The Walking Dead Page 4

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• fletch7100 1 Jul 2012 07:35:31 7,356 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Last decision you had to make in episode 1, only myself and 23% made the same choice. Like to see how different everything plays out if I made the opposite choice

Just started part 2, first 5 mins WTF great start :)

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:46:53 01-07-2012
  • Deleted user 4 July 2012 03:18:33
    Episode 2 is great, had me on the edge of my seat, don't want to spoil anything, just buy it.
  • Deleted user 5 July 2012 22:26:34
    Woah.

Episode 2 was seriously amazing. Seriously tense in parts and some hugely unexpected scenes.

I'm actually going back to the first episode to see what happens if I save Doug over Carley
  • AaronTurner 5 Jul 2012 22:29:54 7,786 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    This is fantastic, so simple but brilliant. I had written Tell Tale off as boring with a poor sense of humour but this series is just brilliant.

Is Jurassic Park that bad??
  • richardiox 5 Jul 2012 23:07:42 5,640 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just to add to the acclaim. I finished both over the weekend and was blown away by how unexpectedly good it was. EP1 was great but EP2...haven't felt that involved in a games story ever before I don't think. And I don't watch/read TWD either.

Brilliant acting and the cell shaded style works very well. Some really annoying performance issues though, hope they iron them out for the next 3.

Been hyping it to all my mates as a real gem, so much better than you think it's going to be.

For those that have finished 2, anyone care to elaborate (with spoiler tags) what the cam footage at the end showed? My kitten decided to attack me at that exact moment!
  • the_dudefather 5 Jul 2012 23:13:57 9,327 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    For those that have finished 2, anyone care to elaborate (with spoiler tags) what the cam footage at the end showed? My kitten decided to attack me at that exact moment!

The woman you found at the camp has been watching the motel for some time, talking about how she's going to 'save' Clem or something

(ง ͠ ͟ʖ ͡)

• Deleted user 6 July 2012 00:07:30
    the_dudefather wrote:
    richardiox wrote:

The woman you found at the camp has been watching the motel for some time, talking about how she's going to 'save' Clem or something
    It also showed, or at least implied:

Her being raped by the raiders who worked at the superstore, and how she knew them before the 'outbreak'. Think this was supposed to explain her hatred of men that she espoused very forcefully during the showdown.

Also explains how she had Clem's hat by essentially being a stalker and must have gained access to the motel at some point.

Edited by HurbleBurble at 00:07:58 06-07-2012
  • HMAN 9 Jul 2012 00:01:41 269 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just finished second episode and totally agree with richardiox. Without a doubt one of the most engaging and absorbing gaming experiences I've ever had. Can't wait for the next episode (damn this release format!) but I guess it give me time for another play through of 1 and 2 to see how other choices may pan out.
  • ZuluHero 9 Jul 2012 01:22:47 4,202 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished it now. Awesome, awesome game. The story has me on the edge of my seat. Can't wait to see how my choices in this affect my relationships in episode 3!
  • Ultrasoundwave 9 Jul 2012 09:55:26 3,339 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Finished episode 1 last night and immediately set episode 2 to download.

Loved it. I'll admit i rolled my eyes when Telltale came out and said "we're focusing on characters, emotions and story for The Walking Dead", however they have managed to shut me right up.

This game perfectly mixes in those elements with good action, surprising levels of violence and solid gameplay. I was a little bit let down by Back to the Future, i was very disappointed with Jurassic Park, but Telltale have got The Walking Dead absolutely spot on.

The fact that people keep saying Episode 2 is even better means i genuinely have a buzz on for it. Looking forward to starting it tonight!

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• fletch7100 9 Jul 2012 10:46:33 7,356 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Episode 2 is great. If they carry on the standard of making you feel connected to the story, then GOTY for me

Do a 2nd playthrough once all episodes have been released
  • RedSparrows 9 Jul 2012 10:55:26 23,310 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I played the demo of Ep 1 last night, and really liked it.

CURSES.

I want to buy it, but I also want to wait until they are all out so I can play without a break in story... and for a sale ;)
  • BeheretiK 10 Jul 2012 09:17:05 883 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Based on the comments in here decided to buy this yesterday and then proceeded to play both episodes in one go. And all I can say, is WOW, what absolutely intense, gripping interactive entertainment. To be honest they have a big job to improve on episode 2, which was just excellent. Although, if they continue to improve then yeah, I can see this being GOTY contender for me. I think the thing that they get right more than anything is that there are no easy or even correct choices. All decisions are tough and is going to hurt, upset or even kill someone.

I think the two decisions that really summed up the difficult choices for me, other than the Carly/Doug (I chose Doug btw) choice in EP1, was the Larry one and then the last provisions in the car one. Impossible decisions - in both cases you can see both sides but you have to choose a side. Still thinking about it now and wondering if I made the right choices. Or how it is going to play out in future episodes...

3DS: 5241-1899-2292

• caligari 13 Jul 2012 12:38:14 17,077 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Err, could anyone help me out here, please?

I've just picked up Episode 2 via Xbox Live to continue my story, but it is not recognising my save game from the first episode. The save game is definitely still there, so I'm not sure why this is happening.

I've looked for help on the Telltale Forums, and have seen that others
    have had a similar problem - with no solution from Telltale.

A real bummer as I loved the first episode - I don't want to play the second episode with a load of randomly generated shite.

edit: ah, found the solution - I originally played through (or possibly purchased) the game on the Xbox that I have at my girlfriend's place. For some reason it will only recognise the save-game on that console - even if I carry everything across to my other machine via a USB stick. Strange glitch, but I'm happy!

I sped through the episode - great game, but it doesn't really engage my brain as much as I'd like it to. The 'puzzles' all have very obvious solutions - but hey, I still had fun watching the chaos unfold.

Edited by caligari at 01:14:21 14-07-2012
  • Ka-blamo 15 Jul 2012 16:24:57 7,472 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I just finished episode 1, I enjoyed it and will buy episode 2 soon judging by the comments of it being better than the first.

My only concern is that it's a little easy and feel im just watching an interactive movie on the mega CD, okay maybe thats a little unfair but I feel the general feel of dread would be heightened if I had more control in batle that I can potentially lose.
  • heavy_salad 15 Jul 2012 17:08:53 729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I sped through the episode - great game, but it doesn't really engage my brain as much as I'd like it to. The 'puzzles' all have very obvious solutions - but hey, I still had fun watching the chaos unfold.
    I'm not sure it would work as well with tricky puzzles, like those you'd normally find in a point and click adventure. I think the fact it keeps moving at a fast pace helps it - if you got bogged down trying to work out obscure puzzles I think the atmosphere would suffer as a result.
  • Brave_Dave 20 Jul 2012 05:03:03 103 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Really enjoyed this. They've struck a fine ballance of QTE and relaxed point n clickyness. Never frustrating and moves at a fast pace, it's not very demanding but it's all about the experience. Time to play through again, as a cunt this time!
  • richardiox 21 Aug 2012 09:30:34 5,640 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Telltale said episode 3 would be out this month but it's all been quiet. Wonder what the chances are of seeing hit the marketplace in the next ten days?
  • andytheadequate 21 Aug 2012 09:41:38 8,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Telltale said episode 3 would be out this month but it's all been quiet. Wonder what the chances are of seeing hit the marketplace in the next ten days?
    Damn you, when I saw this thread bumped I assumed that they had announced a release date!

This game is the surprise hit of the year for me. I had never heard of the walking dead before the game came out (I live a sheltered life), and usually dislike zombie based games/ films/ comics. I'd also written Telltale off as a bit average.

Utterly brilliant, I just hope the quality is kept up for the rest of them.
  • kingnothing12 22 Aug 2012 11:52:34 571 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well they did say mid-August so they are behind again. Whats the betting it doesn't even get released this month.
  • heavy_salad 22 Aug 2012 13:45:04 729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think I read they wanted to release on all 3 formats at the same time, so at a guess it's the PS 3 version holding it back.
  • richardiox 22 Aug 2012 16:29:47 5,640 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fucking hell if we're waiting for the PS3 version may as well settle in for a long wait. Even if it's finished Sony EU will fuck up the PSN release.

The fact August is nearly over and we haven't had a sniff of a date means it will be a while away yet.

I don't want massive gaps in an episodic game based mainly on the strength of its story otherwise I'll lose touch with the characters and it will lose momentum.
  • billythekid 22 Aug 2012 16:38:28 11,203 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    I don't want massive gaps in an episodic game based mainly on the strength of its story otherwise I'll lose touch with the characters and it will lose momentum.
    This, it was initially meant to be every four weeks wasn't it?
  • neilka 22 Aug 2012 16:43:35 16,262 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's the second longest wait between episodes two and three of an episodic game, by a margin of about five years.
  • Oh-Bollox 23 Aug 2012 12:29:28 5,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Why don't they overestimate the time it will take, and disappoint people a little, rather than underestimate and piss people off.
  • Lexx87 23 Aug 2012 12:32:27 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You could like, play something else until it's ready. It's not like you're all short on games to play!

Speak the truth hussy!

• DSR3 23 Aug 2012 12:53:49 267 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I heard it was finished on the Telltale forums but no date yet.
  • Oh-Bollox 28 Aug 2012 00:53:00 5,327 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Episode 3 to be released "imminently" according to the blog. Some new screens and a new trailer.
  • Page

of 21 First / Last