Wii U Page 606

• Page

of 1347 First / Last

• Kay 1 May 2013 12:16:32 17,762 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    @Kay Apparently it's been in development for two years, or since Miyamoto first hinted at bringing alttp into 3D. As far as i'm aware, this new game uses the very same overworld and dungeon placement. If true, i'd imagine we'll see it before christmas.
    Hmm, that's disappointing then. If it's set in exactly the same world, then what's new about it? Why is a sequel and not a remake?
  • Tekkirai 1 May 2013 12:42:39 104 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have to say, those comments make Iwata sound like a fucking incompetent.
    He almost seems like an athlete defending a title for the first time and then just botching it from the nervousness. But I hope he accepts the consequences if the Wii U and 3DS end up just not selling this year in the West. A breath of fresh air is needed and some actual risk taking too. This gen would have been the perfect opportunity for that considering their huge cash reserves but instead they chose to play it (seemingly) very safe and just ended up confusing the shit out of everyone.
  • LeoliansBro 1 May 2013 12:45:14 43,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nintendo initially intended to release "a few" Wii U games in the first half of 2013, but the titles in question were delayed because the company underestimated the development resources required to complete them on time.
    The one word in that which is bullshit is, for me, 'underestimated'.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 12:48:07 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It is hard to believe that one of the worlds oldest games companies, who entered the HD race seven years after everyone else and therefore should have had access to more data about constructing HD games than you could shake a shitty wiimote at could underestimate how long production would take.

Its either bullshit or absolutely astonishing incompetence.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• JuanKerr 1 May 2013 12:49:24 36,202 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shitompetence.
  • neilka 1 May 2013 12:52:21 15,665 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    They just seem to stubbornly refuse to pay any attention to what the rest of the industry is doing (and has done for the last decade), which they probably think is their greatest strength but is actually their greatest weakness.
  • Fake_Blood 1 May 2013 12:53:59 4,074 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think nintendo still works with very small teams.
  • LeoliansBro 1 May 2013 12:58:55 43,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I still think it ties into this 'not throwing good money after bad' they've adopted with the WiiU. Feels like a cost-saving measure which they're managing through apologies rather than appeasing through releases. They're salvaging the brand because the WiiU is dead as fuck and they know it.

• Bremenacht 1 May 2013 14:00:04 17,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    No, it's the same as with the 3DS. Push the thing out the door, and then go and do something else rather than support it. Golf, probably.
  • Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 14:17:50 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    I still think it ties into this 'not throwing good money after bad' they've adopted with the WiiU. Feels like a cost-saving measure which they're managing through apologies rather than appeasing through releases. They're salvaging the brand because the WiiU is dead as fuck and they know it.
    No wonder the Wii U is dead if the experts can't type Wii U.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Armoured_Bear 1 May 2013 14:18:40 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    This LB delusion is hilarious, I wonder what his post E3 spin will be.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 14:25:22 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That precludes the notion that they are going to show anything of worth at E3.

He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 1 May 2013 14:28:22 43,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    This LB delusion is hilarious, I wonder what his post E3 spin will be.
    I would have a conversation with you ecosse but you apparently have me on ignore. If you're willing to take your fingers out of your ears for two seconds I'd love an answer to these questions:

1) How many 1st party titles have release dates?

2) How many developers have games in the pipeline with release dates?

3) What evidence is there that Nintendo have supported this console since launch, other than games doubtless already broadly complete by the time they decided to pull the plug?

4) What firm evidence (as opposed to vague promises) has there been that Nintendo intends to support this console in the future?

5) What do you think the release of the next gen Sony and MS consoles will do for sales of the WiiU?

6) Given there was a definite window of parity that the WiiU had, to establish a userbase before the new consoles arrive so it can weather the storm, do you think this has been achieved?

7) Given you could have bought a 360 on the WiiU launch date, played multiplatform games that are also available on the WiiU until today, and then buy a WiiU today and have spent in total the same amount of money, would you have been wiser to not have bought at launch date?

8) How long do you think the lifecycle of the WiiU is? Why is it a better alternative to the Wii, given HD 'doesn't matter' (your words)?

9) Do you think Nintendo would be better off aiming for a console release in the next 24 months (which may or may not be a peripheral upgrade to the WiiU) which puts them on level pegging with MS and Sony's proposed new consoles, so as to encourage developers and build a userbase?

10) Do you think this is what Nintendo are thinking anyway, given their lack of support for the WiiU and their form in mid-cycle upgrades in the N64 red buttplug?

Edited by LeoliansBro at 14:29:10 01-05-2013

• Cappy 1 May 2013 14:28:55 11,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Upcoming European releases:

05/24 Fast & Furious: Showdown
    05/24 Resident Evil: Revelations
    05/24 Sniper Elite V2
    06/21 Ashes Cricket 2013
    06/28 Scribblenauts Unlimited
    07/19 The Smurfs 2
    08/30 Rayman Legends

No Euro date for Pikmin 3 yet.
  • LeoliansBro 1 May 2013 14:30:03 43,229 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    If a pipeline of seven games in total rocks your world, go nuts and go get a WiiU.

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 14:35:27 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    It is hard to believe that one of the worlds oldest games companies, who entered the HD race seven years after everyone else and therefore should have had access to more data about constructing HD games than you could shake a shitty wiimote at could underestimate how long production would take.

Its either bullshit or absolutely astonishing incompetence.
    I'd say "Bullshit" Nintendo understandably had very little software in production for the Wii as the popularity of the console surprised everyone. Nintendo were quite happy to take a back seat and collect royalties from shovel-ware. What prevented the Wii from full third party software support were the limitations of the hardware.

A high definition Wii should have been priority for Nintendo; launching around 2009/2010. This would have guaranteed third party support and ensured the Wii (brand) popularity. Many casual and first time gamers moved on from the Wii and upgraded to an Xbox 360 or PS3; people who were introduced to gaming through the Wii would have certainly upgraded to a Wii 2/HD console if it were available.

Launching an SD console with motion controls was a brave move back 2006; although less than 10% of US homes had a high definition TV back then. The unique selling point of the Wii was motion controls which in the evolution of consoles was one step forward, two steps back, considering HD gaming was the future.

So in 2012 (Nintendo late to the party) launch a HD console with the Gamepad as the USP; donít get me wrong Iím really enjoying the Wii U and the Gamepad is fantastic. But the console architecture and the Gamepad configuration/implementation will alienate Nintendo from the competition and third party support.

After Rayman, GTA V, Watch_Dogs, Deus Ex: Human Revolution, Splinter Cell: Blacklist, Rainbow Six: Patriot, COD Ghost, Bayonetta 2 and the annual half an update football game; there wonít be much else in development from third party studios for the Wii U. Even Tiger woods 2015 Wii U has been canned.

NNID Sid-Nice

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 14:38:11 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Tiger Woods is a surprise. I thought that sold like mad on the Wii.

He totally called it

• Luckyjim 1 May 2013 14:38:50 2,872 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Have I missed something? Is GTA V coming out on the Wii U?
  • Luckyjim 1 May 2013 14:39:42 2,872 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I think it's more to do with EA's spat with Nintendo.
  • Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 14:40:09 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I do believe that EA are dropping the franchise through poor sales on the PS3 and Xbox 360.

NNID Sid-Nice

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 14:41:01 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    That would make more sense. Good old Tiger.

He totally called it

• Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 14:41:35 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    I've got it up and running on my Wii U SDK as I type.

NNID Sid-Nice

• Luckyjim 1 May 2013 14:43:49 2,872 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Just like Crysis 3, eh ;-)
  • Sid-Nice 1 May 2013 14:49:12 15,852 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    Luckyjim wrote:
    Just like Crysis 3, eh ;-)
    Nintendo could get the game if they speculate to accumulate. Which would save the politically correct bullshit comments on why the game didn't make it on the Wii U. There is even a rumoured extra 6 hours of content in the Wii U version "The fucking loading screen." :)

Edited by Sid-Nice at 15:03:19 01-05-2013

NNID Sid-Nice

• CharlieStCloud 1 May 2013 16:00:27 5,077 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    This doesn't inspire much confidence, hey?

My humongous Tesco (ten miles ago from me) no longer sells Wii U stuff, which kind of took me by surprise this morning.
  • nickthegun 1 May 2013 16:02:49 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    My sainsburys doesnt sell Wii U games but, weirdly, still runs ads for them on the in store TV system.

He totally called it

• Cappy 1 May 2013 16:05:45 11,831 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Checking to see if I get the message would provide me with a reason to switch on my Wii at least. As a viable games machine it's practically dead.
  • Bremenacht 1 May 2013 16:11:31 17,613 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    I do hope they're not putting it off until November, so that they can call it their Christmas blockbuster.
  • Armoured_Bear 1 May 2013 16:27:21 10,288 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bremenacht wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    I do hope they're not putting it off until November, so that they can call it their Christmas blockbuster.
    It'll be around the other 2, early August I guess.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 1 May 2013 16:29:27 58,805 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Why would they release one of their tentpole games in the middle of summer?

He totally called it

• Page

of 1347 First / Last