American Horror Story Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • binky Moderator 29 Oct 2013 16:13:08 9,236 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Starts tonight on FX in the UK. Hoping it lives up to the first two series.
  • Deleted user 29 October 2013 16:14:23
    So far it doesn't. They seem to have replaced atmosphere and story with slanted camera angles and fisheye lenses every other shot.
  • Frogofdoom 29 Oct 2013 16:15:18 801 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    its been ok, just nothing mindblowing yet. I think its just starting to spice up a bit after the end of the last ep though.
  • Gambit1977 29 Oct 2013 16:24:01 9,543 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm enjoying it more than the first. Nowhere near as much as the second.
    The characters are good. But why is that blonde always really fucking annoying?
  • Frogofdoom 29 Oct 2013 16:26:36 801 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    i loved season 2 other than the alien angle its really deriled things for me. They should have just kept it about the looney bin.
  • FatShadie 29 Oct 2013 16:29:03 4 posts
    Seen 6 months ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    very decent program! always s**t myself lol
  • Gambit1977 29 Oct 2013 16:29:31 9,543 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think the time period in the second was part of the appeal.
  • Frogofdoom 29 Oct 2013 16:30:04 801 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    a nice twist as well
  • huh_what 14 Nov 2013 20:30:39 650 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    The new season is great. The latest episode had the guy that plays Ben Diamond from Magic City in it as an axe murderer so i'm happy :)

Last weeks Evil Dead homage bit was actually pretty fun as well.

TV needs more fucking weird shows like this.
  • TarickStonefire 15 Nov 2013 10:09:32 2,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think this season is the best so far by a LONG way. I saw some slagging of the camerawork above but personally I love all that stuff. I think the characters and relationships are the most accessible and enjoyable yet and I'm enjoying it far more than the first two series, both of which I also really liked.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• J*C 11 Dec 2013 23:49:23 699 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm enjoying this, but its beginning to stumble a bit now. I think they should have kept zombies out of it tbh. Its just silly isn't it. Still, its weird. And weird is wonderful!
  • huh_what 9 Jan 2014 20:07:56 650 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I'm honestly thinking that this is the best show on TV at the moment.

It's embracing its utter batshit crazieness and i am looking forward to every new episode now.
  • TarickStonefire 10 Jan 2014 13:34:50 2,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah it's fantastic :D

• TarickStonefire 10 Jan 2014 13:35:16 2,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    J*C wrote:
    I'm enjoying this, but its beginning to stumble a bit now. I think they should have kept zombies out of it tbh. Its just silly isn't it. Still, its weird. And weird is wonderful!
    Mmm, and on the other hand a modern day witches coven is completely normal. Yep.

• jamesi 19 Mar 2014 17:49:47 186 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Lol completely hooked on this show (thanks Netflix) only watched 1st episode cos wanted something shorter than a movie,so gave it a go,and ended up watching 3 episodes back to back,and practically a whole series in a few days :).I'm on last episode of series 1.
  • jonsaan 19 Mar 2014 18:15:39 25,248 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I love AHS. Series 1 was my fav, but they are all fabulous.

FCUTA!

• Tom_Servo 22 Mar 2014 00:08:06 15,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just watched the first episode on Netflix. RUBBISH!

Where to begin? It's completely ridiculous, just a bunch of horror tropes thrown at the screen at an exhausting pace with no real concern for coherence. The maid is a prime example. So, she's about 60 to everyone but the husband who sees her as a seductress in her mid-20s or so. HOW HAS NO ONE REALISED THAT?! Surely her age would have been mentioned in passing by either the wife or the daughter at some point when discussing her. "She's getting on a bit, but she does a good job" "What do you mean, she's about 25?". If the writers can't be bothered figuring stuff like that out why should I care about the show? It's just lazy.

The first episode alone genuinely must introduce over ten different storylines/mysteries. So, we have the maid, the (potentially evil) burned guy who used to live in the house, the girl with Downs syndrome and her mum, the dead twins from the 70s, the sleepwalking husband, the mystery man in the gimp suit the disturbed teenager who is also possessed or something oh who gives a shit

The way it's filmed was also really disorientating, and not in a good way. Odd edits, going in and out of focus, quick zooms... it just made me feel a bit seasick in a way. It never settled for more than five seconds.

The characters are all dreadful as well. Once you're at the point where you're just laughing at what's happening then there's no going back.

There isn't an original bone in its body and can't even do the old classic tropes well anyway.

The worst thing is I've been wanting to watch it for ages and was really excited when I saw it had been added to Netflix.
  • Gambit1977 22 Mar 2014 07:57:17 9,543 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The first series was dogshit
    The second, fantastic
    I started the third but gave up.

Whilst the majority of the cast are good/great, AHS seems intent on focussing on the weakest, most shit cast members.
  • Mola_Ram 22 Mar 2014 08:09:34 6,217 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I think it took a while for the show to settle on the "batshit crazy" tone that made the second series so entertaining.
  • Furtive_Pygmy 22 Mar 2014 08:12:14 461 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    The first series was dogshit
    The second, fantastic
    I started the third but gave up.

I concur, the second series is the only one worth watching.
  • TarickStonefire 22 Mar 2014 10:02:25 2,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I disagree, I liked the second and the third, I have no idea why the third has so much hate. I found the first the most frustrating because that leading man was such a wanker, I wanted him to die from the moment he was introduced.

• TarickStonefire 22 Mar 2014 10:03:23 2,611 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    rantrantrantrantrant
    It isn't that bad. It's quite good fun really. But the other series are better.

• Mola_Ram 22 Mar 2014 10:05:03 6,217 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The good thing about the show is that you can skip the whole first season if you like. There's no relationship between the stories.
  • Gambit1977 22 Mar 2014 11:12:02 9,543 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Wrong thread i know, but as we're talking shite first seasons (series whatever) then the following needs a mention, its been a great second season since they made it a comedy.
  • pacrifice 22 Mar 2014 12:18:29 957 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    American Horror Story is some fucking good shit.

Know what makes the show so good...?

Jessica. Fucking. Lange.
  • Page

of 4 First / Last

Next