Wii U Page 607

• Page

of 1357 First / Last

• CharlieStCloud 1 May 2013 16:35:56 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Why would they release one of their tentpole games in the middle of summer?
    This is Nintendo we are talking about, remember?
  • Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 16:36:01 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    To create a sense of success when the games is the first Wii U title to reach No1 in the video games chart.

NNID Sid-Nice

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 16:37:40 59,452 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Poor Pikmin..

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 1 May 2013 16:39:00 43,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    To create a sense of success when the games is the first Wii U title to reach No1 in the video games chart.
    ...by releasing it when there's no competition. Sneaky!

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 16:40:07 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    This doesn't inspire much confidence, hey?

My humongous Tesco (ten miles ago from me) no longer sells Wii U stuff, which kind of took me by surprise this morning.
    My Tesco stopped stocking Wii U games/hardware just after Christmas; they even had a Wii U chart, the next time I look there was nothing zilch.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 16:42:04 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Microsoft did the same with their exclusive Dead Rising.

NNID Sid-Nice

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 16:42:13 59,452 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The ultimate insult is that my local sainsburys still sells vita games (admittedly, its a single shelf populated more or less entirely by release titles).

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 16:48:21 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    No good releasing a game on a system with a low install base when the blockbuster titles get released. Many great games have gone unnoticed through releasing them in October/November/December, Rayman Origins had that problem.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Raiko101 1 May 2013 16:51:33 6,215 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I wonder how well Rayman Legends will sell on the Wii U, being a family-friendly title. Didn't All Star Racing make up nearly a third of all sales on Wii U, even with the tiny install base?

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 17:34:52 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    I wonder how well Rayman Legends will sell on the Wii U, being a family-friendly title. Didn't All Star Racing make up nearly a third of all sales on Wii U, even with the tiny install base?
    Well the brilliant Rayman Legend Challenge App can only cement loyalty for the Wii U version; unless the PS3 and Xbox 360 edition launch at 19.99 and the Wii U version is priced at 44.99.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 22:58:47 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii U is next gen according to Activision.

NNID Sid-Nice

• DFawkes 1 May 2013 23:12:12 22,789 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    As much as I feel it has the potential to be regarded as next gen in some respects (mostly gimmicky ones, admittedly), it's certainly not next gen for COD. It's COD. You shoot stuff. BLOPS2 at least had one of the best implementations of Off TV Play there is so far IMO, but it's still just COD.

That said, I do hope in this context they feel it's next-gen because I really enjoyed BLOPS2 and would like some more.

Edited by DFawkes at 23:12:44 01-05-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• richardiox 1 May 2013 23:14:42 5,580 posts
    Seen 8 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    No Euro date for Pikmin 3 yet.
    I do hope they're not putting it off until November, so that they can call it their Christmas blockbuster.
    No chance, this is a game that was in development years ago for the Wii and which Nintendo promised customers would come out in the WiiU launch window....
    ... Fail
  • Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 23:27:30 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Pikmin 3 will be released on August the 9th in Europe and on the 4th in the US.

NNID Sid-Nice

• LeoliansBro 1 May 2013 23:29:51 43,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Will it?

• neilka 1 May 2013 23:33:11 15,849 posts
    Seen 31 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I can practically feel the pent-up demand from the hordes of people who have been waiting almost a decade for this flower-based sequel!

A map is like comparing velocity and speed.

• Cappy 1 May 2013 23:38:43 11,901 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well, I am wondering why we didn't get Pikmin 3 on the Wii. I'm not buying another console for it though, the Wii was shitty enough, thanks.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 2 May 2013 07:04:23 37,820 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wii U at Asda - 149/199 for each model respectively.

http://direct.asda.com/Nintendo-Wii-U/37020007,default,sc.html

At that price if they released (not announced) something like F-Zero I'd probably get one.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• CharlieStCloud 2 May 2013 08:25:07 5,202 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Should have been the RRP(s) from day one, and for the basic pack to have Nintendo Land included too.

Those are very reasonable prices ... just playing a waiting game for the (good) software.
  • Progguitarist 2 May 2013 08:27:29 10,420 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    EA jumping ship?
  • Tekkirai 2 May 2013 08:34:37 104 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Well, their games aren't selling on Wii U atm, so that's not surprising, especially since EA seem to have gone into cost cutting mode after Riccitiello's departure. They might come back next year if Nintendo manages to get something of a decent install base for the Wii U.

Edited by Tekkirai at 08:38:24 02-05-2013
  • LeoliansBro 2 May 2013 08:53:46 43,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    Should have been the RRP(s) from day one, and for the basic pack to have Nintendo Land included too.

Those are very reasonable prices ... just playing a waiting game for the (good) software.
    Quite - imagine if the WiiU had launched at this price? I highly doubt we'd have the pipeline drought we're seeing today - developers would have stuck with the WiiU if it had made a higher install base.

And it's only Iwata and Nintendo who 'underestimated' development time for HD games. 3rd party developers would have been properly prepared.

• binky Moderator 2 May 2013 08:58:09 9,578 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    EA jumping ship?
    Madden on Wii U could be genius though, having the plays on the gamepad..
    I bet if Nintendo hadn't made it 1 gamepad per console they'd have stuck around.
  • Armoured_Bear 2 May 2013 09:20:02 10,582 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    binky wrote:
    Progguitarist wrote:
    EA jumping ship?
    Madden on Wii U could be genius though, having the plays on the gamepad..
    I bet if Nintendo hadn't made it 1 gamepad per console they'd have stuck around.
    I doubt it's to do with the lack of gamepads but multiplayer Madden with gamepads would be great.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Progguitarist 2 May 2013 09:25:20 10,420 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wii U is looking pretty fucked. At least there'll be a few decent Nintendo games...I hope.
  • DFawkes 2 May 2013 09:28:26 22,789 posts
    Seen 11 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Progguitarist wrote:
    EA jumping ship?
    It's hardly jumping ship if they just looked at the side of the ship and said "Nah, we'll get the next one" ;)

Isn't there only a couple of EA games on Wii U? Mass Effect 3, which I can't see selling overly well given it's the last in a trilogy that most people will play on the same system they played the first 2, and NFS Most Wanted. Not bad games by any means but they were clearly testing the water.

I can't think of all that much EA stuff that I fancy anyway. If they could find it in their hearts to port Fuse in the future I'd probably have that, but I can't see it happening ever.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Zizoo 2 May 2013 09:30:28 8,279 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think they'll support it the same way they supported the original Wii and the way the do so now with the Vita. Half-assed ports when they feel like it.

Edited by ZizouFC at 09:32:03 02-05-2013
  • beastmaster 2 May 2013 09:32:14 11,325 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    It's an interesting dilemma. On the one hand, it's kind of an attractive price point. However, if I bought it, I know it'll just stayed boxed up until the 'proper' games start to come out for it. When these games do come out for it, will the price point go back up again?

If it's towards the end of the year, I'll never play it as I'll be on the new MS and Sony consoles. It's also quite saddening that the major talking points have been firmware updates to speed things along.

Edited by beastmaster at 09:32:44 02-05-2013

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• JiveHound 2 May 2013 09:36:03 2,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Those prices are very reasonable and I could agree that they would have been ideal from launch but I thought Nintendo were already making a small loss on each console anyway.

The streaming tech makes the console worth the 300 I bought it for but that's a really hard thing to get people to appreciate. People are more likely to see value in more traditional elements like graphical grunt.

Still, even at the price it's at it needs games, and a steady stream at that.

Monster Hunter and Lego City were good but now there's nothing with a firm date on the horizon.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• JiveHound 2 May 2013 09:38:10 2,413 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    beastmaster wrote:
    It's an interesting dilemma. On the one hand, it's kind of an attractive price point. However, if I bought it, I know it'll just stayed boxed up until the 'proper' games start to come out for it. When these games do come out for it, will the price point go back up again?

If it's towards the end of the year, I'll never play it as I'll be on the new MS and Sony consoles. It's also quite saddening that the major talking points have been firmware updates to speed things along.
    I think it's likely the price will go up again. If you're thinking of getting one I'd invest now if you can get it for the mooted prices. It's frustrating as there are decent looking exclusives on the way but no one seems to know when we'll see 'em.

Live: Jive Hands
    PSN: Jive_Hands

• Page

of 1357 First / Last