's actions. Some, yes. Sometimes there are signals - alarming signals in Watkins case looking at the various bits of interview footage - but rarely. When someone wishes something to remain secret, it is very difficult to detect. So in that case you'll be relying on everyone just coming forward. You'll get a very small percentage, very small. But that'll be it.

Like I say though, I still agree that a reform needs to occur. Across all media, social or otherwise, and in the way that offences such as this are tackled. I'm just not sure of the correct way. It's no doubt for greater minds than mine to fathom out.

Possibly just put a small explosive inside the brain at birth. Any dodgy thoughts and BOOM.

Saying that, apparently paedophiles know that they are becoming paedophiles as soon as they become sexually active. So possibly something needs to change in the way we educate our children.

Edited by BillCityfingers at 01:09:47 29-11-2013
  • Dirtbox 29 Nov 2013 01:12:40 77,480 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's not difficult to fix, just stop the public witch hunt, wait until the dust settles and then begin broadcasting a more compassionate message to the people who would otherwise pose a risk. It's not rocket science, you can manipulate pubic attitude with a few well chosen words.

• Deleted user 29 November 2013 01:19:49
    It cannot be that simple, and it's not a witch hunt if the individual involved is guilty. Then it becomes a clamor for justice and nothing more. The media had nothing to do with that mistaken paedophile that got murdered and set alight. They were not even involved. So that was a witch hunt without coverage.

I also don't think you can sway the public opinion on child abuse no matter what words you use.
  • Dirtbox 29 Nov 2013 02:24:58 77,480 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm not just talking about child abusers, I'm talking about people who have been victims of abuse and feel they may be prone to acting on feelings bought about by it in the future, or merely people that haven't been abused but find themselves seeing kids in a less than wholesome way. I'm all about nipping it in the bud rather than trying to apply some irrevocably broken patch that focuses on terror and recrimination, that's just the worst possible way to go about doing anything. Attacking the symptoms while the disease rages on does nothing for anyone.

And no one is saying child abuse isn't horrific, it's gut churning, but with proper awareness and treatment, it's something that can eventually be, for the larger part, stopped.

And it is a witch hunt. Absolutely. How many's careers are now in tatters because of Yewtree who were released with no charge simply because someone pointed a finger?

Just a little under half.

Edited by Dirtbox at 02:45:44 29-11-2013

• Dirtbox 30 Nov 2013 05:14:54 77,480 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    This made me laugh.

And the icing on the cake.

• EMarkM 30 Nov 2013 07:53:31 3,173 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Dirtbox :D
  • mcmothercruncher 30 Nov 2013 08:49:43 6,488 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've fairly good memories of post college days and the first Lost Prophets (lost profits?) album but, out of curiosity, tried to listen to it again while working yesterday and couldn't. Can't listen to the music because the music has his voice front and centre. Deleted it.

/ emo.
  • MetalDog 30 Nov 2013 09:02:01 23,708 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I have to say, I agree with Dirtbox on this one.

The demonisation of the crime is glitteringly unhelpful for all sorts of reasons. The vast majority of abuse occurs within family units and making the crime the unholiest of unholies makes many victims afraid of reporting it because to do so is to set off a metaphorical nuke in your family unit. The 'damaged forever' expectation for the victims is also supremely unhelpful and untrue.

I think, on the whole, people with no experience in the matter are happier burning witches than they are with the more level-headed work of helping the person who offends not offend anymore and breaking the cycles of abuse.

Our whole society's attitude towards sex is fucked up anyway. Men are pressured to be hyper-sexed and promiscuous, everyone wants to torture pedos to death and extremely young, low weight, large-eyed, fully shaven girls are sex symbols. Fucking well done, everyone, that's going to work well for us all, isn't it?

-- boobs do nothing for me, I want moustaches and chest hair.

• OptimusPube 30 Nov 2013 09:04:15 2,910 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I've fairly good memories of post college days and the first Lost Prophets (lost profits?) album but, out of curiosity, tried to listen to it again while working yesterday and couldn't. Can't listen to the music because the music has his voice front and centre. Deleted it.

/ emo.
    It's understandable, does anyone still listen to Gary Glitter? I doubt it.

You better watch out.
    You better beware.
    Albert said E=MC˛

• nickthegun 18 Dec 2013 14:30:05 58,885 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Fucked in the head: confirmed

http://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/2013/dec/18/ian-watkins-transcript

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Kostabi 18 Dec 2013 14:42:50 4,878 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    There is no Park Prison, it's HMP Parc. Silly BBC.

I realise that isn't the point.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 18 Dec 2013 14:44:07 37,379 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    He's going to get beaten and raped in jail. Mega lolz.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• whatfruit 18 Dec 2013 14:51:40 1,296 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Look at you now Austria, look at you now.

You thought you had the title for worlds worst peado sown up with the Fritzlmeister, but Britain shows the world yet again how it should be done.
  • EMarkM 18 Dec 2013 14:54:06 3,173 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    He's going to get beaten and raped in jail. Mega lolz.
    I honestly don't think he's going to last very long at all.

Even in the strictest solitary conditions, someone is going to find a way.
  • Page

of 121 First / Last