Ghost Recon: Shadow Wars Page 3

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next
  • jonsaan 30 Sep 2011 19:30:41 25,255 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    FUCK ME. THIS GAME CAN JUST SUCK MY BALL!

I put over an hour into a level only to lose a ghost and have to do it all again. SHIT SHIT SHIT DESIGN!

FCUTA!

• neilka 30 Sep 2011 19:33:14 14,942 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    your face is shit design
  • jonsaan 30 Sep 2011 19:40:35 25,255 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's a shame because I'm really enjoying it but that's just so unfair I don't know if I can be bothered now.

FCUTA!

• DFawkes 30 Sep 2011 20:24:21 22,077 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    jonsaan wrote:
    FUCK ME. THIS GAME CAN JUST SUCK MY BALL!

I put over an hour into a level only to lose a ghost and have to do it all again. SHIT SHIT SHIT DESIGN!

I agree, it is shit design if you couldn't save anytime you like. By the way, in case you didn't realise (which to be fair I didn't for about 10 hours) you can totally save anytime you like :)

I'd kick the living daylights out of the producers of Tipping Point - Ghandi

• jonsaan 30 Sep 2011 20:42:42 25,255 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    WHAAAAAT!!!!!

FUCK!

LOL at myself.

FCUTA!

• INSOMANiAC 20 Jun 2013 20:56:13 3,788 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I feel the urge to rebump this thread after two yeats because this game doesnt get the credit it deserves, I bought it at launch and only played the first level and other stuff took my attention. Not Im starting chapter 6 and I can safely say I love the game, you can pick it up for around a fiver now and its well worth your money for anyone who likes turn based strategy games.

Its ultra simplistic but that part of the joy of it, and its made by the creator of Xcom, I'll say no more.

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• bunglebonce 20 Jun 2013 21:49:11 2,035 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yeah, I've got to say I'm craving something like it for the Vita - if I had a 3DS it would be the first game I buy. It looks great.

PSN ID: erniewhatbert

• Raiko101 20 Jun 2013 21:59:31 5,550 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's on the eShop for 17. Not the cheapest offer, but I imagine it's a reasonable price for a digital download.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• mal 20 Jun 2013 22:04:13 21,991 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Meh, it's an okay game and an absolute steal a 5 quid, but personally I found it a bit lacking for reasons I forget. FE is the much superior strategy game, and hopefully soon there will be an Advance Wars game for the 3DS for those that can't stomach the FE setting (nothing's been announced so far, mind you).

Cubby didn't know how to turn off sigs!

• INSOMANiAC 20 Jun 2013 22:07:04 3,788 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think a sequel in any form is unlikely due to poor sales, and I wish it wasnt some shitty generic ghost recon story but hopefully the recebt success of Xcom will spur more games of this type

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• bitch_tits_zero_nine 20 Jun 2013 22:07:40 6,654 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    fricken better be an advance wars!
  • redcrayon 20 Jun 2013 22:12:17 4,538 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's an great tactics game considering you can pick it up for a fiver if you shop around, Gollup makes good tactics games. Rebelstar Tactical Command on GBA was another one.

I thought the unit balance was a bit off with Banshee (recon) becoming insanely overpowered later on, but the maps were interesting. Shame the story was the usual US flag waving trash of evil Russians and non-governmental-soldiers-of-middle-eastern-descent.

Fire Emblem is far superior but if you need a tactics fix and can't be bothered to delve into the DS back catalogue, it's worth picking up.
  • INSOMANiAC 20 Jun 2013 22:34:03 3,788 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Banshee was massively overpowered from the minute you get her, renders half the game far too easy, especially when you can start spamming the quick strike or whatever if it is. In some ways shes less useful later on though because theres far less 'one hit death' enemies so you have to be more tactical with your approach

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• INSOMANiAC 22 Jun 2013 14:35:00 3,788 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The last chapter is sooooo disappointing so far, mainly because the basic premise of it is broken.

I'm on part 4 and so far despite the game pretending you need to really rush and storm your way through because some bad shit it going appear it never does. You can take as many turns as you like and you don't need your crew split up so it's been piss easy

I hope the last 3 missions aren't as broken

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 14:35:30 22-06-2013

Steam - iN5OMANiAC
    PSN - iN5OMANiCAL

• Alastair 13 Feb 2014 09:54:41 14,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rather late to the party but I picked this up a few weeks ago.
    I've now played through the first couple of missions (currently have 3 ghosts) and I am coming to like it.
    The dialog is wooden and really makes me appreciate some of the tuoches in FE, but this game has some nice touches as others have mentioned in the thread.
    The Super Shot action reminds me of CO Power from Advance Wars. The ability to see return fire possibilities, and the differing damage due to distance are both nice touches.
    I'm looking forward to progressing through...

Not as nice as I used to be

• MoGamer2006 13 Feb 2014 10:04:05 969 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    You play GR:SW for the gameplay, not for the graphics or the narrative. I loved it, but you have to be prepared to ignore its aesthetic flaws.

That said, I always thoughts its implemtation of 3D was one of the best amongst the early games.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Feb 2014 13:37:04 6,257 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's a great game. It really is. Completely different to something like Fire Emblem, in that each member has a very specific role to play. It's more a matter of understanding those roles, and learning to work with what you have.

Looks like arse, but meh. Definitely worth persevering with.
  • Alastair 14 Feb 2014 09:15:07 14,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Still enjoying it. I like the graphics, I think they work well with the 3D on. Because the game is slow paced I'm holding the screen quite still.
    The cut scenes and dialogue are dull, but the way it eases you into the game is very well done - the introduction of grenades was good.

• Alastair 14 Feb 2014 09:15:37 14,955 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thanks to whoever it was who recommended this to me, I would never have bought it otherwise.

• Page

of 3 First / Last

Next