• Gambit1977 11 Dec 2012 22:06:51 10,165 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUK wrote:
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    @CrispyXUK
    You bought Blops yet?
    Nah, I'd hate it, it looks shit too
    :lol: I got it to play with my brother at Christmas, but it's surprisingly quite fun. Looks better than the Ps3 one too.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 22:07:39
    Because it's CoD, they're all shit, bar the first one on PC back in the day.
  • King_Edward 11 Dec 2012 22:11:50 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I like the Tranzit Zombies. They should chop CoD into little downloadable bits so I only have to pay for the bit I want.

Is it 4 player split-screen on Wii U?
  • Psychotext 11 Dec 2012 22:14:21 54,391 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know people hate sales talk in these threads, but is this struggling in the UK?

I was in Bluewater yesterday and everywhere selling it (oddly John Lewis didn't seem to have it) had stock of both the premium and basic bundle. Exactly the same story in Cardiff. You could put this down to Nintendo providing loads of stock for the UK launch but everything we've seen points to this not being the case.

More than this, we saw the best selling Wii U game (bundled) hit 11th in the charts last week and only 27th in the charts this week. That's worse than Sony's Wonderbook.

Not looking great right now. About time to start advertising I reckon.
  • Deleted user 11 December 2012 22:17:15
    Seems pretty standard so far to me
  • Raiko101 11 Dec 2012 23:16:32 6,410 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Seems ok, so far. Consoles always take time to get going. If the software turns up, it'll sell well enough.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• BryanAKADJ 12 Dec 2012 05:22:12 284 posts
    Seen 4 months ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Finally got mine in. Looks awesome. Glad I got the black deluxe one instead of the standard white one.
    All equipped. Pro controller. 2 WiiMotes with Plus. Nintendo Land. New Super Mario Bros U. BLOPs 2 Wii U and ZombiU.
    A question.
    How large is this launch(?) update?
    I'm almost/about 1/4 way there and have been downloading it for a couple hours now.

Eurogamer's local Canadian member. Eh?

• chrisno21 12 Dec 2012 06:43:09 1,531 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There are two updates post launch totalling aroud 1.5gb if I remember correctly.

PSN/NNID: chrisno21
    twitter: @NumbersFox

• PhoenixFlames 12 Dec 2012 07:15:26 9,179 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Not sure why everyone is struggling with the updates. They took me about 20 mins each max. My Internet isn't the best either. I have a BT Home Hub.

PSN - phoenix1flames

• smoothpete 12 Dec 2012 07:42:30 31,572 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I had a quick go on the demo unit in GAME. I was very impressed with how comfy the controller is, I was not expecting very much from it at all.
  • addyb 12 Dec 2012 07:43:33 1,136 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Im really enjoying mine. The miiverse is brilliant and gives a real sense of community. Besides cod and a couple of co op games I'm not really an online gamer so as barebones or limited for some it may be, for me they have hit the sweet spot.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 08:41:47
    Have they added anymore game modes to the Hardcore playlist yet? In Blops2
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Dec 2012 09:01:17 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    I had a quick go on the demo unit in GAME. I was very impressed with how comfy the controller is, I was not expecting very much from it at all.
    The GamePad is a lovely piece of kit and, like you say, surprisingly comfortable in the hands.

Had a few more hours playing Black Ops 2 and ACIII last night and, the more i get used to the GamePad, the more im starting to love it.

When the next big multi-platform release comes out (a shiny penny to the man who knows what that is???), for the first time in about seven years, im genuinely going to consider getting it on a different console to the 360.

Edited by Ultrasoundwave at 09:01:43 12-12-2012

"The worst part is, I'll have to have the break-up sex with myself!"

• JuanKerr 12 Dec 2012 09:19:27 36,311 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I had my first go on a demo unit at the weekend too - the pad is bloody massive, but I agree that it is surprisingly comfortable.

Why do the hell do they only have Rayman as a playable demo? It does nothing to show the features of the pad and it isn't even out yet.

And couldn't make a judgement on the visuals as you are forced to stand about 2 feet from the TV which is set on 'eyeball burning' mode.

Edited by JuanKerr at 09:20:02 12-12-2012
  • andy25801 12 Dec 2012 09:21:16 67 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave You have a PS3 as well then ?
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 09:22:23
    I know that was odd. Surely nsmb would be the best demo experience.
  • smoothpete 12 Dec 2012 09:24:27 31,572 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The thing I didn't like, having gotten so accustomed to the 360 pad, is the way my right thumb was aligned with the A button (ie, the rightest one of the 4) instead of the B button (ie, the lowest of the 4). It felt unnatural somehow. That's probably just Nintendo style button arrangement I suppose.
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Dec 2012 09:25:19 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    andy25801 wrote:
    @Ultrasoundwave You have a PS3 as well then ?
    Yeah, only really use it for Blu Rays and PS3 exclusives though.

I agree about the demo units in Game too - no idea why they only have Rayman Legends on show, not sure if thats their fault or Nintendos. If they had Black Ops, AC3 or NSMBU running on the pad and TV at the same time i imagine they would get a lot more interest.

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 09:35:17
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    The GamePad is a lovely piece of kit and, like you say, surprisingly comfortable in the hands.

Had a few more hours playing Black Ops 2 and ACIII last night and, the more i get used to the GamePad, the more im starting to love it.

When the next big multi-platform release comes out (a shiny penny to the man who knows what that is???), for the first time in about seven years, im genuinely going to consider getting it on a different console to the 360.
    Are you working for Nintendo haha you're definitely selling me it!!! :)
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Dec 2012 09:39:04 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    If Nintendo want to start paying me, thats fine!

I've been using the 360 and PS3 for the last few years (majority of games on the 360), so i was really surprised when the Wii U turned out to be an exceptional piece of kit.

I've enjoyed every minute i've used it and i hope more people buy it. Like i've said before :

The WiiU is not as bad as the people who havent tried it say it is.

• King_Edward 12 Dec 2012 09:48:35 11,454 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

I've been using the 360 and PS3 for the last few years (majority of games on the 360), so i was really surprised when the Wii U turned out to be an exceptional piece of kit.

I've enjoyed every minute i've used it and i hope more people buy it. Like i've said before :

What about the people who have played it and think it's naff?
  • Ultrasoundwave 12 Dec 2012 09:51:35 3,335 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    King_Edward wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:

What about the people who have played it and think it's naff?

Nothing wrong with that, everyones got an opinion. People who slag the WiiU off, despite never having been within 100 yards of one, really need to do one though.

• Razz 12 Dec 2012 10:49:45 61,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    smoothpete wrote:
    The thing I didn't like, having gotten so accustomed to the 360 pad, is the way my right thumb was aligned with the A button (ie, the rightest one of the 4) instead of the B button (ie, the lowest of the 4). It felt unnatural somehow. That's probably just Nintendo style button arrangement I suppose.
    Yep, Japanese language is from right to left mate.
    That's why Sony went with shapes instead of letters, "X" in the EU and NA regions advances whilst in Asia "O" serves that function.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
    Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 10:51:44
    totally. just look at the first comments of the nintendoland and the reason it has no online story. Fuck me.

I really can't be doing with this constant bullshit. Every story someone has to be really ANGRY. The cynicsm is doing my head in. I know its comment sections and they are always retarded, but it doen;t have to be like that.
  • Razz 12 Dec 2012 11:03:03 61,391 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's a lovely little circlejerk, even Eurogamer's staff writers get in on the mass wankathon. I'm being a bit oversensitive but everytime I see a new story about "nextgen on the way" I point at my Wii-U and shout "IT'S ALREADY BLOODY HERE!"

Edited by Razz at 11:10:25 12-12-2012

Steam/PSN/XBOX: Razztafarai | 3DS: 1246-9674-8856

• Deleted user 12 December 2012 11:03:56
    Razz wrote:
    smoothpete wrote:
    Yep, Japanese language is from right to left mate.
    That's why Sony went with shapes instead of letters, "X" in the EU and NA regions advances whilst in Asia "O" serves that function.
    It's like people have never played a SNES or PS1 :D
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 11:29:28
    I'm off Xmas shopping at the Metro Centre. Hope they some of these on display somewhere so I can get my hands on one.
  • Deleted user 12 December 2012 12:11:25
    I doubt you'd get a proper impression from a demo pod tbh.
  • JuanKerr 12 Dec 2012 12:12:48 36,311 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I certainly didn't.
  • Page

of 1369 First / Last