The UK General Politics Thread Page 95

• Page

of 210 First / Last

• RobTheBuilder 2 May 2013 00:41:32 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    There was a great Mail article which referenced an article which got it's data from a Mail article which had misinterpreted figures...

(I forget the exact details, but true story)
  • spamdangled 2 May 2013 00:47:40 27,410 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    4gate wrote:
    BBC News pointed out the 'We'll all be foreign by 2066' is infact a rehash of a 2010 story, by a Migration Watch expert (ie a great big racist) and is really just Desmond trying get people to vote UKIP.
    I saw that too, hence my dismissal of the headline in my comment. I only even mentioned it because in the run-up to the local elections and alongside all the UKIP and shift-to-the-right-stuff, it provided an extra dimension to debate.

3DS: 4055-2781-2855 Xbox: spamdangled PSN: dark_morgan Wii U: Spamdangle Steam: spamdangled

• Bremenacht 2 May 2013 08:45:15 18,693 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Why are you quoting stuff from the Daily Express DM? May as well quote The Onion.
  • xuiton 2 May 2013 20:31:01 297 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    darkmorgado wrote:
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @xuiton I hope that's sarcasm
    Sadly, I don't think it is given his history.
    xuiton - 13 forum posts.. u wot m8?

I think you have too much history, you practically live on this website.
  • Rodpad 2 May 2013 20:59:35 1,951 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    u wot m8?
    Own goal.
  • xuiton 2 May 2013 21:05:43 297 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    xuiton wrote:
    u wot m8?
    Own goal.
    not really genius. he was clearing implying previous post history.
  • cubbymoore 2 May 2013 21:07:28 36,500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    he was clearing implying
    u wot m8?
  • b0rk 2 May 2013 21:08:03 2,875 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    m8, wot?
  • Deleted user 2 May 2013 21:08:17
    Black people have just as many rights as crackers Xuiton Jesus, this is 2013
  • b0rk 2 May 2013 21:09:54 2,875 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    stop wiv the h8, m8
  • cubbymoore 2 May 2013 21:14:16 36,500 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    His comments are amazing.

Molyneux adds option to re-grow Curiosity cube
    xuiton
    19/04/2013
    the guy is nothing but a cunt and his fable games were overrated anyway.
    Molyneux signals end to Curiosity - and we could find out what's inside the cube on the day of the next Xbox reveal
    xuiton
    01/05/2013
    this guy is a prick.
    Edited by cubbymoore at 21:14:51 02-05-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 2 May 2013 21:21:34 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I'm no molyneux fan, but that's more than a little harsh
  • Rodpad 2 May 2013 21:24:51 1,951 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Actually I don't disagree with his comments re Molyneux.

The brap speak above did ring UKIP alarm bells though.
  • xuiton 3 May 2013 17:39:21 297 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Roddles wrote:
    Actually I don't disagree with his comments re Molyneux.

The brap speak above did ring UKIP alarm bells though.
    ukip are a common sense party.
  • President_Weasel 3 May 2013 17:45:59 9,450 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    UKIP are a bunch of idiots and racists, and racist idiots, led by a buffoon who resembles a human muppet.

I was quite amused to see the quisling Lib Dems get seventh place in South Shields, behind the BNP. Let's see how they do at the next election - how's "power(-adjacency) at any price" looking now, Nick Clegg?

Heh

darkmorgado wrote:
    Indeed. Rather depressing, speaking as a member of the Lib Dems.

Nick Clegg was saying yesterday that in the event of a hung parliament at the next election, he would open negotiations with Labour and be willing to form a centrist government with them.

In the event of me being King of the Moon at the next election I might be willing to do some sort of resource sharing agreement with the UK; maybe lunar aluminium could make up for the tailing off of North Sea Oil.
    Or we could set up railguns on the lunar surface and threaten to hit the cities of our enemies with bolides; probably a saving on the Trident fleet.

What? It's just as likely as the Lib Dems having an appreciable number of MPs after the next election.
    Seventh place. Seventh.
    Clegg still doesn't grasp how much everybody hates him, and the rest of the Lib Derps don't grasp that it's not just Clegg.

Edited by President_Weasel at 17:57:51 03-05-2013
  • RobTheBuilder 3 May 2013 17:54:11 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @xuiton if the definition of 'common sense' includes the phrases 'closet racists' and 'idiotic aversion to sensible policy'.

Ukip are common sense only for people whose opinions of politics are shaped solely by the sun or daily mail. I.e.: closet racists.
  • senso-ji 3 May 2013 18:03:10 5,956 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm not sure why the media are kicking up such a fuss over UKIP's gains in the local elections; sure, they gained a plethora of seats, but so did Independents and Labour. It's people voting against the coalition rather than for a specific party.
  • RobTheBuilder 3 May 2013 18:08:03 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @senso-ji they need a big story. Reasonable gains aren't exciting enough.

Plus UKIP's lunatic policies appeal to the people that run several of the major newspapers.
  • DaM 3 May 2013 18:08:15 13,326 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @xuiton if the definition of 'common sense' includes the phrases 'closet racists' and 'idiotic aversion to sensible policy'.

Ukip are common sense only for people whose opinions of politics are shaped solely by the sun or daily mail. I.e.: closet racists.
    Is that the same closet darkmorgado is in? I think the doors are well and truly wide open....

The lurch of Southern Britain to the right can only be good news to the SNP - UKIP tend to lose deposits in Scotland.

I appreciate that it probably makes a Labour victory more likely in 2015...but what about a Tory-UKIP coalition?

Please tell me it's just a mid-term protest vote....
  • xuiton 3 May 2013 18:28:01 297 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I couldn't care less if a few bigots are in UKIP, all the major parties have them, you just don't hear about them as much.

I'm more interested in leaving the EU, it has been nothing but a disaster and an embarrassment for the uk.
  • Retroid Moderator 3 May 2013 18:52:08 44,967 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    If you're a terrible fuckwit I imagine they are.
  • RobTheBuilder 3 May 2013 18:59:44 6,521 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @xuiton if you seriously believe that then I have no interest in any other political opinion you could possibly express. The preset government are an embarrassment to the uk, the high vote figures for UKIP are an embarrassment to this country.

Europe has been a mixed blessing, but overall we are significantly better off than we would be without it.
  • DaM 3 May 2013 19:08:31 13,326 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The UKIP vote, even if it doesn't translate into parliamentary seats, will drag the rest of them to the right. Not what we need at the moment.
  • xuiton 3 May 2013 19:19:35 297 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    RobTheBuilder wrote:
    @xuiton if you seriously believe that then I have no interest in any other political opinion you could possibly express. The preset government are an embarrassment to the uk, the high vote figures for UKIP are an embarrassment to this country.

Europe has been a mixed blessing, but overall we are significantly better off than we would be without it.
    oh I see. you do not like an opinion that differs from yours so you automatically dismiss it and state you will not discuss the matter further, amazing.

the current government is an embarrassment, but the previous labour were even worse.
  • disusedgenius 3 May 2013 19:21:41 5,399 posts
    Seen 46 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    ...in as much as they just tell you what you want to hear.

They're just a protest party, at the end of the day. Can't be that surprised when they do well during times like this.
  • Retroid Moderator 3 May 2013 19:24:43 44,967 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    the current government is an embarrassment
    I'd hate to see what you think a 'calamity' looks like.
    but the previous labour were even worse.
    Let me guess: immigration?
  • xuiton 3 May 2013 19:34:50 297 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    xuiton wrote:
    the current government is an embarrassment
    I'd hate to see what you think a 'calamity' looks like.
    but the previous labour were even worse.
    Let me guess: immigration?
    not really immigration. was one of many things the previous government was a joke for, hardly the main factor. of course you think that though, anyone who isn't a bleeding heart liberal or criticises immigration must be a racist or closest racist in this case.

everything from foreign policy, to the economy, education and social policy.

I mean they have created a level of people in this country that a welfare dependant, these same people will vote labour to keep their lazy lives.
  • Retroid Moderator 3 May 2013 19:41:22 44,967 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    xuiton wrote:
    not really immigration. was one of many things the previous government was a joke for, hardly the main factor. of course you think that though, anyone who isn't a bleeding heart liberal or criticises immigration must be a racist or closest racist in this case.
    See, you could've just said "no" without the tabloid frothing coming through.

Do tell.

I mean they have created a level of people in this country that a welfare dependant, these same people will vote labour to keep their lazy lives.
    I take it you've got evidence for this?

Daily Mail, Express, Sun or Star stories are not evidence, by the way.
  • Bremenacht 3 May 2013 19:42:38 18,693 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Retroid wrote:
    xuiton wrote:
    Do tell.
    Rather he didn't.
  • Page

of 210 First / Last