Dishonored Page 39

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• MrTomFTW Moderator 16 Aug 2013 21:22:48 37,300 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah, it just lists the trials there. I guess I need to tear through the game again eh?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 16 August 2013 21:44:33
    Very silly if true, maybe do a little check online first incase you missing something.

Although playing dishonored again isn't a bad thing and it will get you warmed up for the excellent dlc.
  • Errol 21 Aug 2013 00:00:26 12,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My favourite mission by far was the One with the lady in the mansion. I murdererd her by following her into the bathroom and cutting her throat.

Great fun.
  • Deleted user 21 August 2013 20:26:30
    Completed level two today of new dlc. Probably the largest level yet in dishonoured! Four seperate areas, also fantastic level design. I cracked half way through and went on a slaughtering spree.

Follows the best levels in that there are multiple ways to complete objectives and many optional quests that flesh out the world nicely linking with corvos events.
  • Deleted user 25 August 2013 21:10:42
    Just completed, level three is one of the best dishonored levels it is pure brilliance.

Good ending as well which is nice. Doesn't feel as right doing it stealth as Daud as he has so many wonderful weapons at his disposal.

Going to do blood shed run now and will get to try out the new pull ability that I never used on people first playthrough.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Aug 2013 20:17:53 14,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just getting this again. What story DLC do I need :-)

"Duffman is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• Deleted user 26 August 2013 20:37:37
    Knife of dunwall and witches of brightmore?

Both amazing and linked. Three missions each and follow the story of Daud which mostly runs parallel to corvos.

Four of the missions are some of the best yet with incredible design and multiple mission choices.

Different special abilities as well. Well worth your mulan.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Aug 2013 21:19:48 14,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Choppi
    :-)

• DUFFMAN5 10 Oct 2013 06:31:53 14,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Have the rather spiffing looking GOTY (I love goty versions!) on its way to me via Amazon (22) I thought better to buy that than the dlc via the dash. Not played the 2 story packs so might well start another playthrough, played it upon release so should be fresh.

• Deleted user 10 October 2013 07:11:40
    Lucky boy you, epic game, sadly I had to give my copy back. Sneaky with a sprinkle of ultra violence was my favourite, found it usually too easy going the all violent route.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Oct 2013 08:40:19 14,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Choppi

I knew the mere mention of the game would lure you out ;)

• CharlieStCloud 10 Oct 2013 08:50:03 5,016 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Does this so-called 'Game of the Year' edition makes the game, somehow, any better?
  • askew 10 Oct 2013 08:58:36 12,013 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I bought Knife of Dunwall way back - still to play it! When did the second expansion come out? :o
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Oct 2013 08:56:00 14,380 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    For anyone interested the DLC on the Goty version is disc based. The game comes with 2 discs. Far better than codes.

• -cerberus- 12 Oct 2013 09:18:00 2,402 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Now that the GOTY edition is finally out, I bought the PS3 version. It should be here next week. :)

"You see it too? For me, it's always like this..."
    (Angela Orosco - Silent Hill 2)

• Errol 12 Oct 2013 09:56:24 12,454 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Love this game.
  • BloodMountain88 13 Oct 2013 09:56:57 139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Got the GOTY Edition on PS3 from Game on Friday (they're selling it for a reasonable 24.99). All on one disc for the PS3 - you have the main game, and then a seperate 'disc' icon on the XMB that allows you to install the individual pieces of DLC.

Disappointed to see the 'instruction booklet' reduced to next to nothing though :-(.

Edited by BloodMountain88 at 10:28:39 13-10-2013
  • BloodMountain88 13 Oct 2013 20:09:44 139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Completed the first proper mission today, which must have taken me about 3 and a half hours to get through (managed the non-lethal takedown of the target and found all the runes and bone charms as well). When I played the game previously, I couldn't get into it, but I think that was because I was trying too hard to play it stealthily, rather than just play it as I wanted to. This time I'm still trying to be stealthy, but I'm just going with the flow when I do end up getting caught (which is often ;-)). Looking forward to playing more of it now.
  • FuzzyDuck 13 Oct 2013 23:02:11 3,887 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @BloodMountain88

That was pretty much my experience of Dishonoured when I initially played it last year. I recently picked it up via the swapsies thread and in much the same way again, am currently loving it this time around.

A mate spotted a killer deal for the GOTY on Amazon - delivered for 16 - so that's on it's way to me and I'm very much looking forward to getting it.
  • pacrifice 14 Oct 2013 16:57:59 1,035 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have the 360 version but I'm having issues.

I've installed the dlc from disc 2 and when I launch disc 1, when I'm on the mission/chapter select screen, the dlc doesn't appear.

Do I *have* to complete the main game first to then play the dlc?
  • BloodMountain88 14 Oct 2013 17:45:34 139 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I've installed all the DLC on the PS3 version, and have access to all the DLC, and I've never completed it prior to getting the GOTY edition. I was prompted to install an update from the disc before loading up the game as well.

Edited by BloodMountain88 at 17:52:01 14-10-2013
  • pacrifice 14 Oct 2013 21:12:07 1,035 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's cool, I worked it out.

I like The Outsider.
  • -cerberus- 16 Oct 2013 11:27:05 2,402 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    GOTY Edition's here, lovely presentation with cardboard slipcase and everything on one blu ray disc. Nice :) Quite excited now but I can't play just yet, need to get some work done first.

• FuzzyDuck 18 Oct 2013 22:38:32 3,887 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    FuzzyDuck wrote:
    A mate spotted a killer deal for the GOTY on Amazon - delivered for 16 - so that's on it's way to me and I'm very much looking forward to getting it.
    Well balls, after some prodding and probing of the retailer, turns out this is a no go after all. Some very angry comments on their page, so no GOTY action for me :(

However, I shall Blink away my woes with the vanilla version currently in my PS3's disc drive :D
  • -cerberus- 15 Dec 2013 21:01:22 2,402 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished my very first playthrough yesterday and got the Ghost, Shadow and Clean Hands trophies. While I did find the story to be a bit disappointing, Dishonoured is a GREAT fucking game! This really is everything I expected Bioshock Infinite to be. I remember Ken Levine describing Infinite's 1999 Mode: he said something along the lines of "the player picks a specialization and sticks with it", which turned out to be total fucking horseshit. Though this is very much the case with Dishonoured: you need to upgrade your stealth abilities and equip the correct Bone Charms that fit that specific playstyle if you're going to attempt a Ghost, Shadow & Clean Hands playthrough. And vice versa: upgrade weaponry asap and use other abilities that make Corvo a more formidable adversary in combat.
    Started a second playthough this afternoon, going for High Chaos this time :)

• Latin 26 Jan 2014 15:23:45 3,592 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Got the GOTY edition for 15 quid at sainsburys. Check out said 25 but had a 15 sticker on it... Bargain!
  • greg_wha 26 Jan 2014 15:48:34 189 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Latin Classic trick that.
  • JoeBlade 26 Jan 2014 16:43:21 2,486 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    -cerberus- wrote:
    Finished my very first playthrough yesterday and got the Ghost, Shadow and Clean Hands trophies.
    I know I'm timetravelling a bit with my reply but I just had to stress this is my one peeve with Dishonored: why oh why do you have to finish an entire level to figure out whether you were ever detected or accidentally killed a guard?
    Some levels took me 2-3 hours to finish stealthily, obviously attempting to nab all the sidequests and loot in the process. Having to do that all over is just sadistic.

The game needn't tell immediately when failing those special level goals but a quick summary when entering an area would've been nice. At least you'd only have to replay a section at worst that way.

As it is I just can't be arsed.
  • Page

of 40 First / Last