Borderlands 2 Page 80

• Page

of 154 First / Last

• kinky_mong 9 Oct 2012 12:03:14 10,137 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    That will definitely help with second winds if you guns have small magazines too.

I'll never get my Orc looking the same again.

• FogHeart 9 Oct 2012 12:13:50 944 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think they will, because this is DLC for anyone who's not in the Premiere Club. So it would be nerfed for some and not others. A nerf would need to be in a patch.

Bee-sides, I don't even have it yet. I'm exactly the same state as Vortex but using Zer0.
  • ecureuil 9 Oct 2012 12:15:14 76,729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You're right. According to folks of Gamefaqs, The Bee is the same as before.
  • SomaticSense 9 Oct 2012 12:53:04 8,163 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How is everyone else getting on with True Vault Hunter Mode on single player.

I'm Zero, level 38 with mid to late 30's loot equipped, and am getting one-shotted by anything Badass level and above. It's getting ridiculous. The only surefire tactic for me so far is to weaken everything with the vehicle's turrets, and then hop out and finish them off for max XP. So once I get caught in a non-vehicle area, I'm going to be fucked.
    And the Armoured Maniacs are a serious pain in the arse, far harder than even any boss from the Normal mode, and there are shit loads of them.

I think Gearbox have seriously overdone the difficulty for TVH single player. It needs to be harder definitely, but this is an unfairly Everest sized leap in difficulty. No doubt it'd be easier played co-op, but if the single player for Normal mode was so well balanced, why suddenly change that?

Coming into Borderlands 2 straight from a complete Demon's Souls playthrough, it's no contest. This is far harder. Dark Souls' NG+ mode was amazing as was Arkham City's, and while a tad easy Borderlands 1's was great fun as well. Now though the game has completely stopped being any fun at all and is just a lesson in repeated frustration. I don't think I can even be arsed doing it for the loot and levelling anymore either, which makes it an insta-fail in my eyes.

Edited by SomaticSense at 12:57:44 09-10-2012
  • ecureuil 9 Oct 2012 12:57:30 76,729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not that hard really. You die tons but once you realise dying doesn't really mean anything, it's not so bad. The enemies don't respawn so you're always making progress, the only really tough points are bosses, since they get all their health back if you die during.
  • SomaticSense 9 Oct 2012 13:01:35 8,163 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    It's not that hard really. You die tons but once you realise dying doesn't really mean anything, it's not so bad. The enemies don't respawn so you're always making progress, the only really tough points are bosses, since they get all their health back if you die during.
    It does mean something when that badass that keeps killing you only loses a twentieth of his health by the time you die, which then refills when you respawn. It renders them killable only by sheer fluke or cheap vehicle spamming.

I'm not going to be making progress when I can't get past a cluster of enemies in a story mission because I keep dying and their health respawns, Second Winds being ruled out because of the crazy HP of even the normal enemies . All the while having no money because of the constant New You usage.

That's a wall, not progress.

Edited by SomaticSense at 13:02:30 09-10-2012
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 13:08:52 7,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You adapt, it was kicking my arse to start off with but after an hour or to I got some half decent weapon and shield drops and it became easier. It's still a challenge but I'm not dying within 3 seconds anymore.

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• ecureuil 9 Oct 2012 13:09:00 76,729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Are you under leveled? None of the badasses should be that hard.

Remember you need a shock weapon for anything with shields (which is most things on TVHM) and you'll also want a corrosive weapon for the armoured guys that you mentioned. The game becomes so much harder if you don't use the correct elements against bad guys. I recommend SMG's for TVHM, both shock and corrosive. Moxxi gives you a good corrosive SMG if you keep tipping her, and you can get it repeatedly at higher levels if you tip over and over again.

I also recommend keeping a rocket launcher as one of your shortcuts since they're great for getting second winds, or even just taking care of those bigger enemies.

Also, max out your grenade slots and spam them like there's no tomorrow. My favourite are the homing grenades, you can throw them around corners and all sorts, you barely even have to aim. Enemies constantly drop grenades and they always appear in ammo chests so you won't run out very often.

Edited by ecureuil at 13:10:53 09-10-2012
  • Shikasama 9 Oct 2012 13:20:16 6,757 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ecu - Which character are do you play as? I'm a Zer0 as well and I must say the physical Badasses really can do you in 1 hit! Zero doesn't have a lot of defense or health abilities in his trees.

Good advice in that post though
  • Mola_Ram 9 Oct 2012 13:22:38 7,236 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I now have a nagging sniper. It's good, but may become a smidge annoying in time. :)
    I thought it was hilarious, and only stopped using it when it wasn't powerful enough. Easily my favorite of the "funny" weapons.

Nice shot, MURDERER
  • SomaticSense 9 Oct 2012 13:22:59 8,163 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I pretty much have everything you describe, expect switch a corrosive SMG for a 1200 damage corrosive Dahl pistol I received from MM.

I'm level 38 and am doing missions in the Three Valleys area. All the equipment bar my level 27 Bloodied Ninja class mod is around the mid-Thirties level, and I've a level 36 Amplify shield with near 7000 capactity. Quick select-wise, I've a blue Jakobs Sniper with 180% crit damage and over 4000 damage base, a purple Maliwan slag SMG with 600 damage, the aformentioned pistol, and a ridiculously good rare shock Tediore shotty (with more base damage than any Jakobs or Bandit shotty I've seen so far at the equivalent level).

So I don't think I should be particularly under-levelled or under-equipped, unless it's reasonable to expect to have a full orange set equipped at this stage in the game, which would be crazy.
  • ecureuil 9 Oct 2012 13:27:33 76,729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The only one I've played in TVHM is commando. You still die in one hit to certain enemies, I'd get in to a tactic of charging in to an area knowing I'd go in to fight for your life mode, but it'd be ok since I'd be close enough to the enemies to get a second wind. The turret really helps since it draws aggro, so imagine it'd be a bit harder as Zero. My Zero is only up to about level 16 so I haven't played him enough to give any advice on getting the best out of him, but you shouldn't need the action skill to survive with anybody.
  • Jazzassin 9 Oct 2012 13:31:17 75 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    ecureuil wrote:
    I also recommend keeping a rocket launcher as one of your shortcuts since they're great for getting second winds, or even just taking care of those bigger enemies.

Also, max out your grenade slots and spam them like there's no tomorrow. My favourite are the homing grenades, you can throw them around corners and all sorts, you barely even have to aim. Enemies constantly drop grenades and they always appear in ammo chests so you won't run out very often.
    I second these.

Rocket launchers are really powerful, and intentionally so I think. Great for getting second winds, and for taking down difficult enemies like Constructors. There's a reason you can only carry a limited amount of rockets for them!

Also, try to have a variety of grenade mods on you. I usually keep one with "7 homing grenades that heal" on me, and a "deals X damage per second to anyone in the area" one for killing a lot of relatively stationary enemies with.

I'm already up to the Wildlife Reserve, and I've honestly not died more than half a dozen times so far in PT2 (I was really overleveled -lvl 40- at first though).

Looking forward to Gaige, got nice legendary weapons for her for levels 1, 6, 17 and 18 as well. Praise the Secret Stash \o/
  • Tryhard 9 Oct 2012 13:35:41 3,913 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I felt it tough as an Assassin on 2nd playthrough until I picked up a seriously powerful rocket launcher.And I always carry that and turn to it when I am downed and it gets me a 2nd wind every time.

Now a level 47 Assassin I still have my moments as you have to get stuck in with your melee weapon.But that launcher is a big safety blanket when things get screwed up.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Oct 2012 13:41:04 7,236 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone tried the Gunzerker's super punching skill in the right-hand tree? Is it decent? I was thinking of re-speccing in order to make a Law/Order melee build more viable, but I won't bother if I'm just going to get slaughtered on TVHM regardless.
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 13:43:08 7,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    With the gunzerker you can get a skill that lets you throw 2 grenades at once for the cost of 1 grenade during gunzerking. Which is rather scary, but it's even scarier when you realise I have a legendary grenade mod that is basically a double mirv where it explodes like a mirv then all those particles also explode as a mirv so that's 128 grenades effectively I can throw at for the cost of 1 grenade during gunzerking. Only problem is that the grenades damage me as well so I have to leg it when I hit the FUCK YOU BANDITS button.

Oh yeah and genreally speaking you don't want to get up close with enemies in TVHM, guns do way more damage and most enemies are shit shots so keeping your distance is generally the best way to go most of the time.

Edited by dsmx at 13:46:17 09-10-2012

"If we hit that bullseye the rest of the dominoes will fall like a a house of cards, checkmate." Zapp Brannigan

• Mola_Ram 9 Oct 2012 13:47:03 7,236 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah, double grenades is insaaaane. I totally cheesed a higher-level Sheriff in Lynchwood by throwing double homing slags, then spamming double homing corrosive transfusions.
  • iwantmynameuk 9 Oct 2012 13:51:16 56 posts
    Seen 9 months ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    There is an update to download today careful peeps afterwards ive lost my badass rank n bonus stats and it reset the way i like the controls set up for some reason too
  • Mola_Ram 9 Oct 2012 13:51:58 7,236 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    dsmx wrote:
    Oh yeah and genreally speaking you don't want to get up close with enemies in TVHM, guns do way more damage and most enemies are shit shots so keeping your distance is generally the best way to go most of the time.
    Yeah, I gathered that. I was just thinking of ways to make melee viable, as I really like being able to wade in there rage-punching enemies into red mist. The only way it could possibly work at the moment is if I had a high level Law/Order and massive amounts of health.

In the first playthrough I was able to melee my way back up to full health very quickly, but I'm thinking this might not be so easy in TVHM.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 13:52:39 09-10-2012
  • Tryhard 9 Oct 2012 13:52:20 3,913 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    There is a 3mb download upon start.And the Necro is 84mb.

Weird,went in to 1000 Cuts to take Scooters photo's ran round it all and not one enemy spawned.
  • oldschoolsoviet 9 Oct 2012 13:54:58 5,460 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    iwantmynameuk wrote:
    There is an update to download today careful peeps afterwards ive lost my badass rank n bonus stats and it reset the way i like the controls set up for some reason too
    Seems the update is triggering the Badass rank reset bug, including skins/heads. Absolute shitstorm on the Gearbox forums apparently.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Oct 2012 13:56:20 7,236 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Update not on Steam yet?
  • dsmx 9 Oct 2012 14:00:11 7,589 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I'll put a hold on the update on steam until the shitstorm dies down I'm almost at 10k badass rank and I don't really want to lose the benefits I've gained.

• MatMan562 9 Oct 2012 14:10:08 2,413 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Looking forward to trying out the Mechromancer, I think i might go for maxing out the middle tree (Little Big Trouble?).

Is it a good idea to wait for a patch to fix the patch then? I don't realy like the idea of losing my badass rank and customisation items.

XBL/ PSN/ Steam/ NNID - MatMan562

• ecureuil 9 Oct 2012 14:13:34 76,729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    It's not just badass rank being reset, a lot of people have reported their characters disappearing altogether after the update.

Edited by ecureuil at 14:13:44 09-10-2012
  • Fat_Pigeon 9 Oct 2012 14:31:46 9,798 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Managed to get Vermivorous the Invincible to spawn last night was a lot of fun running around with a fuck ton on Badass/Super badass/Ultimate Badass varkids chacing us around while we tried to get him to spawn. :D
  • stryker1121 9 Oct 2012 14:33:01 684 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Getting a little frustrated with loot soloing a Lvl.22 siren on my first playhtrough. Haven't opened a chest or gotten an enemy drop in ages that was anything better than green. My loadout includes a lvl.15 pistol w/ 125DPS and fire damage. Should I just count on getting good loot thru quests/vendor specials or will there be some drops worth a damn later on?

Edited by stryker1121 at 14:33:30 09-10-2012
  • ecureuil 9 Oct 2012 14:33:29 76,729 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can you get him in solo play? I'd read you need two or more people to get him to appear.
  • bitch_tits_zero_nine 9 Oct 2012 14:34:35 6,654 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Started to get corrosive weapons now. Enjoying the game a great deal.
  • Mola_Ram 9 Oct 2012 14:37:41 7,236 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I've never seen anything above a Super Badass Varkid in solo. And I've danced around a *lot* of Varkids. I reckon it's either a really rare occurance in solo, or impossible.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 14:38:06 09-10-2012
  • Page

of 154 First / Last