American Horror Story Page 5

• Page

of 6 First / Last

• super-s1 8 Oct 2014 10:02:00 699 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Funny, I just googled where season 4 was and it premiers today apparently, in the US at least. 21st at 10 on Fox in Uk (if you watch it that way)
  • MrSensible 8 Oct 2014 10:35:10 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm not holding out much hope myself. I loved the first one, didn't like the second then despised the third. It just keeps going downhill to me.

Saying that, I bet I watch at least some of it anyway :D
  • Frogofdoom 8 Oct 2014 10:50:27 1,083 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    That clown is reason enough to give the series a chance. If the series goes more like the start of season 2 it could be excellent.
  • glaeken 8 Oct 2014 11:35:15 11,265 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    No way I am watching another series of this after the third one. It was abysmal.
  • TarickStonefire 8 Oct 2014 13:31:12 3,429 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I thought the third series was the most entertaining and accessible. I thought the first season was utter guff, although enjoyable, and the second was kind of stupid, until they made it interesting with aliens.

But what do I know?

Edited by TarickStonefire at 13:31:44 08-10-2014

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• super-s1 8 Oct 2014 14:21:05 699 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    I found them enjoyable enough to watch this season. Kathy Bates was the best thing about last season though, even if you didn't like anything else about it?
  • wuntyphyve 8 Oct 2014 14:51:46 1,572 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 11 months ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    I thought the first season was utter guff
    This for me. I gave up with it halfway through, I thought it was dire. Way too much going on and it descended into farce most of the time. Is season 2 tighter and a little bit more low-key? Or is this the way it goes?
  • dr-gray 8 Oct 2014 14:53:31 553 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In hindsight series 1 was a good watch. In reality hardly anyone watched it weekly, and those who did really had to struggle through the middle of the series until it kicked off.
  • dr-gray 8 Oct 2014 14:56:40 553 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just hope they've thrown the "lets have this scene sideways and out of focus" guy out the fucking window.
  • Nanocrystal 9 Oct 2014 07:40:03 1,130 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Wunty_Phyve wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    This for me. I gave up with it halfway through, I thought it was dire. Way too much going on and it descended into farce most of the time. Is season 2 tighter and a little bit more low-key? Or is this the way it goes?
    Nope, if anything season 2 is even more of a farce. Nazi doctors, alien implants, exorcisms... it's great! A wonderful mess, there's really nothing else like it. I love this show.
  • MrSensible 9 Oct 2014 07:53:48 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Wunty_Phyve wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Nope, if anything season 2 is even more of a farce. Nazi doctors, alien implants, exorcisms... it's great! A wonderful mess, there's really nothing else like it. I love this show.
    Yeah Season 2 is ridiculous. The reason I like the first season is that I think you can see how they've sat down and wrote the thing out from start to finish, got the whole story worked out. Season 2 and 3 are the opposite, they seem to literally be making them up on the fly, letting key story points just disappear because they can't be arsed with them any longer and have no idea what to do with any of it.

lolaliens.
  • Darren 9 Oct 2014 08:23:55 9,076 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Love this series and the fact that every season is a different setting, story and characters but with many of the same actors. I did not realise season 4 had already started. Downloading now! :D

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• super-s1 9 Oct 2014 22:19:38 699 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    That clown is reason enough to give the series a chance. If the series goes more like the start of season 2 it could be excellent.
    Ha I just watched it. He pisses all over Penny Wise that's for sure!

(well, he doesn't really, as Penny wise is terrifying as hell, but in the dirty serial killer way he does)

Edited by super-s1 at 22:21:13 09-10-2014
  • MrSensible 9 Oct 2014 23:23:19 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It was... OK. Some aspects were really interesting, though all that orgy stuff was just ridiculous. I actually liked the clown, even though I thought that would be a bit too old hat.

Unsure on the Bowie bit as well! I kind of loved it and hated it all at once.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Oct 2014 10:26:27 8,258 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Bowie cover was fantastic! :D

So, so, so very weird, just the way I like this show.
  • Darren 10 Oct 2014 14:23:43 9,076 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Absolutely loved the season 4 opener and Jessica Lange, as always, is superb, even if her German accent wavers a little in places. Cannot fault her for trying though.

The premise has definite shades of the The X-Files "Humbug" episode from Season 2, which dealt with a Circus Freak Show. The two-headed Dot/Bette was superbly done and she was featured heavily surprisingly, as I would have thought it would be an expensive effect shot to do.

I enjoyed the musical number too but how on earth can Elsa be singing a David Bowie song, Life on Mars, in the 1950s! It's a minor point, I guess, but it looks like someone hasn't done their research properly. :confused:

My only real complaint with the episode was the musical score elsewhere which was so loud and overbearing in places that I was struggling to hear the dialogue.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Darren 10 Oct 2014 14:25:52 9,076 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    P.S. The clown was freaky as hell...wonder if he will ever talk as I must admit that I did think that was a mask he was wearing when I first saw him (well, OK, yes, I know it *is* a mask in reality but in the show that is how his mouth looks, being a "freak" and all that).

• Ged42 10 Oct 2014 14:34:52 7,804 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Enjoyed the first episode, especially the Bowie bit. The clown was really creepy and I couldn't figure out which parts were his face and which was the mask.

The only part I had a problem with was Kathy Bates' accent. Couldn't decide if it was Boston Irish or that weird Fargo accent.
  • dr-gray 10 Oct 2014 15:35:12 553 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    My only real complaint with the episode was the musical score elsewhere which was so loud and overbearing in places that I was struggling to hear the dialogue.

I find this more and more with (especially American) TV shows, they feel the need to have *constant* music which distracts from the audio.
  • MrSensible 10 Oct 2014 16:57:04 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dr-gray wrote:
    Darren wrote:

I find this more and more with (especially American) TV shows, they feel the need to have *constant* music which distracts from the audio.
    Normally I quite like this approach, but yeah in this case I often couldn't hear what was being said.
  • Mola_Ram 10 Oct 2014 22:37:44 8,258 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Darren wrote:
    I enjoyed the musical number too but how on earth can Elsa be singing a David Bowie song, Life on Mars, in the 1950s! It's a minor point, I guess, but it looks like someone hasn't done their research properly. :confused:
    Fairly sure that they would have known, and done it intentionally.

Why? Maybe no reason, but it would be cool if they had a young David Bowie attend the show at some point. This is where he got the ideas for his songs! Scary monsters, super freaks
  • TarickStonefire 11 Oct 2014 08:52:30 3,429 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah that isn't the sort of thing that slips by. They just won't have cared.

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• Ziz0u 11 Oct 2014 08:57:28 8,648 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Enjoyed that, especially the clown. Glad there's some horror back in American Horror Story after season 3: Witch Diaries.
  • Truant 16 Oct 2014 21:24:22 76 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Another good episode this week, really good introduction thats sure to upset these folk.

Fiona Apple was a great choice but I hope it isn't going to have a song every week.

Also carny Vic Mackey \o/
  • Mola_Ram 16 Oct 2014 22:06:43 8,258 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really, really didn't need to see under Twisty's mask. Ugh.
  • Mola_Ram 24 Oct 2014 11:14:09 8,258 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The scariest thing in this show is Kathy Bates's accent.

It's like half the time she's trying for some kind of Australian/South African mishmash, and the other half something from Baaawston.
  • GuiltySpark 24 Oct 2014 11:18:03 6,466 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's really strange isn't it? It's like halfway through a scene she thinks "Oh shit, I'm meant to have an accent!" and then does some super concentrated accent from... somewhere for a couple of sentences.

Get bent.

• MrSensible 24 Oct 2014 11:34:54 25,360 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought she was doing a North Western, Canadian border kind of thing.

Either way, I gave up on this after episode two.
  • Mola_Ram 24 Oct 2014 11:37:01 8,258 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I really like it. At the very least it looks sensational. And I love the Dandy and Twisty partnership.
  • Page

of 6 First / Last