The Walking Dead Page 8

• Page

of 21 First / Last

• richardiox 5 Sep 2012 22:29:08 5,677 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I reckon the save game problem you've had is linked to the DRM / multiple consoles problem. It's shit but doubt it effects your average user. Read afew of those links and most people having save file problems seemed to have copied save files across devices / to cloud etc

There's obviously an issue but using this thread as a straw poll it's obvious it's not wide spread. Google isn't representative as people don't create threads to say they didn't have a problem with save games.

Anyway, I suggest you just start a fresh on the console you originally bought it on as it's a great game. If you've got a new console make sure you've done the MS DRM transfer on the XBL website.
  • caligari 5 Sep 2012 22:40:33 17,085 posts
    Seen 32 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I'll wait until all five episodes have been released. Repeating the game from the start after each release gets tiresome rather quickly. :)

They seem to be fairly short chapters, so I'm hoping that I can play all five in 'one sitting' in the near future - at least then I hopefully won't have to rely on the borked save system.

There's always the chance that TellTale will 'patch up' a few of the other bugs/niggles in that time, too.
  • Oh-Bollox 7 Sep 2012 00:22:09 5,332 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    According to Telltale's Twitter, SCEE has passed it and a release date is imminent.
  • Oh-Bollox 7 Sep 2012 23:30:05 5,332 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Had one game breaking camera bug, which did not repeat. Other than that episode 3 is quality.
  • Dave_McCoy 8 Sep 2012 00:37:02 2,793 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Oh-Bollox Was it about halfway through? On the train after a conversation with Clementine? Spoilered just in case.

One of my other bugs was that no achievements unlocked after about a third of the way in. Never mind, can always go back for them.
  • Oh-Bollox 8 Sep 2012 01:03:26 5,332 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yes! A quit and reload solved it.
  • Shikasama 8 Sep 2012 11:10:51 7,010 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I wonder if TellTale will pick up another franchise after this or carrying on with TWD. This one has been by far their best.
  • ZuluHero 9 Sep 2012 07:43:52 4,213 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ok, just finished ep3 on ps3. I normally do these in 2 sittings but this time I did it in one. Just couldn't put it down!

Emotional or what. Being a father of a 5 year old has made me so sensitive, I was crying like a baby after..that... Scene. I don't know what's wrong with me, I think I might be going through the menopause or some thing, as my emotions are all over the place.

Anyway, can't wait for ep 4. One of the best story-lines I've seen in a game for ages. And the suspense is pitched perfectly. I never know what's going to happen!

Edited by ZuluHero at 07:44:24 09-09-2012

Edited by ZuluHero at 07:45:34 09-09-2012
  • Deleted user 9 September 2012 07:54:04
    Shikasama wrote:
    I wonder if TellTale will pick up another franchise after this or carrying on with TWD. This one has been by far their best.
    They've still yet to do Fables or King's Quest, so they'll probably take a break inbetween - another "season" for Walking Dead has already been announced.

Edited by meme at 07:56:30 09-09-2012
  • dancingrob 10 Sep 2012 11:26:41 1,186 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    just finished Episode 3. Overall, not quite as good as Episode 2, although the 'SURPRISE!' moment, was far better than the more predictable reveal.

Not entirely sure I trust Chuck, although I've got on fine with Omid / Christa so far. Also gutted Carly has died, and left Lilly on the road. The Duck / Katjaa scenes were also incredibly effective.

The game also seems to have got less glitchy as the episodes have progressed. In Episode 1, it seemed to randomly pause for 2-3 seconds every couple of minutes, but things are much smoother now, with the loading taking place at rather less time sensitive moments.

Really enjoying it, and hopefully we'll have Ep4 before too long, especially as the cliffhanger ending was by far the best one so far.
  • PhoenixFlames 11 Sep 2012 18:23:32 9,197 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Just played the trial. This is a bit good isn't it? How long do the episodes last for on average?

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Shikasama 11 Sep 2012 18:38:59 7,010 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    About 2 hours generally I find. Intense 2 hours though.
  • PhoenixFlames 11 Sep 2012 18:59:37 9,197 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cool. 15.99 seems like good deal for all 5 episodes.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• RinseWashRepeat 11 Sep 2012 19:39:52 38 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seriously. Such a great game.

I can't believe how even the percentages were at the end of the third episode. There's been some seriously 'no right answer' questions during this episode.

Fantastic.

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• heavy_salad 11 Sep 2012 20:31:19 729 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought there was at least a couple of choices in episode 3 that I really struggled to make. Namely whether to shoot the woman at the start - I didn't, morally the 'wrong' thing to do I guess, but it's every man for themselves. and also whether to shoot Duck myself or let a parent do it - in the end I did it myself, mainly because I knew I'd do it, I wasn't sure if Kenny/Katja would bottle it and end up getting bitten.

Edited by heavy_salad at 20:31:35 11-09-2012
  • RinseWashRepeat 11 Sep 2012 20:53:06 38 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I was going to offer to shoot Duck, but I though Kenny would be all 'You murderer! You'd like that! Wah, wah!'

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• dominalien 11 Sep 2012 22:43:24 7,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I finally found the time to play this tonight. Overall very enjoyable, but it was much lower key than ep2 and seemed much shorter than the previous ones - did it in one sitting, whereas I needed at least three before. Despite SCEE taking longer to certify this, I also got the camera glitch after teaching Clementine to shoot on the train. A reload fixed it, though it was annoying to have to redo the entire sequence.

Also seemed a bit more adventurey than it was before with more exploration, item use and conversations required to progress.

I haven't played all Telltale games, but it's by far the best game they've made, as far as I'm concerned.

PSN: DonOsito

• dominalien 11 Sep 2012 22:45:21 7,024 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RinseWashRepeat wrote:
    I was going to offer to shoot Duck, but I though Kenny would be all 'You murderer! You'd like that! Wah, wah!'
    Yes, I was waiting for this the whole episode. Wasted potential.

Although the real wasted potential here is Carly.

PSN: DonOsito

• Brave_Dave 11 Sep 2012 22:48:12 103 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Felt like every decision I made was the wrong one this ep. Have to play through again and see if anything can really turn out different. Very bleak and very brilliant one though
  • Lexx87 11 Sep 2012 23:47:26 20,863 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You lot make me want this!

Speak the truth hussy!

• richardiox 12 Sep 2012 00:06:53 5,677 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    You lot make me want this!
    Do it! Get the first episode, it's only 400msp - although can pretty much guarantee youll DL the others straight after. Can sneak them in before BL2 hits.
  • RinseWashRepeat 12 Sep 2012 20:21:48 38 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    dominalien wrote:
    RinseWashRepeat wrote:
    Yes, I was waiting for this the whole episode. Wasted potential.

Although the real wasted potential here is Carly.
    I KNOW! I thought she was giving me a bit of a look at the motel. A little romantic interest? No. Shot in the face.

A real shame.

RinseWashRepeat.co.uk

• jamievilla 12 Sep 2012 21:56:16 545 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Seriously Lexx, if you like story driven 'adventure' type games. Then you will love this. I was on the fence until it came up in the Steam sale and I think its amazing. I can't remember the last time where I played a game that hooked me so much and make me properly care about the characters within. Buy it, you'll be joining us soon in waiting on tenterhooks for the next release.
  • sirtacos 12 Sep 2012 22:53:50 7,337 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The characters in the Walking Dead are so hysterically stupid and generally despicable that it's hard to fully sympathise with any of them for long.
    Except for Carly... and Clementine, obviously.

So much of the drama is totally unnecessary, so many of the decisions are opaque, or result in unintended consequences, that I've decided to go it alone with Clem (if I can). Fuck people. They ruin everything.

I guess that's why the game is brilliant.
    ...aside from making me super protective of Clem, which is an achievement in itself.
  • jamievilla 12 Sep 2012 23:03:28 545 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    sirtacos wrote:

I guess that's why the game is brilliant.
    ...aside from making me super protective of Clem, which is an achievement in itself.
    This x millions.
  • fletch7100 16 Sep 2012 16:09:33 7,382 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yup just did Epsiode 3.:) still enjoyable as the previous episodes. The moment during the dream where you think Clem is a zombie was a highlight. Plus the inevitable mercy scene, just give me the gun already :) and the fallout from the thieving from the group

Great moments of storytelling in gaming
  • santashi 3 Oct 2012 21:59:14 5,167 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just played Episode 3 (apologies if anyone thought the bump would be for news about Episode 4!).

Crikey. I couldn't believe it at the end when Lee told Kenny that he'd 'never get over today' (or he did in my version). It all happened in a day? Felt much longer, although the episode itself felt shorter than the others somehow. I did feel that the story had moved on much more in the space of this episode than it did over the course of 2.

I couldn't help wondering if Doug died just so they didn't have to bother making separate segments for him and Carly anymore. As when Larry died, though, I was genuinely stunned. And I never thought I'd have to shoot a kid in a game. Both upsetting and unsettling.

As for the new guys.... like Lee I'm still open minded about the (ex?)alcoholic, that (pregnant?) woman is clearly going to try to steal MY Clementine, and I liked the history loving guy but he now seems to hate me after I pushed him off the bridge and then grabbed his hand instead of the lady's. Honestly! She looked like she was about to pull herself up and he had a damaged leg. It seemed logical...

Weirdly the only choice that I was in the minority for was the mercy killing at the beginning. It just seemed such a terrible thing to do to leave somebody to be ripped apart. :/

PSN ID: finn1
    3DS: 3497-0005-6756

• Mike1980 10 Oct 2012 21:34:40 339 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just finished ep 4.

So, a slower episode than the previous 2 until the last 20 minutes, Ben died but that was no big thing.

I guess that I knew Lee was gonna die by the end, i mean he almost had to, glad that he gets to do a big heroic thing before he does tho.

Also, the very end has a list of the people who would be left which I think is a bit of a shame. I was looking at it thinking of all the ways the various people would have left.

No "Next Time On... either.
  • Whizzo 10 Oct 2012 23:00:05 43,228 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Does anyone have a list of what the stats were because when I finished episode 4 this is what I got!

No spoilers in the screenshot because it's a bit bugged!

Enjoyed the fourth episode, seemed a lot longer than the others and rather more conventional in an point and click sense but still good.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Page

of 21 First / Last