Game of Thrones (HBO TV SERIES) @ U.S. Pace - NO BOOK SPOILERS! Page 187

  • Page

    of 288 First / Last

  • kalel 12 Jun 2013 13:45:15 86,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    It's really putting a downer on my enjoyment of the discussion, and the thread in general. I wish it would stop.

    I agree.

    I'm just going to repeat this from a pervious post and then leave it. My final word on the subject (for now I guess).

    kalel wrote:
    I've no idea why we're continuing to try and make one thread work when virtually every page someone proves it doesn't.
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Jun 2013 13:46:35 7,830 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I have an obsidian theory. Just posted it in other thread. (Possibly ok to post here but not risking it).
  • Baihu1983 12 Jun 2013 13:53:41 3,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Game of Thrones finale most pirated ever on BitTorrents

    http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/22853888
  • TOOTR 12 Jun 2013 14:06:37 9,498 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    How pointless would an arrowhead be though, really?
    Surely an arrow shaft without the arrowhead would be the literal version of pointless?

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • GuiltySpark 12 Jun 2013 14:10:21 6,324 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    TOOTR wrote:
    GuiltySpark wrote:
    How pointless would an arrowhead be though, really?
    Surely an arrow shaft without the arrowhead would be the literal version of pointless?
    To reiterate, I thought that dragonglass was extremely precious, and therefore you don't want your precious material flying across the battlefield with the potentiality to kill one Walker, as opposed to making it into a sword and killing many.

    This may not be the case though. If only we had someone who had read the book to tell us the answer.

    Get bent.

  • TOOTR 12 Jun 2013 14:11:43 9,498 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    ANYWAY, back to the TV show.

    Something I thought of regarding the last episode: does anyone remember Sam picking up that giant sack of Dragonglass? Did he always have it? I know he said "found on the Fist of the First Men", but did he go back to get it?
    No I don't recall seeing that either.

    I'm also struggling to remember exactly why Bran is SO INSISTENT that he has to go over the wall?

    Certainly not a robust enough message to understand why he continues to head that way while people are legging it in the other direction...

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • Baihu1983 12 Jun 2013 14:14:59 3,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    He tells Osha that he needs to find the 3 eyed raven thats been coming to him since the fall in S1.

    Edited by Baihu1983 at 14:16:10 12-06-2013
  • graysonavich 12 Jun 2013 14:15:24 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think he's trying to find the 3 eyed raven. To what end I've no idea/missed it/don't care enough.
  • Deckard1 12 Jun 2013 14:16:57 27,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That whole bit is by far the weakest in the show. I just want them all to die.
  • GuiltySpark 12 Jun 2013 14:16:58 6,324 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    He should just grab it in dream, and pull it through Freddy Kruger stylee.

    Simple really.

    Get bent.

  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2013 14:20:14 14,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Maybe it is time for a Game Of Thrones group?

    It could have threads for the books, TV show and then another for all the hillarious gifs and images.

    Then we can leave this thread for non book wanker TV show discussion.
  • graysonavich 12 Jun 2013 14:22:10 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Don't forget those side-splitting facebook links!
  • Deckard1 12 Jun 2013 14:23:33 27,256 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    Maybe it is time for a Game Of Thrones group?

    It could have threads for the books, TV show and then another for all the hillarious gifs and images.

    Then we can leave this thread for non book wanker TV show discussion.
    I endorse this idea. Baihu you could be A KING
  • varsas 12 Jun 2013 14:32:04 2,401 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I enjoy Bran's storyline and since it ties in with the magical/white walker part of the show. I'm not sure what's driving him but I think it's partly due to the things he's seen and now the things that he can do; he wants to find a purpose or reason for it all.
  • Shikasama 12 Jun 2013 14:33:30 6,633 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    The more fantastical elements are my least favorite in general. I much prefer it when it is basically a medieval intrigue story.
  • graysonavich 12 Jun 2013 14:34:45 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I said the same at the end of series 1, the end of series 2 and now at the end of series 3 but I really hope the fantasy part of the show takes the reins soon. Most episodes this series really turned into dress-up Hollyoaks in castles.
  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2013 14:35:51 14,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    One of the best things about the show is when the different plot strands meet, such as Bran and Sam this week.
  • Alastair 12 Jun 2013 14:36:37 15,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah she's always been hideous
    Yara is ironborn. She would be disowned if she wore makeup. Theon pissed off his dad by wearing decent clothes last season.
    It wasn't the clothes, it was the jewellery that he hadn't paid the iron price for. At least, that is my recollection.

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • TOOTR 12 Jun 2013 14:36:51 9,498 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Don't forget those side-splitting facebook links!
    I'm glad it's not just me that loves them.

    That 'crows before ho's' one - genius, sheer sublime genius.

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • TOOTR 12 Jun 2013 14:37:36 9,498 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Deckard1 wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    Maybe it is time for a Game Of Thrones group?

    It could have threads for the books, TV show and then another for all the hillarious gifs and images.

    Then we can leave this thread for non book wanker TV show discussion.
    I endorse this idea. Baihu you could be A KING
    Agreed.

    Everybody should just calm down a little bit and have a nice cup of tea.

  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2013 14:39:17 14,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I think I would start to lose interest if it became to fantasy heavy. The political intrigue and power plays are far more intriguing.
  • Alastair 12 Jun 2013 14:41:41 15,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    graysonavich wrote:
    Don't forget those side-splitting facebook links!
    I quite like those, you big smelly!

    Not as nice as I used to be

  • varsas 12 Jun 2013 14:47:51 2,401 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    I think I would start to lose interest if it became to fantasy heavy. The political intrigue and power plays are far more intriguing.
    What do you mean by heavy? I don't think we'll be seeing wizards throwing fireballs. Having the fantasy element to the extent of dragons, the fire god, white walkers and the undead seems the limit and it feels quite grounded for such things imo.
  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2013 14:49:19 14,201 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    varsas wrote:
    TheSaint wrote:
    I think I would start to lose interest if it became to fantasy heavy. The political intrigue and power plays are far more intriguing.
    What do you mean by heavy? I don't think we'll be seeing wizards throwing fireballs. Having the fantasy element to the extent of dragons, the fire god, white walkers and the undead seems the limit and it feels quite grounded for such things imo.
    I was responding to graysonavich's post.
  • graysonavich 12 Jun 2013 14:50:55 7,309 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TheSaint wrote:
    One of the best things about the show is when the different plot strands meet, such as Bran and Sam this week.
    It all happened too readily in the last few episodes. Everyone suddenly bumping into each other or just missing each other. Unintentionally quite funny. Flashbacks to the scene in Shaun of the Dead where the 2 groups pass each other in the garden.
  • PazJohnMitch 12 Jun 2013 15:01:46 7,830 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Alastair wrote:
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    Deckard1 wrote:
    Yeah she's always been hideous
    Yara is ironborn. She would be disowned if she wore makeup. Theon pissed off his dad by wearing decent clothes last season.
    It wasn't the clothes, it was the jewellery that he hadn't paid the iron price for. At least, that is my recollection.
    Yes you are correct.
  • Baihu1983 12 Jun 2013 15:10:30 3,312 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They should have spent some time on Brans dreams last season rather than having him sit at a table listening to people moan till Theon took over Winterfell.

    Edited by Baihu1983 at 15:55:15 12-06-2013
  • Salaman 12 Jun 2013 15:56:20 18,879 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    kalel wrote:
    it's not like we're talking about Gossip Girl.
    Is that any good? I heard the name before but I assumed it wouldn't be my bag, based solely on the name. Is it sitcom? Reality TV?
    Should I start torrenting it?
  • kalel 12 Jun 2013 15:57:48 86,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Salaman wrote:
    kalel wrote:
    it's not like we're talking about Gossip Girl.
    Is that any good? I heard the name before but I assumed it wouldn't be my bag, based solely on the name. Is it sitcom? Reality TV?
    Should I start torrenting it?
    It's absolutely amazing. It gives me a good hour's gaming time while my wife watches it, and the box sets will keep her going for hours.
  • Salaman 12 Jun 2013 16:02:41 18,879 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Ah, I'm single. I'll give it a miss then. :-)

    Shikasama wrote:
    There must be something special about the dragon glass stuff, it's that whole Fire V Ice thing again isn't it.
    Made in a volcano? So a bit like fire in a solid state which you can ram down into a big lump of animated ice in a living/moving/walking about state?

    Or something.
  • Page

    of 288 First / Last

Log in or register to reply