Wii U Page 563

• Page

of 1212 First / Last

• neilka 22 Mar 2013 11:43:06 14,942 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Looking forward to Bioshock Infinite on the Wii U next Tuesday, given that it uses the aging UE3 it must have been child's play to port it and make it run as smooth as silk on this brand new hardware.
  • Deleted user 22 March 2013 11:51:02
    Bremenacht wrote:
    The problem is that all there really is to talk about on the Wii U is how good it might be when good games come out and that's about it.

Speculation alone on the other two consoles dwarfs the discussion of Wii U.

Yes, Nintendo might pull it out of the bag, but they show no sign of how they might do so.
    Thing is there is. Theres two eurogamer 9/10 games being released next week, and NFS MW looks like a very good port. Theres a small slew of games slowly being announced - deus ex, f1 all stars etc. Toki Toki got a early april release date announcement as well today. It gets mentioned in one post. And thats it. As soon as theres any remote discussion it just falls away and goes back to what is normal in this thread.

Edited by joelstinton at 11:51:24 22-03-2013
  • Psychotext 22 Mar 2013 11:56:22 52,797 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know Monster Hunter is today, but what's next week?
  • Kay 22 Mar 2013 11:56:53 17,403 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    The basic fact is that it was released six months too early.

They didnt want to send it out to die in summer and christmas 2013 would have seen it up against the big boys, so they kicked it out of the door to get at least one xmas under its belt.

A strategy that worked wonders.
    Actually, it was released a good three years too late.
  • Progguitarist 22 Mar 2013 11:57:09 10,316 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Lego City and NFS?
  • Roddles 22 Mar 2013 11:57:37 1,435 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Looking forward to Bioshock Infinite on the Wii U next Tuesday, given that it uses the aging UE3 it must have been child's play to port it and make it run as smooth as silk on this brand new hardware.
    You'd think. Batman AC didn't port any better.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Mar 2013 12:20:30 8,748 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    There are probably a hundred posts in just this thread telling us that it's not the WIi U failing, rather the whole market.

You only have to go back one measly page to see the latest reiterations of the assertion.

Try and discuss things like an adult ecosse.
    Learn to read.

joelstinton wrote:
    Roddles wrote:
    Tech, buzz, hype. It's why people want iPhones, iPads and Samsung Galaxy phones. They are expensive luxury items in the £400 price range that sell exceptionally well.

The new consoles slot right into that category.

You kind of proved a point. They are now all competing with each other. Jazzy Geoff might be right, the down turn in console sales is probably just a cyclical process, but at the same time the new consoles have to compete with eveything from ipads, to kindles, to smart phones. Its all apart of that luxury item market. The sales of previous consoles are going to be spread across a bigger range of products.

Its going to be a difficult time for all consoles, and i think sony realise that and trying to get out of the door and ramp up hype for the ps4 (and its working). People are not going to buy both consoles or all three consoles. Wii U might lure some consumers through the lower price and the mario kart and Mainline games.
    I will when you will.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• nickthegun 22 Mar 2013 12:22:40 55,869 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What?

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• DFawkes 22 Mar 2013 13:00:41 22,063 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Roddles wrote:.
    You'd think. Batman AC didn't port any better.
    I thought it ported quite well, though obviously I can only compare it to the section I played on the 360 demo. I even found the extra features quite immersive - having my own Batgadget in my hands is a nice touch :)

I take it when you've played it on Wii U, you've felt that the experience is weakened by the changed made? Because as much as I like the Batcomputer stuff, I can understand someone not liking that and preferring everything on their big TV screen.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Innuendobot_5000 22 Mar 2013 13:04:53 57 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    having my own Batgadget in my hands is a nice touch :)
    HEAVENS. TO. BETSY.
  • DFawkes 22 Mar 2013 13:12:33 22,063 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Innuendobot_5000 wrote:
    DFawkes wrote:
    having my own Batgadget in my hands is a nice touch :)
    HEAVENS. TO. BETSY.
    :D

It even talks to you when Alfred gets in touch.

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• nickthegun 22 Mar 2013 13:18:25 55,869 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-premium-pack-32gb-plus-zombieu-store-hmv-199-99-1507566

He totally called it

• Ultrasoundwave 22 Mar 2013 13:22:41 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Strewth!, not a bad deal that - i get the impression its not going to be there for long though......

"Look at banner Michael!"

• roz123 22 Mar 2013 13:26:37 7,107 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I went into the HMV in the Trocadero a couple of days ago, so sad seeing so many empty shelves (loads of copies of Rod Stewarts latest christmas album though). They were even selling off the fixtures and fittings.
    I think my local one shuts down today :( I might go in see if I can find a bargain.

Edited by roz123 at 13:27:20 22-03-2013
  • Cappy 22 Mar 2013 13:34:29 11,705 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Learn to read.
    Let's take a look at just that one page shall we? Just a quick skim yields:

I guess what i am trying to sale, Nintendo, Sony and Micorosoft might have to change there expectations of the console market, it might be a case like the psp, the console industry becomes a slow burning one, achieving smaller but more consistant sales over a longer period of time.
    I believe that the PS4 and next Xbox will also have a relatively slow start
    You'll find that throughout this thread, often reiterated by the same people. Ironically the same people would probably argue that it's too early to judge the Wii U as failure but they're happy to start carving tombstones for consoles that haven't even launched.

That's an inconsistency that means something.

Either way, the intent is to convince us that everybody will fail. Maybe Nintendo will fail the least, which is winning then isn't it? Go Nintendo!
  • ronuds 22 Mar 2013 13:52:46 21,788 posts
    Seen 8 months ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think MS will probably do best from the start, even though I can definitely envision them drawing most of the internet's ire. I just think the US wants another MS console and those sales -- and the many ways in which I believe MS will distribute them (cable providers(?), retail, etc.)-- will help them get off to a decent start. I also feel like they will have the more robust library for the first year or so - and that coupled with all of whatever extra services the console will link up to will make it seem more worthwhile.

The PS4 won't be left behind or anything, though. I see the PS4 having a much better start than the PS3, but not quite as good as the 720 - mainly due to the discrepancy in US sales.

I'm obviously talking out of my cornhole, but that's my prediction atm!
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Mar 2013 14:02:00 8,748 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Learn to read.

I guess what i am trying to sale, Nintendo, Sony and Micorosoft might have to change there expectations of the console market, it might be a case like the psp, the console industry becomes a slow burning one, achieving smaller but more consistant sales over a longer period of time.
    You'll find that throughout this thread, often reiterated by the same people. Ironically the same people would probably argue that it's too early to judge the Wii U as failure but they're happy to start carving tombstones for consoles that haven't even launched.

Either way, the intent is to convince us that everybody will fail. Maybe Nintendo will fail the least, which is winning then isn't it? Go Nintendo!
    Same post also said
    "Nintendo have failed miserably with the Wii U; not because the general public think “It’s on a par with 7 year old technology” and “The real next generation is just around the corner” Nintendo have failed with the Wii U because they failed to create a buzz."

That hardly fits in with your absurd mass generalisation, does it?
    Some people aren't convinced the other 2 consoles will sell well at the beginning but people are using might and maybe, we don't even know the price of them yet.
    People are validly concerned that the economy might be an influence, there are plenty of other possible reasons for the lack of success.
    No one is saying that the Wii U isn't failing because of lack of games, issues with hardware, whatever. They are just saying that there may be a few reasons combining, some of which may also effect other new consoles. Maybe they won't.
    I think that everyone agrees that the biggest problem the Wii U has is a lack of killer games.

If it had a load of killer games out, people wouldn't really give a shit about crappy batter life, lack of power, no ethernet, analogue triggers etc. because it's still all about the games.

I know that suit your bitter "Nintendo fans are like this, they say this, won't accept that" lunacy so feel free to continue your delusions and twist everything to suit your little view of the gaming world.

• Cappy 22 Mar 2013 14:06:46 11,705 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Good grief.

Admit it, Higgins was your sock.
  • JuanKerr 22 Mar 2013 14:12:12 36,094 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Cappy wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Learn to read.

Same post also said
    "Nintendo have failed miserably with the Wii U; not because the general public think “It’s on a par with 7 year old technology” and “The real next generation is just around the corner” Nintendo have failed with the Wii U because they failed to create a buzz."

That hardly fits in with your absurd mass generalisation, does it?
    Some people aren't convinced the other 2 consoles will sell well at the beginning but people are using might and maybe, we don't even know the price of them yet.
    People are validly concerned that the economy might be an influence, there are plenty of other possible reasons for the lack of success.
    No one is saying that the Wii U isn't failing because of lack of games, issues with hardware, whatever. They are just saying that there may be a few reasons combining, some of which may also effect other new consoles. Maybe they won't.
    I think that everyone agrees that the biggest problem the Wii U has is a lack of killer games.

If it had a load of killer games out, people wouldn't really give a shit about crappy batter life, lack of power, no ethernet, analogue triggers etc. because it's still all about the games.

I know that suit your bitter "Nintendo fans are like this, they say this, won't accept that" lunacy so feel free to continue your delusions and twist everything to suit your little view of the gaming world.
    A good, reasonable post.
  • Chopsen 22 Mar 2013 14:20:45 15,178 posts
    Seen 5 seconds ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Actually, I think crap controls and *definitely* crap battery life are a massive problem for a console.
  • Bremenacht 22 Mar 2013 14:26:29 15,756 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    If there's one person that comes across as bitter on this Forum at the moment, it's you. Pipe down a little.

(Even if people jump straight in after this to bait you)

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• Deleted user 22 March 2013 14:28:01
    It is the lack of games that's the biggest problem, true. But that problem is compounded by the tech inside the console, meaning a year from now it's not going to be getting equal-level ports with the PS4/XboxWhatever, it'll have the shitty last-gen ports that are farmed out to lower-class devs with a much lower budget, just like the Wii. And considering they were kind of banking on drawing back the "hardcore" crowd or whatever this time around, rather than assuming all the Wii Fit mums will buy it, it's not exactly something that can just be recovered by "some good games".
  • Bremenacht 22 Mar 2013 14:28:18 15,756 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Oh, and yes.

Only it hasn't. Pikmin 3 isn't killer, much as I'd love it. Nor is W101 or Monster Hunter in the West. The Mario games are how far off? At least a year?? It could be as good as dead in a year.

doh. @AB

Edited by Bremenacht at 14:29:01 22-03-2013

Once an eagle taught me courage. And I will never forget that day

• MrTomFTW Moderator 22 Mar 2013 14:32:08 36,285 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/wii-u-premium-pack-32gb-plus-zombieu-store-hmv-199-99-1507566
    Uh oh, I just felt the first twitch. Another 50 quid and I may have to consider it.

I totally called it.
    Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Ultrasoundwave 22 Mar 2013 14:36:31 3,097 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Despite being trolltastic, you raise a good point.

Why exactly arent games like the recent Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising, etc all being released on the Wii U?

I thought the whole point of the Wii U was to directly compete with the 360 and the PS3 and......it isnt.

"Look at banner Michael!"

• nickthegun 22 Mar 2013 14:40:52 55,869 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Why exactly arent games like the recent Tomb Raider, Dead Space 3, Bioshock Infinite, Metal Gear Rising, etc all being released on the Wii U?
    Because there is a spreadsheet somewhere named 'is it worth developing for the Wii U' and guess what all the numbers add up to?

He totally called it

• Roddles 22 Mar 2013 14:42:23 1,435 posts
    Seen 58 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
  • Nemesis 22 Mar 2013 14:43:56 18,446 posts
    Seen 9 seconds ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    MrTomFTW wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Uh oh, I just felt the first twitch. Another 50 quid and I may have to consider it.
    Just picked mine up from the Bluewater branch; to confirm... it's a standard Premium Box with NintendoLand and Zombie U as a separate game bundled in for 199. So no pro controller.
  • nickthegun 22 Mar 2013 14:45:23 55,869 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    To be honest, if it cant sell for, effectly £160 quid, it deserves to die.

He totally called it

• Armoured_Bear 22 Mar 2013 14:48:35 8,748 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    neilka wrote:
    Despite being trolltastic, you raise a good point.

I thought the whole point of the Wii U was to directly compete with the 360 and the PS3 and......it isnt.
    I guess that publishers don't think it's worth the investment, I don't quite understand it though.

• Page

of 1212 First / Last