:-/
  • Fydria 16 Apr 2013 20:29:18 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It's a shame. I wish more people played :(
  • romelpotter 16 Apr 2013 21:08:29 148 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am downloading this at the moment, can't really say why, just randomly found myself on the site and thought I would re try it. I played back when it was launched and really enjoyed it until my attention dropped off a cliff around the mid thirties.

Looking forward to trying it again. Whats the best shard to go on?

PvE or PvP?
  • Fydria 16 Apr 2013 22:43:55 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I prefered PvE, since there is a lot of open world events to enjoy last thing I wanted was to be griefed while trying to participate.
  • crestedzulu 17 Apr 2013 07:17:03 15 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They merged a lot of the shards so the choice is much more straightforward now due to limited choice, just pick a high population PvE/PvP one.

Edited by crestedzulu at 07:17:28 17-04-2013
  • Carlo 17 Apr 2013 22:05:15 18,058 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guys, if you're after a good guild, come here: http://the-suffering-rift.enjin.com/home

PSN ID: Djini

• romelpotter 18 Apr 2013 22:46:41 148 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Carlo Cool, I will check out you guys as I think that finding a good guild can really make a difference to how much I enjoy a mmo.
  • spamdangled 18 Apr 2013 22:51:37 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm playing it a lot at the moment and it's very, very good. Shitloads of content too.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Carlo 18 Apr 2013 23:31:03 18,058 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Guys, joint the guild. It's really very good and has some great people. I'll likely rejoin this weekend also.

• spamdangled 19 Apr 2013 00:56:48 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I would do, but I'm already in one and I play other games with the same people too (like TSW, SC2, etc) so I'm unlikely to change anytime soon.

Cheers for the offer btw.

What faction is the EG guild? Guardian or Defiant?

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• elephantjuice 19 Apr 2013 09:17:08 665 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just downloaded the 'lite' version this morning.

I've only played for 20 minutes or so but I'm hoping to be on this evening for an extended play.

My first impression is the striking resemblance to WoW, which, on one hand is a good thing as I feel right at home but on the other hand there's a reason I quit WoW! (3 years ago - during wotlk)

It does feel a lot more neat and tidy in terms of the interface and presentation and I especially like how it natively supports interface customisation.

What's this like to play through solo? All of my WoW levelling was done solo (PvE) and I didn't really get into group play until a lot later on but I still enjoyed it. Is this a more or less of a solo friendly game?

Also, if I wanted to get the full game can I just get the expansion or do I need the base game too, or is it wise to just get the base game first and see how that pans out?
  • romelpotter 19 Apr 2013 21:42:41 148 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @elephantjuice I think you get the base game with the expansion although i am not sure. I picked up the expansion last nght, but I already had the base game from 2011 soo I think I am right, maybe someone can chip in and confirm?

Rift takes what I fealt WoW did well and give is a better coat of paint. The graphics are some of the best I have seen in a mmo. I mostly did solo quests, I got to lvl 38 before I burned out having just come from 3 years in wow.

My advice would be play the light version until level 20, you will have a good understanding of the game by then and will know if you want to sub or not.

I cant comment on th expansion though as I am yet to experience it however having just subbed for 6 months, I think I will do so soon ha.
  • elephantjuice 20 Apr 2013 07:17:18 665 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Thanks. I hit either level 9 or 10 yesterday which surprised me as I haven't put much time in at all, so I'm hoping things slow down a bit after lvl 10 or else I'll get to 20 before I know it.

Is it possible to start with a new character in the lite version so I can try out the other faction and a different class once I hit 20 with my current character?
  • spamdangled 20 Apr 2013 15:08:19 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    elephantjuice wrote:
    Just downloaded the 'lite' version this morning.

I've only played for 20 minutes or so but I'm hoping to be on this evening for an extended play.

My first impression is the striking resemblance to WoW, which, on one hand is a good thing as I feel right at home but on the other hand there's a reason I quit WoW! (3 years ago - during wotlk)

It does feel a lot more neat and tidy in terms of the interface and presentation and I especially like how it natively supports interface customisation.

What's this like to play through solo? All of my WoW levelling was done solo (PvE) and I didn't really get into group play until a lot later on but I still enjoyed it. Is this a more or less of a solo friendly game?

Also, if I wanted to get the full game can I just get the expansion or do I need the base game too, or is it wise to just get the base game first and see how that pans out?
    I wouldn't say it's Solo-Friendly (i.e, focussed), but very focussed on PVE. There's Instant Adventures, which groups you and puts you various different quests, and it auto-scales your level to the zone. Plus the whole Rift Mechanic and public grouping practically encourages grouping with others.

The only major problem I have is the community, which is an utterly horrible crapshoot filled with racists, idiots, homophobes, sexists, and trolls in general chat, plus a seemingly endless obsession with complaints about the lack of Falling Damage or Flying Mounts. I can't help but think the community is why the player numbers are so low - no-one likes to log in to a new game only to see general chat being dominated by someone whining that he is isn't allowed to call a black person a n****r.

Edited by darkmorgado at 15:08:50 20-04-2013

• spamdangled 21 Apr 2013 01:00:40 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just did a Storm Legion event... Bloody hell, that was epic. They need to add that sort of stuff to the vanilla zones to liven them up a bit more.

• spamdangled 23 Apr 2013 11:49:14 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    There's some new rewards for players for use Raptr:

An exclusive pet,

A helmet costume piece

A shoulder costume piece

But best of all, you can also claim a free copy of Rift, which comes with the Storm Legion expansion and 30days game time.

The only thing you need to do is to have Rapt open while playing so it can log your game time etc. The different items come with different requirements based on how long you've played, but the offer goes on until June and as the game itself is pretty generous with not logging out AFKers, you can easily log in, wander off and accumulate your time.

• spamdangled 24 Apr 2013 00:45:11 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    One thing about the reward worth mentioning - you can earn it even just by playing the free trial (that limits you to level 20).

This means, in effect, anyone can now get the full game, expansion, and a month of subscription - worth 40 on Steam - absolutely free.

Which is probably one of the most generous giveaways I've seen in... possibly forever?

• Fydria 24 Apr 2013 08:15:41 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah it's brilliant, the game is vastly underrated I think, many people who tried it at the start never gave it a 2nd chance which is a shame. I'd honestly play it a lot more myself I just seem to struggle to get groups for anything. I think in my whole time playing and queueing for dungeons I got into about 2 or 3.
  • elephantjuice 24 Apr 2013 08:21:34 665 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    DM - That really is one hell of a bargain.

I only just started playing this (the 'lite' version) last week so have timed it quite well!
  • spamdangled 5 May 2013 10:12:01 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I have a code for the full fame, expansion and 30 days of game time.

Pm me if interestd.

• spamdangled 5 May 2013 10:12:50 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fydria wrote:
    Yeah it's brilliant, the game is vastly underrated I think, many people who tried it at the start never gave it a 2nd chance which is a shame. I'd honestly play it a lot more myself I just seem to struggle to get groups for anything. I think in my whole time playing and queueing for dungeons I got into about 2 or 3.
    I play on the NA servers, they're much more populated ime.

• Carlo 7 May 2013 23:43:01 18,058 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @romelpotter Did you join?

• spamdangled 8 May 2013 00:01:43 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Just hit level 60... now to reach the Planar Attunement cap of lvl 1079!

• Fydria 11 May 2013 01:05:22 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Just rerolled a Cleric Guardian on Icewatch. Combat seems lots more smoother than I remember from last year. Does anyone know if you can mail from a Defiant character to a Guardian?
  • spamdangled 11 May 2013 02:55:52 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah you can. Guilds are cross-faction now too (at least they are on PVE servers, not sure if it's different for PVP ones).

Once you're at the level cap and aiming at getting your gear up, on the NA region there's a chat channel people use cross-server for Storm Legion zone events. I presume there is something similar on the EU region.

Plus, even if you have no interest in PVP, Conquests give out Infinity Stones (used for pre-raid epics), so they're still worth participating in if you're gearing up for PVE endgame content.

Edited by darkmorgado at 02:58:12 11-05-2013

• Fydria 11 May 2013 10:33:30 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    @darkmorgado Good to know thanks. Just going to see if I can reach level 20 with this new character before subbing again.
  • Fydria 14 May 2013 19:48:57 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Going F2P 12th of June. Hopefully it will be a positive move. It's worked really well for some MMO's, and to be honest for Rift to go this long with a sub says a lot, just hope it isn't a sign of the end.
  • spamdangled 14 May 2013 19:50:42 27,355 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I dont think it is the end, not for a long time. THe American servers are really busy 24 hours a day.

• Fydria 16 May 2013 12:37:19 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The announcement has already given the game an influx of players, there was a queue for my server last night, I noticed a lot of people in Silverwood Forest. I've got everything crossed that this works and Trion are able to continue to churn out the content albeit not as fast as previous.
  • Fydria 28 May 2013 18:26:47 561 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm back in the Rift love again. The influx of players along with playing a healer for dungeons means no queue times, so I've finally been able to see a lot more of the game. Really enjoying the Cleric and using 2 roles as I level up seems a lot better of understanding them as you go along instead of getting quite high and picking another spec and being like "Where do I start?".

Just dinged 30 in about 2 weeks, so I'm not really rushing just enjoying the journey. Some of the zone events really are fantastic, I've just finished coming out of Gloamwood and the feel for that zone was brilliant, you can't beat a bit of Dragons and Werewolfs!
  • Page

of 9 First / Last