Wii U Page 447

• Page

of 1386 First / Last

• jellyhead 25 Jan 2013 11:12:32 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Nintendo Club Points so you can get nintendo branded tat for 'free' from Club Nintendo - UK.

I just want to register my Wii-U.

edit: Cheers, midi. I'll double check my account in a minute.

Edited by jellyhead at 11:12:57 25-01-2013

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Ultrasoundwave 25 Jan 2013 11:16:15 3,388 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    Nintendo Club Points so you can get nintendo branded tat for 'free' from Club Nintendo - UK.
    You say branded tat, however, as soon as i saw this i became very interested in getting more points :

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• Kay 25 Jan 2013 11:27:14 17,950 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    I still find it unreal that virtually a full 2 years after release, Zelda OoT is the highest rated 3DS game and there's fuck all other retail games (other than Mario Land) to get any 90%+ critical acclaim. Nothing 3DS wise today either.
    While I agree that there's been a disappointing lack of major releases for the 3DS in the past year, surely you can't expect many handheld games to get 90+ metacritic scores? It very rarely happens.

A quick look confirms that the DS had a grand total of seven 90+ rated games - that's over its eight-year lifespan - whilst the PSP just had two. The 3DS is already on four (including OoT).
  • nickthegun 25 Jan 2013 11:50:13 60,975 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    90 is a high benchmark for anything. I bet if you lowered the bar to 80 there would be literally dozens of great games on both platforms.

The 3DS doesnt even have that slightly lower tier or even one below that.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• richardiox 25 Jan 2013 11:58:06 5,707 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah my 90+ comment could be extended to 80+. If you removed eShop software it's a pretty sparse list for a console that has been out for two years. This discussion is obviously in totally the wrong thread.

My reason for mentioning it is that in 2011 Nintendo "pulled a WiiU" by saying "don't worry we have Luigi's Mansion, Animal X'ing etc on the way". Almost two full years later neither is actually out. My point being, I honestly think most of the WiiU games announced this week won't be available in Europe until late 2014, maybe 2015.

It's OK front loading your line ups if there's lots of software planned in the interim but with 3DS that hasn't been the case. With the massive lack of 3rd party multiplatform support the WiiU is facing, yet again Nintendo are totally reliant on their own first party studios - and their development times are leaving huge gaps in the release schedules.
  • Kay 25 Jan 2013 11:58:15 17,950 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That's rather harsh, if you're going to compare the libraries of two eight-year old consoles with one that's been out for under two years.

Also, you have to remember that the benchmark has been raised. Many of the games that were considered "great" during the early years of the DS are the sort of games you can now play on your phone for the price of a chocolate bar.
  • nickthegun 25 Jan 2013 12:00:46 60,975 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think its pretty much undeniable that the 3DS has far too few games out.

Hopefully nintendo havent got any other hardware launches in the pipeline so they wont have to abandon any more of their consoles.

---------------------------------------------------------
    My man gives real loving that's why I call him Killer
    He's not a wham-bam-thank-you-ma'am, he's a thriller

• Kay 25 Jan 2013 12:02:44 17,950 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    My reason for mentioning it is that in 2011 Nintendo "pulled a WiiU" by saying "don't worry we have Luigi's Mansion, Animal X'ing etc on the way". Almost two full years later neither is actually out. My point being, I honestly think most of the WiiU games announced this week won't be available in Europe until late 2014, maybe 2015.

It's OK front loading your line ups if there's lots of software planned in the interim but with 3DS that hasn't been the case. With the massive lack of 3rd party multiplatform support the WiiU is facing, yet again Nintendo are totally reliant on their own first party studios - and their development times are leaving huge gaps in the release schedules.
    Yeah, can't disgree with this. Nintendo can't be trusted with release dates, so dont hold your breath over the big games. They did the same with the Wii, Mario Galaxy was due to be a launch title but came out a year later.
  • richardiox 25 Jan 2013 12:05:00 5,707 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    That's rather harsh, if you're going to compare the libraries of two eight-year old consoles with one that's been out for under two years.

Also, you have to remember that the benchmark has been raised. Many of the games that were considered "great" during the early years of the DS are the sort of games you can now play on your phone for the price of a chocolate bar.
    So after 24months the 3DS does have a big library of must have software then? And the release schedule for the next 6 months is full?

I would take your point if this years release calendar was crammed with software for the consoles third year on sale, but it really isn't.
  • CharlieStCloud 25 Jan 2013 12:20:01 5,350 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    You say branded tat, however, as soon as I saw this I became very interested in getting some more points:

Oohhh.

The last time I looked on Club Nintendo was when I purchased my 3DS last year.

... looks like I have 6500 points!

Does the Super Nintendo pad works on the Wii U?
  • MoGamer2006 25 Jan 2013 12:40:51 977 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oooh, that SNES controller is niiiiice.... :)
  • quadfather 25 Jan 2013 12:42:33 13,144 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Very nice.

Sigh, I must keep out of this thread till I can afford a wii u :)

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• RyanDS 25 Jan 2013 12:48:07 9,712 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    So I just used my stars to get a card for 1,000 points which I can then use to buy something on wii ware through the wii u wii mode that I can then pay extra to pay on my Wii U at some point in the future. (Someone really should explain to Nintendo how accounts, the internet and general eshops work.)

Anyway, given 1,000 points, what do people reccomend on the wii store that is accessible through my wii u that I can't use for wii u stuff but I am paying for the stuff with the stars I got for the wii u.
  • CharlieStCloud 25 Jan 2013 13:00:06 5,350 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Anyway, given 1,000 points, what do people reccomend on the wii store that is accessible through my wii u that I can't use for wii u stuff but I am paying for the stuff with the stars I got for the wii u.
    : )

That's Nintendo for you!

I would highly recommend any of the following:

And Yet It Moves
    Art of Balance
    BIT.TRIP RUNNER
    Bomberman Blast
    Excitebike (both the NES and WiiWare game is brilliant)
    LostWinds (and the lovely sequel, Winter of the Melodias)
    NyxQuest: Kindred Spirits
    Swords & Soldiers
    WarioWare D.I.Y.
    World of Goo
  • Blaketown 25 Jan 2013 13:14:11 4,903 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Wow! WiiWare died on it's arse then? That's pretty much the same list I would have compiled when I was paying attention to the Wii, probably over 2 years ago.

Brap, brap, old chap.

• quadfather 25 Jan 2013 13:14:40 13,144 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    World of goo and And Yet It Moves - seconded

psn quaddy456, Dark Souls tips

• AcidSnake 25 Jan 2013 13:37:23 7,289 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I quite enjoyed Art Style Orbient...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Armoured_Bear 25 Jan 2013 13:38:23 11,652 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I have a 3,000 points card but no Wii so it's completely wasted :-(

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 13:39:33 25-01-2013

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Youthist 25 Jan 2013 13:43:44 10,054 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    50Hz? Welcome to 1990. Unbelievable.

"Good chess players think one move ahead. Great chess players think two or three moves ahead."

• DaM 25 Jan 2013 13:47:07 13,435 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I must have a few 1000 points unclaimed - there was some screw up years ago, a website was giving them away free. Think I dished out a few here, but never used the rest.
  • RyanDS 25 Jan 2013 13:48:11 9,712 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I thought you had a wii u?
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Jan 2013 13:48:51 11,652 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I do but AFAIK the points systems are incompatible, you can't use Wii points in the EShop

• DFawkes 25 Jan 2013 13:49:05 23,722 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I know I'm the only one, which is fine, but I want exactly the same experience I had when I played them when I was younger, so 50Hz is fine. In fact I far prefer it, and always will.

No excuse for not giving you the option though, or if you have to go with one, go with the far more popular consensus of preferring 60Hz. Seems like the smart thing to do. Not that I mind, I get my way :p

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• RyanDS 25 Jan 2013 13:49:58 9,712 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    I do but AFAIK the points systems are incompatible, you can't use Wii points in the EShop
    You can, just boot up in wii mode, and access the wii store via there.
  • Armoured_Bear 25 Jan 2013 13:51:06 11,652 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Aha, so just put a wii game in and boot?

• ecu 25 Jan 2013 13:54:18 77,217 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    I know I'm the only one, which is fine, but I want exactly the same experience I had when I played them when I was younger, so 50Hz is fine. In fact I far prefer it, and always will.
    It almost always makes the games worse though. I had the 50Hz experience when I was younger too, but nostalgia only works up to a point. Then you just want to play the game at the speed it was designed at instead of slow motion. The Sonic games in particular at just agonizing at 50hz.
  • Deleted user 25 January 2013 13:54:29
    Wait, Wii Points aren't compatible with the Wii U - why the fucking fuck not? Bad enough you can't access your previous content.
  • richardiox 25 Jan 2013 13:57:45 5,707 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @mowgli
    The reason why is an 8 letter word beginning with N
  • mal 25 Jan 2013 13:58:26 22,787 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Are they not? The last points cards I got had a monetary value for 3DS and Wii U and a points value for the Wii, so I assume they'd merged the two systems at some point. Only one code, but it does both.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• RyanDS 25 Jan 2013 14:00:34 9,712 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    RyanDS wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Aha, so just put a wii game in and boot?
    Nope. Boot up wii u as normal. Click on "Wii" click "okay" or confirm or whatever it says. They system will reboot into wii mode and it will have the old wii menu including the old store.
  • Page

of 1386 First / Last