Homeland - US Pace Page 15

• Page

of 18 First / Last

• craigy Staff 25 Nov 2013 22:10:20 7,779 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found all of this stuff from this week pretty funny -- Saul being super earnest about there being no real dialogue between Tehran and Washington for thirty years, then look what happens in the news this week. Historic talks!

Cancel the incursion, chaps! Obama beat ya to it!

Also, gotta love a good training montage.
  • mrpon 25 Nov 2013 22:18:12 29,430 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Did I hear right, Ackbar? :D

Give yourself 5 or gig, you're worth it.

• Mola_Ram 26 Nov 2013 01:58:06 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Gotta be a montaaaage

Aside from the absurdity of someone going from junkie to gym junkie in little over 3 weeks, the plan itself is just so absolutely bonkers that I am shocked anyone is going along with it.

And Lockhart using Mossad to spy on Saul? What? Why?
  • mrcrumley 27 Nov 2013 17:34:56 381 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I love the way that Brody didn't give two shits about seeing his son! Twas all about his daughter, and after the emotional exchange he shot off and couldn't even be bothered to shut her door! Terrible manners.
  • oceanmotion 27 Nov 2013 17:54:24 16,090 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ridiculous but I've got to see if it works and funny about recent events in real life.

Thank god it was a montage, I was dreading weeks of Brody going through withdrawal.

Carrie taking Brody out for a drive to see her daughter, has nobody learned anything. Just let the asset walk right out with her of all people!
  • Mola_Ram 27 Nov 2013 20:38:03 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    mrcrumley wrote:
    I love the way that Brody didn't give two shits about seeing his son! Twas all about his daughter, and after the emotional exchange he shot off and couldn't even be bothered to shut her door! Terrible manners.
    Wait, he has a son?
  • mrcrumley 28 Nov 2013 16:15:16 381 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    mrcrumley wrote:
    Wait, he has a son?
    I think his name is Carl or Craig. Everyone hates him. Really needy.
  • Mola_Ram 3 Dec 2013 03:01:17 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I liked the latest episode! Yes, the mission is still absolutely ridiculous, but it was a tense bit of action nonetheless.
  • oceanmotion 10 Dec 2013 12:14:49 16,090 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The last two episodes while silly have been quite entertaining. I'm enjoying them skipping days instead of dragging it out which makes it better. Not sure what Brody was up to in the last episode, was it really the long game ?

Next week should be entertaining again.

Edited by oceanmotion at 12:15:58 10-12-2013
  • monkehhh 10 Dec 2013 22:46:57 3,477 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Enjoying this ridiculousness!

I killed him (with an ashtray). Get me out of here.
  • Iain815 10 Dec 2013 23:22:18 437 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm loving this now. That last episode was bloody intense.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Dec 2013 14:25:45 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I hope that he somehow, improbably gets away alive. But also that he doesn't. I don't know anymore; the guy is never ever ever going to be going back to the US now.

I also don't understand why having Javadi in there is going to be such a good thing. Won't the Iranians blame the Americans for the assassination? Won't he just get vetoed by the Supreme Leader or elder council or something?
  • Mola_Ram 14 Dec 2013 10:15:44 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The last episode is out... in, uh, the usual places.

I wonder what Iranians think of this show. It seems to portray most of them as bloodthirsty psychos.

I mean... the politics of this is just... but even when you discount the implicit justification of assassination almost as a diplomatic tool, the logistics of it just boggle the mind.

Why on earth do the Iranians think Brody would kill their security chief? I would take it as a given that it was the Americans, and I'd be pretty fucking livid if I were an Iranian leader. No amount of "NOTHING TO SEE HERE, FOLKS" from Javadi would be enough to convince me otherwise.

But hey, Brody's dead. Imo the show will be better off without him. Hopefully the next season is an improvement.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 10:25:47 14-12-2013
  • customfirmware 15 Dec 2013 22:17:03 822 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Carrie needs to die already.
  • Carlo 15 Dec 2013 22:22:13 18,179 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That season 3 Done.

Not quite the ending like Sons of Anarchy :/

PSN ID: Djini

• Mola_Ram 15 Dec 2013 22:36:33 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, it wasn't like SoA, in that it didn't go on for 5 hours.
  • Carlo 15 Dec 2013 22:59:19 18,179 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It lacked the explosive (*wink*) ending like the last season, and the first one too from memory!

It was less than I'd expected, that's all.

• Mola_Ram 15 Dec 2013 23:07:10 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, it wasn't great. But I welcome our new, Brody-less future and, by extension, a future without Dany, Jessica, or that other loser kid that nobody cares about.
  • Iain815 16 Dec 2013 16:31:57 437 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Even though I can't stand them, I was surprised they didn't give the Brody family some sort of closure after his death.

On a side note, that end credits music from Sean Callery was lovely.
  • Scurrminator 16 Dec 2013 16:39:23 8,459 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    does this have the dexter writers working on it?
    we had such great plots as 'Quinn wants to retire' and 'Dan's crazy boyfriend' that just got shitcanned - useless side plots that distract from the things people actually want to see.

Edited by Scurrminator at 16:39:47 16-12-2013

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Darren 16 Dec 2013 18:47:22 9,042 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I thought it was a sad finale but I guess it was inevitable that it would end that way for one of the characters. I really thought that was the last episode of the series as well as it felt like closure but, nope, it has apparently been renewed for a fourth season. I guess it is going to be completely different at least now that two of the main characters have been "retired". Seasons 2 and 3 of Homeland have been nowhere near as good as the first and if I'm honest that this season has been the weakest with some uneven pacing and pointless subplots (like the Dana stuff for example). It's like the Brody family stuff was included only because they didn't have enough to pad out 12 episodes with.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• craigy Staff 17 Dec 2013 07:38:00 7,779 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Gosh, that finale hit me right in the feels.

Carrie has no baby-daddy, which is heartbreaking for the little one. Will Quinn try and fill Brody's shoes in that regard? Wouldn't be surprised if we find out he followed Carrie to Istanbul to be close to her.
  • mikew1985 17 Dec 2013 08:01:44 12,986 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I genuinely thought that was the last episode ever upon viewing. Would hav ebeen a fitting enough end.

I don't really see why they're bothering to continue it now. I mean it could be interesting but it's likely just going to continue the downward spiral :/
  • Mola_Ram 17 Dec 2013 08:03:30 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    No, Brody is dead, and his family is not coming back. There is nowhere to go but up.
  • MrE26 17 Dec 2013 08:27:26 1,971 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It did feel like a proper close to the show, would have been a good way to end it. Last few episodes were really good, after a dull as fuck first half. It'll be interesting to see where they go from here.
  • Carlo 17 Dec 2013 09:16:58 18,179 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mrcrumley wrote:
    Not very British!

• Darren 17 Dec 2013 12:13:06 9,042 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Carlo wrote:
    mrcrumley wrote:
    Not very British!
    I guess that he only saw Dana because he'd heard she'd tried to kill herself otherwise he would have kept away from her too.

It's a sad end to Brody though to think that his family would forever think of him as a traitor to his country when he actually redeemed himself. Carrie tried to make sure he got acknowledgement for what he did but couldn't. I hope the fourth season has a scene or makes mention of Carrie telling Jessica, Dana and so on about what Brody really did because at the moment it feels like he has not had the ending he deserved. I think there should have been a scene where Carrie was talking to Jessica, Dana and co to resolve their storyline because they pretty much disappeared from all the episodes about three-quarters of the way throgh the season.

PS3, PS4, PS Vita, Wii U, Xbox One, PC (Intel Core i7-4770K, 16 GB, 4 GB EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 SC, Windows 8.1 Pro), iPad 4, iPad mini with Retina Display.

• Mola_Ram 17 Dec 2013 12:16:10 8,005 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't think I've ever seen a show where assassinating someone is supposed to be heroic.

But hey, apparently this one brought about world peace, so what do I know.

Actually, the more I think about it, the dodgier I find it. Perhaps the news article about the nuke deals at the end was added in after it happened in real life, to make the show appear more "current". But it makes it even sillier, if anything - it absolutely beggars belief that peace could have come as the result of a targeted assassination.

Maybe when the writers learned that this was Obama's favourite show, they put all of the anti-iran stuff in there to try and goad him to attack.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 12:37:17 17-12-2013
  • CosmicFuzz 17 Dec 2013 15:38:15 25,305 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But that was the point of this season I think. To show the murkyness of the CIA. That what they consider a win doesn't always feel like one, that's what Brodie himself said in the safe house.

Season wise, it was a pretty dire first half, but managed to ramp up the quality for the second. Ending wise, it had to happen for the show to remain viable. I'm actually looking forward to season 4 more than I was season 3.

How patches are ruining the future of gaming My thoughts.

• craigy Staff 17 Dec 2013 17:24:45 7,779 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The political stance of the show has basically flipped -- to the point where political assassinations are seen as worthy, and the CIA are the good guys.

Remember when the show was all about how hypocritical the Western world is with it's drone strikes that murder innocent children? Now everyone's patting themselves on the back for bringing about peace by throwing Brody to the wolves. America, fuck yeah, business as usual.

A show that used to point the finger at aggressive American military tactics is now propaganda for clandestine American operations.
  • Page

of 18 First / Last