Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 52

• Page

of 81 First / Last

• lukejones 6 Mar 2013 18:25:50 405 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Modern Family 10/10
    Community 8/10 (exc. the latest season, first episode sucks, no longer watching)
    Breaking Bad 10/10
  • TOOTR 7 Mar 2013 20:39:21 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Black Mirror (Season 1)

Massively enjoyed this and it did indeed give me that old 'twilight zone' 'tales of the unexpected' 'outer limits' feel in a modern context.

10/10

Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

• scott1987 8 Mar 2013 13:36:56 121 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    mad men season 1-5, excellent tv series. I highly recommend it.
  • TechnoHippy 10 Mar 2013 08:39:47 14,641 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate Atlantis - Season 1

A good reinvigoration of Stargate, the formula is the same, but the new enemies and characters give it new life. The final battle is pretty cool and it ends on a suitable cliffhanger.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• glaeken 13 Mar 2013 11:11:51 10,978 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Hell on Wheels series 1 - 7/10 - Quite enjoyable and sort of a Deadwood lite. It's about the building of a railway just after the Civil war has finished. It's reasonably gritty though swearing free which feels a little off given the setting and they seem to be aiming to make a Deadwood type program. The main characters are all good though and the only dodgy bit acting wise is some rather poor irish accents.

I had a couple of nit picks which detracted from it a little for me though probably would not bother most people. Indians talking English to each other when there is no-one else there but Indians felt really off and some of the civil engineering in the building of the railway is really off.

Edited by glaeken at 11:12:30 13-03-2013
  • imamazed 13 Mar 2013 11:14:00 5,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    scott1987 wrote:
    mad men season 1-5, excellent tv series. I highly recommend it.
    Agreed, Series 4 was a little off the boil imo, but series 5 brought it right back into televisual perfection.

If only it weren't on bleeding MurdochTV. I've watched all the series so far on blu-ray, but now I'm up-to-date I don't think I'll be able to resist downloading them from america next month.
  • craigy Senior UI Designer, Gamer Network 19 Mar 2013 09:24:20 7,386 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    House of Cards: 9/10
    Compulsive viewing. Really had to force myself not to slam all thirteen episodes in short order.

Freddy's Nightmares: A Nightmare on Elm Street: The Series: 3/10
    Cheeseball junk from the late 80s. Fun to watch if you're a Freddy Krueger completionist.
  • Nades 19 Mar 2013 10:06:36 633 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    The Inbetweeners series 1-3. 10/10 best show on TV...ever.

Liverpool FC

• Trane 19 Mar 2013 12:04:45 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Nades wrote:
    The Inbetweeners series 1-3. 10/10 best show on TV...ever.
    Hm.
  • RMXtreme 20 Mar 2013 02:07:24 3,145 posts
    Seen 10 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Farscape Season 1 - 4.

Well that wasn't pretty darn great; first half of season 4 wasn't that good, but overall I'd rank it as my favourite Sci-Fi series at the moment.

9/10

Next up Babylon 5.
  • TOOTR 20 Mar 2013 17:56:46 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    craigy wrote:
    Fun to watch if you're a Freddy Krueger completionist.
    lol

• TOOTR 20 Mar 2013 17:58:26 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Star Wars The Clone Wars Season 4

This gets better and better - some epic space battles, and fluid lightsaber duels. Much much better than the prequels and some dark moments that belies it's 'children's tv' status.

9/10

• CharlieStCloud 21 Mar 2013 12:50:01 4,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Boo-hoo ...

... I unawarely watched the last episode of 'It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia' (in the current series, not ever, thankfully!) and I am already missing the gang.

Hearing Dee say 'what's up bitches' never fails to make me smile.

In its absent, I started watching Modern Family and it is okay - makes me chuckle more than belly laughs. Is it worth me seeing the whole series even after um'ing and ah'ing over the show after the fourth episode?
  • Jacksie66 21 Mar 2013 13:30:49 572 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Wire 10/10

I put it off for years but finally watched it over the past few weeks. Unbelievable. Fantastic show.
  • oceanmotion 21 Mar 2013 13:55:59 15,243 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Justified Series 1 & 2 9/10

People keep mentioning this so when I finished the Sopranos, it was next up.

Really good and cast are terrific, I like Art and the chat between the characters. Everyone is pretty spot on. Can't stop watching so fast. I'll have to wait for season 3 at least.
  • shooter 22 Mar 2013 01:11:38 393 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dont wait, season 3 and 4 are a step above the first 2. Really great stuff
  • Tonka 22 Mar 2013 07:32:14 19,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @oceanmotion I think 2 was as good as three. 4 had a little lull but now it's gearing up to become my favorite of the Justified seasons.

And if you like Justified I can recommend Longmire. It has less action and cowboys instead of hillbillies but the atmosphere is similar.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• dr_swin 22 Mar 2013 07:40:11 4,824 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    House of Cards

Loved the books, Loved the bbc series, Loved this.
  • shooter 23 Mar 2013 01:37:05 393 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    @oceanmotion I think 2 was as good as three. 4 had a little lull but now it's gearing up to become my favorite of the Justified seasons.

And if you like Justified I can recommend Longmire. It has less action and cowboys instead of hillbillies but the atmosphere is similar.
    sorry but thats bollox, series 3 was much better than 2. And if u have less action and cowboys then it aint nothin like justified. I agree that season 4 could be the best though, lets see how the finale plays out. Lets all agree that boyd crowder is fuckn awesome
  • Ranger_Ryu 23 Mar 2013 01:40:17 975 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Code Geass:Lelouch of the Rebellion R2

The 2nd season starts off a year after the first season ends, the Holy Britannian Empire has invaded the European Union, if the EU falls than it's only the Chinese Federation left till world conquest

Meanwhile in Area 11 (Japan) the Black Knights launch a mission to rescue Zero

I really enjoyed this series probably more so than series 1 due to the bigger battles.I even cried at the end........ome issues with some episodes but otherwise great!

9/10
  • TOOTR 23 Mar 2013 17:38:27 9,473 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mad Men Season 5

I find this show to continue to be of the highest quality and mesmerising viewing.

8.5/10

• TechnoHippy 31 Mar 2013 11:32:37 14,641 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate Atlantis - Season 2

More wholesome fun which ends on a suitable cliffhanger.

7/10

• Deleted user 1 April 2013 21:49:33
    Les Revenants - 9/10

Dead people start reappearing whole and well and without any memory of what killed them or being dead in a small French town. Not your average zombie thing.

Many, many bonus points for the soundtrack by brilliant Scottish band Mogwai. This is more Twin Peaks or perhaps Silent Hill than Walking Dead.

A French show on their Canal+ channel, English subtitles exist on the usual sites. There's no official English translation as yet, but I'd be really surprised if BBC4 doesn't pick it up at some point.

Trailer with subs: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7aNHFbC1OBc (may be Hollywood style spoiler-ish so if you're sold, ignore it)

Edited by SuperLlamaFarmer at 21:51:01 01-04-2013

Edited by SuperLlamaFarmer at 22:19:31 01-04-2013
  • Tonka 4 Apr 2013 12:44:45 19,840 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Justified season 4
    Really, really good season of a really, really good show. Some of the best episodes ever. A few weaker ones as well unfortunately but on the whole I think it might just be my favorite season.

Main story arch is the hunt for a criminal that has been hiding in Harlan for decades. The Marshals want him cause he's an escaped criminal, the mob wan't him cause he vittnesed an mob hit and agreed to testify in exchange for freedom (or have I got that wrong?)

Doesn't matter. A man hunt on two fronts. Then there's a handful of really well handled subplots interwoven throughout and loads of "local colour".

Justified is a MUST SEE

Now the wait for Longmire begins.

If you can read this you really need to fiddle with your forum settings.

• Deleted user 4 April 2013 12:48:19
    ST: DS9 - Season 1

Probably my favourite trek, rewatching it for the first time since it aired. A couple of stinkers in there, but some good un's. Just getting started really. Star of the season is Quark and Odo's banter.

7/10
  • Blakester 5 Apr 2013 10:05:45 3,351 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Parks and Recreation Season 1

Thanks to BBC iPlayer I finally managed to see this, having been desperately trying to get it on DVD.

I love it, but must admit I had to hang in there for the first couple of episodes which weren't particularly strong. By the end of the 6th episode I was totally hooked by the great writing and brilliant characters. It's probably the closest in feel to The Office (UK version) with the documentary style and looks to camera.

Delighted to see the subsequent seasons have a much longer run, and the first couple of episodes of season 2 are belters.

Ron Swanson has the best hair in TV!

9/10

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• captainrentboy 5 Apr 2013 10:40:13 840 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Office (US version) Seasons 1-4:6/10
    I've had some laughs and the entire cast is pretty great (once you stop comparing them to their UK equivalents) but it's just not in the same league as the original. Michael Scott is basically bordering on being retarded, there's no way in hell he could rise to any kind of position of power in the workplace. Whereas with Brent, yes he was offensive and an oaf, but the character was still kind of believable.
    I'll carry on with it, season 4 had the least laughs so far, so I hope it picks back up again soon.
  • TechnoHippy 7 Apr 2013 19:29:44 14,641 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate Atlantis - Season 3

More entertaining viewing, the team works well,although not as good as the original SG-1 team. The season ending wasn't as good as previous seasons,but I've already put the first disk of the next season in the drive :-)

7/10

• Deleted user 7 April 2013 22:34:15
    Just steamed through series 6 of Californication over the weekend.

9/10

Consistently funny and so sharply written. Up there with my favourite series ever. Love Charlie and Marcy.
  • Trane 7 Apr 2013 22:49:25 4,049 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Justified season 4.

9/10

I LOVE THIS SHOW.
  • Page

of 81 First / Last