Dishonored Page 36

• Page

of 40 First / Last

• andytheadequate 5 Feb 2013 13:54:14 8,260 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Can anyone recommend me some abilities to use? At the moment I only have blink and the one where you can see enemies through walls. I think I have 4 points to spend.

I'm not really going for a high or low chaos playthrough, just need useful/fun ones to use...

Edited by andytheadequate at 13:54:42 05-02-2013
  • Deleted user 5 February 2013 13:59:21
    Sunno wrote:
    I think it's called Bending Time or something like that and yeah, that is a good one.

It can be a bit glitchy though which is my only complaint really. I spent about half an hour trying for the cheevo for beating the train on train run and i swear i was getting it everytime but it just wouldn't pop. Reset the console and it popped straight away. I've also got stuck a couple of times which can be really annoying, especially on speed run challenges.

But all in all this game is incredible. On my 4th playthrough for fun now but the DLC is taking up a lot of my time. Would love to see some story DLC coming up soon.
    Crikey I've not played it as much as that but it's certainly more fun than I first gave it credit for and it's def a keeper. Not sure when but there's story DLC out soon where you play Daud, as far as I know.

Not noticed that with the achievements but I'll keep an eye on them to make sure I get them! I find Blinks fiddleyness trips me up on the train one but maybe I just need the practice.
  • MikeP 5 Feb 2013 14:03:10 1,931 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    andytheadequate wrote:
    Can anyone recommend me some abilities to use? At the moment I only have blink and the one where you can see enemies through walls. I think I have 4 points to spend.

I'm not really going for a high or low chaos playthrough, just need useful/fun ones to use...
    Maximum blink distance is almost mandatory, IMO. Possession gives you lots of infiltration options and Agility is handy too.

I went for a stealthy route on my first playthrough, but those skills are useful if you want to be more agressive too. Element of surprise and that.

PSN ID: Mikenetic

• FWB 5 Feb 2013 15:41:40 44,833 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Max blink a must, as said. As is see through walls. The others, tbh, aren't really needed for the stealth route. The benefits you really want - higher jump, quicker climb, quicker movement, less sound and quicker knock outs - are all obtained through ruins/souls or whatever they are called.

I messed about with the possess for a bit of fun. Used it twice, I think in the whole game. Bend time can also help if you are stuck.
  • Sunno 21 Feb 2013 22:12:47 156 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just got 4th in the world on Train Runner Expert on the Dunwall City Trials DLC!

Woop Woop!
  • StixxUK 23 Feb 2013 18:10:19 7,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just played through the first level of this and it's fun, but I don't see anything yet to distinguish it from the other good but not exceptional stealth/action/choose your own method games, the Deus Exes and the Bioshocks of this world.

Maybe that'll change once the powers start opening up.
  • wobbly_Bob 23 Feb 2013 18:41:29 1,821 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    - just completed this and loved it. I found it a very slow burn. I really wasn't sure about this game until I got quite a bit into it. Definitely give it a good try :-)
  • StixxUK 24 Feb 2013 08:17:37 7,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bit further in now and getting into it more. The levels feel more open, the choices more different and the characters and setting more interesting and real.

It certainly is another one of those games, but it does it's thing very very well.
  • bunglebonce 24 Feb 2013 14:31:56 2,199 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I just completed Dishonored. I went for the total stealth approach, not killing anybody, not being seen nor detected. I had a few unconscious bodies detected throughout.

After the score at the last level, it comes up with me having killed two people! I can't think who that would have been, my only guess was accidentally using the wrong type of bolt with the crossbow. Gutted, but not enough to replay the level out of principle.

It is a fantastic stealth'em'up and the art style is wonderful.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• urban 24 Feb 2013 15:04:34 10,973 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Been getting into this over the weekend, it's superb! I think I underestimated it upon playing the first level.

The art is clearly fantastic from the offset but I was playing it all wrong in the first couple of levels. I love how it penalises you for killing and in later levels I've enjoyed the challenge of piling up K.O'd people.

I can't see it being long until I complete it. Brilliant game.
  • SYS64738 24 Feb 2013 15:23:42 1,687 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Same here. Was very much underwhelmed after the prologue and bits of the first mission but couldn't put it down last night. As soon as you get some new skills to use the game really opens up. Saw some video posted on one of the previous pages showcasing what's possible (multiple kills very smoothly executed), hope I'll be able to pull that off at some point.

Am currently playing through as I please, second playthrough will be dedicated to no-kills to get the good ending. I've already butchered quite a few people, and can see the difference in more rats on the streets which is a nice touch in terms of game mechanics.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• StixxUK 24 Feb 2013 18:49:19 7,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Saw a couple of inspiring videos earlier. One where someone just did a mad 25-man killing spree using all sorts of different techniques in a seamless flow. The second one just had the awesomeness of being chased, sliding under a table whilst running away and sticking a mine under the table whilst sliding so that the pursuer ran into it.
  • LionheartDJH 24 Feb 2013 19:18:08 19,490 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @bunglebonce
    Sometimes if you leave unconscious bodies too close to a rat swarm then the rats will eat them and it counts as a kill.

She dives for cheese pasties

• Deleted user 25 February 2013 10:37:07
    StixxUK wrote:
    Saw a couple of inspiring videos earlier. One where someone just did a mad 25-man killing spree using all sorts of different techniques in a seamless flow. The second one just had the awesomeness of being chased, sliding under a table whilst running away and sticking a mine under the table whilst sliding so that the pursuer ran into it.
    Links man, we need links!

I've just finished this game on a low chaos run through. I wanted to make sure I got the 'good' ending but in doing so I felt that I'd missed out on a lot of what the game had to offer. Most of my kill based abilities were still greyed out right at the end!
  • StixxUK 25 Feb 2013 11:50:57 7,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Both are great but high chaos is way more fun and gives you a lot more freedom for creativity!
  • JayG 25 Feb 2013 18:41:16 855 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I finally completed a low chaos run, so looking forward to finally causing some mayhem. Great game, though my first run seems to have taken 20 hours.
  • StixxUK 27 Feb 2013 13:45:20 7,263 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Any tips for dealing with the teleporty ninjas in gas masks? They seem to be very alert and hard to kill compared with the guards. In the flooded district and the game is rapidly losing me, which is a shame because until now it was fantastic.
  • Ultrasoundwave 27 Feb 2013 13:56:16 3,335 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I didnt ever get around to posting my thoughts on this because i was aware that i'd get verbally raped :

This wasnt the best game in the world IMO.

Its quite odd actually. I remember playing through the game and really enjoying myself. Every few minutes i would see or do something that made me think "Holy shit. Thats awesome.".

I really enjoyed the story, some of the characters were excellent, i loved the visual style, the stealthy gameplay was well implemented and the game looked amazing.

Yet, somehow, i cant bring myself to give it more than 7/10. I cant quite put my finger on it, but after finishing the game and giving it a few days to sink in, something about it didnt sit right with me.

I'll definitely play through it again one day and maybe i'll appreciate it more, but as it stands, to me its merely a good game, not a great one.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Deleted user 8 March 2013 09:19:09
    Yay, bafta for goty. Well deserved.
  • Deleted user 2 April 2013 08:56:39
    Just re purchased this instead of trying to complete far cry 3 or borrow dark souls, thought I might try and make this my first ever 100% achievement game. Just looked at what they are, err no. I'm not completing the entire game not alerting or killing anyone.
    Would of liked an art book for this game as it is just stunning.
  • bnazir 2 Apr 2013 12:45:18 82 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I got this game during in the Steam sale last year and only got around to playing it over the Easter break. I must admit, initially I really struggled to like this game, but I persevered for a few hours and then suddenly bam, I'm now mid way through my second play through!

It's difficult to say why my initial dabble was problematic but if I had to guess it would be because I never considered alternate options to progress a mission. I would opt to take the most direct path which is usually heavily guarded resulting in a very quick death. Once I shook off my standard FPS shooter approach of "you must kill all enemies on site" baggage, it became much more enjoyable.

It's like two games in one. The first play through was as a lethal assassin, first isolating the target and killing them in the most creative way possible. The second is total stealth (no kills) and it's a completely different experience requiring new strategies. Both approaches were very rewarding. Game looks great maxed out on a PC and as others have mentioned before, the art work is sublime.

Great game, 10/10.
  • Angry_Man_Dan 2 Apr 2013 16:58:24 175 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    10/10 for this game all day long, it is superb. Cannot wait for the Knife of Dunwall.

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• JonFE 2 Apr 2013 17:27:12 1,452 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    bnazir wrote:
    It's difficult to say why my initial dabble was problematic but if I had to guess it would be because I never considered alternate options to progress a mission. I would opt to take the most direct path which is usually heavily guarded resulting in a very quick death. Once I shook off my standard FPS shooter approach of "you must kill all enemies on site" baggage, it became much more enjoyable.
    I'm still on that stage, still struggling to surpass my FPS instincts and "see" things / approach Dishonored differently. It sure is a pity, because I really want to like it...
  • Deleted user 3 April 2013 21:47:58
    So glad I re bought this game, on level two and it is just 10/10. Almost forgot how beautiful it is with its art style, puts bioshock infinite to shame (although that was lovely too).

Every area of the game is near perfection.
  • Errol 3 Apr 2013 22:01:47 12,497 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    Just played through the first level of this and it's fun, but I don't see anything yet to distinguish it from the other good but not exceptional stealth/action/choose your own method games, the Deus Exes and the Bioshocks of this world.

Maybe that'll change once the powers start opening up.

Play more. Dishonoured is certainly in the 'exceptional' category. Single player GOTY 2012 for me. Better than Deus Ex HR.
  • Deleted user 5 April 2013 10:49:50
    On third mission now, third playthrough. Amazing how different every game has been, this time I've used some ingenious rat possession to get past areas that I didn't think of previously.

then found a hidden path to completely avoid a choke point that had previously caused issues.

Also did the brewery totally different this time, always been a friendly zone but I accepted mission to poison the gang so the same area became a hunting ground. I was doing so well at being stealthy till I fell off the chain! What was ninja quickly became Conan.
  • Deleted user 6 April 2013 15:54:21
    Info on the new dlc, didn't realise it is only ten days away. Sounds promising.

http://kotaku.com/15-things-you-should-know-about-dishonoreds-new-dlc-458743705
  • Deleted user 9 April 2013 10:53:45
    Can anyone tell me if this game has any updates that I need/should to download before playing? My internet is down because Virgin are cunts and can because I was stupid enough to buy on the 360 which doesn't have wifi I can use my phone's hotspot.
  • Deleted user 9 April 2013 13:09:56
    @mowgli there has been a patch but I never had any issues before it was installed. Didn't hear of any game breaking bugs.
  • Deleted user 9 April 2013 13:11:09
    Cheers!
  • Page

of 40 First / Last