Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Get out!

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• warlockuk 15 Oct 2012 22:27:37 19,171 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    evilashchris wrote:
    Whoever cancelled Carnivale needs taking outside and having their left testicle kicked inside-out. Amazing show.
    Agreed, I watched it again recently too... Bastards. Same with Deadwood, I loved that show. SWIDGEN!

Also still missed Odyssey 5. Fuckers.
    Caprica... actually grew on me as it progressed; shame that didn't get more episodes. It was getting decent.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• Darren 23 Oct 2012 14:08:19 8,838 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I am still bitter about SyFy cancelling Stargate Universe, the utter bastards! And the shit they show on that channel as well but then what can you expect from a channel that cannot even spell Sci Fi properly! ;)

Edited by Darren at 14:12:15 23-10-2012

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• nickthegun 23 Oct 2012 14:12:18 59,945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The problem is that it was boring. Dozens of people trapped aboard an advanced space ship on the other side of the galaxy and all they do is sit around and whine. By the time they realised that no one really wanted to see a half-baked BSG clone, it was too late.

---------------------------------------------------------
    someone say something funny

• Tonka 23 Oct 2012 14:22:47 20,440 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Cybertech PD
    ;_;

The pilot had so much going for it.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Steve_Perry 23 Oct 2012 14:23:16 4,266 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It certainly had its strengths, but plenty of weaknesses too.

Bobby Carlyle was brilliantly cast and showed up the rest of them with his acting ability. Most of the crew were 1D cardboard cut-out stereotypes (angry military man, token fat geek, fit dolly bird with no purpose etc).

The writing was all over the place too. Sometimes it was Stargate, sometimes it was BSG, it just never found its identity.

Still it could have gotten much better given a longer run, but I'm not sure it deserved it after the quality of the first two series.

VIVA STEFANSEN

• dominalien 23 Oct 2012 14:27:58 6,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The one I miss is My Name Is Earl. Granted, the 4th season was weaker than the previous ones, but it was still pretty good and the series had potential for more greatness, imo. This, along with IT Crowd, is my ultimate go to feel-good show. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• nickthegun 23 Oct 2012 14:28:43 59,945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The most disappointing thing was that they waited far, far, far too long to introduce what was, presumably, going to be the main ongoing storylines, the psychic alien things and the god signal.

If they had introduced them earlier and spent less time on the mysteries of the control room or fucking around with that stupid ship invasion plot im sure it would have sucked people in a lot more.

• glaeken 23 Oct 2012 15:20:10 11,177 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It was actually starting to get good just as they ended it.

For me the problem was the magic stones. There should never have been any connection back to Earth and all the old Stargate stuff. They totally killed a lot of the premise by being able to pop home and visit all the time.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 15:23:29
    There are strong rumours circulating that the next series of Community won't actually come out and the whole thing's cancelled. Apparently they got hugely negative feedback on previews of the premiere episode, so delayed it. It now sounds like it's delayed "indefinitely".
  • jellyhead 23 Oct 2012 15:25:37 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Bum, i loved S1 & 2 of Community. Oh well, serves me right for not liking the dross most of the masses do. I've always been an outlier.

Carnivale and Odyssey 5... :(

This signature intentionally left blank.

• nickthegun 23 Oct 2012 15:27:50 59,945 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    The one I miss is My Name Is Earl. Granted, the 4th season was weaker than the previous ones, but it was still pretty good and the series had potential for more greatness, imo. This, along with IT Crowd, is my ultimate go to feel-good show. :-)
    Watch Raising Hope. It’s a similar ‘poor people done good’ morality tale by the same people, set in a shared(ish) universe.

• kalel 23 Oct 2012 15:30:02 87,700 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Community lost its way a bit in S3 for me, so not massively surprised or even that disappointed it's gone.
  • Deleted user 23 October 2012 15:31:39
    Well, it's not necessarily gone yet, just circulating rumours. But the fact the new series was supposed to start a couple of weeks ago, but they pulled it and still haven't announced a new date yet is pretty telling.
  • Blotto 23 Oct 2012 15:33:00 2,776 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Season 3 was still good but I was worried about the quality now Dan Harmon and other writers aren't involved.

Possibly for the best, I'd rather 3 amazing seasons on their own than a poor quality fourth.
  • jellyhead 23 Oct 2012 15:37:42 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Blotto I agree. Better to leave with a bang than to fade away.
    There again it seems that most US series are driven into the ground by their use as vehicles for franchising the 'brand' across networks. Squeeze the last few lashes out of the dead horse before allowing it to die so to speak.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Blotto 23 Oct 2012 15:51:03 2,776 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    To be honest, the little video announcing that the show was postponed had me a bit worried. Admittedly it's difficult to be funny and convey the tone of the show in something like that but it all felt a little.. off.

Not saying I'm judging the quality of the season on that but like I said, I'd rather it quit whilst it's still streets ahead.
  • dominalien 28 Oct 2012 01:03:35 6,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    dominalien wrote:
    Watch Raising Hope. It’s a similar ‘poor people done good’ morality tale by the same people, set in a shared(ish) universe.
    Thank you for this. Best advice I got this month. :-)

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 28 October 2012 14:38:46
    Raising Hope is an ace show.
  • Page

of 3 First / Last

Next