Wii U Page 256

• Page

of 1211 First / Last

• Moot_Point 19 Nov 2012 23:21:53 3,488 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:24:08
    fixed
  • Baleoce 19 Nov 2012 23:24:09 1,169 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    For me personally, it's worth it now. But that's mainly because I genuinely want so many of the launch window games. I realise there's currently a few problems going on, but every console launch has teething issues. However, issues like the GamePad battery being less powerful than my phones, is a kick to the nuts. Especially when you look inside it and realise there's easily room for a bigger one, which presumably they are going to cash in on. I hope Nyko beats them to the punch on that, just because of the sheer audacity. Short battery life is often expected from a first generation handheld, but not for something that is supposed to be the centrepiece of a home console.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Jmog 19 Nov 2012 23:24:50 391 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    First person melee combat is generally awful anyway but having to hit a zombie on the head ten or fifteen times with your cricket bat
    I must have played a different build at the Expo because it definetely took nowhere near that many hits.
  • Moot_Point 19 Nov 2012 23:25:30 3,488 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I can't believe this is still going. I'm far too hungover for this. I did not poop on a chair lol!

• beastmaster 19 Nov 2012 23:26:07 10,168 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nintendo has to separate itself from the normal otherwise it would loose badly from a tech point of view. Compete on graphics & sound? Online? No chance. They've had to look for other options. It's totally worked for them though.

Also like to point out that Nintendo have also made some of the greatest games of all time, so they can compete on that level.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Bremenacht 19 Nov 2012 23:27:10 15,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    Good grief, that is truly fucking awful. Is there any way to, you know, just play games?
    Buy an Xbox 360

JUMP IN

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:27:57
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:28:50
    a small overview of the OS.

http://uk.ign.com/videos/2012/11/19/wii-u-os-overview
  • RobTheBuilder 19 Nov 2012 23:29:14 6,521 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @higgins78

Congratulations on adding to a conversation.

1. That's a good sign. It lacks the between frame blur that seems to be on the PS3/360 version, and looks a little better even.

2. Let's look at that point:

Vita/3DS - Weaker hardware winning

Wii/360/PS3 - Sold in order of weakest to strongest hardware

DS/PSP - Weaker hardware won

PS2/Xbox/GC - Weakest hardware won (DC was weaker but was in-between)

PS/Saturn/N64 - Strongest 3D won, although you could argue N64 was stronger in some areas
  • Cappy 19 Nov 2012 23:33:08 11,702 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jmog wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    First person melee combat is generally awful anyway but having to hit a zombie on the head ten or fifteen times with your cricket bat
    I must have played a different build at the Expo because it definetely took nowhere near that many hits.
    That's some selective quoting there, put the rest of the sentence back and it turns out that I'm talking about reviews complaining about the combat taking too many hits to resolve rather than specific weapons or specific numbers of hits.

Edited by Cappy at 23:33:46 19-11-2012
  • Moot_Point 19 Nov 2012 23:34:44 3,488 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Post deleted

• Armoured_Bear 19 Nov 2012 23:36:59 8,743 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    http://n4g.com/news/1123922/black-ops-2-wii-u-graphics-analyzed-vs-rivals

Something for the Wii U haters to chew on...

Let me also add this: "Powerful" hardware hasn't helped a console "win" in years!
    Boom!
    Take that bitches! etc.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Psychotext 19 Nov 2012 23:43:31 52,763 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Regarding BLOPS2 from someone who has actually played it...

Just to add to this thread, I've played a couple of missions thus far and it's not good.

The Digital Foundry article featured the first area benchmarked on PS3 and 360. During some of the parts they show the framerate flucuates between 45-50 fps dropping as low as 40-ish on PS3 during the slowest point. On WiiU? Yeah, that same area (right before the chopper) sinks UNDER 30 fps. It's juddery and choppy. On average the framerate seems to spend a lot of time around 50 fps.

Now, it generally doesn't sink THAT low during gameplay but it spends way too much time under 60 fps. The 360 version is much smoother and even the PS3 version seems to have an edge. The image quality seems more in line with 360 at least, which is to say that it's jaggy as hell, but not blurry like 1.02 on PS3.

The shadows are also nasty. Until you stand right up on them, they appear at a very VERY low resolution and only resolve into higher detail when you press your face right up against them.

Wii U:

360:

Regarding those two shots above...

When I returned to that area, the pillows DID appear on WiiU. I don't know why they were missing when I snapped that photo, but they were. Secondly, the shadows DO eventually become the resolution as you see on 360 *BUT* only when you are within VERY close proximity. From any normal distance they are a chunky mess.

Not quite so clear cut... He does say that the framerate is pretty much perfect in MP though. I guess maybe there aren't so many CPU related calculations going on with no AI etc.

Edited by Psychotext at 23:46:16 19-11-2012
  • Deleted user 19 November 2012 23:45:30
    I personally fully trust a video created by a Nintendo fan site that seems to lump PC in with the 360 and PS3, that seems to have a bizarre ghosting effect applied to it that isn't present in any other console-captured video.
  • Pinky_Floyd 19 Nov 2012 23:55:06 6,415 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Flip me higgy bounced back well after his close brush with suicide after reading the EG Weeoo review.

Impressive.

He stared reality right in the face and never blinked.

Business resumes as usual, normality returns to the thread, all is right with the world (apart from the soul destroying, hope crushing, earth shattering reveal that the WeeOo is in fact, a bit pants).
  • richardiox 19 Nov 2012 23:56:25 5,413 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Higgins: "Let me also add this: "Powerful" hardware hasn't helped a console "win" in years"

The strongest hardware doesn't always sell the most? Does that somehow mean that the Wii's software catalogue is better than the 360s?

I don't get the relevance? Obviously specs aren't the be-all and a console lives or dies by the quality and breadth of its software.

But as shown by the Wii itself, being comparatively under specced certainly didn't help in terms of providing an amazing breadth of software.

Every knows it achieved its huge commercial success due to Wii Fit, Wii Sports, Just Dance etc. it wasn't because of Skyward Sword, Mario Galaxy and Xeno Chron. PS2 by contrast was also the weakest of its gen but unlike the Wii it could keep up with its rivals so didn't miss out on any of the big titles. Also unlike the Wii it ended up with a massive catalogue of a broad range of amazing games.

So if we're talking about weaker hardware "winning" - are we defining winning by units sold or in terms of providing the best library?

Edited by richardiox at 00:01:29 20-11-2012
  • DFawkes 20 Nov 2012 00:04:36 22,031 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    So if we're talking about weaker hardware "winning" - are we defining winning by units sold or in terms of providing the best library?
    I suppose fanboys prefer units sold as it's an objective way to measure something. If you go by "best" library it's entirely subjective so no-one can ever win, which is of little use to a fanboy trying in vain not too lose :p

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Trafford 20 Nov 2012 00:06:53 5,268 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    Aargh. wrote:
    People spending 350 on something have decided they love it just hours after queuing up in the cold close to midnight to get it? I am shocked.

Edited by Aargh. at 22:50:56 19-11-2012
    350 will feel like small change March next year when we (Wii U owners) have a library of exclusives which put the jaded/predictable antics over whats happening on PS3/360 to shame.
    I don't know, I'm quite looking forward to Bioshock Infinite and the 2 new Platinum games.
    Loads of decent games getting an airing.
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 00:09:56
    Ni No Kuni! canny not wait. Got loads of this years... and last years,,, and the years before that games to catch up on as well.
  • neilka 20 Nov 2012 00:48:30 14,935 posts
    Seen 42 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    Wii U:

They've got Goldeneye onto the Virtual Console already?
  • Bremenacht 20 Nov 2012 01:05:36 15,739 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    higgins78 wrote:
    March next year when we (Wii U owners) have a library of exclusives which put the jaded/predictable antics over whats happening on PS3/360 to shame.
    Overpriced sub-HD poop - available exclusively on Wii U.

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• roz123 20 Nov 2012 01:33:29 7,107 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    Wii U:

They've got Goldeneye onto the Virtual Console already?
    It's a little sad how often that picture has been banded around since yesterday because there are plenty of vids to watch of the game in motion on YouTube
  • Raiko101 20 Nov 2012 04:21:43 5,519 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    If it weren't for the shadows, i'd say it was the better looking game. The lighting looks less hazy on the Wii U.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Raiko101 20 Nov 2012 04:30:35 5,519 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Some guy playing around in the Wara Wara Plaza. This is what I like most about Nintendo's attempt at an online community. I really hope the 3DS gets something similar too, in the future.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Deleted user 20 November 2012 04:35:24
    Raiko101 wrote:
    If it weren't for the shadows, i'd say it was the better looking game. The lighting looks less hazy on the Wii U.
    That's just odd brightness on the screenshot. The map is set at dusk. Here it is in motion - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ekNumZcPxo

At two minutes you can see that room and the shadow change as it gets close.
  • Moz 20 Nov 2012 05:32:02 493 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @RobTheBuilder Wii vs 360 vs PS3 isn't really a worth while comparison the Wii has broken off by itself with a totally different audience to the other systems.

As for PS2/Xbox/GC the gap between the system was relatively small, all the systems could handle the same games so it was all down to the system exclusives.

The Wii U will likely do well but is unlikely to dent ms or sonys markets.
  • Moz 20 Nov 2012 05:32:49 493 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 20 November 2012 05:47:09
    Fucking hell, apparently the HDMI output is locked to limited-range RGB only. That might explain why that blops 2 footage looks so washed-out.

Wii U? More like Fuck U. Fuck U Wii U. Yea that works.
  • beastmaster 20 Nov 2012 08:47:49 10,168 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm quite looking forward to an in-depth article from Arstechnica. They've just reported on a couple of stories such as firmware and transferring of Wii games. Should be an interesting read.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Page

of 1211 First / Last