Wii U Page 413

• Page

of 1354 First / Last

• Deleted user 29 December 2012 14:45:00
    Not in the slightest, like using the PS Vita.
  • Deleted user 29 December 2012 15:06:48
    mowgli wrote:
    I don't have a vita :/

I wish the demo pods were more helpful!

I remember spending hours in my local Chips on Ready to Rumble leading up to the Dreamcast release.
  • Baleoce 29 Dec 2012 15:53:03 1,185 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    I own both and yeah the Vita/Wii U browsers are similar. Wii U just edges the performance. And personally, I like scrolling and zooming with the 2 analogues, which the Vita doesn't do. Don't see why they can't patch that in, seen as it's the same team I believe.

Steam: Baleoce
    PSN: Baleoce
    Nintendo Network: Baleoce

• Baleoce 29 Dec 2012 15:53:50 1,185 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Colonial Marines isn't exclusive. But yeah I'll probably get it on Wii U just for the motion tracker xD

• mal 29 Dec 2012 16:46:00 22,414 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mal wrote:
    markyHD wrote:
    Points Cards = Dsi and Wii
    Eshop vouchers = 3DS and Wii U
    Hmm, that's what I thought. However, the image from the GAME website suggests that eShop vouchers work on 3DS, Wii and DSi shops (presumably the ones they're showing haven't been updated to include the Wii U).
    It would appear they've actually combined the two card systems. The cards I got actually have a points value as well, which you can almost see below the price in the top right on the image I posted. 15 quid is 1700 points, which actually isn't a bad exchange rate if you're still using a Wii or DSi, as the Amazon price for a mere 1000 points is over 15 quid at the moment (although on inspection, that price is a little inflated due to scarcity of the older cards, it seems).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• [maven] 29 Dec 2012 18:00:46 5,152 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I still have (for some odd reason) point currency for the Wii (which I'd love to transfer to the Wii U equivalent).
    Also, has anyone bought a full game (like Zombie U) on the store? I know it's overpriced as hell, but I'm lazy and the shops are closed. But as the internal flash of the Wii U seems rather slow, I don't want to do it if the downloaded games run slower or anything.
  • ResidentKnievel 30 Dec 2012 17:11:07 6,172 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    225 for the Wii U Premium through ebay with Zavvi:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/350680200851
    So this has sold almost 400 units at the time of this post, 2 days after it was listed, is that good or bad or what

[code]Armoured_Bear wrote:
    Unlike yourself, I don't have a weird obsession with any platform.[/code]

• bemaniac 30 Dec 2012 17:32:06 62 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

So this has sold almost 400 units at the time of this post, 2 days after it was listed, is that good or bad or what
    Worryingly low for 75 off. Maybe if it was the Zombi U pack for 275 it would be in the thousands.
  • bemaniac 30 Dec 2012 17:32:48 62 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @[maven] My games are installing on the external drive by default which is an SSD so they load faster
  • DFawkes 30 Dec 2012 18:36:39 22,762 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ResidentKnievel wrote:
    ResidentKnievel wrote:

So this has sold almost 400 units at the time of this post, 2 days after it was listed, is that good or bad or what?
    Given it's right after the days most people would have bought theirs already, and not everyone knows about that deal, it's not bad. Not great either, given it's one of the first that comes up if you search ebay for Wii U, but not everyone will think to search ebay for a new Wii U. So all in all, that's pretty reasonable :)

Edited by DFawkes at 18:38:00 30-12-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• Psychotext 30 Dec 2012 18:45:06 53,918 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Given it's right after the days most people would have bought theirs already, and not everyone knows about that deal, it's not bad. Not great either, given it's one of the first that comes up if you search ebay for Wii U, but not everyone will think to search ebay for a new Wii U. So all in all, that's pretty reasonable :)
    It's been one of the hottest items on Hot UK Deals for the last two days. It's a shit number of sales considering.
  • DFawkes 30 Dec 2012 18:48:54 22,762 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Not really, as I say not everyone camps out on Hot Deals UK and most people that really wanted one would probably have one. Definitely not a terrible number by any stretch of the imagination, though certainly unremarkable. If it was that on their own site then I have to admit it'd be poor.

Edited by DFawkes at 18:55:17 30-12-2012

• Gaol 30 Dec 2012 18:53:59 2,263 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Thing is, if it had been 225 at launch I'd have bought one. The hype machine has passed now though and I'm happy to wait for the software catalogue to fill out. Ofc if Sony or Microsoft release a new machine before that happens I might never get round to it.
  • Moz 30 Dec 2012 19:13:34 494 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I'm one of those 400 thanx to the post in this thread. It's not a bad number given its a purposely under promoted offer but a welcome one :)
  • Psychotext 30 Dec 2012 19:15:58 53,918 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DFawkes wrote:
    Not really, as I say not everyone camps out on Hot Deals UK
    I've personally seen a 400 item sell hundreds of units in under an hour thanks to HUKD's attention. I think you'd be surprised just how many people use the site.
  • nickthegun 30 Dec 2012 19:28:44 59,363 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Never underestimate the HUKD vermin. If a deal is good enough, they will clear it out before it hits the bargain pages of this very forum.

---------------------------------------------------------
    He totally called it

• DFawkes 30 Dec 2012 19:46:57 22,762 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Is the ZombiU bundle a Limited Edition? I was hoping to get that when I have the money but it already seems hard to get. Not that it matters, I'm just as happy buying it separately. Heck, now that I think about it I'd probably prefer it that way so I can buy a different game as there are games I want more than ZombiU first.

• dunny 30 Dec 2012 22:43:06 434 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I have a wii u on the way. Is nintendoland enough to keep me interested without another game? Christmas with the family is over so i'll mostly be playing single player in the short term. Thinking of maybe getting NSMBWU as well, but am prepared to wait if nintendoland will keep me occupied.

What do you think?
  • Baleoce 31 Dec 2012 00:02:27 1,185 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    dunny wrote:
    I have a wii u on the way. Is nintendoland enough to keep me interested without another game? I'll mostly be playing single player in the short term.

What do you think?
    Based on the info above, you'll need something else as well to keep you interested.

• Anthony_UK 31 Dec 2012 00:14:39 2,473 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Gaol wrote:
    Thing is, if it had been 225 at launch I'd have bought one. The hype machine has passed now though and I'm happy to wait for the software catalogue to fill out. Ofc if Sony or Microsoft release a new machine before that happens I might never get round to it.
    This x 1 million, the terrible demo pod's in Game don't exactly make me regret not picking one up either, which is a shame because I want to want one!
  • PhoenixFlames 31 Dec 2012 09:30:23 8,942 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I still think its a great console. I'm going to try out Trine 2 today now I've finished the addictive Walking Dead on iPad.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• thekiddie 31 Dec 2012 09:31:45 15 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    dunny wrote:
    I have a wii u on the way. Is nintendoland enough to keep me interested without another game? Christmas with the family is over so i'll mostly be playing single player in the short term. Thinking of maybe getting NSMBWU as well, but am prepared to wait if nintendoland will keep me occupied.

What do you think?
    Nintendoland is amazing,
    Bought on friday and have not put it down,
    Its obviously brilliant when you have 2-5 players but the depth
    To the single player stuff is incredible, and the feel of the pad on some of these
    Games is like when you 1st played super mario 64 with that analogue.
    It truly is a stunning 12 game collection, and when they do a patch to include leaderboards it will be insane.

I also love mario and zombie u, i was sceptical thinking there was no
    Software at launch, but how wrong you can be, amazing console.
    And iam a 39 year old hardcore gamer, albeit ive grown up on nintendo when young.
  • thekiddie 31 Dec 2012 09:35:19 15 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I would advise to compliment nintendoland with zombie u or NSMBWu.
    Always nice to have a change when needed.
  • Gregolution 31 Dec 2012 09:42:20 3,175 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I've complimented NintendoLand and ZombiU with quite a few Wii classics. I played 2 hours of Wii Sports Resort last night with my son -absolutely brilliant and only cost me 12 quid!

I really hope they do a Wii Sports Resort U....
  • dunny 31 Dec 2012 10:17:31 434 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks, I think I'll get NSMBWU today. Zombie U looks appealing but I've had my fill of FPS games recently (even if the perspective is the only thing it has in common with shooters) so might save that for a later purchase.

Also quite looking forward to being able to play remotely off screen, which I don't think you can do with zombie u, right?
  • Gregolution 31 Dec 2012 10:31:02 3,175 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    dunny wrote:
    Thanks, I think I'll get NSMBWU today. Zombie U looks appealing but I've had my fill of FPS games recently (even if the perspective is the only thing it has in common with shooters) so might save that for a later purchase.

Also quite looking forward to being able to play remotely off screen, which I don't think you can do with zombie u, right?
    No, the gamepad is an intergral part of the game controls so you can't use it only. You can with Mario though.
  • Deleted user 31 December 2012 10:33:02
    dunny wrote:

What do you think?
    It's my most played game, only played it multiplayer once, there's lots in it, your mileage may vary of course.
  • Gregolution 31 Dec 2012 13:55:31 3,175 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Looked up the release schedule for the Wii U, it's far better than I thought.

Pikmin 3
    Monster Hunter Ultimate
    Sacrilegium (another survival horror WOOT)
    Dragon Quest X
    Wii Fit U
    Games & Wario
    The Wonderful 101
    Rayman

There are plenty of other standard racing / shooters but I'm not really interested. I'll probably pre order the entire list above though.
  • Luckyjim 31 Dec 2012 14:35:48 2,873 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Interested in nearly all of those. I think DQX is set for a March release in Japan. God knows when we'll see it in the West, if we do see it at all.
  • Page

of 1354 First / Last