Revolution in the middle east Page 58

• Page

of 84 First / Last

• MrDigital 16 Nov 2012 12:02:00 1,866 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Guessing this has already been posted quite a few times in this thread but man, forget Wikileaks, we'll post the killing ourselves and show it to the world on Youtube.

Formerly TheStylishHobo and Geesh.

• Moot_Point 16 Nov 2012 12:02:08 3,912 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Aargh. wrote:
    Moot_Point wrote:
    @Aargh. If it is hard work, then stop trying to pick holes in what I am saying.
    You seem to be getting confused between having holes picked with what you said with asking a very simple question as part of a discussion.

Her being white was interesting because...it was?
    It was worth pointing out, because it isn't just those protesting in Gaza that are being killed, but also people from other countries who protest too. So it interesting to see how far Israel is prepared to go when it comes to getting more land to expand their country, by violating basic human rights.

================================================================================

mowgli wrote: I thought the 1 married the .2 and founded Islam?

• Khanivor 16 Nov 2012 12:22:28 40,380 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Well that was coherently put.
  • AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 12:43:27 7,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    It's kind of hard to justify killing by bulldozer as accidental.
    What?
    Is taking bulldozers to a site where people live and then running over them to be considered accidental now? Are they not expecting people might be there? Perhaps it's worthwhile using the surrounding soldiers as banksmen? It's very difficult to say bulldozing someone down like that is accidental, it clearly wasn't. At best it was completely negligent but I expect more likely it was simply a complete disregard for human life.
  • disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 12:49:43 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The thing is you're saying 'bulldozing someone down like that', but at the same time 'Is taking bulldozers to a site where people live and then running over them'. Which just isn't what happened.

Stuff like this is cuntish enough without imaginary cuntishness being added to it.
  • richardiox 16 Nov 2012 12:57:09 5,541 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They have the common courtesy to empty the family homes before reducing them to rubble. The compassion.

2,500 homes bulldozed in the last incursion.

Edited by richardiox at 12:58:58 16-11-2012
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 13:06:40 43,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    She didn't live there. They'd cleared the site and she was occupying it to prevent them demolishing the building.

The details are unclear but it seems they knocked over a building thinking it was empty, and she was squashed either by being in it, or by trying to get in the way of the bulldozer and the driver not seeing her.

LB, you really are a massive geek.

• AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 13:18:18 7,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm sorry but you're saying it's an accident to bulldoze down and kill someone because they thought she wasn't there? No, more like they couldn't care less to check. It's not a tough job to have someone stand in front of a bulldozer or to remove people from a site. If they can't guarantee that people aren't there they shouldn't be bulldozing....
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 13:20:44 43,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I am saying it is an accident to kill someone because they thought they weren't there. Because that's exactly what it is.

Are you saying it was intentional, in that they'd previous thought the building empty buit charged in hoping they'd catch a protestor they didn't know about?

Try to make sense.

• disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 13:23:28 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I'm sorry but you're saying it's an accident to bulldoze down and kill someone because they thought she wasn't there?
    As opposed to saying it's an accident to bulldoze down and kill someone because they thought she was there?
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 13:24:23 39,384 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The president of Egypt has said he will not leave Gaza alone....

Is that a threat?

Come and get it cumslingers!

• AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 13:26:05 7,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    What's not making sense? I don't think they care enough about removing people from the area, there is a genuine disregard for human life. If they are going to bulldoze down public places in occupied areas then they should damn well make sure the area is clear, not just use guess work.
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 13:33:40 43,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It was an area they'd cleared and she'd snuck back into. If she'd done in on a UK building site and been killed, would you conclude the UK people were bloodthirsty monsters with no regard for human life?

• Rusty_M 16 Nov 2012 13:45:57 4,570 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Like hedgehogs in bonfires, innit.

The world is going mad. Me? I'm doing fine.

• SClaw 16 Nov 2012 13:49:01 826 posts
    Seen 5 months ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    It was an area they'd cleared and she'd snuck back into. If she'd done in on a UK building site and been killed, would you conclude the UK people were bloodthirsty monsters with no regard for human life?
    That's a stupid comment. The builders would be done for manslaughter (or at least health and safety), for not having enough fencing or security or whatever.
  • disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 13:51:39 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I doubt that somehow.
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 13:56:37 43,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    SClaw wrote:
    LeoliansBro wrote:
    That's a stupid comment. The builders would be done for manslaughter (or at least health and safety), for not having enough fencing or security or whatever.
    Probably they should be. Aaron was saying they deliberately wanted to kill her, and insinuated that this was because Israelis were overbearing and prone to excessive retaliation.

There is evidence for this, for sure, but saying they wanted to kill this woman is the stupid comment I would say.

• AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 13:57:13 7,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Course they would, I work daily on construction Sites and there is hell to pay for any preventable accident. In this case illegally demolishing homes in an occupied area... Are we really suggesting that they cared enough? It's a basic duty to make sure you're not bulldozing down another human being, I mean how couldn't this be preventable?
  • LeoliansBro 16 Nov 2012 14:02:11 43,227 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    It could be preventable. You said it was on purpose.

• disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 14:02:26 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I mean how couldn't this be preventable?
    By no one seeing her come back and get in the way of the bulldozer.
  • AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 14:08:07 7,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I'm sorry but is it or is it not a simple case of employing a person to watch the bulldozer and communicate with the driver? Is it or is it not a duty of theirs to ensure no one is in the way of the bulldozer? These people aren't making the m25, they are flattening homes and communities with no regard to human rights, you're suggesting I should take their word for it that this was an accident? Fuck no, it's at best criminal negligence.

+ leolins whatever, you're talking shit. If you're going to suggest I don't make sense then at least read what I am saying.
  • RedSparrows 16 Nov 2012 14:09:08 22,004 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    EuroStalker wrote:
    There's one country in the Middle East which never gets a mention. We bombed Iraq. We bombed Afghanistan (more Asia I know). We plan on bombing Iran and already included them in the Axis of Evil list. We helped Egypt and Libya bomb themselves. We've condemned the evil regimes in Yemen and Bahrain (but F1 is Ok). We are close to 'helping' Syria with their little dentist. All these places have been 'touched' by our goodwill and 'assistance'. There is one country which is purposely ignored and above criticism. Any one want to guess?
    Jordan?

Oh, you meant Saudi Arabia.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 14:12:00 39,384 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Saudi Arabia.

• disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 14:13:29 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    These people aren't making the m25, they are flattening homes and communities with no regard to human rights, you're suggesting I should take their word
    Of course not. But saying that there's no possible way for something like this to be an accident is silly.
  • mcmonkeyplc 16 Nov 2012 14:13:30 39,384 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The US is about to pass Saudi Arabia as the largest oil producer in the world.

When that happens and if the US becomes self sustainable they will fall into the shit as well.

Hence operation Watchman is the best solution.

OR

They could all join the EU.

Or

Something sensible.

• jellyhead 16 Nov 2012 14:13:30 24,350 posts
    Seen 1 year ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Maybe Israel should put cameras on their Bulldozers as they are obviously have limited visibility for the driver and are therefore unsafe. I'd imagine a Bulldozer where the driver cannot see what is in front of him would be a health and safety hazard and prosecuted over here?

A simple fix that may save lives in future. If they want to.

This signature intentionally left blank.

• Mola_Ram 16 Nov 2012 14:15:12 6,958 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Oman!
  • disusedgenius 16 Nov 2012 14:17:15 5,205 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    jellyhead wrote:
    A simple fix that may save lives in future. If they want to.
    There's also something to be said about the inherent danger of being too successful at being a human shield.

But meh: arguing for the sake or arguing a bit now that Aaron's clarified his point a bit better.
  • AaronTurner 16 Nov 2012 14:19:11 7,591 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    disusedgenius wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    These people aren't making the m25, they are flattening homes and communities with no regard to human rights, you're suggesting I should take their word
    Of course not. But saying that there's no possible way for something like this to be an accident is silly.
    It's not an accident, it's completely preventable.
  • Page

of 84 First / Last