• Page

of 92 First / Last

• monkehhh 10 Dec 2012 19:09:45 3,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Trane wrote:
    monkehhh wrote:
    Currently watching season 5, FOREST WHITAKER \o/
    I take it you like your ham to be especially hammy.
    He's, er, special so far (couple of episodes in).
  • Steve_Perry 10 Dec 2012 19:22:10 3,902 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Bsg blood and chrome. Sure its only 1 pilot, but its never gonna get a full run so I'll class it as a season.

Very good. I hated the idea of the skins kid as Adama but he won me over. The supporting cast are great and the show looks gorgeous. Probably the end of reimagined BSG forever, but a fitting way to check out after Caprica's disappointment.

/flies fleet into the sun

VIVA STEFANSEN

• monkehhh 15 Dec 2012 17:47:33 3,294 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The Shield season 5, FORESTWHITAKER/10.
  • DFawkes 15 Dec 2012 21:08:13 22,794 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Battlestar Galactica Season 4 Spoilers, probably! It's a review of a season though, I'm not tagging the whole thing.

Well, that's it all over. I have to say, I loved almost every second of it :) Everything felt so right to me. It was all as great as it ever was, both in writing and the cast performances. At the same time, I can understand others possibly being disappointed, though not surprised given most things that happened were sign-posted far in advance (some even as far back as the mini-series).

The way the Five handled their revelations was really enjoyable to watch, as well as the smaller changes before they came out as Cylons. The Cylons in general really came into their own, given we got a lot more time with them and their issues, even going as far as a full on Civil War. I also quite enjoyed the fact the different versions of the different models had differing personalities.

I also really enjoyed Baltar and his storyline, with more limited interaction with Head Six than usual, yet when it does happen it's a lot more direct. she even literally lifts him up, which was pretty cool :) He became a lot more twitchy and more confident in his role as a leader of sorts.

No more Guess the Cylon, nice to see how that resolved. I really liked the changes to the last of the Five - a lot more confident, yet still the same person. Also I would apologise to Gaete for trying to have him pushed out an airlock if it weren't for how his story ended ;)

As for episodes, I really enjoyed pretty much every one this season. Revelations (which I think might've been a mid-season cliffhanger) was excellent and didn't go the way I thought it would! Everything after that was great to watch too, including the mutiny, the alliance and even all the stuff about music and visions (the very things I think would've turned some other people off). Also, given it's the last season I loved the fact any character could die at any time. Heck, even the titular Battlestar wasn't safe!

But of course it was the finale that I think would've been the most divisive. I absolutely adored it. It just felt like the right way to end it all to me. I won't go into it too much as I suspect it has all been said and discussed to death, but I wouldn't change it for the world. I even got teary-eyed at points. I especially loved old-school Centurions taking on new ones. Incidentally I also watched Razor after S3 and loved seeing the old Raiders in that too :D

It didn't even really leave too much open to interpretation, and nothing really came completely out of nowhere. Sure, some stuff was only really introduced this season but most of it was off-shoots of stuff that came before.

Loved it all. Almost sad it's over, so I'll probably leave The Plan and any other spin-offs for a while.

10/10

Edited by DFawkes at 21:08:32 15-12-2012

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• TechnoHippy 16 Dec 2012 11:15:09 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Killing III

I enjoyed this a lot. As before it does the political intrigue well along with the investigation itself. The ending surprised me as well

9/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• beastmaster 16 Dec 2012 11:33:13 11,330 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Death Valley - 8/10 (Netfix US)

"A mockumentary following a police force as they deal with various perpetrators who are mostly supernatural in nature".

I though I'd watch the pilot and see if it was any good. I just found it hilarious. It's very gory too. The police captain just had me LOL most of the time.

"Let's go out there and kill something!"

Edit: A bit like Cops meets True Blood which brings the funny.

Edited by beastmaster at 11:34:00 16-12-2012

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• TechnoHippy 16 Dec 2012 12:19:25 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    That sounds pretty good - added to my rental list.

• Trane 17 Dec 2012 01:17:42 4,050 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Heh, I enjoyed Death Valley, some great characters and hilarious dialogue at times (especially the Captain, on both counts). I really hope they do more.
  • DUFFMAN5 20 Dec 2012 09:25:10 14,588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The League of Gentlemen
    Series 3.

I was/am a massive LoG fan, but when series 3 originaly aired I was not impressed. I have just re-watched all 6 episodes over 2 nights and I forgot how funny it is, lots of great nods to the first 2 series.

Still not as great as the first 2 series (and radio)but a lot better than I remember.

"we have a saying down our way-when the shits been shat" awesome line.

8/10

If you have never seen LoG you need to.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 09:26:27 20-12-2012

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• TechnoHippy 22 Dec 2012 12:51:18 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Battlestar Galactica - Season 4

Better than I remembered it, or maybe I'm getting soft in my old age :-)

8/10

• Gruff 22 Dec 2012 13:01:52 2,854 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Started watching Full Metal Jousting

If they had filmed a bunch of Rednecks standing in a circle, punching each other in the face, they would have saved on their (limited) budget.

Still, it's car crash TV

6/10

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• TechnoHippy 25 Dec 2012 09:14:24 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Homeland - Season 2

Every time she does that boggle eyed thing I want to punch her in the face. The same for every time the daughter opens her whiney mouth.

That being said it is reasonably entertaining and sets up the next season nicely.

7/10

• Jono62 25 Dec 2012 10:55:09 14,059 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dexter S6 - 8/10

Took an age to watch this as S5 was very disappointing. Really enjoyed it. The story was interesting, kept me gripped the whole time. Worth a watch. Onto S7 now and it's got Yvonne Strahovski \o/
  • TarickStonefire 25 Dec 2012 17:03:24 3,045 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Dexter, last ever series: everything except the last 2 minutes, 8/10, good old fashioned completely implausible Dexter. The last two minutes? 3/10, what a let down. Should have shot the other person...

Edited by TarickStonefire at 17:05:06 25-12-2012

Any Netflix library in the world for a couple of quid a month? Gimme!

• TarickStonefire 25 Dec 2012 17:04:32 3,045 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Homeland Series 2: 7/10, loses a point for being unable to match the thrill of something new that the first series had, but still scores high for managing to completely throw my expectations for the last episode.

• TarickStonefire 25 Dec 2012 17:07:43 3,045 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Walking Dead Series 2: 4/10, truly one of the most boring shows I've ever forced myself to sit through in the hope it might get a lot better soon but never really did, not even in the second half which everyone said was waaaaay better but really didnt do that much to redeem itself except for finally getting rid of that sack of shit Shane, unless you count getting closer to the end of the series as a positive, which I suppose it was.

Onto season three now, already way better.

• Max_Powers 25 Dec 2012 17:16:24 1,098 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I decided to give Walking Dead season 2 this week, although everybody tells me it's shit. However I don't want to do just jump into the third season and not know what is going on :(
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Dec 2012 17:36:50 14,588 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Peep Show series 8
    9/10...not enough Johnson,Jeff or Sophie

Still sublime after 8 series and nearly 50 episodes.

Bring on S9 next year.

"Duffman the grey is thrusting in the direction of the problem! Oh, yeah!"

• TarickStonefire 25 Dec 2012 17:49:44 3,045 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @Max_Powers Power through the first half and make sure when you start the second half you don't let your overwhelming lack of interest stop you from watching the last few eps one after the other. Lose momentum and it's hard to give a shit.

But you absolutely need to watch it for the full impact of the last two eps, and the third season, annoyingly!

• TechnoHippy 26 Dec 2012 10:47:31 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG1 - Season 1

Yes, it's formulaic but I've always enjoyed SG1. Good chemistry between the team and ends with a good cliffhanger.

7/10

• TechnoHippy 27 Dec 2012 11:24:59 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Booth At The End - Season 1

I discovered this by accident and it's excellent. A simple idea that works well. Who is this guy? Is he the Devil? Loved it, my only complaint is that the season was too short.

9/10

• Gambit1977 27 Dec 2012 11:49:05 9,583 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    Dexter, last ever series: everything except the last 2 minutes, 8/10, good old fashioned completely implausible Dexter. The last two minutes? 3/10, what a let down. Should have shot the other person...
    It's not the last ever series though...1 more, although they're now saying they may make it 2.

Glad I bowed out at season 4.
  • Jono62 28 Dec 2012 00:11:59 14,059 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gambit1977 wrote:
    TarickStonefire wrote:
    It's not the last ever series though...1 more, although they're now saying they may make it 2.

Glad I bowed out at season 4.
    Yeah, it's getting more implausible now. S4 was the highlight. S7 was okay 6/10.
  • TechnoHippy 28 Dec 2012 20:10:13 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG1 - Season 2

More of the same and that's why I liked it :-)

7/10

• Savatage 30 Dec 2012 11:45:55 38 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The Kingdom (Riget) Series 1 and 2 - 9/10

Got this on DVD for Christmas, having no real prior knowledge of it beforehand. Very, very cool Danish horror series set in a hospital that was done back in the 90s by a rather young looking Lars Von Trier (who pops up at the end of every episode). David Lynch influences abound - Lars acknowledges Twin Peaks as an inspiration for the series in the rather excellent making-of included on the DVD - which combined with the muted colours and use of heavy grain, really give the whole thing a uniquely disturbing look and feel.

I do love oddball stuff like this, and it's one of the most enjoyable shows I've watched for a while. My only major complaint was that each series only contain a measly four episodes each, and the storyline was far from being concluded by the end. A planned third series (Lars had even written the script) was shelved when a couple of the lead actors sadly passed away. There was a US remake (Kingdom Hospital) that I saw a one or two episodes of a few years ago, but I remember only two things: a) it starred the guy from Weekend at Bernies, and b) it was pretty dreadful.
  • Madder-Max 30 Dec 2012 23:18:03 11,641 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Fringe season 4. Hmmmm. Dunno. I love fringe but thought the whole 'spock making a new world thing was a bit bollocks and not in keeping with spocks character from season 3.

You can also see where they tacked on the bit to allow for season 5. A bit shit.

Can't wait for continuum season 2

99 problems and being ginger is one

• TechnoHippy 1 Jan 2013 10:42:15 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The Booth At The End - Season 2

Follows on nicely from the first series. A simple idea that works well. I'm looking forward to the next series.

9/10

• TechnoHippy 2 Jan 2013 20:19:09 14,707 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Stargate SG1 - Season 3

Needed more of an overarching storyine, but the team in action is always reasonably entertaining.

6/10

• Gruff 2 Jan 2013 20:50:25 2,854 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Poop socking through the comedy series Community this is gold standard stuff. Acutely observed and wicked

10/10 so far

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• RyanDS 5 Jan 2013 20:17:24 9,255 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Star Trek DS9: Season 4.

Fantastic, some awesome highs, The Visitor is one of the best episodes of Trek ever, not to mention a great episode for any show. And the lows are nowhere near as low as is usual for Trek, with no episode being genuinely bad.

8/10

And 6 episodes into season 5 the series is just getting better every episode.
  • Page

of 92 First / Last