• Page

of 153 First / Last

• crashVoodoo 3 Jul 2013 09:42:54 3,821 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fletch7100 wrote:
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    SON OF A BASTARD ... IN A BOX

Yes they are quite enjoyable. Even when you know the first time it's going to happen :). Got some grenade mod that lets me shot lightning from my hand and regenerates grenade ammo over time. On TVHM and near the end am commando level 41

Am enjoying this DLC just for the world they created
    Enjoyable wasn't what I thought is as I jumped out of my own ass. I didn't even expect that.

I'm still definitely getting screwed with the loot unless white is the new yellow, but that aside it does look great and the game chats between Tina, brick, lileth and Morey do evoke some smiles.

a Nexus a day keeps the apple away

• fletch7100 3 Jul 2013 09:58:18 6,167 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished the Tiny Tina DLC on TVHM level 41 commando, having 15 grenades that can regenerate plus the turret helped out.

As for the loot, found one legendary after beating a boss( acid pistol with a 98 magazine) plenty of purples and blues. As is mentioned about beating the final boss there isn't really any good loot just money

Enjoyable story as well upon completion

For those that have finished it, feeding Butt Stallion Eridum and smacking it on the badonkadonk or whatever it was called :) in Flamerock Refuge

Going to check the raid boss and sounds like there maybe a survival wave arena as well

Edited by fletch7100 at 09:59:50 03-07-2013
  • Mayhem64 3 Jul 2013 11:10:02 649 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I just got it today, plan playing it solo and have went the ninja guy thing. Was that a bad move?
    Zer0 is a strange beast, but worth persevering with... I did, I've got mine up to level 61 now. I went down the entire right skill tree during normal playthrough, getting to the bottom and earning the achievement. I then added down the left skill tree in TVHM, but respec'ed to be mostly in the middle tree for UVHM. You need the Deception boosts and health regen to survive in that mode, and kunai is enormously helpful to apply DoT and earn Death Mark. OSOK is ace with the Infinity pistol, but in UVHM, you don't really get a chance to use it a lot, hence the despec on it.

This is my lvl 61 build currently (with Legendary Hunter mod): http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505001500051505105511550010000

Lie with passion and be forever damned...

• crashVoodoo 3 Jul 2013 12:12:31 3,821 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Mayhem64 like that site. Cheers,

If I whack my builds in and post them up will you have a look and tell why they suck ass and where they could be improved please ?

• Deleted user 3 July 2013 12:15:20
    My character is stuck with one gun. It is some mental gun that takes off 40,000 at close range. All my other guns are more around 1,000 per shot so I'm stuck with the shotgun. Doesn't help that the new dlc requires me to use the shotgun if I want to survive.
  • DUFFKING 3 Jul 2013 13:47:42 6,489 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Huh, made a new char and a legendary weapon dropped of a regular enemy in frostburn canyon. Did they change drop chances or something?
  • Deleted user 3 July 2013 13:49:06
    @Choppi

Choppi wrote:
    My character is stuck with one gun. It is some mental gun that takes off 40,000 at close range. All my other guns are more around 1,000 per shot so I'm stuck with the shotgun. Doesn't help that the new dlc requires me to use the shotgun if I want to survive.
    Maybe you're just terrible at Borderlands 2 and need me to bail you out AGAIN.

Edited by HairyArse at 14:14:39 03-07-2013
  • elephantjuice 3 Jul 2013 13:51:56 554 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @DUFFKING

Not saying it isn't a coincidence but I got a legendary this morning from the 'Symbiosis' mission right towards the start of the game (level 4 or 5 I think).
  • SomaticSense 3 Jul 2013 14:08:30 7,047 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mayhem64 wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    I just got it today, plan playing it solo and have went the ninja guy thing. Was that a bad move?
    Zer0 is a strange beast, but worth persevering with... I did, I've got mine up to level 61 now. I went down the entire right skill tree during normal playthrough, getting to the bottom and earning the achievement. I then added down the left skill tree in TVHM, but respec'ed to be mostly in the middle tree for UVHM. You need the Deception boosts and health regen to survive in that mode, and kunai is enormously helpful to apply DoT and earn Death Mark. OSOK is ace with the Infinity pistol, but in UVHM, you don't really get a chance to use it a lot, hence the despec on it.

This is my lvl 61 build currently (with Legendary Hunter mod): http://www.bl2skills.com/assassin.html#505001500051505105511550010000
    All that is heavily dependent on you getting some incredibly rare loot though.

I haven't been remotely as lucky with gear drops. I started the new DLC on UVHM with my 52 Zer0 (middle tree focused, with crit/damage based left tree skills), and literally at the start I was finding it unplayably hard.
  • Mayhem64 3 Jul 2013 19:33:22 649 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    UVHM is a culture shock. You can't play the same way as you did in TVHM. You have to be prepared to hit and run more, always use slag, understand that you will get downed more often, and take some time to adapt while you respawn back at a U-Travel.

I was doing fairly well in UVHM, and now I've gotten some Legendaries, then I'm doing pretty well. But oranges aren't vital to survive, they just make it a big easier.

crashVoodoo wrote:
    @Mayhem64 like that site. Cheers,

If I whack my builds in and post them up will you have a look and tell why they suck ass and where they could be improved please ?
    I can do, saying what weapons and gear you have would help too, as ultimately what you're trying to achieve in-game is determined equally by both.

• themanfromdelmonte 3 Jul 2013 19:48:03 540 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I found a good tactic with Zer0, was to get a good MIRV grenade mod (Bewm boom, dropped the bonus package on my Zer0 run), or even a Tesla mod would work. As you can throw grenades in Deception. Cloak, drop a grenade at your decoy's feet and run like hell.
  • SomaticSense 3 Jul 2013 20:04:00 7,047 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The thing is, I don't enjoy mindless loot whore games for the challenge. I love them for the mindlessness and the loot whoring. There are too many random elements for it to be a fun challenge.

UVHM is probably more appropriate for a BDSM comparison than Hotline Miami ever was.

What's the level cap for Dragon Keep on TVHM? Please tell me it scales to 61...
  • themanfromdelmonte 3 Jul 2013 22:51:45 540 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Think all the DLCs are at 50 in TVHM.
  • crashVoodoo 4 Jul 2013 10:23:19 3,821 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    FiReTiGeR2K wrote:
    I enjoyed the vanilla game. I just wish there wasnt so much separate DLC. It's clearly only designed for you to spend more money than you would otherwise. Just at launch release a disc with everything and charge 100 and I'll buy that
    But buying the vanilla game plus all dlc via season pass is cheaper than 100

• oldschoolsoviet 4 Jul 2013 10:52:17 5,415 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Huh, made a new char and a legendary weapon dropped of a regular enemy in frostburn canyon. Did they change drop chances or something?
    Started the TT DLC, and got a Bee from the first big-tree-thing. Better than the one I farmed for ages ago. :(
  • MontyBrewster 4 Jul 2013 11:14:44 253 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    FiReTiGeR2K wrote:
    I enjoyed the vanilla game. I just wish there wasnt so much separate DLC. It's clearly only designed for you to spend more money than you would otherwise. Just at launch release a disc with everything and charge 100 and I'll buy that
    Tiny Tina was just released, Borderlands 2 came out last September.

Borderlands is one of the few franchises which does dlc the right way, if you're that fussed hold off for the GOTY editions, typically 5 in a Steam sale.
  • SomaticSense 4 Jul 2013 11:57:23 7,047 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FiReTiGeR2K wrote:
    Sock account?
  • Mayhem64 4 Jul 2013 11:58:03 649 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    Started the TT DLC, and got a Bee from the first big-tree-thing. Better than the one I farmed for ages ago. :(
    Quite a few people are reporting getting a Bee from Treants. I didn't get anything, but I already have a lvl 61 Bee, so no matter...

• FogHeart 4 Jul 2013 13:11:17 910 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    DUFFKING wrote:
    Funny, that happened to me too. Same enemy, same place, same drop. That's no coincidence.
  • jambii267 4 Jul 2013 15:50:11 1,306 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Post deleted

NNID: Jambii267 PSN: Dr-Jambii 3DS: 0216-0806-8561

• Vortex808 5 Jul 2013 01:08:32 6,563 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    oldschoolsoviet wrote:
    No fair, I didn't get one. Got a few decent guns and a shield, mind. The loot seems a bit better just now, but at lev 44 all my lower level gear is completely obsolete by the look of it.

May visit that golden chest and use some keys soon.
  • Angry_Man_Dan 5 Jul 2013 01:36:33 162 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Via Twitter, enjoy -

PlayStation 3 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3CTB-J669B-S9WCB-ZTK3J-959W5 [Active through July 8]
    Xbox 360 SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3W3B-6R5JT-SF93X-56BBT-6XFSB [Active through July 8]
    PC / Mac SHiFT Code for 5 Golden Keys in Borderlands 2: W3WBJ-SC9HC-C3Z3J-3B3TJ-RS3HJ [Active through July 8]

PSN / NNID -Angry_Man_Dan

• dsmx 5 Jul 2013 02:10:31 7,412 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Well I've finally been able to get somewhere into ultimate vault hunter mode with my gunzerker but it's still a hell of a slog. Had to ditch the bee shield and go with a stupidly fast regen sheild, then specced the gunzerker to do big burst damage and some health regen. So long as I'm not in drawn out fights I can now get somewhere, well until my gunzerking runs out and I can no longer use a slag weapon and another elemental at the same time.

The main thing I'm finding is that gun damage ramps up massively between levels but half decent ones don't drop very often and the health of the enemies keeps climbing at a similar rate to the guns so it's always bordering on frustrating.

Weapon wise I'm running with slag, fire, slag, corrosive with an electric grenade that dropped during tinas DLC since it regens grenades it means I use the grenades to get rid of the shields and during gunzerking switch between the 2 weapon groups depending on the enemy.

Edited by dsmx at 02:21:19 05-07-2013

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Mola_Ram 5 Jul 2013 06:08:16 6,230 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I haven't played this in ages, but might take the Mechromancer into the new DLC. It sounds fun!
  • Vortex808 5 Jul 2013 07:53:58 6,563 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I'm enjoying the new one a lot so far.
  • themanfromdelmonte 5 Jul 2013 11:46:47 540 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @dsmx

Yeah, there's an exponential increase in damage as the levels rise. If you're signed upto shift, there are 2 sets of 5 golden key codes (one from facebook, one from twitter). That's 10 lots of guaranteed Purple/E-tech loot at your level. Also, returning to Frostburn Canyon whenever you lavel and going to pick up the Lascaux will mean you've always got a decent damage, close range SMG at your level.

I found a Bee with s Slag weapon to be a good combo, as the AMP damage counts as a different damage type to Slag. That was until my Bee became outlevelled and I've got a long way to go until I get to Hunter Hellquist. Tried farming Treants, but no luck so far.

edit: here are the facebook codes
    PC / Mac: CTWBJ-BXHSC-WBHJB-B3BBT-JJ5R9
    Xbox 360: KTWJB-ZFW3J-HRSBX-5XTJT-395XH
    PlayStation 3: C3CJJ-W6XZ3-ZH5CJ-STKJ3-RXH5X

Edited by themanfromdelmonte at 11:47:29 05-07-2013
  • Mayhem64 5 Jul 2013 13:38:50 649 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The Bee is a bit of a crutch for some players ;)

No offence implied here... but a TVHM Bee into UVHM won't really get you anywhere. I was using an Impaler I'd got from Pete @ lvl50 until I managed to find a better shield in UVHM. You can do perfectly well in UVHM without the Bee if my progression of Zer0 and Sal to lvl 61 is anything to go by!

My general loadout until I hit 61 and started to farm/dupe a few legendaries ran with a >20% slag SMG, shock machine pistol (Vladof or Hyperion), fire or corrosive SMG (depending on situation), and a big F off rocket launcher for big buggers and getting Second Winds. I'd have a backup shotgun for close encounters, and a corrosive sniper for long range crit hits on Constructors etc.

You can get a level specific fire and corrosive SMG from Moxxi every couple of levels by doing the "new player" trick and giving them $70k or so to blow on tips. Plus those two weapons heal you for 2% of all damage you deliver.

This is my lvl 61 Sal build (with Legendary Gunzerker mod). Some people go down the middle instead of the right, but I prefer to tank and kill in any situation, not just when Gunzerking. And sometimes you need to be able to look down the sights...

http://www.bl2skills.com/gunzerker.html#150551501514100000000051055100500

• themanfromdelmonte 5 Jul 2013 13:55:28 540 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Bee is what worked for me at the start of UVHM, I'm not going to slog for slog's sake. Along with a lvl 49 Purple/Slag/Tediore SMG, it kept me going until lvl 53/54ish iirc. As I use Caring is Sharing on my Gaige, it stayed until Deathtrap was pretty much getting instakilled whenever I sent him out.

I'm currently using a Love Thumper, which I got with the Shift Codes from Gamesmaster (I'm not doing the mission until lvl61). It's good, but the Nova from Deathtrap's shield can damage Gaige if you too close, so I'm slagging from a distance, while he melees.

Think I'll mainly be using Flame of the Firehawk when I get to 61 though. But my progress has bee waylaid by my Krieg PT1.
  • FogHeart 5 Jul 2013 16:02:21 910 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    We've debated about when to use keys before, and concluded that it's pointless to use them at level cap since everything you loot thereafter will be at top level, but I don't see what else to do with them. I don't save codes for lower level characters as they're already spoiled by hand-me-downs. So if I reach 61 this weekend, with these new codes (thankssssss brothersss!) and ones kept back I get twenty top level purple loot chests..unless my thinking is flawed?
  • Page

of 153 First / Last