Wii U Page 425

• Page

of 1348 First / Last

• Jazzy_Geoff 9 Jan 2013 00:56:00 7,767 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I like Clive Barker. I thought the game was passable/meh.
  • Psychotext 9 Jan 2013 01:05:54 53,855 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I see Time Crisis hiding in there too.
  • Jazzy_Geoff 9 Jan 2013 01:15:08 7,767 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I liked the move demo of that. I haven't actually playd the full game (yet).
  • Khanivor 9 Jan 2013 02:47:09 40,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MS should fund an XBLA game that uses Smartglass as a second screen over the 360s wifi. Just to piss in Nintendos cornflakes.
  • Khanivor 9 Jan 2013 02:52:48 40,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    They could also release a plastic thingame that attaches to the socket at the base of the 360 controller which could hold smartphones. Piss in Nvidia's while they are at it.
  • Psychotext 9 Jan 2013 03:07:46 53,855 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Wouldn't it be easier to just have a cornflake pissing game?
  • Khanivor 9 Jan 2013 04:46:12 40,402 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I thought that was what this thread was :)
  • PhoenixFlames 9 Jan 2013 08:01:30 8,899 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    This still going on? I don't feel the need to defend the Wii U because I'm too busy enjoying it.

If it only lasts 2 years then fine. I won't be bothered about 300 I spent 2 years ago.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• Blakester 9 Jan 2013 09:35:19 3,580 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Frankly a lot of the posters in this thread are best described as mentally unstable.

I'm not sure why there is such a issue with people who have bought the console stating they are enjoying it. It's not like I've shagged your sister and then gone on a public forum to explain in detail my favourite parts of the experience.

In fact, I bought a coffee this morning, and it's very nice. Would you like to criticise that too? Maybe I should be ashamed for not going for tea.

It's a shame because I would actually like to talk with fellow Wii U owners in this thread about the games and system, but it's attracting the mouth-breathers so I might have to give it a wide-berth for a while.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Ultrasoundwave 9 Jan 2013 09:51:52 3,269 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    It's a shame because I would actually like to talk with fellow Wii U owners in this thread about the games and system, but it's attracting the mouth-breathers so I might have to give it a wide-berth for a while.
    The current thread trend seems to be 'WiiU gamers talk about the console/games for about three pages' followed by 'Non-WiiU gamers slag it off for ten pages'.

Give it time.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• RunningMan 9 Jan 2013 09:55:53 2,386 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • jellyhead 9 Jan 2013 10:02:44 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Blakester I'd say it's mainly bored people trolling and the others are people who are disappointed with their new Nintendo console and the lack of momentum behind it.

Even Nintendo seem a bit apathetic to me.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Zizoo 9 Jan 2013 10:13:12 8,115 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    An appropriate thread for this video. Make sure you can hear the guy watching the trailer:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WJHfy1KLotI&feature=youtu.be

Edited by ZizouFC at 10:15:19 09-01-2013
  • Cappy 9 Jan 2013 10:26:38 11,832 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    So you're judging a system entirely on flawed logic and refuse to actually play it?

I can't help but feel this guy's an idiot, and there's an overabundance of them when it comes to Nintendo on Eurogamer. I just don't know what's so specific about EG + Nintendo hate (even Kotaku's not this bad, and it's pretty awful).
    Since we're getting started on the name calling, how much more simply can I explain it you imbecile? You can't look at two different objects at once, therefore one screen will always be superfluous.

Furthermore, constantly having to switch attention between screens breaks immersion. Obviously it impresses some, no doubt the same contingent who were impressed by holding up a Wii Remote to their ear so they can pretend it's a phone. Perhaps Fisher-Price products would better suit their needs.

As for the play in bed, whilst on the toilet etc. justification. That's mostly been dealt with before, I guess lurking in toilets feels natural to the sort of people who early adopt Nintendo consoles.

I'm particularly peeved by the absolutely outrageous assertion from some users that people shouldn't post opinions that they don't like or agree with. Who the Hell are you to think you can dictate what people should be able to post?

This is a discussion forum, not a fan club and that particular behaviour is a bannable offence on GAF for a very good reason, besides being highly unpleasant and causing arguments, it results in horrible threads with no real discussion or worth, they become repellent circle jerks.

I cut your console and you bleed. If that applies to anybody in here, you've got a serious problem.
  • Pinky_Floyd 9 Jan 2013 10:40:11 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Who cares what they do on GAF? Its a shithole.
  • jellyhead 9 Jan 2013 10:47:33 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ha ha ha ha, shithole. Comedy Glod.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• AcidSnake 9 Jan 2013 11:04:55 7,222 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Cappy:
    You made the point that the GamePad is only good as an inventory screen and could be substituted by an on screen menu...I countered that an on screen menu could not be taken into another room...
    It wasn't a statement of merit about taking it into another room, merely stating a fact...For some people that makes a difference...

Saying that's "been dealt with" before doesn't make it any less valid against your statement that also has been dealt with...

As for the switching between screens breaking immersion, there are some users here who said it augmented the game...But that's just opinions I guess...

I do agree with you that all opinions may be voiced, negative/positive alike...I think what some people have complained about is some posters coming in blatantly trolling...
    Nothing you can do about that I guess...

AcidSnake - He can't see your sig, avatar, images or vids and talks about himself in the third person because he's proper old-skool...UID 24017

• Armoured_Bear 9 Jan 2013 11:34:14 10,308 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Cappy wrote:As for the play in bed, whilst on the toilet etc. justification. That's mostly been dealt with before, I guess lurking in toilets feels natural to the sort of people who early adopt Nintendo consoles.
    That's really pathetic Cappy.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Armoured_Bear 9 Jan 2013 11:35:34 10,308 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    BTW Trolling is also a bannable offence on GAF.

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Deleted user 9 January 2013 11:37:33
    @Cappy Was going to write a big long response, but realized it wouldn't be worth it. There's plenty of discussions on the benefits of the Gamepad, I'm sure you'd be able to find more and learn more if you'd like to take the time (it's clear you wouldn't), or at the very least try it out. Please avoid the hypocrisy and actually experience something before making an analysis.

I'm going to go listen/half-watch an episode of Family Guy and play Arkham City on the gamepad in bed. Hell, I can't see two screens at the same time, but I get to enjoy both just as much. I really see/experience how that's fun in the future (with your own game/TV show of choice).

Edited by Jordyce at 11:38:40 09-01-2013
  • LeoliansBro 9 Jan 2013 11:42:33 43,246 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Did they ban you then?

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 11:43:13 58,885 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Which he isnt doing and you would have been banned for before you had a chance to poison the entire forum against nintendo.

So, maybe not a bad policy..

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Blakester 9 Jan 2013 11:44:07 3,580 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Having such a strong negative opinion on something you have little to no experience with is I think somewhat odd.

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Psychotext 9 Jan 2013 11:48:23 53,855 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Jordyce wrote:
    I'm going to go listen/half-watch an episode of Family Guy and play Arkham City on the gamepad in bed. Hell, I can't see two screens at the same time, but I get to enjoy both just as much. I really see/experience how that's fun in the future (with your own game/TV show of choice).
    See I can completely appreciate that as an advantage for some, but people
    need to realise that sort of thing really isn't attractive for everyone.

I'd personally never play a game and watch a TV show at the same time (you're not really paying proper attention to either). That aside, I've never had to give up a TV to my missus or kids because:

A: We have loads of TVs.
    B: We don't have kids.

I can absolutely see why it would be a cool feature for those that need it though.

Edited by Psychotext at 11:49:09 09-01-2013
  • nickthegun 9 Jan 2013 11:48:59 58,885 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think everyone who is commenting has read or experienced enough about the Wii U to have formed a pretty decent opinion.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• Pinky_Floyd 9 Jan 2013 11:53:49 7,448 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    GAFgafgafgafmoanmoanwhingewhingebloodygafisashithole.
  • Psychotext 9 Jan 2013 12:04:58 53,855 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    What's with the sudden obsession with other forums?
  • captbirdseye 9 Jan 2013 12:06:20 4,787 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    What a mess this thread is :S.
  • Deleted user 9 January 2013 12:08:23
    Psychotext wrote:
    See I can completely appreciate that as an advantage for some, but people
    need to realise that sort of thing really isn't attractive for everyone.

I'd personally never play a game and watch a TV show at the same time (you're not really paying proper attention to either). That aside, I've never had to give up a TV to my missus or kids because:

A: We have loads of TVs.
    B: We don't have kids.

I can absolutely see why it would be a cool feature for those that need it though.
    At the same time, there's heaps of people who sing the praises of the immersion of Zombi U... which I don't quite understand. I understand the concept of looking between one screen and another to create tension or to move around with the gamepad to create a 3D world, but it's not an idea I'm actively seeking out or have much interest in. Different strokes for different folks. I'm always multitasking, and never have the time or will to sit in front of a TV and dedicate 100% attention to gaming. I like that the Gamepad has different uses/appeals.

My other primary use for it is multi-player.

nickthegun wrote:
    I think everyone who is commenting has read or experienced enough about the Wii U to have formed a pretty decent opinion.
    While people are still dismissing the Gamepad as just a touch screen for inventories, I think that's not quite the case.
  • Page

of 1348 First / Last