A Good Day To Die Hard Page 9

• Page

of 10 First / Last

• GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 10:44:49 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    You can't have a proper opinion on something you haven't seen. That's the bottom line. See it, then whinge about it. Easy.
    Yes I can. That's the bottom line. It's not Star Trek pure and simple and until real Star Trek reclaims its name I refuse to see it.
  • Lukus 18 Feb 2013 10:47:17 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're mentally challenged.

Paintings & Photographs

• Deleted user 18 February 2013 10:47:54
    I imagine you have a wall covered with Shatner pictures, surrounded by candles in the shape of phasers, you wearing an original Trek uniform with Diana Vickers' skin over the top.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 10:48:22 8,284 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Yes please do shut up about it.
    Watch it and then come and say that and people will have more patience for it but you can't say someone has ruined something having never seen it.
    It's got 95% on RT so I don't understand how or where you get the perception that it's shit having never seen it.

You dare to strike Scurrcules!?

• Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 10:49:12 8,284 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    You can't have a proper opinion on something you haven't seen. That's the bottom line. See it, then whinge about it. Easy.
    Yes I can.
    No; you really can't.
    You're an idiot.

• Deleted user 18 February 2013 10:50:42
    I assume the only way it could be real trek is if the original cast came back.

Wouldn't watching a bunch of 80 year olds/dead people in space be awesome.
  • GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 10:52:00 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Yes please do shut up about it.
    Watch it and then come and say that and people will have more patience for it but you can't say someone has ruined something having never seen it.
    It's got 95% on RT so I don't understand how or where you get the perception that it's shit having never seen it.
    I didn't say its shit, I said its not Star Trek it's stolen the name for the sake of making a Hollywood buck.
  • Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 10:53:06 8,284 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Then in theory you could watch the first 30 seconds as that's set in the prime universe.

• riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 10:53:21 592 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Lukus wrote:
    Yes I can. That's the bottom line. It's not Star Trek pure and simple and until real Star Trek reclaims its name I refuse to see it.
    are you worried you might like it?

you sound like a repressed homosexual.
  • GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 11:02:12 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:

Their story is over, but no... you don't seem to get my objection, it is not the recast it is the complete fuckup of the timeline and the removal of any urgency or nessesity to do anything, once you start messing arround with the multiverse nothing is persistent every one lives and every one dies their is no consequences, I just don't get the point in following an arbitrarily chosen universe. Its not the universe I care about.
  • GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 11:03:14 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Then in theory you could watch the first 30 seconds as that's set in the prime universe.
    Yeah I saw that bit
  • Deleted user 18 February 2013 11:07:37
    I hope you cunts know that GiarcYekrub is how myself and most others imagine all trek fans.
  • Deleted user 18 February 2013 11:10:22
    Thanks for stating the blindly obvious Mowgli. Don't you have some depressed people to goad into killing themselves?
  • Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 11:11:48 8,284 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Yeah I saw that bit
    I was joking. This makes you even more of an idiot.
    Are you that fat guy on youtube that's always ranting at his computer about video games?

• Deleted user 18 February 2013 11:12:34
    Richie? He was speaking shite for attention. He just wants us all to know how deep and understanding he is.
  • Lukus 18 Feb 2013 11:17:32 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:

Their story is over, but no... you don't seem to get my objection, it is not the recast it is the complete fuckup of the timeline and the removal of any urgency or nessesity to do anything, once you start messing arround with the multiverse nothing is persistent every one lives and every one dies their is no consequences, I just don't get the point in following an arbitrarily chosen universe. Its not the universe I care about.
    How about you watch it as a non Star Trek film then? YOU STUPID OBTUSE CUNT OF A COCK. :)

Edited by Lukus at 11:17:51 18-02-2013

Paintings & Photographs

• Zizoo 18 Feb 2013 11:19:53 7,705 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    He's defending its honor.
  • GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 11:20:16 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Don't get me wrong I was against Enterprise for the same reasons as I'm against JJTrek, however Season 4 redeemed it so I'm not saying JJTrek is beyond redemption just rather irrelevent unless the tie it to the franchise with more than just the title
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 11:20:49 592 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    and i'm defending the spelling of honour :-P
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 11:22:20 592 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @GiarcYekrub

i bet you got your knickers in a twist because the opening credits had vocals to the music. am i right?
  • Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 11:23:49 8,284 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Don't get me wrong I was against Enterprise for the same reasons as I'm against JJTrek, however Season 4 redeemed it so I'm not saying JJTrek is beyond redemption just rather irrelevent unless the tie it to the franchise with more than just the title
    There's more to it than just the title. It has Spock there, proper Spock!

• Scurrminator Moderator 18 Feb 2013 11:24:07 8,284 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Also DIE HARD!

• GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 11:24:09 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Lukus wrote:
    GiarcYekrub wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:

How about you watch it as a non Star Trek film then? YOU STUPID OBTUSE CUNT OF A COCK. :)
    Whether I like it or not is irrelevent. I believe its existance threatens the future of the franchise and is blocking real Star Trek being produced.
    I do not want to contribute to that in any form, be it as a TV Viewer,DVD rental/sale,cinema ticket or as a Torrent contributer.
  • Lukus 18 Feb 2013 11:25:11 18,955 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    In the same way I've boycotted Diana Vickers as an affront to music you mean?

Paintings & Photographs

• AcidSnake 18 Feb 2013 11:27:09 7,138 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @GiantYekrub:
    "Real" Star Trek is dead, you must see that?
    JJ brought it back for many...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• GiarcYekrub 18 Feb 2013 11:28:06 3,583 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Scurrminator wrote:
    Also DIE HARD!
    Yes Die Hard, thinking about it I think I'd of enjoyed the ending better if I wasn't thinking about the Radiation everywhere, yeah they sprayed some magic spray in one room but I was quite concerned
  • riceNpea 18 Feb 2013 11:28:49 592 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Scurrminator

oh yeah, Die Hard. big piece of sell-out shit movie making aimed at the lowest common denominator that i can only believe is from set in the same other universe as New Trek.

i know this because i haven't watched it.
  • RedSparrows 18 Feb 2013 11:29:40 20,753 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new Star Trek got 95% on RT?

Pfft.

It's fun but it's hardly anything special.
  • Deleted user 18 February 2013 11:31:45
    I thought the new ST was awesome and I enjoyed (from what I remember) the previous films and what little I saw of the various series.
  • RichieTenenbaum 18 Feb 2013 11:34:30 2,157 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I don't want to rant about Star Trek here, it's a Die Hard thread. But I think it's actually quite a relevant film to bring into the discussion as both of the new films (ST/DH) miss the mark in the same way.

It's the fact that they're not interested about anything other than being stupid dumb action pictures. They both have a complete lack of ambition.

And despite the fact they have way more 'action' than their originals, they are both insufferably dull compared to them. If everything is blowing up all the time there is no tension. The Pixes didn't play LOUD LOUD LOUD
  • Page

of 10 First / Last