Wii U Page 416

• Page

of 1345 First / Last

• Ultrasoundwave 4 Jan 2013 15:14:50 3,264 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Think a lot of 'gamers' will happily wait until E3 to see what Microsoft and Sony are up to.

I am glad some folks on here are enjoying the Wii U, especially Nintendo Land, but everything about the poor launch and the barebones line-up is awfully discouraging.

When was the last time a console had a great launch?. When i got my (first) 360 i was playing FIFA : Road to the World Cup and King Kong. When i got the PS3, I was playing the GT5 Prologue. :eek: . The WiiU launch is much better in comparison.

The Vita probably had one of the strongest launches in terms of the games available but the overall sales were pap.

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• jellyhead 4 Jan 2013 15:15:40 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I really doubt Sony or Microsoft will have anything out this year, maybe christmas at the earliest. For me i usually get the Nintendo console and then one of the other two and that covers everything i care about on the console side of things. I'm a PC gamer at heart.

I think i need to take a step back regarding the Wii-U. I've enough to be getting on with as it is so i've no real need to get a Wii-U aside from it being oh so shiny and new... so, so tempting.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• CharlieStCloud 4 Jan 2013 15:25:00 5,024 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    When was the last time a console had a great launch?
    In that you didn't have a company of said console openly telling people to unbox their new toy and finish all the painfully slow update(s) before Christmas Day.

The Wii U had a 'much better' launch than the others because most of the games were either six to twelve months old, or a recent-ish port. Only ZombiU was done from ground up!

Not sure why you were playing FIFA and King Kong though when the likes of Amped, Call of Duty, Condemned, Kameo, Perfect Dark Zero and Project Gotham Racing were available at launch...

Edited by CharlieStCloud at 15:26:00 04-01-2013
  • yupyup 4 Jan 2013 15:46:46 3,678 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Nah. It wont have been a thai bride as the japanese are so racist.
    I've read before that, as a people, they have no souls.

Hands Off Our Penises

• Blakester 4 Jan 2013 15:59:42 3,567 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    When was the last time a console had a great launch?
    The Wii U had a 'much better' launch than the others because most of the games were either six to twelve months old, or a recent-ish port. Only ZombiU was done from ground up!

Erm....Nintendoland, New Super Mario Bros U?

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 16:00:37 43,170 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Nothing says 'next gen' like an online tech demo full of mini games when the online offering is so shit, and a 2D platformer.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• Raiko101 4 Jan 2013 16:38:29 6,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Once again we see those who don't own a Wii U trying their hardest to convince themselves not to get one.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• nickthegun 4 Jan 2013 16:39:39 58,782 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I dont think its going to take much convincing.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 16:41:17 43,170 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Raiko101 wrote:
    Once again we see those who don't own a Wii U trying their hardest to convince themselves not to get one.
    Yeah, I'm really fighting the urge here.

• jellyhead 4 Jan 2013 16:52:17 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    jellyhead wrote:
    Saw that earlier. This is what happens when you tie games to a device not an account.

It's not the users fault Nintendo don't have a clue about online accounts or accounts in general but by the same token it's not Nintendo's fault the user didn't wipe the machine properly before trading it in.

I'm off to CEX this lunchtime :)
    The system was wiped properly, it makes no difference.
    They deleted their account from the eShop settings before formatting?

This signature intentionally left blank.

• dazcox5181 4 Jan 2013 16:56:50 291 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not slating it at all, really want one and having had a few consoles with dodgy support/launches (Amiga cd32 anyone? Gamegear) am trying to resist this time! Played on one earlier though and was nearly gonna buy but the thought of the beating I'd receive put me off!

http://gizmodad.co.uk

• Psychotext 4 Jan 2013 17:41:27 53,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It does seem real difficult.

Sadly that wont be sarcasm when Pikmin 3 comes out.
  • Blakester 4 Jan 2013 17:47:44 3,567 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Psychotext wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It does seem real difficult.

Sadly that wont be sarcasm when Pikmin 3 comes out.
    Why wait? The Pikmin mini-game in Nintendoland is epic!

• Psychotext 4 Jan 2013 17:48:48 53,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No.
  • neilka 4 Jan 2013 17:50:23 15,628 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not quite as epic as the Pikmin system transfer mini-game.
  • NOSAVIOUR 4 Jan 2013 17:50:26 2,802 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @LeoliansBro since when does it have to say next gen. Wii U screams fun, it's Nintendo and HD. That's more than enough to rekindle my love for them and I know they'll deliver in the future past wonderful 101, Pikimin 3, rayman legends.
  • Psychotext 4 Jan 2013 17:53:57 53,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hated the Rayman Legends demo. I really, really don't like having to look at one screen and then the other. I really hope that sort of stuff doesn't get used to much.
  • LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 17:56:05 43,170 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    NOSAVIOUR wrote:
    @LeoliansBro since when does it have to say next gen. Wii U screams fun, it's Nintendo and HD. That's more than enough to rekindle my love for them and I know they'll deliver in the future past wonderful 101, Pikimin 3, rayman legends.
    Oh nobody

• LeoliansBro 4 Jan 2013 17:58:17 43,170 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Course, I already own the best current gen console. And 300 could either buy me loads of games on the 360 or a gimmicky console which isn't even being supported or marketed by its makers and might have some games that might be good, sometime.

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 18:01:02
    Psychotext wrote:
    I hated the Rayman Legends demo. I really, really don't like having to look at one screen and then the other. I really hope that sort of stuff doesn't get used to much.
    That is the entire basis of the system!
  • Psychotext 4 Jan 2013 18:07:04 53,782 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Not entirely. You don't have to use it that way.

Frankly, if Pikmin uses it for much more than selecting units and showing the map they can stick it up their arses.
  • Raiko101 4 Jan 2013 18:34:06 6,054 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @LeoliansBro That's your opinion. I've only bought 3 games for my 360 in the past year and they were all Arcade games. All amazing games, but next to nothing else has interested me (with the exception of Far Cry 3!). Yet, i've bought 5 retail and 3 downloadable titles for my Wii U in one month.

Edited by Raiko101 at 18:35:38 04-01-2013

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• PrivateFloyd 4 Jan 2013 18:38:51 4,102 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    goddamn there are some utter bellends in this forum.

Goat is hungry.....

• Sid-Nice 4 Jan 2013 18:40:28 15,852 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Only ZombiU was done from ground up!
    ZombiU is actually based on a canned Xbox 360 game (Killer Freaks from Outer Space) the original code was designed for the Xenon not the Espresso. Obviously Ubisoft have rebuilt the game around the Gamepad; but the London setting of the game was already coded.

NNID Sid-Nice

• scoobysi 4 Jan 2013 19:00:33 882 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    goddamn there are some utter bellends in this forum.
    On the up side they're not buying a Wii U and therefore not polluting Miiverse.
  • Blakester 4 Jan 2013 20:06:27 3,567 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    Course, I already own the best current gen console. And 300 could either buy me loads of games on the 360 or a gimmicky console which isn't even being supported or marketed by its makers and might have some games that might be good, sometime.
    Amateurish trolling.

• ResidentKnievel 4 Jan 2013 20:08:54 6,110 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    True though

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• DFawkes 4 Jan 2013 20:17:40 22,584 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sid-Nice wrote:
    CharlieStCloud wrote:
    Only ZombiU was done from ground up!
    ZombiU is actually based on a canned Xbox 360 game (Killer Freaks from Outer Space) the original code was designed for the Xenon not the Espresso. Obviously Ubisoft have rebuilt the game around the Gamepad; but the London setting of the game was already coded.
    Really? I knew it was a an offshoot of KFFOS, but had no idea KFFOS was ever actually in development as a 360 game. Do you know of any articles that might detail it's development history? I can't seem to find any but would love to read up on it. All I can find is an interview with VP Tony Key saying KF was supposed to be a Wii U tech demo, and another article saying it was initially proposed as a Rabbits game for 360/PS3, which certainly suggests it could've been. Nothing solid though, as I say I'd love to read up on it :)

Edited by DFawkes at 20:19:00 04-01-2013

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Deleted user 4 January 2013 20:37:36
    mowgli wrote:
    Psychotext wrote:
    That is the entire basis of the system!
    Really? Fuck I've bought the wrong system!!
  • Armoured_Bear 4 Jan 2013 20:41:27 10,246 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    You're utterly tiresome, fuck off and play your 360 instead of polluting this thread with the same shite over and over.
    Please.

Edited by Armoured_Bear at 20:41:41 04-01-2013

XBL : ecosse011172
    PSN : ecosse_011172
    NNID : armoured_bear

• Page

of 1345 First / Last