Next generation of consoles come in Page 121

• Page

of 402 First / Last

• roz123 5 Apr 2013 10:08:15 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The new Xbox needs to be always on, it needs to be always online and it needs a new high resolution kinect camera. This way it can detect when you have your cock out and beam the images directly to Steve Ballmer.
  • glaeken 5 Apr 2013 10:10:42 11,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    So just to confirm Microsoft have still not announced anything at all yet and people are still getting upset about unsubstantiated rumours?
  • mcmonkeyplc 5 Apr 2013 10:12:01 39,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    glaeken wrote:
    So just to confirm Microsoft have still not announced anything at all yet and people are still getting upset about unsubstantiated rumours?
    Are you new to the internet or something? :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Roddles 5 Apr 2013 10:12:07 1,774 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yep.

There's absolutely no way it'll be always on. At most it'll be like Steam auth servers, but even then I highly doubt it now Sony have shown their cards.
  • glaeken 5 Apr 2013 10:18:23 11,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I am sure that will be the case. It's funny really to see people already saying they are getting the PS4 when we don't even know what Microsoft have to offer yet. Once they announce the new fellatio interface I suspect that will change everything.
  • nickthegun 5 Apr 2013 10:23:38 58,851 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The thing is, its almost 'always on' now. Loads of DLC and the like wont work on the 360 if your internets is down.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Latin 5 Apr 2013 10:23:42 3,597 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @glaeken

There's no smoke without fire

Also

If it looks like a duck, and quacks like a duck, we have at least to consider the possibility that we have a small aquatic bird of the family anatidae on our hands.

I've had both xboxs, use windows at work/at home, planning on getting the surface pro and even recently bought a windows phone so am in no way anti Microsoft. But if this online always mularky is part of the nextbox, I'm out.
  • the_dudefather 5 Apr 2013 10:24:52 9,202 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You guys are forgetting all the benefits that consumers get from always online games, such as

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• glaeken 5 Apr 2013 10:27:05 11,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Latin Well obviously we have not all seen it like you have.

For most of us we have been told it looks like a duck and quacks like a duck by someone who has not actually seen the duck but might know someone who has.
  • Latin 5 Apr 2013 10:32:16 3,597 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @glaeken I obviously haven't seen anything, hence the IF, and frankly I don't want to switch from xbox because of my xbox live account etc. but IF there's a load of quacking happening when it's announced, then I'm not hanging about to listen to it.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Apr 2013 10:33:30 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Do people with 670/680 gtx cards and core i5/i7 expect to have to upgrade when the baseline shifts from 360 to PS4, or will you be safe?

I know the GPU should be ok but the PS4 with 8gb of GDDR5 available system wide could produce a bottleneck that will require an upgrade of some description.

Not necessarily better, but different enough systemically to require the PC to need to brute force ports with sheer power.

Wondering whether to save for a PC.

Edited by bitch_tits_zero_nine at 10:35:03 05-04-2013
  • glaeken 5 Apr 2013 10:33:55 11,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @anthonypappa They managed to almost hold their own second time around? That is what you call over taking the market leader(of course if we forget the whole waggle console thing) whose position looked unassailable?

Simple put we don't have the full story yet. Until we do it's silly to declare anything as in front. We don't know what we are comparing.

The biggest thing for me so far is yes the PS4 looks good on that face of it but what are the games going to be? That is after all why I have a console. I am much more interested in seeing what games will be on offer really than looking at spec lists.

I don't actually think there will be too much difference when it comes to hardware spec between the two and it will really come down to the games and any special sauce type features unique to one or the other. Sony and MS will have been well aware of what each of them are doing so the likelihood of one of them having a significant lead on the hardware front is slim

Edited by glaeken at 10:41:50 05-04-2013
  • roz123 5 Apr 2013 10:47:10 7,112 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I get the feeling that owning a PS4 and an Xbox3 will be as pointless as owning two toasters.
  • Latin 5 Apr 2013 10:47:35 3,597 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Games are obviously the most important, but MS have gradually moved their focus from games and I don't even think they consider the xbox 360 a gaming console, more of a media hub...

Sony seem to be going back to games with the PS4... PS+ looks like a great deal for gamers and their in house games are generally accepted to be more creative and better than MS (apart from Halo, which is my favourite series of all time).
  • JiveHound 5 Apr 2013 10:57:26 2,346 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    It's going to take more than Halo this time around for me to get an xbox next.

The Playstation 4 is looking to be a real possibility for my money.

Until MS show their cards though, who knows?

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Apr 2013 10:59:52 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yep, I'm finding the PS4 the more exciting of the two tbh. I don't like the sound of having Kinect integrated more closely tbh. I prefer to play videogames quite close to the screen.
  • graysonavich 5 Apr 2013 11:01:13 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    Do people with 670/680 gtx cards and core i5/i7 expect to have to upgrade when the baseline shifts from 360 to PS4, or will you be safe?
    LOL no. If you have a 670/680 you're safe until the Play Stations 5/neXtneXtboX
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Apr 2013 11:02:25 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    :D I hope you're right.
  • RedSparrows 5 Apr 2013 11:02:46 22,069 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I too find the PS4 more exciting, but that's because I have no idea what the new Xbox does. Funny that.

You lot really can talk a lot of hot air.
  • graysonavich 5 Apr 2013 11:03:27 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    bitch_tits_zero_nine wrote:
    :D I hope you're right.
    I'm rarely wrong. It's a curse tbh.
  • dominalien 5 Apr 2013 11:04:11 6,839 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    The PS4 that no one has seen.
    Neither have we seen the new Xbox.

Let's just see what they say it's going to be like, instead of burning cars and smashing shop windows based on rumours.

PSN: DonOsito

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 5 Apr 2013 11:06:01 6,654 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RedSparrows wrote:
    I too find the PS4 more exciting, but that's because I have no idea what the new Xbox does. Funny that.

You lot really can talk a lot of hot air.
    Bullshit speculation is fun
  • glaeken 5 Apr 2013 11:08:58 11,102 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    At the moment I find the nextbox more exciting than the PS4. It's that whole not knowing thing. The nextbox has a real air of mystery about it that the PS4 just cannot match since it was announced and we have all these boring details on it.
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 11:09:17
    The three things for me at the mo is Destiny, battlefield 4 and Diablo 3. Which ever console does these best gets my money.

Also if Destiny is released before the next x box is out then I will get ps4. There is no chance I'm buying bf4 or Destiny on the current gen, will be handicapped versions.
  • mcmonkeyplc 5 Apr 2013 11:11:44 39,387 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    mcmonkeyplc wrote:
    The PS4 that no one has seen.
    Neither have we seen the new Xbox.

Let's just see what they say it's going to be like, instead of burning cars and smashing shop windows based on rumours.
    Well yeah, that's the point I was making...whilst also joining in the burning of cars cause it's fun :)

Come and get it cumslingers!

• Zizoo 5 Apr 2013 11:12:41 8,115 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pepsipop wrote:
    The three things for me at the mo is Destiny, battlefield 4 and Diablo 3. Which ever console does these best gets my money.

Also if Destiny is released before the next x box is out then I will get ps4. There is no chance I'm buying bf4 or Destiny on the current gen, will be handicapped versions.
    I see you're finally using a real picture of yourself. ;)
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 11:18:30
    I just felt bad, I couldn't continue the lie! :(
    On the plus side I've got no kids, I'm young, single, jobless and very very sexual. :)
  • atomicjuicer 5 Apr 2013 11:19:55 299 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    On the front page and on reddit everyone is bitching about always on but their arguments are weak.

Here is a strong argument that no one is making: we can play 90s games today but if they'd had always on those games wouldn't be playable today.

"Dedicated" servers get deactivated after a few years.

How will we play our games then?
  • Page

of 402 First / Last