Eurogamer Expo 2011 Page 15

• Page

of 16 First / Last

• Futaba 26 Sep 2011 23:12:33 3,511 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    localnotail wrote:
    That Joker girl was well-chosen

Is that Wayne Rooney in the Naruto cosplay?

Huntcjna wrote:
    Ninja Gaiden 3 - Horrible I have nothing good to say about it. Its a poster child of how to attempt to westernise a sequel and fail miserably. That studio has produced nothing of any merit since Itagaki left and on this showing may never do again. Don't even get me started on the awful QTE's.

This really makes me fear for how DOA5 will turn out :( DOA Ultimate, 3 and 4 were awesome, I really hope they don't fuck up 5.

As far back as I can remember I always wanted to be a ninja.

• Tiiti 27 Sep 2011 08:00:08 498 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Whizzo wrote:
    I got first place with total destruction on my second go on Ridge Racer, I'm super awesome of course. Shame I could only get third on a later attempt after the win a t-shirt tweet appeared!

It's another Flatout in everything but name, which is good.

You should have taken a picture of your win from earlier. Not exactly the first thing you think of I know but some other people did :)

Father. Husband. Gamer.
    PS4 | XBO | WiiU | iPad4 | iPhone 5
    PC: i7 2600k, GTX 780, SSD

• Whizzo 27 Sep 2011 09:31:39 43,128 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It seems to obvious now but I really didn't think of that! I noticed a lot of people were struggling with getting anywhere with the game so perhaps they need some tweaking on a future public demo otherwise players may get put off.

This space left intentionally blank.

• Deleted user 27 September 2011 18:50:57
    So jealous people are playing Max Anarchy right now.

agparrot wrote:
    Anarchy Reigns, it's an absolutely mental 4UP fighting game with mental special moves, played at light speed with lots of button mashing.

Awwwww yeaaaaaaa.

Anarchy Reigns - This was absolutely bat shit crazy and not in a good way. Looks great in motion but is so so unbalanced. It needs some kind of reversal system or the skinny ninja character is all people will be playing.

Online party brawler with a ridiculously overpowered Ninja? I have the weirdest boner.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 27 Sep 2011 19:06:15 38,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I won against 2 ninjas and the sexy lady by using the grappling pimp. Aw yeah.

Follow me on Twitter: @MrTom
    Voted by the community "Best mod" 2011, 2012 and 2013.

• Deleted user 27 September 2011 19:10:22
    Nice one DDevil, the Black Baron character stole the show in Mad World, great to see him playable now with his Super Sexy Fists of Fire.
  • Deleted user 27 September 2011 19:25:05
    Oddly enough, Anarchy Reigns was pretty much the only game in the Over 18 section at the Expo that I didn't play. Didn't look like something I would enjoy playing and anyway every time I walked past where the game was, there weren't any spare screens and there were always queues.
  • elvenscroll 27 Sep 2011 19:35:34 1,408 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Bizarre question. Anyone got any idea what brand/model headphones they were using on the Skyrim units? They had a green alien head on them, which makes me think they are alienware, but I cant seem to find them anywhere.

I ask, because, strange as it may sound, I've never experienced gaming through a decent quality headset before, and I was impressed. Especially the sword being unsheathed. o_O

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Deleted user 27 September 2011 19:53:08
    I can't answer that particular question, but I do remember the headphones I used while playing Dark Souls being particularly good. I didn't have a problem with any headphones, so they must have been great to stand out.
  • gammonbanter 27 Sep 2011 21:50:23 1,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Erm, I saw chaps with pints of beer walking around. Where did they come from? I got stung for 16 buying 4 bottles upstairs in the canteen bit! Oh well, it was fun! =)

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• warlockuk 27 Sep 2011 22:06:27 19,169 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Was it me? I got a pint from various bars by ordering the meh bitter rather than getting bottles.

Did get asked not to stand there with beer by the ninty ladies 'cos their boss'd minge at 'em.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• gammonbanter 27 Sep 2011 22:21:59 1,499 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    warlockuk wrote:
    Was it me? I got a pint from various bars by ordering the meh bitter rather than getting bottles.

Did get asked not to stand there with beer by the ninty ladies 'cos their boss'd minge at 'em.

I salute you sir, beering and expo'ing is tremendous fun. I played the kinect games with beer in hand - the guy didn't give a monkeys!

We tried drinking a beer from every world cup nation http://worldcup2014beers.wordpress.com/

• warlockuk 27 Sep 2011 22:31:49 19,169 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    That's how the kinect has to be used. Beer or gtfo.

I'm a grumpy bastard.

• L_Franko Moderator 27 Sep 2011 22:45:52 9,694 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If it hasn't already been said there is expo coverage on inside xbox on 360 dash.
  • Huntcjna 27 Sep 2011 23:38:50 13,876 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    elvenscroll wrote:
    Bizarre question. Anyone got any idea what brand/model headphones they were using on the Skyrim units? They had a green alien head on them, which makes me think they are alienware, but I cant seem to find them anywhere.

I ask, because, strange as it may sound, I've never experienced gaming through a decent quality headset before, and I was impressed. Especially the sword being unsheathed. o_O

The Skyrim demo pods were using Turtle Beach X12's and as you say were very impressive. I bought some DX11's at the Turtle Beach stand and they are fantastic to be honest.
  • spamdangled 27 Sep 2011 23:51:39 27,355 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've still yet to use my DX11s. I'm going to give them a thorough test tomorrow I think on Gears 3.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• elvenscroll 27 Sep 2011 23:58:08 1,408 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cheers for the answer! Very tempted to take the plunge and grab a pair, especially as I see they will work with the PC as well.

NNID/PSN - Chipworm

• Youthist 28 Sep 2011 11:05:41 10,018 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This years show was SOOO much better than last years. Congrats to all involved in setting it up - it felt like some of the comments on previous years had been taken on-board, and there were improvements everywhere - better lighting, better stands, more interesting things going on scattered around the hall, great retro section - and MUCH better bar area.

Great work.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• brokenkey 28 Sep 2011 11:08:33 7,033 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    L_Franko wrote:
    If it hasn't already been said there is expo coverage on inside xbox on 360 dash.

Does it include *that* girl. Otherwise I'm not bothering.

3DS 3497-0122-1484
    XBL/PSN/NNID: CptnBrokenkey

• graysonavich 28 Sep 2011 11:44:25 7,353 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Is there a way for us non-console owners to view it online?
  • Deleted user 28 September 2011 12:28:16
    Youthist wrote:
    This years show was SOOO much better than last years. Congrats to all involved in setting it up - it felt like some of the comments on previous years had been taken on-board, and there were improvements everywhere - better lighting, better stands, more interesting things going on scattered around the hall, great retro section - and MUCH better bar area.

Great work.
    I don't know about it being SOOO much better this year around :D , but I agree with you that this years Expo was better than last years, as no matter how good the Expo is there is always something that can be improved. Biggest improvements for me were the retro section (I could have spent a whole day in there!), the creation of an indie arcade as opposed to just lining up pcs on either side of one wall (gave it an 80's feel), loads of cosplayers (and good ones to) which made things generally more interesting and a bigger hall for the Expo to be in which gave lots more space for bigger stands and fun stuff going on. There were other things I noticed as well, but no point listing everything :)
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 28 Sep 2011 12:59:09 38,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Well I was there this year. That instantly makes it better. That's science fact.

• Youthist 28 Sep 2011 13:07:03 10,018 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dogme wrote:
    Youthist wrote:

Great work.
    I don't know about it being SOOO much better this year around :D , but I agree with you that this years Expo was better than last years, as no matter how good the Expo is there is always something that can be improved. Biggest improvements for me were the retro section (I could have spent a whole day in there!), the creation of an indie arcade as opposed to just lining up pcs on either side of one wall (gave it an 80's feel), loads of cosplayers (and good ones to) which made things generally more interesting and a bigger hall for the Expo to be in which gave lots more space for bigger stands and fun stuff going on. There were other things I noticed as well, but no point listing everything :)

that pretty much allows it to be called "soooo" much in my book :-)

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realise half of them are stupider than that

• HarryPalmer 28 Sep 2011 17:12:05 3,321 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Guardian interview with Tom Bramwell!
  • Venatio Event Features Manager, Gamer Network 29 Sep 2011 10:38:24 4,629 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phew, I think I've just about recovered. Thanks to everyone who took the time to come along, hope you all enjoyed yourselves. I think we improved the show in most areas but there's still loads we can work on for next year. See you in 2012!

"sounds like a public school ponce"

• Alastair 29 Sep 2011 10:47:34 15,760 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I will deffo be there again next year.
  • MrTomFTW Moderator 29 Sep 2011 10:53:55 38,246 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    If I can afford the travel/hotel I'd love to go again next year.

And good to meet you Ven. Surprised to see you at the party after 7:29 ;-)

• Deleted user 29 September 2011 11:27:28
    ecosse_011172 wrote:
    I've been watching Eli and John Teti's videos, really enjoying them.
    The expo looks great but the MW3/BF3 domination of the attendees thoughts is utterly depressing...
    However, when at the Expo I hardly heard anyone talking about either game unless they were queueing up for them or playing them. When having a microphone shoved in your face and needing to come up with an answer straight away, it's probably easier for someone to just answer MW3/BF3 than having to think on camera.

This isn't a complaint, but one improvement for next year would be more XL Tshirts being handed out at stands or when people are queueing up for dev sessions. I don't know anyone that can fit into a small or medium TShirt these days. Also, I wonder if we'll see a time when the Expo is held in both halls that the last two Expos have been held in. The biggest games like COD and Battlefield etc. could go in the hall from last year and everything else in this years hall.
  • Page

of 16 First / Last