Wii U Page 689

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• YenRug 25 May 2013 14:15:30 2,108 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Thought it was OK. Kinda highlighted that Nintendo could also do with owning/controlling a fresh, top-draw western developer to complement their Japanese output. A Bungie or RARE equivalent.
    Strange that you should mention that...

http://www.eurogamer.net/forum/post/9578663 - Back on the 18th.

One thing that I think would help Nintendo, once more, is seeking out more second-party developers again; whilst they probably feel that they eventually got their fingers burnt, with the likes of Silicon Knights and Rare, in their heydays the output of these development teams is what helped build Nintendo's reputation in the West. They need to bring some diversity into their product line-up, so a multi-pronged approach would help: pick up some indie teams to make some "quickly" developed downloadable titles, and then do bundles of games on physical disc every so often; meanwhile, search out growing developers with some different ideas/approaches, get them to commit to doing something more significant with 12-18 month deadlines and nurture them through 2 or 3 games developed purely for Nintendo. Instil in them some of Nintendo's ethos and ideals, but don't get them doing "Nintendo games" as that what your first parties are for; at the same time, don't lock them in, let them move on after they've created the games you committed them to, but make sure you've recruited their replacements beforehand.

Essentially, mix up your output, but also spread your message.
  • Raiko101 25 May 2013 14:31:43 6,181 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Whilst I don't think they've bought into them, Next Level Games are a western developer who have done a lot of work for Nintendo. Mario Strikers, Excite Truck, Punch Out!! Wii and Luigi's Mansion. They've also been responsible for some shoody Wii ports, but at least when they're working with Nintendo their output has been strong.

Ok, well on an upward curve at least.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Syrette 25 May 2013 15:40:56 43,240 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Can a mod please ban me from commenting any more on the Wii U ambulance article on the front page?

I could go on all day against some of that lot.

• Cappy 25 May 2013 17:38:46 11,887 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Just be thankful that they prefer to post out there.
  • Pinky_Floyd 26 May 2013 18:29:56 7,657 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm a cop! No, I'm a miner! No, I'm a robber! No, I'm a butcher!
  • elvenscroll 26 May 2013 21:50:23 1,381 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thanks to a load of rewards points from my purchase of a 3DS XL earlier I just preordered Pikmin 3 for 30. :)

I only have a couple of wii u friends. If anyone fancies adding me my NNID is Chipworm.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• JiveHound 26 May 2013 22:20:32 2,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    That last direct although unspectacular taken as a whole really did sell me on Pikmin 3. It looks lush enough to lick.

Is there online multiplayer? They did mention a multiplayer of some sort.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• figaro7 26 May 2013 22:55:59 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^ Pikmin 2 had a multiplayer aspect to it, i think it was a VS 2 player thing. With pikmin 3 and the amount of main players it has it would be interesting to take this online if Nintendo implements it.

Anyone pick up NFS MW U version? i finally nabbed it and quite enjoying it. Looks great although you can tell it chuggs along at around 30 fps. Anyway the co-op driver feature is what i really like, ive played the majority of the game with the traffic off and it plays like a pure arcade racer. It really helps limit the one annoying aspect of the game and thats the crashes and makes it far more enjoyable and less frustrating, especially in the race events.

Turning day/night at the flick of a button is a nice idea as well as is choosing a car at will, although that feature is in the d-pad menu.

Playing on the gamepad is alright too, i prefer the big screen for this game though!
  • figaro7 26 May 2013 22:56:09 1,362 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Bremenacht 26 May 2013 23:15:36 17,708 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    figaro7 wrote:
    ^ Pikmin 2 had a multiplayer aspect to it, i think it was a VS 2 player thing. With pikmin 3 and the amount of main players it has it would be interesting to take this online if Nintendo implements it.
    I really enjoyed the Pikmin 2 multiplayer. Thought it was a lot of fun. Something like four player on-line would be great.
  • JiveHound 27 May 2013 00:23:30 2,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Cool, I look forward to trying it.

I think I'll bite with Need For Speed if I see it for less than 20.

I'm going to be really interested in how Game and Wario reviews. It looks bonkers. I hope in a good way. I can't believe it's the first game out by Nintendo since launch in November.

7 months?

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 15:32:50 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm now part if the 'I was daft enough to buy a wiiu but I'm in denial' gang. Just been sat here an hour and I'm 50% through updating it, which I believe is good going.

I got it for a hundred quid (basic model) with super mario, zombie u and Nintendo land. Oh and a wii sensor bar, so can't grumble.

Looking forward to a bit of zombieu !

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 16:17:39 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'll say this much. Ive never had to do do much dicking about to set up a console in my life. 3 hours later I'm ready to go !

Great news ! I get to play my wiiu in super washed out' mode!

Because the screen doesn't fit TV unless I change the TV to PC mode which makes all the colours dull and washed out. Excellent.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 16:47:15 27-05-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• DFawkes 27 May 2013 16:46:31 22,762 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Do remember you're allowed to enjoy it you know :) Pretty good price for it and some decent games you've got with it. Almost all the exclusives really! I do hope you at least enjoy it for a while, even if you do just finish those games then trade it in.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 16:50:22 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I sorted out the screen size debacle. (There's an option if you scroll down). FINALLY ready to go!

Edit: I press on super mario .... 'Preparing update' for the love of fuck! Bring back cartridges!

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 16:51:31 27-05-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• DFawkes 27 May 2013 17:11:23 22,762 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You can still just play it. A button will come up once it's started and it'll let you play as you download the update for next time.

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 17:19:28 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got my first taste of joy, seeing mario in HD. I'm going to play zombieu though as its the only reason I bought the thing.

If anyone wants to add me it's

iN5OMANiAC

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 17:19:28 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I got my first taste of joy, seeing mario in HD. I'm going to play zombieu though as its the only reason I bought the thing.

iN5OMANiAC

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Armoured_Bear 27 May 2013 17:25:02 10,511 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:

iN5OMANiAC
    Play ZombieU when it's dark, I think it's brilliant but it kicked my arse big time.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Wolves1877 27 May 2013 17:51:39 387 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    ZombieU is best played at night with the lights off.

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 18:17:34 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I shall begin that later this evening ;)

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 18:36:26 27-05-2013

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 18:37:02 27-05-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Sid-Nice 27 May 2013 18:36:01 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    I'm about I begin but first I can't find the bloody YouTube app. I went to the eshop and it said I already had it so I reinstalled but its not appearing anywhere ???
    Obviously the previous owner did the full "System Format" which would have deleted all of the apps and shortcuts. Best search Google for "How to recover Wii U apps after System Format?"

NNID Sid-Nice

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 18:38:39 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Sid-Nice yeah it was me that formatted it ive sorted it now. Completely useless, buffers after 5 seconds. Fine in the browser though.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 18:50:29 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's so much I hate about this shitty machine already,

The layout of the control sticks so your thumb is fully stretched and dragging the camera down slightly as you turn
    The awful frame rate on resident evil
    The useless YouTube app
    The three hour installation to get the cunting thing started
    Having mario running on another screen in the corner of your eye as you're playing it on a telly
    Feeling like you're going to drop it when you use the touchscreen
    Rayman having you switch between two screens all the time and making you balance the pad in one hand
    The contortionism to get to l and r
    How slow the fucking thing is

But do you know the worst bit?

That stupid fucking haunting music in the menus that makes me want to self harm. It was BAD on the wii, on this fucker you have it coming out of the fucking controller as well!

I can't even be arsed playing ZombieU I'm going to flog it tomorrow, ill make on it so its no loss.

I could deal with all the shit bits if I liked the controller but it half cheap android tablet half controller and its shit at both.

Ahhh now I feel better !

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 18:51:03 27-05-2013

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 18:51:53 27-05-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Sid-Nice 27 May 2013 19:04:50 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You can turn the volume down/off on the controller/Gamepad. Looking at your list of complaints; it seem to me that the Wii U isn't for you. I personally have no complaints or problems with what you have listed.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Tekkirai 27 May 2013 19:08:51 104 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The Rayman bit had me scratching my head as well when I tried out the demo at a shop. Look up, down, up, down, use gyro sensor, up, down, holy shit.

I don't really get this machine, like Nintendo always put such emphasis on speedy loadtimes and making the entire experience really immediate. They still do with the 3DS for instance, that works fine outside a few little niggles.

Oh well, I hope they fix it up some more with some updates and release some awesome games, and everyone will forget the first year.
  • JiveHound 27 May 2013 19:10:05 2,401 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Now that's a quick turn around!

Never use the youtube app. It's shit. I don't know why they bothered, the internet browser would have sufficed.

Multi format games seem to have that frame rate dip. I'll attribute that to the oft perceived weaker cpu when compared to its peers.

At the moment the Wii U is best served as a SNES/NES consolidation device but hopefully Nintendo will actually release some games at some point.

In other news, I proposed to my girlfriend.

I'm telling everyone.

She said yes, strangely.

• DFawkes 27 May 2013 19:12:40 22,762 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How the heck are you holding the controller Insomniac? Fully stretched thumbs on the sticks makes it sound like you're holding it weird. With my fairly average hand size the thumb sticks sit in the same position as the left stick on a 360 pad.

The YouTube App is awful though, I'll give you that. That's just fact. When it's easier to just visit the YouTube website with the browser than use the terrible app, they've clearly gone very wrong.

Edited by DFawkes at 19:13:21 27-05-2013

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 19:15:57 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Sid-Nice yeah except I don't really want to be turning my volume on two things up and down all the time because Nintendo can't offer a simple menu option.

I forgot to add the ridiculous rigmarole for deleting an app/game as well. First the wii , then the DS, then the 3ds, now this and you still have to go dick about to delete an app. It's such a simple thing and yet they just can't be arsed doing it right.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 27 May 2013 19:20:33 3,829 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Tekkirai to my mind it shows the whole thing up for the ridiculous concept it is. You've got a game running in glorious HD on a massive screen in front of you and you're being forced to play on a cheap washed out screen??

I can appreciate the screen may offer some useful multiplayer shenanigans (that only Nintendo will ever utilise) but for single player games it's pointless just like smart glass. Nobody even uses the 3ds second screen anymore unless its for a map. Not even Nintendo.

Ok, there's professor Layton.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Page

of 1354 First / Last