Musings: So I bought a PS3 Page 4

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next
  • Retroid Moderator 4 Jun 2011 01:57:42 44,512 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tom_Servo wrote:
    Fuck me, there's some real butthurt going on in here from a bunch of no-mark posters. Khab's a class act, the SDF accusing him of trolling and asking for the thread to be locked are hilarious.
    ^ This ^
  • Khab 4 Jun 2011 02:10:55 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mal wrote:
    But before accusing you of becoming the latter, I should probably spend the time to become less drunk first.

I shall join you in this noble pursuit, for I am at the moment quite shitfaced.
  • mal 4 Jun 2011 02:13:16 22,470 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Forsooth, sir, foorsooth.

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• BartonFink 4 Jun 2011 08:15:50 34,853 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    mal wrote:
    Jesus, have we not already reached the 'get a blog' stage. While khab is one of the oldest members here, we should still be judged by the same cuntish rules. Besides, aren't there already plenty of threads for this sort of shit?
    Err read the first page dude ;)
  • Deleted user 4 June 2011 08:23:34
    Thread doesn't actually bother, why the fuck would it, although it could have easily gone in other threads. But in response to the above from Tom and retroid, it has to be said that if this exact thread was made by ps3rulezxxx1!! With one post and it involved the 360, half of the forum would have stormed it and we would have seven pages of regs trying to out do each other with OP insults.
  • dominalien 4 Jun 2011 08:41:29 6,848 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I honestly don't know what the big deal is. I enjoy Khab's musings.

The forum is like the history of art. Every some years someone writes the same book or makes the same film as has been done before, but since it's a new generation no one knows the previous version, and it would be indigestible for them anyway, so the same message is transmitted in a new form.

Of course everything Khab's said has been said here before and I'm sure reading through some massive threads would reveal the same information and the same opinions. But who would do that? It's the new generation, knowledge amassed by the old one is indigestible for it, and it has to rediscover everything by itself from scratch.

PSN: DonOsito

• Deleted user 4 June 2011 09:06:27
    Khab, whatever you do don't start GT5. Huge mandatory install followed by huge mandatory updates - that need installing. I think the "boot to play" time on that title exceeds one hour!

I suspect it's the file system that is to blame for the lack of speed when installing stuff. The only positive thing is that you hardly notice fragmentation - I used to have a 60GB HDD that was most likely fragmented to shit after constantly running out of space. At that point it was slightly slower than the newly formatted 320GB upgrade.

Grattis till ungen förresten! :)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jun 2011 09:07:46 37,880 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    This, even the regs who think they're impartial are 360 fanboys.
    I suppose it would seem that way if you're a PS3 fanboy. Got to be feeling persecuted over the past month and a half.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• mcmothercruncher 4 Jun 2011 09:13:34 6,826 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I explained though, you can pause, just not "officially" via the start button. I suspect you aren't man enough :)

And, bloody hell, you're a fanboy, no, you're a fanboy. Jesus, Mr Moderator, it's like being back in the playground.
  • Deleted user 4 June 2011 09:18:36
    mcmothercruncher wrote:I explained though, you can pause, just not "officially" via the start button. I suspect you aren't man enough :)
    Given the fact that the game constantly writes to a save file that PROHIBITS copying/backup, you are really playing with fire. Considering the length of the game (easily 200h+ if you want to do everything), it's bloody suicide.

I actually bought PSN+ for the cloud save feature, backuping the DS save being the number one priority. After the PSN outage I wasn't so sure about the whole thing but the save file is intact.
  • Gambit1977 4 Jun 2011 09:21:22 9,583 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    I explained though, you can pause, just not "officially" via the start button. I suspect you aren't man enough :)

And, bloody hell, you're a fanboy, no, you're a fanboy. Jesus, Mr Moderator, it's like being back in the playground.
    If you like something that someone else doesn't, you're either a fanboy, a hipster or just trying to be different. Don't you know this? ;)
  • Deleted user 4 June 2011 09:27:24
    I just went back to the nexus when I wanted to pause, doesn't everyone?
  • Gambit1977 4 Jun 2011 09:27:55 9,583 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    mowgli wrote:
    Fanboy ;)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 4 Jun 2011 09:33:09 37,880 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    mcmothercruncher wrote:
    Does that make you the creepy man stood at the side gates?

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Syrette 4 Jun 2011 09:35:16 43,335 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    mowgli wrote:
    Thread doesn't actually bother, why the fuck would it, although it could have easily gone in other threads. But in response to the above from Tom and retroid, it has to be said that if this exact thread was made by ps3rulezxxx1!! With one post and it involved the 360, half of the forum would have stormed it and we would have seven pages of regs trying to out do each other with OP insults.

This, even the regs who think they're impartial are 360 fanboys.

Are you 12?

• SYS64738 4 Jun 2011 09:48:59 1,654 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    mowgli wrote:

Or you could just quit to the main screen, when you load the game you're back in the level where you were before. The game saves automatically. Not as instant as a normal pause but useful enough.

PSN: SYS64738_UK

• mcmothercruncher 4 Jun 2011 09:52:47 6,826 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Indeed, that's a great way of doing it. And anyway, I'm talking about standing still in a section you've cleared, I've no idea why folks are stressing over corrupted game saves and whatnot.
  • Deleted user 4 June 2011 10:15:36
    Sorry, I read your "pause button" as "PS button" and thought you were suggesting hard quitting the game like I've seen in other places. I need caffeine.
  • Khab 4 Jun 2011 10:33:06 6,576 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    You think YOU need caffeine?

Oy vey my head...

Tackar! :)

• Page

of 4 First / Last

Next