Wii U Page 2

• Page

of 1343 First / Last

• Deckard1 7 Jun 2011 18:31:46 27,027 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Its an xbox 360 with an iphone attached.

Blew my socks off.
  • NOSAVIOUR 7 Jun 2011 18:31:56 2,802 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:
    @ Superet

It is. It's not just a new controller for Wii, it's a brand new, HD capable console.

Picture
    So why didn't they show that at the gig?

Not legit I think.

It was under the HD tv on all the vid's for all to see.
  • Deleted user 7 June 2011 18:32:30
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Im guessing you insert the disc into the Wii and then with the additional processing power in the WiiU (What a frickin ridiculous name) so when you stream it over it appears in HD. HD shouldnt be too hard to accommodate on such a small screen. The resolution will be much lower than needed on a TV
    That's quite an imagination you've got there :D
  • cjb_bjc 7 Jun 2011 18:34:57 1,037 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Im guessing you insert the disc into the Wii and then with the additional processing power in the WiiU (What a frickin ridiculous name) so when you stream it over it appears in HD. HD shouldnt be too hard to accommodate on such a small screen. The resolution will be much lower than needed on a TV

Um. In my head that's the only way this could work! Unless they ship it with a new box. Which I find unlikely. If anything from that guardian snippet, maybe they will ship an add-on (Nintendo like doing that) to up the RAM in the system.
  • Dirtbox 7 Jun 2011 18:35:56 77,453 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Daeltaja wrote:
    @ Superet

It is. It's not just a new controller for Wii, it's a brand new, HD capable console.

Picture
    So why didn't they show that at the gig?

Not legit I think.

It was under the HD tv on all the vid's for all to see.
    I didn't notice it, I thought it was the name of the controller, I couldn't make head nor tails of it because of that tbh. the presentation was terrible.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• HoriZon 7 Jun 2011 18:36:03 13,493 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They wont have shown the console itself as it wont be the final version of it.

I used to be a gamer like you, then I took an arrow in the knee.

• ecureuil 7 Jun 2011 18:36:29 76,465 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's legit, but probably not the final design.
  • NOSAVIOUR 7 Jun 2011 18:36:33 2,802 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    CrispyXUK64 wrote:
    cjb_bjc wrote:

Um. In my head that's the only way this could work! Unless they ship it with a new box. Which I find unlikely. If anything from that guardian snippet, maybe they will ship an add-on (Nintendo like doing that) maybe a SD card to up the RAM in the system.

Biggest tool ever. It's a new console. If you look you will find images of the console itself. Did you actually watch the conference...
  • HoriZon 7 Jun 2011 18:37:10 13,493 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Any mention of transferring Virtual Games and such to the Wii U from a Wii?

I know it will play Wii games.

• Tom_Servo 7 Jun 2011 18:37:25 17,230 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    HoriZon wrote:

Still, they could've mentioned its existence rather than Peter Moore talking about it in a trailer reel. Horrible presentation from a communication angle.
  • DiamondIce 7 Jun 2011 18:37:58 1,185 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The controller looks woeful; the right stick is above the buttons for a start.

Is this supposed to be better than the current consoles in terms of spec? Or is everybody excited about what is out-dated hardware in comparison with the advancing PC gaming (Christ that pains me to say it)?

Overall: Nice orchestra.

FLOPS! RAM!

• spazmo 7 Jun 2011 18:38:56 2,756 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Needed a top Nintendo game to really showcase the controller and graphics capabilities.
  • HoriZon 7 Jun 2011 18:39:18 13,493 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Also this is Nintendo and its about the games and how the user plays them its not about the machine itself from their viewpoint.

They have to sort out the online aspect of it though with a single username and signin etc.

• cjb_bjc 7 Jun 2011 18:39:19 1,037 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Or..... The WiiU is a controller that can be used for both the Wii and whatever comes next. It is a stepping stone. Ie DS-> DS Lite-> 3DS. They will release the WiiU and use that for a year and then chuck the new console at us next year! That would be smart!

And that console pic is way too small to accomodate anything like the size of the motherboard that will be necessary to run anything half decent
  • Dirtbox 7 Jun 2011 18:40:06 77,453 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    HoriZon wrote:

Still, they could've mentioned its existence rather than Peter Moore talking about it in a trailer reel. Horrible presentation from a communication angle.
    Exactly. I was scratching my head throughout. HD games... but it's still a Wii, right? Right? The controller is called a Wii U? Right? What the fuck am I looking at here?

Etc.

Now I know there's a different box under the TV it makes sense and it's quite impressive, if gimmicky, but it's a far more useful gimmick than the shitty wiimote.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• cjb_bjc 7 Jun 2011 18:43:25 1,037 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    Biggest tool ever. It's a new console. If you look you will find images of the console itself. Did you actually watch the conference...

Um yes.. I watched it. Where are these photos you speak of? Peter Moore's a douche. Nintendo are trying to sell this as their 'new console' to build hype. Everyone switched from 'new console' to 'new controller' in their pitch because funnily enough this is the first time something like this has ever been released.

Nintendo are genius in their marketing and wording. But I'm afraid this is all we will be getting.
  • RedSparrows 7 Jun 2011 18:43:28 21,958 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nintendo have always done things differently - if anything, this looks LESS DIFFERENT than before.
  • cjb_bjc 7 Jun 2011 18:43:29 1,037 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Deleted user 7 June 2011 18:44:04
    wii erd
  • NOSAVIOUR 7 Jun 2011 18:44:26 2,802 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    Or..... The WiiU is a controller that can be used for both the Wii and whatever comes next. It is a stepping stone. Ie DS-> DS Lite-> 3DS. They will release the WiiU and use that for a year and then chuck the new console at us next year! That would be smart!

And that console pic is way too small to accomodate anything like the size of the motherboard that will be necessary to run anything half decent

Considering the PSVita is half the size of the WiiU and on par with most PS3 that comment is unfounded. They stated it was their new console in the conference, from the games it will be on par with the 360 and PS3.
  • Razz 7 Jun 2011 18:44:28 60,739 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    On the bright side it's kind of like a Dreamcast 2, I'm sure Sega is proud.

On a personal note:

WHERE'S MY FUCKING F-ZERO

Another year goes by and no mention of it, that's it I giving up all hope. I'm committing myself tp wipeout now. Fuck it ;_;

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856
    --------------------------------------------------------------------

• Tom_Servo 7 Jun 2011 18:44:52 17,230 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Where is this idea that Nintendo have massively innovated here coming from? Sony did this idea years ago with Remote Play, and even fucking Nintendo themselves did this years ago with GBA connectivity to the GameCube.

edit: And that's forgetting the Dreamcast!
  • Progguitarist 7 Jun 2011 18:45:43 10,399 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A weird idea made even worse with a vague presentation that didn't really answer any significant questions.
  • NOSAVIOUR 7 Jun 2011 18:46:04 2,802 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    cjb_bjc wrote:
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:

Um yes.. I watched it. Where are these photos you speak of? Peter Moore's a douche. Nintendo are trying to sell this as their 'new console' to build hype. Everyone switched from 'new console' to 'new controller' in their pitch because funnily enough this is the first time something like this has ever been released.

Nintendo are genius in their marketing and wording. But I'm afraid this is all we will be getting.

Go on any site like kotaku or cvg or back a page on this thread and you will find them. If you watched the conference you would have noticed it under the HDTV being used too.
  • chub 7 Jun 2011 18:46:47 447 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecosse mentioned some of the Guardian's hands-on on the first page, but here's the link to the rest, with pictures: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2011/jun/07/wii-u-nintendo-games-console
  • ecureuil 7 Jun 2011 18:47:31 76,465 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Where is this idea that Nintendo have massively innovated here coming from? Sony did this idea years ago with Remote Play, and even fucking Nintendo themselves did this years ago with GBA connectivity to the GameCube.

edit: And that's forgetting the Dreamcast!

Repeat something enough and people believe it. Nintendo have pushed their "we innovated everything" line for years, despite it not really being true.
  • AaronTurner 7 Jun 2011 18:47:47 7,591 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    To me this is a step back towards MS and Sony, they are coming out with hardware that is 5 or 6 years old and they've added a touch screen to a controller. Going by the games reel they showed there will be a huge amount of 3rd party ports to this system. Doesn't relaly sound too different, certainly no different to Kinect.
  • Deckard1 7 Jun 2011 18:48:13 27,027 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    Thank fuck Nintendo are doing something different rather than a machine identical to the other two.

I have large doubts about the ergonomics and the small button sizes of the controller and the visuals are probably on the low side but some of the ideas look reallly cool..

Yeah that list of games they showed was completely different to what the other consoles are doing.

C'mon even you're mario addled brain must be a little disappointed that they're basically releasing a current gen console with a touch screen in the middle of the pad.
  • Pirotic Moderator 7 Jun 2011 18:50:08 20,646 posts
    Seen 4 weeks ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I wonder how they are going to get around the text readability on it, I hope they are not just going to use huge fonts on the main display (despite 1080p output).
  • Page

of 1343 First / Last