Wii U Page 930

• Page

of 1407 First / Last

• Fake_Blood 12 Sep 2013 18:50:53 4,445 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I gave up on SS after 90 minutes of tutorials.
    LttP and WW are my favourites.
  • Deleted user 12 September 2013 19:49:19
    So have we done this thing yet?

NINTENDO WII U - BUY IT SO YOU CAN USE IT LIKE A FIVE QUID UNIVERSAL REMOTE
  • Deleted user 12 September 2013 20:42:37
    chrisno21 wrote:
    JiveHound wrote:
    Wind Waker was the better received game overall too.

TP was the first Zelda to really bore me.
    At least it wasn't rubbish like skyward sword. First and only Zelda game I hated.
    Story wise, Skyward Sword is much better then TP I thought. Gameplay wise though, it felt a little flat with the mini game like moments. The look of TP never appealed to me. Everything looked mucky.

Edited by SG59 at 20:44:22 12-09-2013
  • sega 12 Sep 2013 20:48:18 908 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oh the irony! People have too many things plugged into their TV? More controllers on the sofa "than Concorde"?

How about the fact that GameCube compatibility was dropped so we still need the original Wii hooked up if want to play those games. That and how the controllers we need for Wii U to run everything includes the Gamepad, classic controllers, pro controllers, Wii Remotes and nunchucks. Oh and the GameCube pads on the original Wii that is still hooked up.
  • Pinky_Floyd 12 Sep 2013 20:54:20 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    You are a moany bunch tonight.  You will give yourself an ulcer if you carry on like that.

Is super smash brawl a good game for the little uns to play?
  • DFawkes 12 Sep 2013 21:01:02 24,047 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I find the TV remote functionality really handy. I rarely ever use the TV remote as my TV only gets used for games. It's not revolutionary, but I like it :)

I'm with sega on the 'Cube compatibility though. It's a shame they didn't have that. I can live without it, but if they'd have it along with things like emulating the Pro Controller as a Gamecube one, it'd have been very nice.

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• spazmo 12 Sep 2013 21:20:32 2,802 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    They lost me when it became clear there was no N64 slot.
  • Raiko101 12 Sep 2013 21:29:02 6,699 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    They lost me when they stopped using cartridges. I will wait for no game to ready itself!

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87 (Dave)
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Pinky_Floyd 12 Sep 2013 22:45:56 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Played a little SMG2 there.  Had a 2 legged boss on a sphere.  You had to use a drill to drill through the sphere into its underbelly to release the star.  Clever.  Very clever!
  • Pinky_Floyd 12 Sep 2013 23:29:26 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Good read this:

http://zeboyd.com/2013/09/10/why-games-like-the-wonderful-101-are-a-poor-fit-for-the-gaming-press/
  • Deleted user 13 September 2013 00:29:37
    meme wrote:
    So have we done this thing yet?

NINTENDO WII U - BUY IT SO YOU CAN USE IT LIKE A FIVE QUID UNIVERSAL REMOTE
    With a 3 hour battery life :D
  • neilka 13 Sep 2013 00:36:14 16,527 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Rufus Hound must be the only man who looks more like a *REDACTED* after shaving off his beard.

BAAANG!!!!! EXPLOTION!!!!!

• RyanDS 13 Sep 2013 07:07:45 9,831 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just watched that comparison video on the front page and I genuinely thought that it was the other way around for the first couple of minutes! The GC version is so vibrant and lively, while the HD version is washed out and bland with very muted colours.

Graphics wise the only difference I can see is a very minor texture increase that is only noticable maybe 20% of the time.

Is this going to be another Silent Hill collection?
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Sep 2013 08:08:44 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    SHC had a raft of issues. Missing textures, no upgrade to existing assets, video assets left as is and looking awful in HD, the fog implementation and a wildly variable framerate.

The only issues with WW appear to be that you either like the HD upgrade or you don't, it's not going to have the sort of quality issues that plauged SHC.

I think a good bit of work has gone into not only upgrading textures (if they hadn't upgraded them they would stick out like a sore thumb in HD) but also adding and changing other things graphically.

In some of the comparison shots there is a lot more detail added to the HD version, shadows look far better:

http://www.cubed3.com/media/2013/January/zeldagcwiiucomp.jpg

I think this is a much better video for showing off WWHD and it looks good enough to lick as far as I'm concerned (mmmmm lick lick lick lick!):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dqcj70_y56c&feature=youtu.be&a

Here is another great image. Had this been just a straight port to HD, it would have not looked that great, so I think an image like this makes it pretty clear how much work has gone in to making sure the game looks like a genuine HD release and not a shoddy re-release.:

http://images.nintendolife.com/news/2013/07/eiji_aonuma_the_wind_waker_hd_is_a_test_case_for_new_zelda_wii_u_titlte/attachment/0/original.jpg

Edited by Pinky_Floyd at 08:18:11 13-09-2013
  • Grax 13 Sep 2013 08:24:06 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I can see where ryanDS is coming from, in the hd remake they have worked hard on making everything cleaner and crisper but because of this they have had to tone the colour down and it lost some of its vibrancy. This makes it looks a bit washed out at the beginning because but once you get used to it you can see the he version come into its own.

I will say this though, wind waker holds up alt better then I was expecting

Edited by Grax at 08:25:22 13-09-2013
  • Grax 13 Sep 2013 08:25:47 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think it is the difference between using crayons and water colours
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Sep 2013 08:37:36 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I do wonder if the setup of that comparison video is a bit off, it's the furthest apart in terms of contrast that I have seen of any comparison yet. Will find out soon enough!
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Sep 2013 08:39:37 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    And a new vid published by Nintendo UK yesterday:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xg1OakRb-ZQ&feature=youtu.be
  • Grax 13 Sep 2013 08:47:02 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    For fuck sake I want the zelda wii u did u see the gamepad :(
  • Pinky_Floyd 13 Sep 2013 08:47:59 8,309 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @Grax ?? What did I miss? :)
  • Grax 13 Sep 2013 08:57:04 2,296 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Pinky_Floyd go to 1.46 and look at the game pad it's only a bit but I want it
  • vyseofhr 13 Sep 2013 09:21:04 902 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That's a great video. I think the game still looks just as vibrant, just... different. Fucking with people's nostalgia is a dangerous game. We'll soon see how it turns out, I guess.

NNID: vyseofhr
    PSN ID: vyseofhr
    3DS Friend Code: 0387-8875-0494

• JiveHound 13 Sep 2013 09:36:44 2,714 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Pinky_Floyd wrote:
    Good read this:

http://zeboyd.com/2013/09/10/why-games-like-the-wonderful-101-are-a-poor-fit-for-the-gaming-press/
    Aye, thanks for sharing. I really can't believe Edge gave it a 6.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• jimnastics 13 Sep 2013 09:46:38 311 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The WW split screen comparison video was hopeless, when you consider one of the major updates is that is 16:9 widescreen and in HD. The video did the remake no favours at all... if you go out and watch other videos in 1080p, the update looks absolutely gorgeous.
  • Kay 13 Sep 2013 10:03:14 17,966 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Just watched that comparison video on the front page and I genuinely thought that it was the other way around for the first couple of minutes! The GC version is so vibrant and lively, while the HD version is washed out and bland with very muted colours.

Graphics wise the only difference I can see is a very minor texture increase that is only noticable maybe 20% of the time.

You honestly thought that the version being shown in 4:3, with blurry textures and choppy frame-rate, was the HD remake version?

I think the HD remake looks lovely tbh - the toned down colours does make it look less cartoony, but that doesn't necessarily make it worse, just different.
  • Deleted user 13 September 2013 10:13:08
    RyanDS wrote:

At first, same here, until I realised it was all wallowing in bloom with slightly more flashy lighting. The new version looks shit in comparison, so washed out, much less like a living cartoon.

I'll replay my LE GC version, should look awesome through component on the Wii on my plasma, or indeed through Dolphin at 1080p.

Edited by rumblesushi at 10:15:13 13-09-2013
  • Deleted user 13 September 2013 10:14:47
    Kay wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

You honestly thought that the version being shown in 4:3, with blurry textures and choppy frame-rate, was the HD remake version?

I think the HD remake looks lovely tbh - the toned down colours does make it look less cartoony, but that doesn't necessarily make it worse, just different.
    It does indeed look much less cartoony. Hazy and washed out. Cartoons look crisp and vibrant, not hazy and washed out.
  • nickthegun 13 Sep 2013 10:17:34 61,284 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Those Wii U Difference videos sound progressively more sarcastic.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Deleted user 13 September 2013 10:20:40
    I was about to comment on that advert, to say has there ever been an advert that sounds as much like taking the piss out of your own product as this one?
  • Deleted user 13 September 2013 10:23:13
    rumblesushi wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:

At first, same here, until I realised it was all wallowing in bloom with slightly more flashy lighting. The new version looks shit in comparison, so washed out, much less like a living cartoon.

I'll replay my LE GC version, should look awesome through component on the Wii on my plasma, or indeed through Dolphin at 1080p.
    I think some people are forgetting how the GC would look now on a big HD tv. In that sense the video doesn;t do the HD version any favours at all.
  • Page

of 1407 First / Last