The soundtrack finally arrived today \o/

Anyone else?
  • MattyB2007 8 Aug 2011 17:32:50 2,703 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah I sure did.

/Puts track 31 on repeat

Live - Revenge First,
    Wii U/PSN & Steam - Revenge_First (Matt on Wii U as well)
    3DS - Matt - 1246-8695-7316

• Deleted user 8 August 2011 18:05:01
    Mine arrived a couple of days ago.
  • Raiko101 8 Aug 2011 19:12:47 6,304 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Yeah, mine arrived today. Don't get why the deliveries dates were all over the place, but it was a freebie after all. Might use some of these songs as ring tones on my phone. The windmill song is just too good.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• GrandpaUlrira 8 Aug 2011 19:46:05 3,753 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Mine arrived over a week ago. Real shame it's just the MIDIs and nothing else.
  • redcrayon 9 Aug 2011 18:38:46 4,558 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Ignatius_Cheese wrote:
    I paid about 125 for 2 tickets. Still not sure what I'm doing with the 2nd ticket. Have a few people in mind but yeah, an EG Symphony pint sounds like a grand idea!

I'd be up for meeting for a pint beforehand, as my office is only around the corner. Let me know if you can't sell the other ticket, I'll be glad to take it off your hands!
  • JinTypeNoir 13 Aug 2011 15:53:08 4,386 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Playing through the Master Quest now (this is my first time with it). Nintendo needs to do more N64 remakes so that we can completely ditch the N64 blur of the few classics they released for that platform and never have to deal with that icky, icky graphical style again.

I like Ocarina of Time so much better now without the N64 Ugly (R). (Not that I disliked it before, quite the opposite.)

If we could get Paper Mario, Kirby, Wave Race and Majora's Mask remakes on the 3DS I'll never have to deal with that putrid machine's puke filter again! Come on, Nintendo! Mario Tennis would be nice too, since I thought the Gameboy Color/N64 versions were better than their GBA/Gamecube sequels, but they never remakes their sports titles. :(

But aaaaanyway, Master Quest! Does it maybe take a lot more effort than I'm seeing to make something like this? Why have we never seen another take on a Master Quest-like second quest for a 3D Zelda? Wouldn't that partially go a way to solving the issue they have of balancing the difficulty for newcomers and pros?
  • Deleted user 13 August 2011 15:53:51
    My 64 is fine.

/buffs RGB mod.
  • Lexx87 13 Aug 2011 16:00:44 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Loving this again, really really loving it.

I forgot about the secret finder tool you get from handing in the gold tokens . There are a few flashing up where I thought there would be a secret, the circle of stones you find in places but the usual trick of using bombs isn't working there.

Going to wait until I get the Lens or mask of truth, or both, and have another look later

Speak the truth hussy!

• Gaol 13 Aug 2011 16:07:52 2,369 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyone else still waiting on their soundtrack?
  • redcrayon 13 Aug 2011 16:23:01 4,558 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Lexx87 wrote:
    Loving this again, really really loving it.

I forgot about the secret finder tool you get from handing in the gold tokens . There are a few flashing up where I thought there would be a secret, the circle of stones you find in places but the usual trick of using bombs isn't working there.

Going to wait until I get the Lens or mask of truth, or both, and have another look later

I remember now, the circle of stones outside the entrance to Goron city, the stone was buzzing like crazy, tried bombs and never went back to check it out with the lens!
  • up_the_ante 19 Aug 2011 01:50:57 45 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've just got this. I lie in my bed every night playing it. I keep coming across places and things that I suddenly remember from 12 years ago. Loving it! Holds up so well
  • jonp 25 Aug 2011 20:41:29 4 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Finished this a few days ago. Seemed a lot easier than remember first time around on N64.

Such a majestic game and beautiful on 3DS.

Question is, I own it (the original) on the gamecube collectors disk, and I have no desire to go back around the master quest. So do I trade or keep?
  • WillyWanka 26 Aug 2011 15:46:14 802 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm currently playing this on the Wii Virtual Console. My god the Shadow Temple boss is so bloody frustrating. The stupid virtual console controller makes it really easy to press the wrong 'C button'. I've not got this annoyed with a game for ages.
  • Zackv4861 2 Sep 2011 18:05:32 1,085 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought this on th 3DS three weeks oh god i love it!! There's nothing like that Hyrulian sunset. Please Nintendo Majora's mask next, and some pressure for another Advance wars and Fire emblem 3D would make me very happy
  • ilmaestro 24 Sep 2011 00:59:22 32,427 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally got around to starting this after buying a 3DS purely because it was coming out... and oh my days, the 3D and sound quality just makes it so epic, stuff like the Navi's-eye-view sequence as she flies to get Link at the very start of the game is awesome.

• Deleted user 24 September 2011 01:06:24
    Grat games are always great, OoT has it's status for a reason.

The most incredibly subtle writing and direction, I'm sure most never noticed. Otto wrote a few lovely paragraphs on link leaving :(
  • Lexx87 16 Oct 2011 14:54:00 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Finished this now; with 35/36 heart pieces and 90 skulltala things decided to just get it over with. Awesome as always, and the new bonus orchestral theme at the end was brilliant! :D

Speak the truth hussy!

• StringBeanJean 16 Oct 2011 21:06:50 1,777 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This game is too hard for me, and I'm just not really enjoying it, having never played it before. Never liked the Zelda games that much (with the exception of Links Awakening), and the 2 N64 ones are the only ones I haven't played. Love the graphics and there's been some good bits, but I'm constantly using my strategy guide to get through things as I can't be arsed to walk miles in the hope that it's the right way to go. It just feels a bit like hard work.

Funny really, Metroid is probably my favorite games series and it's pretty similar.
  • Lexx87 16 Oct 2011 21:12:31 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Anywhere you need to go is indicated by a big flashing dot on your map.

Speak the truth hussy!

• StringBeanJean 16 Oct 2011 21:18:21 1,777 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    But sometimes there's 4 or 5 flashing dots! And you go to them (which takes ages) and there's seemingly nothing there. Lon Lon ranch, for example, seems to always flash regardless of what I'm doing.
  • Lexx87 16 Oct 2011 21:19:50 20,869 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You need to do something with the girl singing...

Speak the truth hussy!

• Jono62 16 Oct 2011 21:22:58 14,119 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It's worth going to Lon Lon Ranch for sure.
  • PapaSmurf630 22 Oct 2011 20:51:58 245 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    F**king loving this game.
  • DFawkes 22 Oct 2011 23:58:30 22,959 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I just can't feel major love this. I'm not even sure why, everything about it is created in a way I know I should love. It still feels like Zelda, yet also nice and fresh, yet it hasn't grabbed me. I did make the mistake of buying it at the same time as my new favourite game ever, Xenoblade. I think that's it.

I'll keep at it though, I'm already further than I got the first time I played it on Gamecube (where the first boss killed me. I was really shit back then).

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• roz123 24 Oct 2011 10:38:35 7,113 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    It didn't really click with me until I was over half way through but I really enjoyed it after that.
  • Centrifugal 24 Oct 2011 12:55:23 13 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know OoT like the back of my hand, but I still can't see how anyone would find it too difficult. I completed it when I was 10 years old. I'm sure many completed it at a younger age.

This edition has the Sheikah stones, too. You'd have to be an absolute idiot to not understand what to do.
  • DFawkes 24 Oct 2011 20:08:24 22,959 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Who's that in reply to? I can't see anyone on this page saying they're having any difficulty. Some posts lost during the site change?

Oh for goodness sake, I've caught my scrotum in my zip again - Margaret Thatcher, 1986

• Raiko101 24 Oct 2011 20:11:29 6,304 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I think he's talking about StringBeanJean.

3DS: 4210 4002 8289 (Dave)
    Wii U: Raiko87
    Xbox Live: Raiko87

• StringBeanJean 24 Oct 2011 20:20:12 1,777 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It's not so much difficult as a bit of a chore trying to figure out where to go next and that, even with the hints which I use a lot. If I had this when I was a kid or teenager it'd be different probably as I'd have more time to wander around trying to find where to go next.

I think the difference between Zelda and Metroid is key here. Even though Metroid (2Ds and Primes) involve lots of wandering around trying to find where to go next, Samus is such a joy to control, and the enemies fun to shoot, and there's always the chance of finding something secret through random bombing and jumping etc, or trying out your new abilities that it keeps me interested even when I haven't a clue where to go next. On OOT's part, controlling link is no fun really, the enemies are boring to kill, there are secrets to discover but they're a real chore usually involving some boring fetch and carry sidequest...

I'm gonna keep with it and hope that it grows on me because I know how highly this game is held. However I was worried about getting it as I didn't like WW either (the only other 3d Zelda I've played) and to be honest even replaying LttP recently didn't grab me in the way that replaying Mario World and Super Metroid did. I guess I'm just not down with the Zelda games, which is unusual for a Nintendo fanboy like me.
  • Page

of 59 First / Last