Wii U Page 724

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• kalel 19 Jun 2013 14:54:01 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Zelda peaked on N64 as well. Windwaker was a good game with a lot of charm, but it was not the complete and deep experience OoT was.
  • DFawkes 19 Jun 2013 14:54:02 22,762 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Though I preferred Mario Kart Wii, I have to agree that most of their current IPs seem to have peaked, at least for now. The new ones will probably still be good, but the creativeness of the ones LB used as examples certainly isn't there. I wish they'd just take a proper risk with either a real shake up of an existing IP, or a new one.

On Wii U obviously, they've done it at least a little bit on 3DS.

Edited by DFawkes at 14:54:33 19-06-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Armoured_Bear 19 Jun 2013 15:07:40 10,511 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Zelda peaked on N64 as well. Windwaker was a good game with a lot of charm, but it was not the complete and deep experience OoT was.
    It's a shame, if they hadn't cut the dungeons and had has many more interesting islands in the overworld it could have been.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2013 15:08:43 43,671 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    Yeah that was my quiet shout out to WW. I love the free roaming on the sea, it was exactly what I wanted from a game.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 19 Jun 2013 15:11:36 59,365 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I thought, to be honest, Mario Kart Wii is probably the worst one of the entire series. The courses are too big to compensate for waggle users, the weapons arent great and the rehashes of the rehashed courses arent the best.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• CharlieStCloud 19 Jun 2013 15:42:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ... with the amount of times Iwata keeps apologising for the Wii U, why don't they just go the whole nine yards and call it the 'Nintendo I am Sorry' or the 'Nintendo Please Forgive Me'?

I reckon that'll save them the hassle of coming out with these once-a-month public apologies?

: )
  • neilka 19 Jun 2013 15:49:52 15,831 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wii SeppukU
  • nickthegun 19 Jun 2013 15:50:30 59,365 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wii P U

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Deleted user 19 June 2013 15:58:06
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    ... with the amount of times Iwata keeps apologising for the Wii U, why don't they just go the whole nine yards and call it the 'Nintendo I am Sorry' or the 'Nintendo Please Forgive Me'?

I reckon that'll save them the hassle of coming out with these once-a-month public apologies?

: )
    To be honest, the only real people they are apologising too are the people that think Nintendo should be like Sony or Microsoft.

Its not to say they don't have issues at the moment regarding the Wii U, and people shouldn't criticise them, and they are not sincere about taking a long time to release games like Pikmin 3, buts it just how Nintendo is. They are there own company and people sometimes don't see that.

Particulary with the internet, people demand everything straight away and thats were their shortcommings do get highlighted - i.e shortage of 3rd party games.
  • LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2013 16:14:45 43,671 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    When other companies can get you stuff quickly you don't stay in business long by doing things slowly and saying 'that's just how we are'...

• Kay 19 Jun 2013 16:19:39 17,798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Yeah that was my quiet shout out to WW. I love the free roaming on the sea, it was exactly what I wanted from a game.
    Unfair to say that the series peaked with the N64, as a lot of people seem to view WW very fondly, including many that didn't like the N64 games.

I'd say that around 2003 was certainly the peak of the franchise. A lot of people were expecting WW to be the best game ever, and although great it was also a disappointment in many respects. Since then the franchise has never really been seen in the same way - TP would have been viewed more favourably had it come out earlier, but in 2006 it felt distinctly last-gen.
  • Cappy 19 Jun 2013 16:33:28 11,887 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Nintendo should expand into other sectors their wonderful philosophies ensure unprecedented success.

Nintendo Restaurant;

Order your lunch last week, remind us today, get your lunch on Friday. You'll probably get something that looks a bit like what you ordered, you might even get half the portion. That's the great thing about Nintendo Restaurant, you never know if you're going home with your pockets empty and an empty stomach.

Nintendo Hospital;

You have queries about the breast enhancement surgery you just underwent?

Well, you see... We do the implants one at a time, the implants are on six month back order and we only order them one at a time.

No, you certainly don't look silly, perhaps you could try walking around in public sideways? You get the appearance of a pair of enhanced breasts with just one. Keep the other one out of sight for six months and you're golden. See you in November!

Edited by Cappy at 16:36:45 19-06-2013
  • spazmo 19 Jun 2013 16:37:56 2,757 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Nintendo make u go bananas

• malloc 19 Jun 2013 17:09:07 2,318 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DFawkes I agree, however I think they could be but are always constrained by their consoles losing momentum and as a consequence never seem to Max out.
  • Riven326 19 Jun 2013 17:34:31 41 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    kalel wrote:
    What about Twilight Princess? That was closer to Ocarina.

joelstinton wrote:

Its not to say they don't have issues at the moment regarding the Wii U, and people shouldn't criticise them, and they are not sincere about taking a long time to release games like Pikmin 3, buts it just how Nintendo is. They are there own company and people sometimes don't see that.
    Releasing something called the Wii U was their first mistake. It make people think it was just a accessory for the Wii. Their second mistake was (and still is) charging $350 for the box. For only $50 more, you could buy a PS4. That is insane.

Edited by Riven326 at 17:43:56 19-06-2013

Edited by Riven326 at 17:44:27 19-06-2013

Xbox Live: Riven326
    Steam: Riven326

• LeoliansBro 19 Jun 2013 17:37:29 43,671 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Twilight Princess was dated when it came out and had nothing new to offer. It would have been great on the N64. On the Wii it was shit.

• kalel 19 Jun 2013 17:37:39 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It was more like it stylistically, but not as good.
  • kalel 19 Jun 2013 17:39:02 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    Unfair to say that the series peaked with the N64, as a lot of people seem to view WW very fondly, including many that didn't like the N64 games.
    Saying OoT is better is not denying that many are fond of WW. I would say the majority would consider OoT the better game no matter how much they liked WW.
  • Dirtbox 19 Jun 2013 17:42:03 77,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OoT is one of my favourite games of all time, everything since (MM aside) was just okay.

+1 / Like / Tweet this post

• kalel 19 Jun 2013 17:44:30 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's pretty widely considered the best Zelda game, if not the best game full stop. I don't really see how saying Zelda peaked on the N64 can possibly be an unfair or even a slightly controversial statement tbh, although I suppose I should never underestimate the defensiveness of some on here when it comes to Nintendo and Zelda in particular.
  • Dirtbox 19 Jun 2013 17:45:40 77,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Actually I prefer Majora's Mask slightly. And maybe LttP a little more than that.

Edited by Dirtbox at 17:46:20 19-06-2013

• kalel 19 Jun 2013 17:48:43 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I liked MM a lot. I might even consider it a personal preference to OoT, although it had its foibles and OoT was probably the better game pound for pound.

And yeah, LttP is amazing.
  • Kay 19 Jun 2013 17:50:04 17,798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    OoT and MM remain the pinnacle for me, and may well be considered the peak of the series by many. However there will probably be just as many people who hated OoT and loved WW, and even a few who thought the series peaked in 1991 with LttP.
  • Dirtbox 19 Jun 2013 17:50:42 77,656 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    OoT was a more complete game with a beginning, a middle and an end. Nothing else quite like it really.

• kalel 19 Jun 2013 17:51:34 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If only there was some sort of games score aggregator website that could be used to settle this.

Oh well.
  • CharlieStCloud 19 Jun 2013 17:52:01 5,202 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Actually I prefer Majora's Mask slightly. And maybe LttP a little more than that.
    My favourite is, and always will be, A Link to the Past followed by Majora's Mask.

... always wondered why Ocarina of Time is hailed as the series finest, even after going through the game again on the 3DS.

Probably a slightly controversial opinion however, I thoroughly enjoyed Phantom Hourglass (on the DS) more than the Wind Waker and I also believe Skyward Sword is the best one since Zelda in the N64 days. Twilight Princess is my least favourite by a fairly considerable distance!
  • Riven326 19 Jun 2013 17:53:33 41 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Twilight Princess was dated when it came out and had nothing new to offer. It would have been great on the N64. On the Wii it was shit.
    To be fair, it was a port of the Gamecube title. But in terms of quality, how would you rate it next to the other Zelda games? (Ocarina, Wind Waker, and Skyward Sword)

Xbox Live: Riven326
    Steam: Riven326

• spazmo 19 Jun 2013 17:53:33 2,757 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Theres probably one or two who love Zelda and started with WW or later.
  • Kay 19 Jun 2013 17:54:53 17,798 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    If only there was some sort of games score aggregator website that could be used to settle this.

Oh well.
    What, you mean the same score aggregator that considers GTA IV the best game of the last decade? The game that many GTA fans were actually underwhelmed by?
  • kalel 19 Jun 2013 17:57:39 86,810 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Many people can still be a minority, somewhat evidently.
  • Page

of 1354 First / Last