Rate the last TV series you watched (full seasons only) Page 39

• Page

of 92 First / Last

• RobAnybody 23 Aug 2012 10:04:57 890 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    We should be thankful for that writers strike as the original plan was to have Jesse killed off at the end of the first season, but due to the strike that of course didn't happen. Just imagine Breaking Bad without Jesse - despite Bryan Cranston being the star, Jesse adds an awful lot to the show.
  • beastmaster 24 Aug 2012 20:59:36 11,330 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    V (the remake) - 8/10

No Michael Ironside and no Marc Singer (the Beastmaster!) and no Freddy Kruger, I didn't think this would be a patch on the original.

Very surprised at home much I enjoyed it. Got series 2 ready to go but I'm going to wait a while.

Morena Baccarin could bite my cock off with those lizard teeth anytime.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• Gruff 26 Aug 2012 11:00:50 2,855 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Spaced, for the millionth time.

It may be the very best thing ever created for TV

“It's not easy to find happiness in ourselves, and it's not possible to find it elsewhere.”
    ― Agnes Repplier

• TechnoHippy 26 Aug 2012 22:20:05 14,707 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Supernatural - Season 5

Pretty good and still good fun to watch. It's slipped a bit from the previous season, but I will be diving straight into the next.

7/10

My books, contests, reviews and author interviews on my blog

• Dougs 27 Aug 2012 06:44:17 67,200 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Homeland S1 - 7.5/10. Filled the hole left by 24 relatively adequately enough but couldn't help but think something was missing. The whole premise took quite a lot to swallow. I like both Danes and Lewis though and whilst it didn't grab me entirely, I'm looking forward to the new season.
  • Mr_Sleep 27 Aug 2012 09:53:39 16,935 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sopranos 10/10

Finally managed to watch the last episode of the Sopranos. I loved almost everything about the series', it has a staggering scope and a lot of depth saying all that there were occasional episodes which didn't quite work. I remember a particular one where Tony is having a dream while in a coma that really didn't work for me but the overall quality is exceptional.

The final series also tied a lot of stuff up pretty well, I especially liked the Dr Melfi storyline and its conclusion was pretty satisfying.

Oh and finally I see what everyone talks about with the ending, I had managed to completely avoid spoilers about it and I'm not sure I get all the bitching and moaning, I thought it was kind of awesome.

Edited by Mr_Sleep at 10:05:43 27-08-2012

You are a factory of sadness.

• TechnoHippy 27 Aug 2012 10:07:11 14,707 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Homeland S1 - 7.5/10. Filled the hole left by 24 relatively adequately enough but couldn't help but think something was missing. The whole premise took quite a lot to swallow. I like both Danes and Lewis though and whilst it didn't grab me entirely, I'm looking forward to the new season.
    You should check out Prisoners of War, the Israeli series it was based on - much better in my opinion.

• Dougs 27 Aug 2012 11:18:31 67,200 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Ah, didn't know that. Generally prefer the originals, will check it out.
  • Anthony_UK 27 Aug 2012 21:00:57 2,484 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Game of Thrones Season 1

I hadn't seen this previously but what a show, amazing stuff and one the best tv series I've watched full stop.

Only criticisms being the way certain important or dramatic events feel to be almost forgotten about or made irrelevant shortly after they've been announced thought maybe that's just the nature of the people in this particular fantasy... Other than that though the finale made you want more it ended on a bit of a whimper.
  • Flightrisker 27 Aug 2012 21:39:16 18,138 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The Newsroom 7.5/10

If you don't like other Sorkin work this won't convince you. It's probably less solid than Studio 60 & when if misses a beat it can be way off. But there is something about it I really loved. The ideas and ideals I just find very interesting and worthwhile. Jeff Daniels is excellent and most of the supporting cast are very good, although some of the characters take a bit of working in. The overall arc of the show is a little odd as if feels like it's all happening continuously but the 10 episodes take place over a 15 month period. Whether this was completely intentional or caused by the fact that the news of the show is real world news and therefore they may have been forced to jump forward more than they would have I'm not sure. It flits a bit too quickly between drama and comedy at the start but after 5 of so episodes it seems to have abetter idea of what it is.

All in all a great first season, forgive the few bum notes it hits and you'll hopefully end up really going with it.

If you haven't seen it yet here's the opening scene of the show. If this doesn't pique your interest it's probably not the show for you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1zqOYBabXmA
  • monkehhh 27 Aug 2012 21:45:16 3,296 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Overall I liked The Newsroom - he knows how to make the big hits. I'd start off with each one not being too bothered, then it'd build to a big heart-string moment and I'd love it. Plus Terry Crews.

Also, Friday Night Lights is awesome.
  • President_Weasel 27 Aug 2012 21:45:34 9,195 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I watched Ultraviolet on 4OD.
    If you've never seen it, you should.
    It's an old British sci-fi series, so there's only 6 episodes ever made, it's an old British sci-fi series, so the special effects are a bit shonky due to the production budget being about 20 quid (though they do a decent job with what they have), and it's an old British sci-fi series so you get to play "spot the actor who goes on to star in something else". In this instance you get Jack Davenport playing his signature "whiny man" role, and Idris Elba.
  • Blaizefm 27 Aug 2012 22:10:45 232 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wilfred season 1. I haven't heard much noise about this from the EG communiy, but I find it funny, unique and quirky. 8/10.

Edited by Blaizefm at 22:11:06 27-08-2012
  • Dougs 27 Aug 2012 22:19:47 67,200 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Man, I loved Ultraviolet. Had no idea it was on 4OD. Goes on the list immediately!

Stacking up the Newsrooms too so glad it has some love.
  • ISmoke 27 Aug 2012 22:21:16 546 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I recently finished the final season of 24, i'd rate the series at 9/10
  • Toonster 28 Aug 2012 20:36:15 6,842 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Breaking Bad - Season 4

Brilliant, brilliant television. The season finale got a bit OTT, but I can't say I wasn't both shocked and satisfied.

9/10

Legend of Korra - Season 1

Not quite as good as The Last Airbender series, but still brilliant, and the most cinematic animated TV show I've ever watched. Main problem was that the end of the season wrapped up a little too nicely. Excited for Season 2, though.

8/10

Game of Thrones - Season 1

Read the book first, then watched the show. Was not disappointed.

9/10

Edited by Toonster at 20:41:26 28-08-2012

3DS: 0361-6951-2609 (Tom)

• Blakester 31 Aug 2012 10:05:24 3,600 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Downton Abbey - Season 1

I'm not a fan of period drama, so only had half an eye on this when the other half starting watching it.

I was surprised to find myself drawn into it due to interesting, complex characters and a fair amount of humour. I liked the fact that you were unsure whether to like certain characters whose motives seemed suspect throughout or were just plain unsympathetic. Nice to have your initial assumptions challenged and sometimes overturned by the end of the series.

There's a little too much repressed sexuality for my taste, but I guess it is typical of the period.

A rewarding watch with a nice set-up for season 2.

8/10

When you can't see the angles on the wall you're in trouble.

• Vortex808 31 Aug 2012 19:07:52 7,074 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Man, I loved Ultraviolet. Had no idea it was on 4OD. Goes on the list immediately!

I quite liked the premise of it. Shame they never made more at the time.
  • Deleted user 1 September 2012 21:54:39
    Battlestar Galactica: Razor- 7/10

Nowhere near as good as the main series, but I still enjoyed it.

Edited by iHAZaCHEEZ3burger at 21:54:55 01-09-2012
  • Dougs 1 Sep 2012 22:34:12 67,200 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Blakester wrote:
    Downton Abbey - Season 1

I'm not a fan of period drama, so only had half an eye on this when the other half starting watching it.

I was surprised to find myself drawn into it due to interesting, complex characters and a fair amount of humour. I liked the fact that you were unsure whether to like certain characters whose motives seemed suspect throughout or were just plain unsympathetic. Nice to have your initial assumptions challenged and sometimes overturned by the end of the series.

There's a little too much repressed sexuality for my taste, but I guess it is typical of the period.

A rewarding watch with a nice set-up for season 2.

8/10
    Much the same here tbh, but it's worth it for Maggie Smith alone. Has all the best lines

Edited by Dougs at 22:34:23 01-09-2012
  • beastmaster 2 Sep 2012 23:25:19 11,330 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    V (remake) series 2 -8/10

Pretty damn good. Some nice cameos/roles from a couple of people from the original series.

I don't think they're doing a series 3 which is a shame as it really finished well.

The Resident Evil films. I'm one of the reasons they keep making them.

• SloveenEfsei 3 Sep 2012 08:30:28 10 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Walking dead season 1 - 9/10
    Walking dead season 2 - 7/10
  • Agent_Llama 3 Sep 2012 09:01:15 3,353 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Harper's Island - 6/10

Starts terribly but improves slowly as you begin to give a shit about the characters being killed off each episode. Plot twists are spottable a mile off but doesn't stop this being a bit of fun. Think a 13 episode version of 'I Know What You Did Last Summer' plus Christopher Gorham's eminently irritating grin.

3DS: Mooky - 2019-9643-8311
    NNid: Agent_Llama
    Vita/PS3/360: Faloola
    FFXIV ARR: Alekzander Lockhart, Odin

• Deleted user 3 September 2012 09:04:42
    Guilty pleasure of mine, I thought it was great.

It really did start off shit though.
  • Dougs 3 Sep 2012 09:06:36 67,200 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My problem with that is that I hated all of the characters and wanted them all to die a horrible, painful death. Which they did I suppose, so job done I guess
  • Deleted user 3 September 2012 09:13:11
    Yeah, the majority of characters where proper arseholes. I enjoyed guessing which characters would be offed in the next episodes.
  • polaris70 4 Sep 2012 19:53:29 290 posts
    Seen 2 years ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Falling Skies (Season Two) 6/10

I found this series ok and on a par with the first series. Not "must watch" TV but something to pass the time if you get into the characters, if not steer clear.

Generation Kill 9/10

Watched this for the second time a few days ago and enjoyed it more for some reason, maybe the first time I was expecting Band of Brothers in Iraq? The writing is excellent in this and highly recommended.
  • TechnoHippy 7 Sep 2012 11:53:26 14,707 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Falling Skies

I pretty much agree with Polaris. It does enough to keep me interested. It's far from great, but watchable.

6/10

• Page

of 92 First / Last